ELECTION 2020

150,711 Views | 1779 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by BBW12OG
packgrad
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ciscopack said:

packgrad said:

Looks like Biden took a lead again in another state, GA, at 4am. Funny how that works.
Not really....the votes cast Tuesday are counted; everyone is opening the mail.

Hmmm. Interesting perspective. So GA is the anomaly in Election Day voting?
packgrad
Spot. On.

SexualChocolate
After all the lawsuits and fraud is investigated, I hope Trump concedes. Gore eventually conceded then took it back then conceded again, lol. A peaceful transfer of power is essential for this country to move forward.
ciscopack
packgrad said:

ciscopack said:

packgrad said:

Looks like Biden took a lead again in another state, GA, at 4am. Funny how that works.
Not really....the votes cast Tuesday are counted; everyone is opening the mail.

Hmmm. Interesting perspective. So GA is the anomaly in Election Day voting?
Most of those people VOTED BEFORE TUESDAY! other states are doing the same....I assume NC is counting but waiting until the 11th to announce the count.
packgrad
SexualChocolate said:

After all the lawsuits and fraud is investigated, I hope Trump concedes. Gore eventually conceded then took it back then conceded again, lol. A peaceful transfer of power is essential for this country to move forward.

I hope so as well. Also if Trump wins, I hope the left discontinues their 4 years of trying to usurp the presidency with fraudulent claims, conspiracy theories, and a complicit media. The left needs to allow this country to move forward. #RESIST
Civilized
packgrad said:

Civilized said:

packgrad said:

Civilized said:

packgrad said:

SexualChocolate said:

It was because GA said they would work through the night and they had Pubes there to verify.

Pubes... classy.

Another 4am data dump. Sure it's on the up and up.

Serious question.

Electoral commissions and Boards of Election overseeing elections in our states are almost universally bipartisan.

Are you and other pubs thinking that Republican members of these commissions and BoE's are complicit in the alleged electoral fraud?

No.

So what's being asserted by Trump and others?

That's it's only Dems on these commissions perpetrating the fraud and the pubs are unaware of it or impotent to stop it?

Or that these are just corrupt cities and the dems and pubs are both corrupt and complicit?

Don't know. Seen plenty of evidence of fraud that should be investigated though.

Gotta investigate it either way.

Either root it out if it's real or debunk the unfounded accusations if it's not so people trust the process as much as they can in these highly partisan/contentious times.
caryking
I have it made it clear, on this board, that I voted Republican as a lesser of two evils. I am looking for a true Liberty party; however, it's not there. I think, at this point, we all need to accept the election is going to Biden. There is no way (obviously, my opinion) Dems can manufacture this many fraudulent ballots. It is what it is...

What all Republicans need to do is make sure they hold on to the Senate. I believe this country has to have divided government to protect the other half. Absent that, the extreme progressive wing, will have a field day with policies.

Also, we need to start asking the hard questions to the Dems:

• Where are the plans?
  • On COVID, how many more deaths?
  • On COVID, When is it going to end? It will probably end because the media will quit covering it.
  • On COVID, what are you going to do different than Trump?

Remember, Trump is going to no longer be the punching bag. Trumps done; but the punching bag is going to be YOU! What are YOU going to do? We need to win people over with simple messages about liberty for all.

What else?
FlossyDFlynt
Civilized said:

packgrad said:

Civilized said:

packgrad said:

Civilized said:

packgrad said:

SexualChocolate said:

It was because GA said they would work through the night and they had Pubes there to verify.

Pubes... classy.

Another 4am data dump. Sure it's on the up and up.

Serious question.

Electoral commissions and Boards of Election overseeing elections in our states are almost universally bipartisan.

Are you and other pubs thinking that Republican members of these commissions and BoE's are complicit in the alleged electoral fraud?

No.

So what's being asserted by Trump and others?

That's it's only Dems on these commissions perpetrating the fraud and the pubs are unaware of it or impotent to stop it?

Or that these are just corrupt cities and the dems and pubs are both corrupt and complicit?

Don't know. Seen plenty of evidence of fraud that should be investigated though.

Gotta investigate it either way.

Either root it out if it's real or debunk the unfounded accusations if it's not so people trust the process as much as they can in these highly partisan/contentious times.
This is where Im at and have been since Wednesday. Its obviously extremely close and I expected lawsuits from whoever the loser was going to be. Let the courts do their thing, then (hopefully) the loser concedes and we can move forward.

I got to the point this morning of trying to catch up, and with all the poisonous drivel from both sides, I had to take social media (Twitter/Instagram) off my phone. Gonna take a break from both, maybe permanently.
Pacfanweb
caryking said:

I have it made it clear, on this board, that I voted Republican as a lesser of two evils. I am looking for a true Liberty party; however, it's not there. I think, at this point, we all need to accept the election is going to Biden. There is no way (obviously, my opinion) Dems can manufacture this many fraudulent ballots. It is what it is...

What all Republicans need to do is make sure they hold on to the Senate. I believe this country has to have divided government to protect the other half. Absent that, the extreme progressive wing, will have a field day with policies.

• Where are the plans?
  • On COVID, When is it going to end? It will probably end because the media will quit covering it.

Remember, Trump is going to no longer be the punching bag. Trumps done; but the punching bag is going to be YOU! What are YOU going to do? We need to win people over with simple messages about liberty for all.

What else?
Trump's done, other than some inevitable Twitter outbursts for awhile, but nobody on the left is going to be a "punching bag".
The media will give Joe and Kamala a complete pass. They can do anything they want now, and the media will not say a word...just like they did with Obama.
There will be loads of gaffes and missteps and things to criticize....but they won't be.

I saw this stated somewhere else and I kind of agree with it: I'm glad Trump lost but sad Biden won.

Sorry state of affairs to have it come down to these two.
jadawson
This election does not appear to have been a rebuke of the republican party. They still have a good chance of maintaining control of the Senate or atleast being evenly split, and they picked up seats in the House.

This is just a rebuke against Donald Trump and his divisive rhetoric and lack of a moral compass. There is nothing inspiring about Joe Biden as a candidate even for Democrats. He is not the reason there is a record number of ballots this election and nobody was excited to vote for him. He (will likely) win because he's not Donald Trump and people are tired of Trump and willing to come out in droves to vote for anyone that is not him. Much like in 2016 I think part of Trump's advantage was that he was not Hillary Clinton with all of her baggage, the same is true of him this time around.

The republican party just needs to do some self-analysis as to the direction they want to go. If they move back towards the center and get rid of the QAnon/conspiracy fringe that is seeping into control then i think they will find a lot more independents willing to go their way. Whether that happens or not is up in the air, they seem pretty satisfied with where they are right now outside of the results they are disputing.
ciscopack
caryking said:

• Where are the plans?

What else?
He told the world....#1...

https://joebiden.com/covid19/

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/11/03/biden-plans-for-covid-transition-task-force-433955

https://www.cnet.com/personal-finance/presidential-election-if-joe-biden-wins-this-is-his-stimulus-plan-for-the-us/

jadawson
packgrad said:

Spot. On.

Abrams didn't challenge the legitimacy of the vote though? She asked for a recount in Georgia as is her right per the law for how close it was (just like Trump likely will). She claimed all along that Kemp was suppressing voters in minority areas (which Georgia has been accused of for years, well before 2018), but i don't recall her ever stating there was fraud.

And Gore isn't the one that challenged the florida election in court? It was a Bush lawsuit to put a stay on the recount that was requested by Gore.

How is this spot on?
ciscopack
jadawson said:

This election does not appear to have been a rebuke of the republican party. They still have a good chance of maintaining control of the Senate or atleast being evenly split, and they picked up seats in the House.

This is just a rebuke against Donald Trump and his divisive rhetoric and lack of a moral compass. There is nothing inspiring about Joe Biden as a candidate even for Democrats. He is not the reason there is a record number of ballots this election and nobody was excited to vote for him. He (will likely) win because he's not Donald Trump and people are tired of Trump and willing to come out in droves to vote for anyone that is not him. Much like in 2016 I think part of Trump's advantage was that he was not Hillary Clinton with all of her baggage, the same is true of him this time around.

The republican party just needs to do some self-analysis as to the direction they want to go. If they move back towards the center and get rid of the QAnon/conspiracy fringe that is seeping into control then i think they will find a lot more independents willing to go their way. Whether that happens or not is up in the air, they seem pretty satisfied with where they are right now outside of the results they are disputing.
The middle of both parties will help the nation and world; pull you back in off the ledge. It's good to have far right wing and far left wing people to listen to and bargain with ....to help make adjustments. They believe strongly in their thinking. Joe Biden will listen....at least he always has. Ask Strom Thurman (I know he's not here)....ask Lindsey Graham.....ask Bernie Sanders. I'm going to buy me a THANK YOU JESUS sign.
RunsWithWolves26
One thing I've been wondering today is this. Will this election result in a midterm and then a 2024 election much like the midterm in 2010 where the democrats got absolutely pummelled after they had full control of all 3 branches. I believe it was 2010 when that happen. 2024 is going to be interesting. You know who the Dems will have as their candidate, it will be Harris. The question is, will the Republicans figure out what they need to do and have been needing to do, in order to put a candidate out there who is actually a good candidate. Nikki Haley and Tim Scott are my first two choices. Sadly, the Republicans will probably nominate some lifer, old white dude with zero new thoughts at all.
jadawson
RunsWithWolves26 said:

One thing I've been wondering today is this. Will this election result in a midterm and then a 2024 election much like the midterm in 2010 where the democrats got absolutely pummelled after they had full control of all 3 branches. I believe it was 2010 when that happen. 2024 is going to be interesting. You know who the Dems will have as their candidate, it will be Harris. The question is, will the Republicans figure out what they need to do and have been needing to do, in order to put a candidate out there who is actually a good candidate. Nikki Haley and Tim Scott are my first two choices. Sadly, the Republicans will probably nominate some lifer, old white dude with zero new thoughts at all.

You know the usuals are going to run again. Cruz, Christie, Rubio, Ryan etc.,

smitt86
You're 100% right.

The Republican party is still very strong and had a great election. This is why I don't understand the people saying "how could a state go red for Senate and House but not vote in Trump?", it's because Trump is polarizing. Republicans have a platform that a LOT of people embrace, but I know a lot of Republicans that don't like Trump, period.

I think people need to realize that "straight ticket" voting isn't how everyone votes. I know several Republicans that voted for a whole bunch of Republicans in NC, but they refused to vote for Trump.

Regardless of how Biden does in office, he won't re-run in 2024, he'll be too old and no way he wants this headache again. Some close to Trump has said he has already committed to running again in 2024(at 78 years old), and the GOP needs to do their best to find a better option, one that can actually unite the party.

Depending on who the nominees are in 2024(assuming no Biden, Harris, Trump, or Pence), that election is going to be very interesting as it will be about platforms and not just voting against their terms in the WH.
packgrad
jadawson said:

packgrad said:

Spot. On.

Abrams didn't challenge the legitimacy of the vote though? She asked for a recount in Georgia as is her right per the law for how close it was (just like Trump likely will). She claimed all along that Kemp was suppressing voters in minority areas (which Georgia has been accused of for years, well before 2018), but i don't recall her ever stating there was fraud.

And Gore isn't the one that challenged the florida election in court? It was a Bush lawsuit to put a stay on the recount that was requested by Gore.

How is this spot on?
Stacey Abrams "Let's be clear, this is not a speech of concession," she said in brief evening remarks at her Atlanta campaign office.

""But to watch an elected official who claims to represent the people in this state baldly pin his hopes for election on the suppression of the people's democratic right to vote has been truly appalling."

HERO!!

And you are incredibly misinformed in regards to 2000.
jadawson
packgrad said:

jadawson said:

packgrad said:

Spot. On.

How is this spot on?
Stacey Abrams "Let's be clear, this is not a speech of concession," she said in brief evening remarks at her Atlanta campaign office.

""But to watch an elected official who claims to represent the people in this state baldly pin his hopes for election on the suppression of the people's democratic right to vote has been truly appalling."

HERO!!

Again, not seeing any claims of fraud from Abrams like the tweet said but go nuts.

And for 2000, both candidates filed about a half dozen lawsuits in Florida. The one that drug out and went to the Supreme Court was a request by Bush to put a stay on the state's recount.
Pacfanweb
jadawson said:

RunsWithWolves26 said:

You know the usuals are going to run again. Cruz, Christie, Rubio, Ryan etc.,

Anyone who runs on, and is serious about getting term limits passed, gets my vote. I don't care what party they are in.
This "lifer in DC" crap has got to stop.
packgrad
jadawson said:

packgrad said:

jadawson said:

packgrad said:

Spot. On.

How is this spot on?

HERO!!

Again, not seeing any claims of fraud from Abrams like the tweet said but go nuts.

And for 2000, both candidates filed about a half dozen lawsuits in Florida. The one that drug out and went to the Supreme Court was a request by Bush to put a stay on the state's recount.
Point me to where the tweet says claims of fraud from Abrams.
Pacfanweb
jadawson said:

packgrad said:

jadawson said:

packgrad said:

Spot. On.

How is this spot on?

HERO!!

You're splitting hairs. Voter suppression is a form of fraud, if you really get down to it.

Honestly, the only fraud in that election was her claim that 'voter suppression' had anything to do with the results.
GoPack2008
This is some exceptionally weak and stupid whataboutism.

Voter suppression can be problematic but legal. That was the case for Abrams. She never alleged a law was broken, to my knowledge.

Trump is claiming people voted illegally.
packgrad
GoPack2008 said:

Voter suppression can be problematic but legal. That was the case for Abrams. She never alleged a law was broken, to my knowledge.

There is plenty of evidence of people voting illegally.
jadawson
Pacfanweb said:

jadawson said:

packgrad said:

jadawson said:

packgrad said:

Spot. On.

How is this spot on?

HERO!!

You're splitting hairs. Voter suppression is a form of fraud, if you really get down to it.

Honestly, the only fraud in that election was her claim that 'voter suppression' had anything to do with the results.

I mean, I would say there was definite voter suppression in Georgia leading up to the election. They purged over 100k Viters from their registered list that were purged simply because they hadn't voted in the last few elections. These people were not informed they were no longer registered. It was kemp's office that oversaw this purging while he was actively running for office. Georgia does not allow same day registration so these people who thought they were registered, and were never informed that this had changed, may have been turned away on Election Day due to no fault of their own.

I'm not saying it would have changed the result. Probably wouldn't have as we don't know how many tried to vote. But there was definitely voter suppression. Georgia is infamous for this kind of stuff.
GoPack2008
packgrad said:

GoPack2008 said:

If that's the case, feel free to present your evidence.
PackBacker07
Gore challenging one state, and Abrams contesting one state, is different than Trump contesting multiple states with different reasoning in each. It is not the same. Pennsylvania - fraud, stop counting. Arizona - fraud, keep counting. Makes no legal sense. I also believe Gore and Adams publicly came out to challenge after the vote count, not during. That is why people are calling him insane, amongst other things. The vote count is still ongoing.

Side note, losing candidates have a right to contest results and ask for recounts, within individual state laws. That is not in question.
Y'all means ALL.
Pacfanweb
packgrad said:

GoPack2008 said:

Nowhere near enough to make a statistical difference, though. The outcome isn't what it is because of any fraud or anything else other than taking a few days to count all the votes and Trump not liking the outcome.
GoPack2008
PackBacker07 said:

Gore challenging one state, and Abrams contesting one state, is different than Trump contesting multiple states with different reasoning in each. It is not the same. Pennsylvania - fraud, stop counting. Arizona - fraud, keep counting. Makes no legal sense.

Side note, losing candidates have a right to contest results and ask for recounts, within individual state laws. That is not in question.
And now the Trump campaign is telling people to send in their ballots to PA now, anyway, even though they also want the vote count to stop.

It's. ****ing stupid. Trump is stupid. His advisors are stupid.

This is over.
GoPack2008
Pacfanweb said:

packgrad said:

GoPack2008 said:

Nowhere near enough to make a statistical difference, though. The outcome isn't what it is because of any fraud or anything else other than taking a few days to count all the votes and Trump not liking the outcome.
Agreed.

When the final votes are tallied it's going to be well beyond the scope of any conceivable fraud.
smitt86
The calls to late votes being fraudulent is tired, there hasn't been one meaningful piece of evidence from a single reliable source that there was any type of game-breaking fraud.

Arizona is going up for Trump with late votes, but those votes are all valid.
GA and PA are going up for Biden with late votes, but those are certainly illegal votes.

Just let the count finish, let the recounts finish, and then let the lawsuits figure things out. If Trump and the GOP have viable evidence of voter fraud, then they'll present it in court and go from there. If they don't have any actual evidence, they won't win any of the lawsuits.

I just don't see the benefit of posting twitter comments/videos/claims that have no credibility, from either side, particularly on this board. The left is the left, the right is the right, you aren't going to present some game-breaking evidence that is going to flip anyone's opinion. Let the "fraud" claims play themselves out in court, not on social media.
SupplyChainPack
Stolen election.

GoPack2008
SupplyChainPack said:

Stolen election.

Nah.

Your guy just lost. Grow a pair and get more involved in your party to win the next election, rather than crying and spouting nonsense.
packgrad
smitt86 said:

The calls to late votes being fraudulent is tired, there hasn't been one meaningful piece of evidence from a single reliable source that there was any type of game-breaking fraud.

Arizona is going up for Trump with late votes, but those votes are all valid.
GA and PA are going up for Biden with late votes, but those are certainly illegal votes.

Just let the count finish, let the recounts finish, and then let the lawsuits figure things out. If Trump and the GOP have viable evidence of voter fraud, then they'll present it in court and go from there. If they don't have any actual evidence, they won't win any of the lawsuits.

I just don't see the benefit of posting twitter comments/videos/claims that have no credibility, from either side, particularly on this board. The left is the left, the right is the right, you aren't going to present some game-breaking evidence that is going to flip anyone's opinion. Let the "fraud" claims play themselves out in court, not on social media.
Correct.
PackBacker07

Ham sandwich reference.
Y'all means ALL.
packgrad
Pacfanweb said:

packgrad said:

GoPack2008 said:

Perhaps. 2008 thinks people did not vote illegally because Trump said they did. That is incorrect.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.