Harris 2024

145,129 Views | 2351 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by Oldsouljer
Civilized
How long do you want to ignore this user?
caryking said:

Civilized said:

Oldsouljer said:

Civilized said:

TheStorm said:

This pretty much sums up the entire kit and caboodle...

(so good I had to post it twice)

How has Trump said he will put America first?

Harassing legal immigrants in Ohio?

Tariffing the **** out of imports which drives up consumer prices?

How exactly is he planning to end the Ukraine war?

We can't criticize Kamala for a lack of specifics and be OK with Trump being just as nebulous.
He did a pretty good job the first time around. And nothing nebulous about his first term, he has a track record that appeals to voters four years later. She, on the other hand, has never been President and has no record…that's why it's more important for her to be very specific.

I thought she screwed up immigration?

So she has a record when it's bad for her but has no record when it's not? Doesn't seem rationally consistent.

I agree with Smapty here. She's playing an asymmetrical game where nobody cares what Trump says because we all expect him to make no sense, but things she says get micro-analyzed.

Also, if we're being similarly critical of both candidates, Trump should have to answer for how very bad he was at implementing his agenda last time around.

Even people that liked Trump can't really point to anything he did other than he wasn't a Dem and the economy was pretty good until COVID and he appointed three conservative justices.

And it's great that those people liked Trump but he's got to lead for four more years and the country isn't the same as when he left.

How is he fixing the border?

What is he doing about Israel and Ukraine (and Iran and China and Russia?)

Is he going to repeal or amend Obamacare?

When in Rome, do as the Romans do. If I'm Harris, I'm not getting any more specific than her opponent does. And if he wants to spend all his time talking about eating cats then I'm not going to stand up there across from him and try to be Winston Churchill.

"The children of the community are the children of the community"

I'm too dumb to understand what that means Cary.

Help a brother out.
caryking
Civilized said:

caryking said:

Civilized said:

Oldsouljer said:

Civilized said:

TheStorm said:

We can't criticize Kamala for a lack of specifics and be OK with Trump being just as nebulous.
He did a pretty good job the first time around. And nothing nebulous about his first term, he has a track record that appeals to voters four years later. She, on the other hand, has never been President and has no record…that's why it's more important for her to be very specific.

I thought she screwed up immigration?

So she has a record when it's bad for her but has no record when it's not? Doesn't seem rationally consistent.

I agree with Smapty here. She's playing an asymmetrical game where nobody cares what Trump says because we all expect him to make no sense, but things she says get micro-analyzed.

Also, if we're being similarly critical of both candidates, Trump should have to answer for how very bad he was at implementing his agenda last time around.

Even people that liked Trump can't really point to anything he did other than he wasn't a Dem and the economy was pretty good until COVID and he appointed three conservative justices.

And it's great that those people liked Trump but he's got to lead for four more years and the country isn't the same as when he left.

How is he fixing the border?

What is he doing about Israel and Ukraine (and Iran and China and Russia?)

Is he going to repeal or amend Obamacare?

When in Rome, do as the Romans do. If I'm Harris, I'm not getting any more specific than her opponent does. And if he wants to spend all his time talking about eating cats then I'm not going to stand up there across from him and try to be Winston Churchill.

"The children of the community are the children of the community"

I'm too dumb to understand what that means Cary.

Help a brother out.
Just Google it…. Trust me, I'm too dumb to understand what it means, as well…
Gulfstream4
SmaptyWolf said:

Civilized said:

TheStorm said:

It's worse than that... Trump is allowed to be nebulous, but when he is specific it's baked into the media's cake that he's a declining loon that shouldn't be taken seriously.

Case in point: Kamala suggests in some way going after companies that price gouge... she get's wall to wall coverage from every media outlet for days howling about "OMG PRICE CONTROLS!!!", never mind that antitrust laws are a pretty normal capitalist thing.

Meanwhile Trump just suggested that he would cap credit card interest rates at 10%, literally OMG PRICE CONTROLS!!! The media coverage? Crickets. Same goes for questions about how he'd pay for his 794 new tax cuts, how on earth 20% tariffs wouldn't decimate our economy, etc etc etc.

I don't blame Kamala for being nebulous... she understands that she's in lopsided game and any specifics are just grist for the right wing disinformation mill that quickly seeps into lazy mainstream coverage.

Lol- what a load of BS. No one thinks Mrs. Harris is "in a lopsided game". She is treated much better than Mr. Trump by the MSM.

Me thinks you know this and you know the more she talks the more incompetent she sounds.
packgrad
lol at the libs on this board saying Harris is being held to a different/more difficult standard while also saying they don't care if she mentions specifics. Such pitiful clowns.

Civ, we know you don't care. You're mentally ill. You care more about making sure grown men can shower with little girls than you care about your candidate being capable of handling a media interview. You're a sheep. And a liar.
Civilized
Gulfstream4 said:

SmaptyWolf said:

Civilized said:

TheStorm said:

It's worse than that... Trump is allowed to be nebulous, but when he is specific it's baked into the media's cake that he's a declining loon that shouldn't be taken seriously.

Case in point: Kamala suggests in some way going after companies that price gouge... she get's wall to wall coverage from every media outlet for days howling about "OMG PRICE CONTROLS!!!", never mind that antitrust laws are a pretty normal capitalist thing.

Meanwhile Trump just suggested that he would cap credit card interest rates at 10%, literally OMG PRICE CONTROLS!!! The media coverage? Crickets. Same goes for questions about how he'd pay for his 794 new tax cuts, how on earth 20% tariffs wouldn't decimate our economy, etc etc etc.

I don't blame Kamala for being nebulous... she understands that she's in lopsided game and any specifics are just grist for the right wing disinformation mill that quickly seeps into lazy mainstream coverage.

Lol- what a load of BS. No one thinks Mrs. Harris is "in a lopsided game". She is treated much better than Mr. Trump by the MSM.

Me thinks you know this and you know the more she talks the more incompetent she sounds.

Y'all talk about how badly Trump is treated but never about how much of his inanity just gets ignored or disregarded by the media because they simply can't keep up with his firehose of bull*****

He floods the field with sewage and there is no way all of it can get cleaned up. A sizable fraction of his incoherent or fictional ramblings are dismissed as Trump being Trump.

Regarding how incompetent she sounds, compared to who? Winston Churchill? Or Trump?

Did you see the debate, the one where she was going to get embarrassed according to y'all but she actually ran circles around Trump because she has reasonable command of the English language and he forms sentences like a second grader?
packgrad
Shocking that the mentally ill thinks Trump speaks like a second grader. I certainly didn't expect a rational observation from someone that believes in dozens of genders. I do love how these people always try to question others' intelligence while holding such a foolish opinion. Zero self awareness.
Oldsouljer
Civilized said:

Gulfstream4 said:

SmaptyWolf said:

Civilized said:

TheStorm said:

Y'all talk about how badly Trump is treated but never about how much of his inanity just gets ignored or disregarded by the media because they simply can't keep up with his firehose of bull*****

He floods the field with sewage and there is no way all of it can get cleaned up. A sizable fraction of his incoherent or fictional ramblings are dismissed as Trump being Trump.

Regarding how incompetent she sounds, compared to who? Winston Churchill? Or Trump?

Did you see the debate, the one where she was going to get embarrassed according to y'all but she actually ran circles around Trump because she has reasonable command of the English language and he forms sentences like a second grader?
She is indeed a mistress of tautological sentence crafting.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.