All things Bourbon

346,776 Views | 2308 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by wilmwolf
stuartmcarthur5
How long do you want to ignore this user?
It is a bit expensive and I did spend the most money I have on their single barrel bourbon which is amazing. My dad got the single barrel rye which converted him to ryes. I'm not sure what the markup price is but you can get the small batch rye for $89 and small batch bourbon for $79 at the distillery. I'm sure it's more in the stores.
wilmwolf
Having a Four Roses single barrel that a buddy gave me. Normally not my favorite pour, but this one is really good.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
The Gatekeeper.
Homer Dumbarse.
RvaWolf
Just cracked a Widow Jane Lucky 13 I picked up this afternoon. Absolutely delicious! Medium proof at 93. Just enough sweetness, nice easy drinker that fit my palate great. Easy drinker and a bit on the high side, price wise, but happy with the purchase. They had a 15 year Decadence, but at $224 i left it on the shelf and patted myself on the back for being fiscally responsible. Small wins.
barnburner
I'm having an EC barrel proof for the game. What's everyone drinking?
st8ofdenial
Just received this as a gift from my Dad…not going to lie, I cussed when it was pulled out of the bag
READ
Your Dad loves you
TheStorm
Kind of like when Ralphie helps his dad change the flat tire?
SexualChocolate
Great gift!! My favorite wheater.
st8ofdenial
Oh it's good!!!
I do love the Weller line, but Old Elk is creeping up on it. I enjoy there line too
stuartmcarthur5
Dad was in Louisville this weekend for a conference so on the way home today they stopped by Buffalo Trace and got EH Taylor Small Batch and another regular Buffalo Trace
JumboPack
stuartmcarthur5 said:

Dad was in Louisville this weekend for a conference so on the way home today they stopped by Buffalo Trace and got EH Taylor Small Batch and another regular Buffalo Trace
EH Taylor is my absolute favorite for the price.
vanuel
I was able to put my hands on a Joseph Magnus Cigar Blend here recently and it is excellent, IMO. Pretty hefty price point, but probably the best finished bourbon that I've had other than Wild Turkey Revival. We got all three of the Joseph Magnus expressions here in NC for the first time to my knowledge. The regular Joseph Magnus is usually available on the shelf in Virginia stores and is less pricey.
RvaWolf
Have never had the Cigar Blend but people rave about it. Good get!
vanuel
RvaWolf said:

Have never had the Cigar Blend but people rave about it. Good get!
Pricey but delicious. Their batches are really small and there is some definite variation so getting a second one of the same batch that you like can be a challenge. I will buy it again if it comes back around.
SexualChocolate
If we win tomorrow, I will be drinking something really good from by cabinet. I'm so ready for this game, I'm going to have to pace myself tomorrow.
JumboPack
SexualChocolate said:

If we win tomorrow, I will be drinking something really good from by cabinet. I'm so ready for this game, I'm going to have to pace myself tomorrow.
Same here. I have a Blanton's Gold Label that I have not opened yet that will definitely get cracked open when we win.

What are you thinking about drinking for the victory?
SexualChocolate
I'm thinking a Stagg Jr. Probably my favorite high proof.
JumboPack
SexualChocolate said:

I'm thinking a Stagg Jr. Probably my favorite high proof.
That would be sweet! Gonna need to send a picture of that when you crack it open.
RvaWolf
Cracked this before the ECU game. Had 1 drink just prior to each game in honor of #13. 4-0 so far and was getting nervous that I would run out and ordered a back up to get me through 12 games. Cheers to hoping it works again today! Go Pack!!
SexualChocolate
I have not tried that but I heard it was great! I have a WJ 12 year in my cabinet that might be the best thing I own.
stuartmcarthur5
Checked with my local ABC store since they said to come in on Tuesdays. Got lucky today and got a bottle of Eagle Rare and Sazerac Rye
wilmwolf
Having some Woodford double oaked tonight, which is pretty much the only Woodford I like. I've been dealing with a nagging cough from covid for about a month now, which has curtailed my bourbon drinking..
The Gatekeeper.
Homer Dumbarse.
TheStorm
I wasn't fortunate enough to land one of them, but one of my two local stores here at the island got 4 bottles of Weller this week. 2 bottles of White Label (C.Y.P.B) and 2 bottles of Blue Label (Full Proof).
wilmwolf
Bump. Too many dumb threads at the top of this board. What's everyone sipping on lately?
The Gatekeeper.
Homer Dumbarse.
stuartmcarthur5
Right now Russels 10 as well the Makers Mark store pick. Also making whiskey sours with Elijah Craig Small Batch.
wilmwolf
That's a nice night right there!
The Gatekeeper.
Homer Dumbarse.
barnburner
I nursed the Elijah Craig last night.... I may open a knob creek single barrel for tonight. I never see that anymore.
TheStorm
barnburner said:

I nursed the Elijah Craig last night.... I may open a knob creek single barrel for tonight. I never see that anymore.
The 120 Proof?
barnburner
Yes, that's the one. One of my favorites that used to be on the shelf all the time until a couple years ago. I haven't seen one in a long time. I have a 15 year that I found this summer in NYC but am yet to open... Maybe do a side by side :-)
wilmwolf
Eagle Rare tonight. Somehow I feel it's underappreciated in the Buffalo Trace lineup. If they put it in a tube like Colonel Taylor they probably could bump up the price $20, but I'm glad they don't. It's harder to find now than it used to be, but still a good value for a ten year bourbon.
The Gatekeeper.
Homer Dumbarse.
barnburner
^ I agree w this.. put Eagle Rare beside BT....no contest
st8ofdenial
barnburner said:

^ I agree w this.. put Eagle Rare beside BT....no contest

Celebrating losing 30lbs the last 8 weeks

Went with Heaven Hill BIB 7yr tonight with a Perdomo Champagne 10yr stogie!!
RvaWolf
Russell's with a fire and no stress on a bye week =Winning!
AlleyPack
My local store had AAA (Ancient Ancient Age; my favorite mixer) yesterday -- for the first time in over a year.
Sad times in NC.

wilmwolf
Some of that is supply/distribution issues, but it's also clerks telling people that AAA is made by Buffalo Trace, which I've witnessed several times. I've also seen them put signs on the Eagle Rare that say "Made by Buffalo Trace!". I can't imagine how tiring it gets answering questions about BT/Blanton's, i hear someone asking about it pretty much every time I'm in a store, but it also kinda stinks that it has made some other things hard to find.
The Gatekeeper.
Homer Dumbarse.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.