Harris 2024

140,731 Views | 2322 Replies | Last: 55 sec ago by Bas2020
hokiewolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
No, you're not being taxed on an asset you haven't sold, you're being taxed for services to that property based on a property tax formula. There's no assumption of profit there. There is an assessment of the value of the home. You can't do that with non tangible assets.
Originator of the Tony Adams Scale
SmaptyWolf
hokiewolf said:

No, you're not being taxed on an asset you haven't sold, you're being taxed for services to that property based on a property tax formula. There's no assumption of profit there. There is an assessment of the value of the home. You can't do that with non tangible assets.

What "services to the property" are you talking about? They're basically city taxes. The "tax formula" is based on the currently assessed value, not what you paid for it, so whether or not you want to call it a tax on unrealized profit that's exactly what it is.

You're seriously saying there's no way to assess the current value of a stock portfolio? Somehow billionaires take loans out against the value of their portfolios all the time.
Oldsouljer
hokiewolf said:

You can really imagine what that would do to the real estate market. And working People's wallets and their dream of homeownership.
hokiewolf
SmaptyWolf said:

hokiewolf said:

What "services to the property" are you talking about? They're basically city taxes. The "tax formula" is based on the currently assessed value, not what you paid for it, so whether or not you want to call it a tax on unrealized profit that's exactly what it is.

You're seriously saying there's no way to assess the current value of a stock portfolio? Somehow billionaires take loans out against the value of their portfolios all the time.
water, sewer, roads, fire protection, police, street lights, schools, etc. all tangible things provided to the property owner in exchange for a property tax.

All you want to do with a putative yearly capital gains tax is redistribution of wealth by the power of the federal government. It's not a 1:1 proposition, and again government is inefficient at redistributing money.
Bas2020
ncsupack1
Bas2020 said:

Didn't watch, but how is this going to bring in voters? Not knocking you at all, I really wish they'd go after policy after policy and not the name calling games, ( if this is what the ad is doing ). I really feel like this isn't goin to work, once again, people are over 2016. jmo
AlleyPack
ncsupack1 said:

Bas2020 said:

Didn't watch, but how is this going to bring in voters? Not knocking you at all, I really wish they'd go after policy after policy and not the name calling games, ( if this is what the ad is doing ). I really feel like this isn't goin to work, once again, people are over 2016. jmo

It mentions quite a few policies.
ncsupack1
AlleyPack said:

ncsupack1 said:

Bas2020 said:

It mentions quite a few policies.
Thanks for sharing.
Gulfstream4
Video shows armed gang at troubled Colorado apartment building believed to have been taken over by migrants

https://www.foxnews.com/us/video-shows-armed-gang-troubled-colorado-apartment-building-believed-have-been-taken-over-migrants.amp

- - -

Mrs. Harris's America coming to a town near you.
SmaptyWolf
hokiewolf said:

SmaptyWolf said:

hokiewolf said:

water, sewer, roads, fire protection, police, street lights, schools, etc. all tangible things provided to the property owner in exchange for a property tax.

All you want to do with a putative yearly capital gains tax is redistribution of wealth by the power of the federal government. It's not a 1:1 proposition, and again government is inefficient at redistributing money.

Ok, but that's a different conversation.

So the only difference between the two is that you don't mind city taxes (a.k.a. an unrealized wealth tax on your property) for things that are right in front of your face (even if you don't have kids and are paying for someone else's schooling), but you don't like federal taxes for things that are far away where it's not obvious how they ultimately affect your life.

I'm guessing you're fine with "redistributing" wealth to the wealthy, though, because you believe that somehow benefits everyone, while "redistributing" wealth to the middle class is a waste, but in general you don't see the complicated connection between the tax money our federal government spends and us being the most successful country on Earth, which has allowed you by extension to have a life you could never have had in Haiti or wherever.

Got it! I disagree.
hokiewolf
YOURE NOT PAYING TAXES ON THE THEORETICAL VALUE OF A HOUSE SALE. It is based on an assessment of the value of the house in the current market. It is a use tax for the property you own within the city or county limits.

And yes, I'm perfectly fine with city and county taxes to a degree if they are not used for stupid *****

I believe the federal government has thoroughly demonstrated their inability to efficiently spend the revenue they collect and continue to overspend. Therefore i prefer that everyone have the opportunity to keep as much of their money as possible.

You are making an obtuse argument.
SmaptyWolf
hokiewolf said:

YOURE NOT PAYING TAXES ON THE THEORETICAL VALUE OF A HOUSE SALE. It is based on an assessment of the value of the house in the current market. It is a use tax for the property you own within the city or county limits.

And yes, I'm perfectly fine with city and county taxes to a degree if they are not used for stupid *****

I believe the federal government has thoroughly demonstrated their inability to efficiently spend the revenue they collect and continue to overspend. Therefore i prefer that everyone have the opportunity to keep as much of their money as possible.

What is the difference between the "theoretical value of a house sale" and the "assessed value of the house in the current market"? You don't think that's an obtuse distinction?

Maybe this is a confusing topic for you because NC has an absurdly low property tax rate. But the actual rate is irrelevant to the point... what you pay goes up as your house appreciates. I live in a suburb of NYC where everyone in my neighborhood pays between $2000 and $5000 PER MONTH in property taxes. Trust me, it most definitely feels like a wealth tax around here.
hokiewolf
SmaptyWolf said:

hokiewolf said:

What is the difference between the "theoretical value of a house sale" and the "assessed value of the house in the current market"? You don't think that's an obtuse distinction?

Maybe this is a confusing topic for you because NC has an absurdly low property tax rate. But the actual rate is irrelevant to the point... what you pay goes up as your house appreciates. I live in a suburb of NYC where everyone in my neighborhood pays between $2000 and $5000 PER MONTH in property taxes. Trust me, it most definitely feels like a wealth tax around here.
you shouldn't be paying that much in property taxes. That's what continuous unopposed Democratic Party rule gets you. So yea, in your case it is a tax.
ncsupack1
hokiewolf said:

SmaptyWolf said:

hokiewolf said:

you shouldn't be paying that much in property taxes. That's what continuous unopposed Democratic Party rule gets you. So yea, in your case it is a tax.

Good point.
SmaptyWolf
hokiewolf said:

SmaptyWolf said:

hokiewolf said:

Lol, everyone around here also has a yacht parked in the Long Island Sound. Is that also what unopposed Democratic Party rule gets you?
hokiewolf
You're really showing your true colors here. Everyone should be able to make what they can. The government shouldn't decide what is too much money for someone to make. The market should drive that. Every time government picks winners and losers, everyone is a loser, well except if you're connected:

First Solar spent $4.3 million on lobbying, won $10 BILLION in US subsidies, & "delivered a massive windfall to a small group of Democratic donors" along the way.

GuerrillaPack
https://instagr.am/p/C_ToL3jNZwE
"Ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." - John 15:19
SmaptyWolf
hokiewolf said:

You're really showing your true colors here. Everyone should be able to make what they can. The government shouldn't decide what is too much money for someone to make. The market should drive that. Every time government picks winners and losers, everyone is a loser, well except if you're connected:

Man, you guys are like an endless stream of "truthy" sounding bumper stickers.
GuerrillaPack
https://instagr.am/p/C_T-aohuo9Z

Similarly....Harris claims that she "did a great job as border czar".

But now she will "fix the border crisis".

Of course, we know the real agenda of the communist Democrats is for totally open borders and mass amnesty. So when Harris says that she did a "good" job on the border, it is "good" from the perspective of the Democrats, because she further opened up the border to a larger invasion. And when she now talks about "fixing" the border, the definition of "fix" per the Democrats is to pass legislation that further opens up the border to even more "legal" immigration and granting amnesty for millions of those who already entered the country illegally.
"Ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." - John 15:19
DrummerboyWolf
Here is an interview with Rich Baris of Big Data Polls and The People's Pundit on Warroom today. Two videos on this page and he explains how the polls are rigged and their data is not believable.

Baris knows his stuff.

https://warroom.org/media-manipulation-and-polling-distortions-insights-from-richard-barris/
Being an N. C. State fan builds great character!
Oldsouljer
DrummerboyWolf said:

Here is an interview with Rich Baris of Big Data Polls and The People's Pundit on Warroom today. Two videos on this page and he explains how the polls are rigged and their data is not believable.

Baris knows his stuff.

https://warroom.org/media-manipulation-and-polling-distortions-insights-from-richard-barris/
I don't doubt it. She never polled higher for approval than even Biden, then for no credible reason, she suddenly climbs from 29% approval to being tied with or even leading Trump.
Bas2020
Walz own brother will not vote for him . Calls him dangerous.

Civilized
Oldsouljer said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

Baris knows his stuff.

I don't doubt it. She never polled higher for approval than even Biden, then for no credible reason, she suddenly climbs from 29% approval to being tied with or even leading Trump.

This isn't some big mystery. It's not magic.

People had vaguely negative impressions of her but they weren't informed or fixed. They more they learned, and contrasted against the alternative (Trump) the better she looked.

This "polls are fixed" stuff is just coping. Pollsters have no incentive to be intentionally inaccurate when they know their work will be analyzed and critiqued for accuracy after the fact. There are many services out there that rank pollsters based on historical accuracy. You should look them up.
Werewolf
DrummerboyWolf said:

Baris knows his stuff.

Excellent find. Media, fact checking sites and polls......all fakes to control a narrative. Some of it is controlled opposition too......it's how we have such a tightly held matrix.
GuerrillaPack
Commie La wants to confiscate "assault weapons" with a mandatory "buy back" program:

https://instagr.am/p/C_VxuFnPk5M
Werewolf
#Sieve, you've been spot on with VP Kamala Harris all along. The American public nows see that great statesmen.......we did not know!

GuerrillaPack
Does anyone believe that Kommie-La has actually changed her position and now "will get tough on illegal immigration", now wants to "lower taxes", or "no longer supports confiscating assault weapons with a mandatory buy back"?

Obviously she has only flip flopped and is now saying those things because she thinks it will help her chances to get elected. But if elected, she would flip flop back to being for open borders, high taxes, and pushing for draconian gun control.

https://instagr.am/p/C_UCf9zOzQD
Werewolf
RINOs, the controlled opposition, now show their true colors. Just an arm of the Globalist controlled Uniparty.

GuerrillaPack
https://instagr.am/p/C_V9zobupB1
Civilized
Werewolf said:

RINOs, the controlled opposition, now show their true colors. Just an arm of the Globalist controlled Uniparty.

I don't know Were.

More likely they're just normal people that know Trump is a complete loser.
Bockwinkle
Werewolf said:

The outer party endorses the inner party.

Shocking.
Werewolf
Civilized said:

Werewolf said:

I don't know Were.

More likely they're just normal people that know Trump is a complete loser.
#Sieve, you're so badly buried in the matrix you haven't a clue. Take this site for example, people have woken up here as evidenced by the #'s and its easy to project from there. #devolution my friend. #EnjoytheShow
Oldsouljer
I don't want to politicize the "Today I learned…." Thread, so here goes…..today I learned that there's a severe insulin shortage, particularly the variety called "long lasting insulin". My father-in-law needs this product and now depends on an inferior product to get by with. Kamala is bragging about capping insulin at $35, whether she had anything to do with it or not, but this just goes to show where we'll end up with widespread price-fixing.
GuerrillaPack
Comrade Kommumala's allies now openly admitting they are enemies of the Constitution and Bill of Rights...

In order to "save democracy", we must destroy the 1st and 2nd Amendments! Free speech and the right to bear arms are a threat to communism....errrr, I mean "a threat to democracy".

The Marxist Left have re-defined the word "democracy" to mean "a communist tyrannical government".

Yes, the U.S. Constitution was designed to limit the power of government and ensure that the people have God-given rights that cannot be taken away by the government. So the Constitution and Bill of Rights are are "dangerous" and a "threat" to power-hungry tyrannical communists, who want absolute control over every aspect of our lives.

packofwolves
GuerrillaPack said:

Does anyone believe that Kommie-La has actually changed her position and now "will get tough on illegal immigration", now wants to "lower taxes", or "no longer supporters confiscating assault weapons with a mandatory buy back"?

Obviously she has only flip flopped and is now saying those things because she thinks it will help her chances to get elected. But if elected, she would flip flop back to being for open borders, high taxes, and pushing for draconian gun control.

https://instagr.am/p/C_UCf9zOzQD

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.