Harris 2024

131,761 Views | 2228 Replies | Last: 1 min ago by GuerrillaPack
CoachCase
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Civilized said:

CoachCase said:

Civilized said:

Wufpack17 said:

I only vote based on one thing...my personal economics, because that is what makes the world go round. That is what puts food on the table, that is what finances my home, that is what puts clothes on my kids back. Abortion is insanely unimportant, it's a distraction. Transgenderism is a farce, another distraction. Social issues buy and large only exist to anger the populous and divide.

With that said, after seeing some of KamalamaDingDongs voting history and own words coming from her mouth, her economic policy is going to be a disaster for many, myself included and I will not vote for that simply because some woke yuppy thinks Trump is a rapist.

A disaster like the last four years have been "a disaster"?

Every other country in the world would trade our economy for theirs.

Most likely true, but it was much better under Trump's four years. That is where Democrats have no reasonable answer!
The economy was great Trump's last year?

How was it when he left office?
Okay, I'll take three out of four years anytime than the last four under Biden/Harris. The fourth year was marred by Covid and there was no playbook for Trump or any other president. As for Biden starting out under Covid, he faced same issues that Trump did. IMO, the government went overboard in money spent on vaccines (Big Pharma profited nicely), education, daycare, etc and helped create a society - even more than it already was - that has become dependent on the government dime. And, yes, historically Democrats tend to be the first to tell what the problem is and other than trying to solve it - they dump money into it hoping the problem goes away but it only increases the dependency. Case in point: all of these daycares up in arms because Federal Covid money was running out and they claimed their daycares were at risk of closing if state government did not kick in! Did you or anyone else ever think to ask "how did you manage to operate pre-Covid?"
ncsupack1
Civilized said:

Yep.
Statements, why doesn't she just do a interview? Biden 2.0.
Werewolf
Pimps and Hoes .....by Judge Joe Brown

SmaptyWolf
CoachCase said:

SmaptyWolf said:

CoachCase said:

Civilized said:

Wufpack17 said:

I only vote based on one thing...my personal economics, because that is what makes the world go round. That is what puts food on the table, that is what finances my home, that is what puts clothes on my kids back. Abortion is insanely unimportant, it's a distraction. Transgenderism is a farce, another distraction. Social issues buy and large only exist to anger the populous and divide.

With that said, after seeing some of KamalamaDingDongs voting history and own words coming from her mouth, her economic policy is going to be a disaster for many, myself included and I will not vote for that simply because some woke yuppy thinks Trump is a rapist.

Most likely true, but it was much better under Trump's four years. That is where Democrats have no reasonable answer!
What was much better? Do you actually have any idea?

Which economic metrics didn't continue their trends from 2008? If you look at those graphs it's very hard to spot where Trump began. So yeah, I guess he was technically there while the economy was doing well. Until the pandemic, of course, which he helped make as bad as possible.

He certainly gave more tax cuts to businesses and jacked our deficit into the stratosphere, so I guess if you're into stock buybacks those were good times.
Your dollar went further. Inflation was in check. Unemployment rates were manageable. Small business was much better. I do not know your financial situation. I do not know if if you buy groceries, pay mortgage, clothes, gas, etc but from a personal experience I was much better. Also, serious statement as well: I am 59 years old and have dealings with small to mid-major business people. They will tell you hands down that the economic climate in America is historically better under Republican administrations than Democratic runs. years

The funny thing about inflation, it's what's called a "lagging indicator". What you do now creates or fixes inflation a year or more later. So the inflation (that portion not caused by global factors) that smacked Biden in his first year was actually signed into law by Trump... remember all of those government handouts that Trump shoveled into everyone's pockets? Of course you do. Trump had no choice, of course, because if he hadn't the economy would have imploded.

Bawling about pandemic inflation is as stupid as bawling about getting hit by a hurricane. Yeah, it happened under Biden's watch so you get to play politics, but in reality it was something that he had little control over and had to fix. He fixed it.
packgrad
Civilized said:

Yep.

lol at civ spreading misinformation with Project 2025. The hypocrisy never ends with this guy.
caryking
Civilized said:

Wufpack17 said:

Someone is talking themselves into a mental pretzel.

Praising a bad economy because it's not as bad as others, is a losing proposition. But you are a lib, so it makes sense. You don't like success, you like shared misery.

In what ways is it bad?
I don't go to the store, often. My wife likes to plan our meals. I'm thankful. That said, she is at our beach house and I ran out of coffee creamer. My favorite is International Delights French Vanilla. About 4 years ago, the same situation occurred:

Inflation is moderated! The stupid people that are so-called macro-economic, economist say inflation is under control. That, my friend, is a real example of things that affect people. Fortunately, I can mange it; however, most people cannot!!!
Oldsouljer
Civilized said:

If Trump gets some sort of COVID pass for his ****ty economy he left us with, why are we talking about Biden's inflation?
Because it wasn't Trump who passed the Orwellian "Inflation Reduction Act", it wasn't Trump who has dumped billions into foreign wars against the needs of the folks back home, and because it wasn't Trump who is dumping aliens all over this nation at huge cost to taxpayers. As for COVID, if it entered this nation via the passage of aliens as it likely did, it wasn't Trump who dropped one legal injunction after another on Trump to stop him from securing the borders and denying inappropriate foreigners from American ports of entry.
hokiewolf
SmaptyWolf said:

CoachCase said:

SmaptyWolf said:

CoachCase said:

Civilized said:

Wufpack17 said:

Which economic metrics didn't continue their trends from 2008? If you look at those graphs it's very hard to spot where Trump began. So yeah, I guess he was technically there while the economy was doing well. Until the pandemic, of course, which he helped make as bad as possible.

He certainly gave more tax cuts to businesses and jacked our deficit into the stratosphere, so I guess if you're into stock buybacks those were good times.
Your dollar went further. Inflation was in check. Unemployment rates were manageable. Small business was much better. I do not know your financial situation. I do not know if if you buy groceries, pay mortgage, clothes, gas, etc but from a personal experience I was much better. Also, serious statement as well: I am 59 years old and have dealings with small to mid-major business people. They will tell you hands down that the economic climate in America is historically better under Republican administrations than Democratic runs. years

The funny about inflation, it's what's called a "lagging indicator". What you do now creates or fixes inflation a year or more later. So the inflation (that portion not caused by global factors) that smacked Biden in his first year was actually signed into law by Trump... remember all of those government handouts that Trump shoveled into everyone's pockets? Of course you do. Trump had no choice, of course, because if he hadn't the economy would have imploded.

Bawling about pandemic inflation is as stupid as bawling about getting hit by a hurricane. Yeah, it happened under Biden's watch so you get to play politics, but in reality it was something that he had little control over and had to fix. He fixed it.
I think spiking the inflation football by signing the oxymoronic Inflation Reduction Act probably also had a large impact. You act like Biden is totally innocent from inflation. He is not.
hokiewolf
You lost your argument at " My favorite is International Delights French Vanilla"!

Turrible!

SmaptyWolf
hokiewolf said:

SmaptyWolf said:

CoachCase said:

SmaptyWolf said:

CoachCase said:

Civilized said:

Wufpack17 said:

The funny about inflation, it's what's called a "lagging indicator". What you do now creates or fixes inflation a year or more later. So the inflation (that portion not caused by global factors) that smacked Biden in his first year was actually signed into law by Trump... remember all of those government handouts that Trump shoveled into everyone's pockets? Of course you do. Trump had no choice, of course, because if he hadn't the economy would have imploded.

I think spiking the inflation football by signing the oxymoronic Inflation Reduction Act probably also had a large impact. You act like Biden is totally innocent from inflation. He is not.
Inflation peaked in June 2022, and declined steadily after that. The Inflation Reduction Act was signed into law in August 2022. And the entire bill was deemed to be non-inflationary. Turns out they were right.

Nice try, though.
hokiewolf
Interesting, government spending has no influence on inflation. That's a new one.
SmaptyWolf
CoachCase said:

SmaptyWolf said:

CoachCase said:

Civilized said:

Wufpack17 said:

By the way, I've worked on and around Wall St for years now, and I can tell you for sure that many people let partisanship cloud their view of business reality. I do think there's a general perception that Republican administrations will let the fox loose in the henhouse and everyone will profit from the grift (a.k.a. "deregulation"). The reality is that only pans out for a small slice of the business community. And "trickle down" economics tends to hurt the actual customers that small businesses rely on.

The financial world is particularly a head scratcher. Fair to say that the majority of investment bankers vote Republican. Yet for the last hundred years the difference in returns between the parties is pretty stark. The average annual return for the S&P 500 index when we had a Republican President was 9.32%. When we had a Democratic President, the S&P 500 averages 14.78% per year! Talk about voting against your own financial best interest.

And then you get dipsh*ts like Cathy Wood waxing poetic about Trump's economy, while her annualized returns are absolute crap. Why anyone listens to people like her is one of the great mysteries of our age.
SmaptyWolf
hokiewolf said:

Interesting, government spending has no influence on inflation. That's a new one.

You're free to look at the inflation chart. We do track these things.

There is lots of government spending that isn't inflationary. There's even government spending that reduces inflation. It's a complicated topic.
SmaptyWolf
hokiewolf
SmaptyWolf said:

hokiewolf said:

There is lots of government spending that isn't inflationary. There's even government spending that reduces inflation. It's a complicated topic.
no doubt complicated, but you saying trillions of dollars in spending has no affect on inflation just doesn't ring like a true statement to me.
ncsupack1
We are still doing better than any other country. During Covid.
SmaptyWolf
hokiewolf said:

SmaptyWolf said:

hokiewolf said:

no doubt complicated, but you saying trillions of dollars in spending has no affect on inflation just doesn't ring like a true statement to me.
Do you think our defense spending (which is a LOT) causes inflation? Hint: it doesn't. So why would building bridges that actually increase economic activity?
hokiewolf
SmaptyWolf said:

hokiewolf said:

SmaptyWolf said:

hokiewolf said:

Do you think our defense spending (which is a LOT) causes inflation? Hint: it doesn't. So why would building bridges that actually increase economic activity?
because defense spending doesn't compete with States or the private sector for the same pool of contractors that doesn't have infinite resources. Comparing defense to infrastructure is like apples and oranges.
hokiewolf
But hey, you can mastermind 9/11 and still get a plea deal.

Cthepack
With your comment about interest rates and types of mortgages, there is absolutely no way you have any meaningful financial job on or near Wall Street.
ncsupack1
Cthepack said:

With your comment about interest rates and types of mortgages, there is absolutely no way you have any meaningful financial job on or near Wall Street.

Does Orange County Community College work? While living at home? The diploma is displayed proudly.
SmaptyWolf
Cthepack said:

Lol, ok!
SmaptyWolf
hokiewolf said:

SmaptyWolf said:

hokiewolf said:

SmaptyWolf said:

hokiewolf said:

because defense spending doesn't compete with States or the private sector for the same pool of contractors that doesn't have infinite resources. Comparing defense to infrastructure is like apples and oranges.

I don't know what to tell you. Feel free to look at the current inflation charts and see if you can spot where Biden's infrastructure bill went into effect.
Cthepack
SmaptyWolf said:

Cthepack said:

Lol, ok!
If it is funny why not tell us what your job is?
SmaptyWolf
Cthepack said:

SmaptyWolf said:

Cthepack said:

Lol, ok!
As Cary would love to tell you, I used to work at Lehman Brothers, in fixed income (mortgage-backed securities, actually). I've had a long career since then, but given the raging lunatics on this board that's about as much detail as you're gonna get.

So what about you? Just kidding, I'm really not interested. Maybe you could tell us more about why your particular ARM loan that shot up to 8.1% was a good idea?
GuerrillaPack
"Ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." - John 15:19
GuerrillaPack
The communist Democrat party of Drag Queens and Transgender Freaks is NOT WEIRD

NOT WEIRD!!!

"Ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." - John 15:19
PackProwl63
Trump will lose not about policy's but his attitude. If he really cared about America he would change his attitude. Harris wins going away and the Republic is over. Rome fell at 250 years. 2026 under Harris (USA 250 years) do we do it at the same time not sure but we will once this socialist Marxist wins.
Civilized
hokiewolf said:

SmaptyWolf said:

CoachCase said:

SmaptyWolf said:

CoachCase said:

Civilized said:

Wufpack17 said:

Of course he's not totally innocent. That's intellectually dishonest to claim otherwise.

Just like it's intellectually dishonest to claim that any President is in a very, very tough spot trying to steer the economic ship out of COVID.

Just like it's intellectually dishonest to claim our economy isn't performing quite well, all things considered.

Just like it's intellectually dishonest to claim how every other first world nation is doing is not useful context.

I have zero issues with fair analysis of the Biden economy or the Trump economy or any President's economy.

Around here though the depth of analysis is "But muh Corn Flakes cost bout twuce whut they used tuh, mmmmmayyyy..."

And that analysis doesn't survive any level of critical thought.
packgrad
Cthepack
SmaptyWolf said:

Cthepack said:

SmaptyWolf said:

Cthepack said:

Lol, ok!
As Cary would love to tell you, I used to work at Lehman Brothers, in fixed income (mortgage-backed securities, actually). I've had a long career since then, but given the raging lunatics on this board that's about as much detail as you're gonna get.

So what about you? Just kidding, I'm really not interested. Maybe you could tell us more about why your particular ARM loan that shot up to 8.1% was a good idea?

I have kept the property two years longer than planed due to the rent I was able to charge. And deciding to exchange this particular property or not to avoid depreciation reclaim. I retired in my 40s due to participating in a couple PE acquisitions and sales. I now own a couple businesses one being rental properties. Another is a consulting company.
packgrad
Yep

GuerrillaPack
https://instagr.am/p/C-F5Scwv9qn

Using tax dollars to pay for transgender surgeries for inmates.

That's not WEIRD or anything!!!!
CoachCase
SmaptyWolf said:

CoachCase said:

SmaptyWolf said:

CoachCase said:

Civilized said:

Wufpack17 said:

By the way, I've worked on and around Wall St for years now, and I can tell you for sure that many people let partisanship cloud their view of business reality. I do think there's a general perception that Republican administrations will let the fox loose in the henhouse and everyone will profit from the grift (a.k.a. "deregulation"). The reality is that only pans out for a small slice of the business community. And "trickle down" economics tends to hurt the actual customers that small businesses rely on.

The financial world is particularly a head scratcher. Fair to say that the majority of investment bankers vote Republican. Yet for the last hundred years the difference in returns between the parties is pretty stark. The average annual return for the S&P 500 index when we had a Republican President was 9.32%. When we had a Democratic President, the S&P 500 averages 14.78% per year! Talk about voting against your own financial best interest.

And then you get dipsh*ts like Cathy Wood waxing poetic about Trump's economy, while her annualized returns are absolute crap. Why anyone listens to people like her is one of the great mysteries of our age.

Fair enough. I can only relate to my personal experiences.
El Lobo Loco
I really want someone to explain to me how the growth of the S&P 500 directly impacts the day-to-day life of the folks who are working 40 hours a week at their first job and half as many at a second job, trying to put food on the table.

Most of them are sitting there thinking that they didn't need to have that second job four years ago.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.