ELECTION 2020

150,257 Views | 1778 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by SmaptyWolf
packgrad
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The only time I've really been concerned about election shenanigans, until this election, was 2000 and I think that was expected. Never been worried about shenanigans in the rest between then and now.
packgrad
jadawson said:

packgrad said:

It's going to be a long time before we know who has tears and who doesn't. In non message board reality, we do know who really will have tears if they lose. And riots. And screaming at the sky. But we're a long ways from that.

Oh so you also saw the people protesting outside of election centers demanding to stop counting legal votes. Or the ones from the same group in other states demanding they keep counting (the irony im sure is lost on them). Glad we're on the same page

No I didn't see that. Were they rioting? Or burning down buildings and police cars? Are we against peaceful protests now?

I can certainly see how two different situations are playing out in different parts of the country though. Can you not?
jadawson
packgrad said:

jadawson said:

packgrad said:

It's going to be a long time before we know who has tears and who doesn't. In non message board reality, we do know who really will have tears if they lose. And riots. And screaming at the sky. But we're a long ways from that.

Oh so you also saw the people protesting outside of election centers demanding to stop counting legal votes. Or the ones from the same group in other states demanding they keep counting (the irony im sure is lost on them). Glad we're on the same page

No I didn't see that. Were they rioting? Or burning down buildings and police cars? Are we against peaceful protests now?

I can certainly see how two different situations are playing out in different parts of the country though. Can you not?

Who knows what will happen. They certainly fit the "screaming at the sky" description. And as for tears just check Twitter. A bunch of people resorting to conspiracies because the result isn't what they wanted. Sounds an awful lot like the "snowflakes" they hate so much, but the pandemic already proved the republican part has just as many snowflakes as the democrats do.

Every state is a different situation for sure. It's just a bit odd that rampant fraud is only being accused in states where Biden won or is gaining ground, whereas where trump is gaining ground (AZ, NV) all the remaining votes are surely genuine and without issue. Funny how that works
packgrad
I think that's the phenomenon PackChem was talking about on the other thread before it was closed.
IseWolf22
RunsWithWolves26 said:

Would be nice to be able to trust our election system. I say that while also saying, I've never trusted anything government run even before this election. I've never actually felt like my vote counted in any election. As an unaffiliated voter, it's not like either side gives a rats ass about me to begin with. It would just be nice, at least one time in my life, no matter who wins or loses the election, to be able to truly feel like it was fair and honest. Then again, it is the government and it is politics so either way, the right is gonna ***** about it if they don't get their way and the left will ***** about it if they don't get their way.
Almost everything about politics is a dirty game and it's sad. A lot of the hypocritical crap thrown back and forth is stuff we wouldn't tolerate from children, but if team Red or Blue says it, otherwise rational adults line up in support. And yeah as an unaffiliated voter who leans 3rd party, my POV is pretty much ignored.
I will say, that in the day of social media and a camera in everyone's pocket, I fail to see how fraud occurs on a scale that will actually change results. Judges will look at these lawsuits, and some small percentage of ballots will be disqualified, but right now I don't see any state flipping as a result. GA may be the best bet if it really does go wither way by a few hundred votes only.
Civilized
RunsWithWolves26 said:

Would be nice to be able to trust our election system. I say that while also saying, I've never trusted anything government run even before this election. I've never actually felt like my vote counted in any election. As an unaffiliated voter, it's not like either side gives a rats ass about me to begin with. It would just be nice, at least one time in my life, no matter who wins or loses the election, to be able to truly feel like it was fair and honest. Then again, it is the government and it is politics so either way, the right is gonna ***** about it if they don't get their way and the left will ***** about it if they don't get their way.

When we talk about distrust in our system, should we be comparing our system to an ideal or to other experiences around the world?

Our system is not perfect. It has some warts. The electoral college is wonky. Some small fraction of votes do get spoiled. Wherever there are people, money, and power there will be some abuse of some privilege somewhere.

But compared to so many other election experiences around the world, it is really good.
Packchem91
packgrad said:

I think that's the phenomenon PackChem was talking about on the other thread before it was closed.
It is indeed.....much like many of the things we gripe about it --- switch the storylines, and all that is going to happen is the people who are happy or who are finding conspiracies.

I just want to see NV and AZ change so the media can freak out again. I dare say some folks would then choke on their sanctimony. And some screaming about still counting would be lauding those who "stuck with it"

caryking
Civilized said:

RunsWithWolves26 said:

When we talk about distrust in our system, should we be comparing our system to an ideal or to other experiences around the world?

Our system is not perfect. It has some warts. The electoral college is wonky. Some small fraction of votes do get spoiled. Wherever there are people, money, and power there will be some abuse of some privilege somewhere.

But compared to so many other election experiences around the world, it is really good.
We really need to quit talking about systems. A system can't take action on anything. This, and everything else, is about people.
Cthepack
Civilized said:

RunsWithWolves26 said:

Can I ask you where else around the world you have voted?
Packchem91
Civilized said:

RunsWithWolves26 said:

This is true for most things Americans complain about.....some countries do some things better...but overall?
Bas2020
Adam Housley a reporter contacted a Philadelphia nursing home - per his account he's found over 15 dead people ( deceased within last 6 months) that have somehow voted . He's only got the names from one funeral home & spent just a few hours investigating this today. Extrapolating that across the entire city .... and state .

It may take months to unravel all of this but the level of voter fraud will be something that should scare everybody ... unless you have zero respect for our democracy or the truth
cowboypack02
Bas2020 said:

Adam Housley a reporter contacted a Philadelphia nursing home - per his account he's found over 15 dead people ( deceased within last 6 months) that have somehow voted . He's only got the names from one funeral home & spent just a few hours investigating this today. Extrapolating that across the entire city .... and state .

It may take months to unravel all of this but the level of voter fraud will be something that should scare everybody ... unless you have zero respect for our democracy or the truth
I really like Adam Housley.

caryking
People here keep saying Republicans want to suppress the vote. I think Republicans only want to protect each other's vote by counting legal (legal by the laws of each state) votes only! It really isn't that difficult to understand.

Now, regarding voter fraud, no one knows whether we have fraud. I think Republicans are questioning the news about big dumps of votes for one party only. I'm not sure if this is true; however, it has been said that these big dumps of ballots are only for the Presidential election. Also, Philadelphia is completely violating a court order to allow pole watchers is troubling.

So, for all of our Democratic friends here... Republicans have endured four years of crap from Democrats and the media about election interference and God knows what else... I think the Dems need to look in the mirror as to why Republicans are so put off!
DrummerboyWolf
cowboypack02 said:

Bas2020 said:

I really like Adam Housley.

Yep Adam is somebody I trust. This is going to tear this country apart.
Being an N. C. State fan builds great character!
Civilized
Packchem91 said:

Civilized said:

RunsWithWolves26 said:

This is true for most things Americans complain about.....some countries do some things better...but overall?

Yep.
GoPack2008
Civilized said:

SexualChocolate said:

Georgia is going to be real real close. I've seen a projection that Biden could win by around 300 votes.

If it ends up being that close for either candidate the race will have been decided by .005% of the total likely vote.

Nuts!
Georgia is total madness.

And it looks for certain that there's going to be TWO senate run-offs in January that will determine control of the senate.

It's going to be madness.
Civilized
Tobaccoroadsportscafe said:

Looks like Nevada is over. Biden -2000 right now.

What oddsmaker are you looking at?
Tobaccoroadsportscafe
Bas2020 said:

Housley also said he doesn't know who these people voted for or if they're republicans or democrats. FYI
Tobaccoroadsportscafe
Civilized said:

Just looking at updated lines on Bovada. Nevada -2900 now.
Civilized
GoPack2008 said:

Civilized said:

SexualChocolate said:

Georgia is going to be real real close. I've seen a projection that Biden could win by around 300 votes.

If it ends up being that close for either candidate the race will have been decided by .005% of the total likely vote.

Nuts!

And it looks for certain that there's going to be TWO senate run-offs in January that will determine control of the senate.

A buddy I grew up with that lives in ATL said there are LOTS of jokes down there right now about how bad an idea it is to rely on Atlanta to close.

Us Braves fans understand this all too well. Game 7 yips are real.

It's going to come down to the absolute wire.
IseWolf22
GoPack2008 said:

Civilized said:

SexualChocolate said:

Nuts!

Those runoffs could determine senate control. There is going to be crazy amounts of money poured into that race.
Civilized
IseWolf22 said:

GoPack2008 said:

Civilized said:

SexualChocolate said:

Nuts!

Those runoffs could determine senate control. There is going to be crazy amounts of money poured into that race.

Massive.

We're going to find out what control of the Senate is worth to people.
GoPack2008
Civilized said:

IseWolf22 said:

GoPack2008 said:

Civilized said:

SexualChocolate said:

Nuts!

Massive.

We're going to find out what control of the Senate is worth to people.
Yep. When you look at how much money Dems wasted on Amy McGrath's obviously doomed senate race, it's going to be crazy. Presidential-election level money, likely with diminishing returns.
Cthepack
No doubt a lot of money will be spent. Curious if it makes a difference in the end.
GoPack2008
IseWolf22 said:

GoPack2008 said:

Civilized said:

SexualChocolate said:

Nuts!

I think it's likely that they will. Looks like there was enough ticket splitting in AZ for Kelly to be safe, even if AZ ultimately ends up in Trump's column.

That would put it at 48-50 with two run offs in Jan.
Civilized

Civilized said:

Hilarious they have odds for this:

PackBacker07
I think Dems can win one of the seats in GA, but probably not both. I would guess Perdue survives. The key for Dems will be voter turnout, which they are notoriously bad at in regards to special elections.
Y'all means ALL.
DrummerboyWolf
New story from The Blaze explaining Trump's path to victory in Arizona. MSNBC also gave a similar report.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/trump-late-early-vote-arizona
Being an N. C. State fan builds great character!
Tobaccoroadsportscafe
Civilized said:

Civilized said:

Hilarious they have odds for this:

Great value in "win or winning".
Civilized
Looks like we showed up to an Airing of Grievances and a press conference broke out.
PackBacker07
This Trump "speech" is absolute gold. He looks like coomplete dog*****
Y'all means ALL.
GoPack2008
PackBacker07 said:

I think Dems can win one of the seats in GA, but probably not both. I would guess Perdue survives. The key for Dems will be voter turnout, which they are notoriously bad at in regards to special elections.
Yeah there's already some smart folks talking about the bizarre but very possible Perdue/Warnock split ticket voter.

Turnout will indeed be the story, usually much lower in run offs. Assuming Biden wins, what will GOP turnout be like post-Trump? Will a lame duck Trump stump for Loeffler and Perdue? Can Stacey Abrams and co. GOTV in Atlanta again? Lots of unanswered questions.
Civilized
PackBacker07 said:

This Trump "speech" is absolute gold. He looks like coomplete dog*****

So he says he's "on track to win Arizona" via votes still being counted, but is being cheated out of GA and PA via - you guessed it - votes still being counted.

Jesus.
wolfman18
I feared "fraud" would be the theme of this election with some key states being so close.

One one hand, the president himself started the attack on voter fraud in the first debate, right? I think he said something about not accepting the results. From reports, Pubs have complicated things in some states not counting mail-in ballots until the end.

On the other hand, for 4 years, Dems along with the media have done everything they could do to get orange man out of office.

If the roles were reversed (Trump close win over biden), I think its fair Dems would be hollering about fraud or demanding recounts.

PackBacker07
I'm just counting this as his concession speech and it's glorious. VERY LOW ENERGY!
Y'all means ALL.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.