All things Bourbon

286,258 Views | 2198 Replies | Last: 11 hrs ago by ncsupack1
Captain Chaos
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Same... Feel like iId have a better shot at winning the Masters
barnburner
not me
DJncsu13
Captain Chaos said:

Same... Feel like iId have a better shot at winning the Masters

I won the Masters Lottery in 2017. This feels like worse of a chance.
"For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack"
Follow me on twitter: @d_johnson13/@PackUniforms
stuartmcarthur5
Heading to Austin tomorrow so Friday I'm hoping to procure good decent stuff so wish me luck
vanuel
Right after Christmas and New Years is not exactly prime time but Austin is big enough that you can score some good stuff regardless.
TheStorm
stuartmcarthur5 said:

Heading to Austin tomorrow so Friday I'm hoping to procure good decent stuff so wish me luck
Send pictures!
barnburner
There should be plenty of BT and Wellers green.
I saw where distributor for BT was fired recently. Maybe that will lead to changes in NC.
stuartmcarthur5
Haven't seen any Weller Green or BT and missed out on a Eagle Rare store pick since I got there too late but did get these 3 and might try tomorrow
st8ofdenial
stuartmcarthur5 said:

Haven't seen any Weller Green or BT and missed out on a Eagle Rare store pick since I got there too late but did get these 3 and might try tomorrow

Was in Houston last Sat thru Wed, didn't get to hunt, then Dallas for Thur/Fri. Didn't pull the trigger on anything in Dallas. Almost did that Penelope, and found a couple Joesph Mangum, but couldn't pull the trigger.
JumboPack
stuartmcarthur5 said:

That old forester is is really good if you like the high proof bourbons. Nice pickup.
stuartmcarthur5
JumboPack said:

stuartmcarthur5 said:

That old forester is is really good if you like the high proof bourbons. Nice pickup.

I'm starting to get into the higher proof so I think this one will be good to expand that.
JumboPack
stuartmcarthur5 said:

JumboPack said:

stuartmcarthur5 said:

I'm starting to get into the higher proof so I think this one will be good to expand that.
I have enjoyed the bottle I opened around the holidays.

Also, some stores in Texas have their inventory online and would have Weller and Buffalo Trace.

Check out stores like Travis Heights https://travisheightswine.com/shop?type=Spirits&subtype=Whiskey&subtype=Bourbon

Or A & B Liquor https://abliquor.net/shop?type=Spirits&subtype=Bourbon

If they are not close to where you are then google those that have websites and are near you to checkout inventory.
wilmwolf
The barrel proof old Forester picks can be great. Also their 90 and 100 proof barrel picks can be amazing as well.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
barnburner
Was at Miami airport yesterday. They had EC single barrel 18 yr for $299. I don't remember NC price but that did it seem to bad. BTW I ain't paying that much for anything or even close to that.
In the DR they had tons of Blantons at $180; no wonder.
wilmwolf
Last time I bought EC18 it was $130ish if I remember correctly.
JumboPack
I have seen the EC 18 in Atlanta a couple times for $250. I haven't pulled the trigger yet.
vanuel
It's $130.00 in NC. Expensive but a very good pour, IMO. 18 yr old whiskey is inherently more expensive because the distillery has to recover their cost over a very long time and there is way less whiskey left in the barrel than when it was filled. Sometimes ala Sazerac 18 or Eagle Rare17 there's barely enough left to even have a release. It used to be fairly easy to get, but it's turning into a bottle that is hunted to death. I have one from about 2-3 years ago that I drink gently on and it was an outstanding release.
vanuel
JumboPack said:

I have seen the EC 18 in Atlanta a couple times for $250. I haven't pulled the trigger yet.
That's about as good as you can hope for on the private store market.
stuartmcarthur5
Don't have them yet since my dad is picking them up tomorrow but I got 2 1.75L Weller Special Reserves to be picked up plus my other 3 bottles
JumboPack
stuartmcarthur5 said:

Don't have them yet since my dad is picking them up tomorrow but I got 2 1.75L Weller Special Reserves to be picked up plus my other 3 bottles
Did he get those in Austin. I am drinking some Weller special reserve tonight. Great everyday drink and to mix.
stuartmcarthur5
Yeah I got then from a shop but they weren't open yesterday so dad is picking them up on their way to the airport
stuartmcarthur5
The final hail from this Texas trip and my overall collection.

vanuel
Nice. I wish that I could run up on that Old Forester bottle. I've never had it and I would like to try it.
wilmwolf
Let's bump this up. Lately I've been working on a bottle of Russell's Reserve single Barrel. These have been hit or miss for me over there years, but the one I have open now is very good.
st8ofdenial
Heading to West Kentucky next week for work, going to hunt while there. Been temped to pull the trigger on an online purchase of Hardins Creek the 184 month. Can't decide on if I should or not. It's not marked up much from MSRP
RvaWolf
Love the Russell's reserve single barrel as well as the 10YR. Always have one open, but your right on the variance on the single. Had some outstanding ones, but also mediocre.
RvaWolf
just picked up my winning bottle from the VA ABC lottery. Been entering for a solid 5-6 years and never won in my own name. Very excited about opening this one!!

st8ofdenial
Congratulations.! I had a buddy win the Wake County NC with that bottle too.

I have yet to win in that lottery though
barnburner
Nice bottle RVA! Congrats. I read an item about a bourbon tasting put on by Alley 26 over in Durham but the event was to be at the Brookside Bodega in Raleigh from 4 to 6. On tap, a tasting of an OF Single Barrel and I have not tried that one yet. I show up at 4:30 and no one is there.. Thanks RAL website! (not WRAL)
TheStorm
st8ofdenial said:

Congratulations.! I had a buddy win the Wake County NC with that bottle too.

I have yet to win in that lottery though
I have that bottle also, but was lucky enough to purchase it off the shelf in a sparsely populated coastal plains county on my way to / from Williamston 3-4 months ago.
READ
My sister won the Birthday for Pitt County. Her first time entering a lottery.
vanuel
Oh wow. Right on. One of the harder to find bottles for sure. I had a 2017 version of Birthday Bourbon and it was really good. I recommend a can of Private Preserve from Total Wine to go with it if you are going to sip on it occasionally and let it sit around. Mine started to get pretty low and I did notice that it deteriorated significantly due to the amount of air in the bottle over the juice. Or you can just plow thru it like a madman.
vanuel
wilmwolf80 said:

Let's bump this up. Lately I've been working on a bottle of Russell's Reserve single Barrel. These have been hit or miss for me over there years, but the one I have open now is very good.
I have a couple of bottles of Russell's Reserve from 2018 that were picked by a really good bourbon club that were outstanding. I was fortunate enough to be able to go back to the store and grab two that were left over. Store picks can occasionally be outstanding.
SexualChocolate
Daughter got into State today so it's time for something good. Might crack this……
wilmwolf
Congrats to her!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.