Harris 2024

131,863 Views | 2228 Replies | Last: 6 min ago by GuerrillaPack
ncsupack1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
packgrad said:

Somebody needs to go to the grocery store if they think inflation is gone. Again, the gaslighting and stupidity of the left is staggering.

Come on. Things have never been better, so they say.
Gulfstream4
Cthepack said:

SmaptyWolf said:

ncsupack1 said:

Civilized said:

Wufpack17 said:

Someone is talking themselves into a mental pretzel.

Praising a bad economy because it's not as bad as others, is a losing proposition. But you are a lib, so it makes sense. You don't like success, you like shared misery.

In what ways is it bad?

How is the outlook right now for first time home buyers?

After the pandemic inflation had to be dealt with, and the only tool in the box for bringing down inflation (which is gone now, btw) is interest rates that make life harder for first time home buyers. You guys are just looking for something to whine about. Otherwise you'd be carving Trump's face on Mt. Rushmore over this economic turnaround.
I am not a first time home buyer. I have a few rental properties. A couple with adjustable rates. One just went to 8.1%. This is real not just something I am looking to whine about.

"It's worse in other countries", so be grateful.

-Civ
Civilized
SmaptyWolf said:

Cthepack said:

SmaptyWolf said:

ncsupack1 said:

Civilized said:

Wufpack17 said:

Praising a bad economy because it's not as bad as others, is a losing proposition. But you are a lib, so it makes sense. You don't like success, you like shared misery.

In what ways is it bad?

After the pandemic inflation had to be dealt with, and the only tool in the box for bringing down inflation (which is gone now, btw) is interest rates that make life harder for first time home buyers. You guys are just looking for something to whine about. Otherwise you'd be carving Trump's face on Mt. Rushmore over this economic turnaround.
I am not a first time home buyer. I have a few rental properties. A couple with adjustable rates. One just went to 8.1%. This is real not just something I am looking to whine about.

The street is widely expecting that a rate cut will be announced this month, effective for September. That should begin a downtrend for rates.

P.S. Do yourself a favor a punch yourself in the nuts the next time you consider an ARM loan.

I do 5-year ARMs all the time unless fixed rates are historically low or you're sure you're in your forever home. Most of the time you're not going to stay in a mortgage product longer than six or seven years anyway.

Now, 2-year ARMs? Sure, avoid those.
Civilized
Gulfstream4 said:

Cthepack said:

SmaptyWolf said:

ncsupack1 said:

Civilized said:

Wufpack17 said:

In what ways is it bad?

"It's worse in other countries", so be grateful.

-Civ

Exactly!
Cthepack
SmaptyWolf said:

Cthepack said:

SmaptyWolf said:

ncsupack1 said:

Civilized said:

Wufpack17 said:

In what ways is it bad?

The street is widely expecting that a rate cut will be announced this month, effective for September. That should begin a downtrend for rates.

P.S. Do yourself a favor a punch yourself in the nuts the next time you consider an ARM loan.
Last year the anticipation number of cuts was 4 in 2024. But keep preaching how the economy is so great.

P.S. - I was not complaining about my business decision. I was offering a real world example of how the economy is bad. Also to add I doubt I need your financial advice.
CoachCase
Civilized said:

Wufpack17 said:

I only vote based on one thing...my personal economics, because that is what makes the world go round. That is what puts food on the table, that is what finances my home, that is what puts clothes on my kids back. Abortion is insanely unimportant, it's a distraction. Transgenderism is a farce, another distraction. Social issues buy and large only exist to anger the populous and divide.

With that said, after seeing some of KamalamaDingDongs voting history and own words coming from her mouth, her economic policy is going to be a disaster for many, myself included and I will not vote for that simply because some woke yuppy thinks Trump is a rapist.

A disaster like the last four years have been "a disaster"?

Every other country in the world would trade our economy for theirs.

Most likely true, but it was much better under Trump's four years. That is where Democrats have no reasonable answer!
SmaptyWolf
Cthepack said:

SmaptyWolf said:

Cthepack said:

SmaptyWolf said:

ncsupack1 said:

Civilized said:

Wufpack17 said:

In what ways is it bad?

Last year the anticipation number of cuts was 4 in 2024. But keep preaching how the economy is so great.

P.S. - I was not complaining about my business decision. I was offering a real world example of how the economy is bad. Also to add I doubt I need your financial advice.

If you're not making money in this economy then you might, actually.
Cthepack
SmaptyWolf said:

Cthepack said:

SmaptyWolf said:

Cthepack said:

SmaptyWolf said:

ncsupack1 said:

Civilized said:

Wufpack17 said:

In what ways is it bad?

Odd you are making an assumption about someones financial situation. Your comment about adjustable rates tells me all I need to know about wanting your advise. I am doing fine.
SmaptyWolf
CoachCase said:

Civilized said:

Wufpack17 said:

I only vote based on one thing...my personal economics, because that is what makes the world go round. That is what puts food on the table, that is what finances my home, that is what puts clothes on my kids back. Abortion is insanely unimportant, it's a distraction. Transgenderism is a farce, another distraction. Social issues buy and large only exist to anger the populous and divide.

With that said, after seeing some of KamalamaDingDongs voting history and own words coming from her mouth, her economic policy is going to be a disaster for many, myself included and I will not vote for that simply because some woke yuppy thinks Trump is a rapist.

Most likely true, but it was much better under Trump's four years. That is where Democrats have no reasonable answer!
What was much better? Do you actually have any idea?

Which economic metrics didn't continue their trends from 2008? If you look at those graphs it's very hard to spot where Trump began. So yeah, I guess he was technically there while the economy was doing well. Until the pandemic, of course, which he helped make as bad as possible.

He certainly gave more tax cuts to businesses and jacked our deficit into the stratosphere, so I guess if you're into stock buybacks those were good times.
Oldsouljer
CoachCase said:

Civilized said:

Wufpack17 said:

So much better. Job recruiters were going into state prisons looking for soon-to-be-released inmates to fill positions. Outside of Trump, I don't think that's ever happened.
SmaptyWolf
Cthepack said:

SmaptyWolf said:

Cthepack said:

SmaptyWolf said:

Cthepack said:

SmaptyWolf said:

ncsupack1 said:

Civilized said:

Wufpack17 said:

In what ways is it bad?

Odd you are making an assumption about someones financial situation. Your comment about adjustable rates tells me all I need to know about wanting your advise. I am doing fine.
Oh, so you are doing fine. Ok, whew... a little while ago I thought you might be one of these wounded ducks, hobbling though Biden's economic Armageddon.
Cthepack
SmaptyWolf said:

Cthepack said:

SmaptyWolf said:

Cthepack said:

SmaptyWolf said:

Cthepack said:

SmaptyWolf said:

ncsupack1 said:

Civilized said:

Wufpack17 said:

In what ways is it bad?

Oh, so you are doing fine. Ok, whew... a little while ago I thought you might be one of these wounded ducks, hobbling though Biden's economic Armageddon.
As I said I was offering a real example of how the economy is bad.
SmaptyWolf
packgrad said:

Somebody needs to go to the grocery store if they think inflation is gone. Again, the gaslighting and stupidity of the left is staggering.

No, you just don't know what inflation means. Some prices may come down based on consumer sentiment, but generally speaking prices never come back down after an inflationary period, wages just grow to meet them.

Hamburgers used to cost a nickel. A new home would cost you 10 grand. They never will again.

The important thing is to stop the rapid inflation, which we did.
Wufpack17
ncsupack1 said:

Civilized said:

Wufpack17 said:

In what ways is it bad?

Anyone with kids knows the truth as well. Maybe DINKs are thriving, but those of us with full time jobs and kids, aren't.
SmaptyWolf
Cthepack said:

SmaptyWolf said:

Cthepack said:

SmaptyWolf said:

Cthepack said:

SmaptyWolf said:

Cthepack said:

SmaptyWolf said:

ncsupack1 said:

Civilized said:

Wufpack17 said:

In what ways is it bad?

Yes, you guys found the one metric out of many that isn't good, and are using that as an excuse to be mad about an otherwise great economy (a shockingly adept turnaround from where we were, btw). I'm sure you held Trump to the same standard, and scoured the data for any metric that wasn't looking great.
SmaptyWolf
Wufpack17 said:

ncsupack1 said:

Civilized said:

Wufpack17 said:

In what ways is it bad?

Anyone with kids knows the truth as well. Maybe DINKs are thriving, but those of us with full time jobs and kids, aren't.

So what changed for you the second Trump left office? Or were you struggling then, too?
Cthepack
SmaptyWolf said:

Cthepack said:

SmaptyWolf said:

Cthepack said:

SmaptyWolf said:

Cthepack said:

SmaptyWolf said:

Cthepack said:

SmaptyWolf said:

ncsupack1 said:

Civilized said:

Wufpack17 said:

In what ways is it bad?

Yes, you guys found the one metric out of many that isn't perfect, and are using that as an excuse to be mad about an otherwise great economy (a shockingly adept turnaround from where we were, btw). I'm sure you held Trump to the same standard, and scoured the data for any metric that wasn't looking great.
Dude just stop. I never once said I was mad. I never once said anything about Trump or Biden.
ncsupack1
Wufpack17 said:

ncsupack1 said:

Civilized said:

Wufpack17 said:

In what ways is it bad?

Things are high for sure
ncsupack1
Cthepack said:

SmaptyWolf said:

Cthepack said:

SmaptyWolf said:

Cthepack said:

SmaptyWolf said:

Cthepack said:

SmaptyWolf said:

Cthepack said:

SmaptyWolf said:

ncsupack1 said:

Civilized said:

Wufpack17 said:

In what ways is it bad?

Yes, you guys found the one metric out of many that isn't perfect, and are using that as an excuse to be mad about an otherwise great economy (a shockingly adept turnaround from where we were, btw). I'm sure you held Trump to the same standard, and scoured the data for any metric that wasn't looking great.
Dude just stop. I never once said I was mad. I never once said anything about Trump or Biden.
You have to understand, that poster just post talking points. More than likely has never had a thought of their own.
SmaptyWolf
ncsupack1 said:

Cthepack said:

SmaptyWolf said:

Cthepack said:

SmaptyWolf said:

Cthepack said:

SmaptyWolf said:

Cthepack said:

SmaptyWolf said:

Cthepack said:

SmaptyWolf said:

ncsupack1 said:

Civilized said:

Wufpack17 said:

In what ways is it bad?

You have to understand, that poster just post talking points. More than likely has never had a thought of their own.

Lol, that hurts coming from ncsupack1, one of the Water Cooler's great thinkers.
ncsupack1
You and a few others left or right are all programed the same way.
Civilized
CoachCase said:

Civilized said:

Wufpack17 said:

The economy was great Trump's last year?

How was it when he left office?
ncsupack1
Civilized said:

CoachCase said:

Civilized said:

Wufpack17 said:

COVID. USA was doing better than most countries, just look around the world during that time.
ncsupack1
Also, you ever get ahold of the Harris report on the border?
Civilized
ncsupack1 said:

Civilized said:

CoachCase said:

Civilized said:

Wufpack17 said:

COVID. USA was doing better than most countries, just look around the world during that time.

That's a joke right?
ncsupack1
Civilized said:

ncsupack1 said:

Civilized said:

CoachCase said:

Civilized said:

Wufpack17 said:

That's a joke right?
Compared to the rest of the world? We were doing great!
SmaptyWolf
ncsupack1 said:

Civilized said:

ncsupack1 said:

Civilized said:

CoachCase said:

Civilized said:

Wufpack17 said:

That's a joke right?
Compared to the rest of the world? We were doing great!

Uh oh, here comes some talking points. I'm on the edge of my seat!
packgrad
Ahh yes. Covid... back when Dems controlled media, social media, and internet search engines to usurp a presidency.

Right after they usurped the president they immediately started back pedaling. Maybe we over counted covid deaths.

There needs to be public hangings for covid.
ncsupack1
This is fact, compared to the rest of the world, we were doing so much better. You need to be thanking Trump.
ncsupack1
packgrad said:

Ahh yes. Covid... back when Dems controlled media, social media, and internet search engines to usurp a presidency.

Right after they usurped the president they immediately started back pedaling. Maybe we over counted covid deaths.

There needs to be public hangings for covid.
Don't forget " amnesty ". That is one of my personal favs. As a parent, that time still makes my blood boil.
CoachCase
SmaptyWolf said:

CoachCase said:

Civilized said:

Wufpack17 said:

What was much better? Do you actually have any idea?

Which economic metrics didn't continue their trends from 2008? If you look at those graphs it's very hard to spot where Trump began. So yeah, I guess he was technically there while the economy was doing well. Until the pandemic, of course, which he helped make as bad as possible.

He certainly gave more tax cuts to businesses and jacked our deficit into the stratosphere, so I guess if you're into stock buybacks those were good times.
Your dollar went further. Inflation was in check. Unemployment rates were manageable. Small business was much better. I do not know your financial situation. I do not know if if you buy groceries, pay mortgage, clothes, gas, etc but from a personal experience I was much better. Also, serious statement as well: I am 59 years old and have dealings with small to mid-major business people. They will tell you hands down that the economic climate in America is historically better under Republican administrations than Democratic runs. years
SmaptyWolf
ncsupack1 said:

This is fact, compared to the rest of the world, we were doing so much better. You need to be thanking Trump.

Thank Trump for what? For the highest Covid death rate in the First World (in deaths per 1 million people)? For turning the pandemic into a culture war issue for his own political gain that has completely melted your brains and set us up for terrible public health responses for decades to come? Or the actual economic Armageddon that he handed off to Biden to deal with?

So many things to thank him for!
Civilized
If Trump gets some sort of COVID pass for his ****ty economy he left us with, why are we talking about Biden's inflation?
ncsupack1
SmaptyWolf said:

ncsupack1 said:

Thank Trump for what? For the highest Covid death rate in the First World (in deaths per 1 million people)? For turning the pandemic into a culture war issue for his own political gain that has completely melted your brains and set us up for terrible public health responses for decades to come? Or the actual economic Armageddon that he handed off to Biden to deal with?

So many things to thank him for!
Funny, that you said, " culture war ". BTW, those numbers mean jack, heck some have admitted that they were inflated. You still wear diesel gloves when shopping at Whole Foods?
Civilized

Yep.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.