All things Bourbon

286,155 Views | 2198 Replies | Last: 7 hrs ago by ncsupack1
curmudgeon.zen
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Just scored an ECBP and a Knob 12yr at my local shop. Not super rare or anything, but not something I generally see on the shelves here. Kind of pumped that my ****ty little local shop seems to be upping its game a bit. Good weekend ahead
Log off. Go outside.
wilmwolf
Hard to go wrong with those two 12 year old bourbons. Enjoy!
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
pluralitus
Local shop had the new Booker's (Apprentice Batch) and the Woodford Master Collection (Batch 18). Pricey but its time to treat myself!

barnburner
Stopped in the Youngsville, ABC store today.. the nicest ABC store I have been in this state. They even have their own app
Also got a Knob Creek 12 year there today.. first time I have seen it in over a year.
JumboPack
I've not tried the woodford master collection. Let me know how it is?
curmudgeon.zen
Ha! Turns out the ECBP I picked up, it's the B523 batch, is NOT, in fact, a 12 yr old. Age statement on this one is 11 yrs 5 months. Seems a few of the bour*****es on the interwebs got their panties in a bunch about it not being 12 yrs old this go around. I'm assuming those folks didn't taste it first, though, cause if they had, I don't imagine there'd have been much complaining. This juice is right damn tasty. I have zero problems slumming it with this underaged ECBP. Fabulous stuff!!

Yes, I may have started a tad bit early this afternoon. Cheers, folks!!
Log off. Go outside.
wilmwolf
Got some good news on the personal front today, celebrating with an excellent Russell's reserve single barrel.
st8ofdenial
WOW...a whole month and no responses...Pushing back to the top.

I enjoyed a pour of Buffalo Trace and a Perdomo stogie for my birthday yesterday!
wilmwolf
In the process of closing on a house, so I've been drinking a lot lately, both from the stress and in an effort to have less bottles to move. Still negotiating with the fiancee as to the bar setup in the new place, apparently she doesn't want to turn the dining room into a bourbon bar. Discussions are ongoing.
RvaWolf
Peerless Bourbon, maple syrup old Fashion for Commitment Day!!
SexualChocolate
Decided to have a pour of NC 4 Roses BS pick. Very tasty!
RvaWolf
Drinking Bourbon Basil Smashes with Basil from the garden to celebrate both commitments today!
stuartmcarthur5
I really like Michters Small Match and found their American Whiskey in Boston. Is it worth getting or not?
Captain Chaos
stuartmcarthur5 said:

I really like Michters Small Match and found their American Whiskey in Boston. Is it worth getting or not?
I really enjoy the Mitcher's American Whiskey. I just bought my second bottle of it and would recommend.
TheStorm
Hampstead got their quarterly motherlode of allocated the other day... I didn't go, somebody sent me a blurry picture of it though (apparently now when the allocated comes in Pender they put it out on the checkout counter so that all can see equally)... the one that stood out to me was a row of Baker's 13 Year.
RvaWolf
Heard they were putting out Bakers 13 again. The release from several years ago was really good.
wilmwolf
stuartmcarthur5 said:

The American whiskey isn't bad for a relatively low proof whiskey. Based on their descriptions, it sounds like it's aged in used cooperage, which is why it's not a bourbon.
SexualChocolate
RvaWolf said:

Heard they were putting out Bakers 13 again. The release from several years ago was really good.

They just released some at Youngville at their 6pm drop.
CJwolf
wilmwolf80 said:

stuartmcarthur5 said:

The American whiskey isn't bad for a relatively low proof whiskey. Based on their descriptions, it sounds like it's aged in used cooperage, which is why it's not a bourbon.

Popped the Michter Sour Mash last night for the West commit. Really tasty if you can deal with an 86 proofer…
stuartmcarthur5
CJwolf said:

wilmwolf80 said:

stuartmcarthur5 said:

Popped the Michter Sour Mash last night for the West commit. Really tasty if you can deal with an 86 proofer…

I actually really enjoy the sour mash. Excited to try the American Whiskey
RvaWolf
Four Roses 2023 limited edition release for anyone able to drive to Kentucky to pick up if you win.

https://www.fourrosesbourbon.com/enjoy-it-first

RvaWolf
Starting the season off with Bourbon Bloody Marys Sat morning. Too hot to drink neat. Go Pack!
barnburner
RvaWolf said:

Starting the season off with Bourbon Bloody Marys Sat morning. Too hot to drink neat. Go Pack!
never tried that one... I'm still on gin drinks until it cools a little more.
stuartmcarthur5
I'm still on gin drinks as well, but I so have a refreshing bourbon one which I throw in as well
JumboPack
It's bourbon time. Need to dull the memory of that game. Making an old fashion with willet 4 year rye at 109.4 proof and using cherry bitters.
PaulLasagna
JumboPack said:

It's bourbon time. Need to dull the memory of that game. Making an old fashion with willet 4 year rye at 109.4 proof and using cherry bitters.

Sounds tasty.
JumboPack
Probably should have stopped at 2 but it's Saturday and still some good football games on!
stuartmcarthur5
Finally cracked and for the Elijah Craig BP B523 and it's fantastic. Hoping to get my hands on the C923 if I can. Still have yet to see the Private Select 4 Roses SB but want to get my hands on that as well
barnburner
Just a fun story… out in Yellowstone and we saw 100s of Buffalo today so we decided to have a Buffalo trace toast. We walked out of the hotel and there was a huge bull blocking the entrance! It was fate.
stuartmcarthur5
Got my hands on the EC BP C923. Nice score for today.
RvaWolf
Really enjoyed the B523, but have heard really good things about the C. Enjoy!
curmudgeon.zen
stuartmcarthur5 said:

Got my hands on the EC BP C923. Nice score for today.
Jealous. Been hunting that one. No luck thus far. Congrats and enjoy!!
Log off. Go outside.
stuartmcarthur5
RvaWolf said:

Really enjoyed the B523, but have heard really good things about the C. Enjoy!

Tried it side by side and the C is better imo. Really smooth and great flavor and not a harsh bite you would think for a 133 proof bourbon
stuartmcarthur5
Had my first Tuesday off and that's when they drop at my local ABC. Got real lucky today it's fantastic
DJncsu13
Anyone ever had any of the John J Bowman 10Y? Have heard good things about it, but never seen on the shelf.
"For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack"
Follow me on twitter: @d_johnson13/@PackUniforms

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.