ELECTION 2020

150,204 Views | 1778 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by SmaptyWolf
Werewolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
hokiewolf said:

It's not often when everyone is wrong, but here we are in that none of you know the whole story on Ken Paxton.

need ur montlhly jab pal…..u r right on that one too.
caryking
hokiewolf said:

It's not often when everyone is wrong, but here we are in that none of you know the whole story on Ken Paxton.
Here is what we do know:

• He was impeached, by the house, in Texas, with Republicans supporting the impeachment
  • He was removed from his position and had no access to anything
  • He was acquitted, in his impeachment trial/hearing, with Republicans supporting the acquital
  • Multiple videos, of testimony, have come out clearly saying that there was no wrongdoing

Sure, there is some speculation... Paxton, himself, has sited multiple people/organization have been behind this impeachment. One, of which, is Karl Rove. Is that speculation? I don't know.

More speculation, this time, by me...

On the indictments, of Trump, we will see a similar result, long term:

• Trump has been indicted
  • Trump will get convicted on some charges
  • Trump will appeal
  • The appeal will turn in his favor
  • We will find that that the Republican Party has been behind, supporting these indictments

There are plenty of Republicans wanting to see him gone. These Republicans are virtually no different than the Democrats, that want to see him gone. Trump just gets in the way of their money making schemes!!!

Yes, they are crooks!!!!
On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
BBW12OG
hokiewolf said:

LOL...

Oh here comes "Mr. Character" to pass judgement on those he looks down on.

If I was a proven liar and someone that has ZERO character, and it's been proven time and time again, I'd stay in mommy and daddy's house that they bought me and play tough guy on the computer too.

Civilized
BBW12OG said:

hokiewolf said:

LOL...

If I was a proven liar and someone that has ZERO character, and it's been proven time and time again, I'd stay in mommy and daddy's house that they bought me and play tough guy on the computer too.

I'm sure those who know you personally know how big of a POS blowhard you are. I can only imagine the lies you have been caught in there...

Is it impossible for you to talk normally on here?

As in, discuss things the way you would in person with an actual human sitting in front of you?
Civilized
hokiewolf said:

BBW12OG
Civilized said:

BBW12OG said:

hokiewolf said:

LOL...

I'm sure those who know you personally know how big of a POS blowhard you are. I can only imagine the lies you have been caught in there...

Is it impossible for you to talk normally on here?

As in, discuss things the way you would in person with an actual human sitting in front of you?
Don't brow beat me... I tried for years to engage with you.

You duck and run when you are faced with the facts. You didn't have a damn clue about Paxton other than what you had heard on your liberal MSM propaganda networks.

Not only were you wrong.... you haven't owned the fact that you were totally talking out of your ass.... which you seem to do quite often.

Anytime you would like to have an intelligent discussion without running away when you are fed your lunch I'm game.

I won't hold my breath...you and the rest of your cuck squad seem to be lacking when it comes to admitting when you are wrong.
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
- Thomas Jefferson
SmaptyWolf
caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

Here is what we do know:

• He was impeached, by the house, in Texas, with Republicans supporting the impeachment
  • He was acquitted, in his impeachment trial/hearing, with Republicans supporting the acquital
  • Multiple videos, of testimony, have come out clearly saying that there was no wrongdoing

Sure, there is some speculation... Paxton, himself, has sited multiple people/organization have been behind this impeachment. One, of which, is Karl Rove. Is that speculation? I don't know.

• Trump will appeal
  • We will find that that the Republican Party has been behind, supporting these indictments

There are plenty of Republicans wanting to see him gone. These Republicans are virtually no different than the Democrats, that want to see him gone. Trump just gets in the way of their money making schemes!!!

Yes, they are crooks!!!!

It's hard to understate how mind-boggling it is that a grown adult capable of dressing themselves could actually believe that statement. Lol, Trump, the lone hero that can protect us from all of the criming.
BBW12OG
SmaptyWolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

Here is what we do know:

• Trump will appeal

Yes, they are crooks!!!!

It's hard to understate how mind-boggling it is that a grown adult capable of dressing themselves could actually believe that statement. Lol, Trump, the lone hero that can protect us from all of the criming.
You think that there are 147 genders.... Men can have babies and women can have testicles.

GFY.
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
- Thomas Jefferson
hokiewolf
Here's some fun Ken Paxton facts that everyone omitted:

- Has been under state indictment for state securities fraud issues
- is currently under federal investigation
- Many of Paxtons senior staff, all hired by him and very conservative people, all went to the FBI and said the believed their boss was engaged in illegal activities
- All claimed whistleblowers status.
- Paxton fired all of them
- Paxton made it difficult for them to find other jobs in retaliation
-So they sued, and then Paxton settled for $3M. Then he tried to pay that out of tax payer dollars.

Here's the problem, either they are whistleblowers and in that case you shouldn't have fired them and retaliate against them and you screwed up and owe them $3M OR they weren't whistleblowers and you had every right to fire them then why are you trying to pay them off with tax payer dollars?

So, that was the question the Texas House wanted to answers to, and they opened an investigation because they have to sign off on the $3M payment.

In the course of this investigation and talking to these whistleblowers they found out why the whistleblowers were blowing whistles, having to do with this fella named Nate Paul (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nate_Paul), financier type person. There are various quid pro quo corruption between Paul and Paxton. Quid pro quo corruption requires you to prove quid was for the quo, which makes it illegal. What's neat is that some of the quo was also illegal, so it really isn't necessary to prove the quid. The issues:

- Paxton used his office to obstruct a federal investigation and provided the names of FBI agents to Paul so that Paul could then retaliate against those agents. Im pretty certain that's all kinds of illegal.

- Nate Paul had Ken Paxtons mistress on his payroll

- Nate Paul paid for Ken Paxtons home improvements. The day that the whistleblowers went to the FBI that morning, Ken Paxton paid Paul $120k that afternoon but also claims that Paul didn't pay for the home improvements. Paxton and or Paul or both set up a dummy company for the purposes of receiving illegal payments.

- The Texas House, after this investigation moves 60 articles of impeachment against Paxton for things such as abuse of office, firing the whistleblowers and having the state pay for the settlement, the quid pro quo stuff,, etc. 120 Republicans vote in favor of the impeachment.

- It then moved to the Texas Senate, the LT. governor, Dan Patrick is the President of the Senate, a former radio host and definitely not a lawyer changes the rules of the Senate trial and they get pretty wild. Patrick decides the trial is going to use criminal rules, and a higher burden of proof, even though this is not a criminal proceeding and that they have to find Paxton guilty beyond a reasonable doubt, which makes zero sense in articles of impeachment.

Also a fun fact, Paxtons home town Senate representative happens to also be his wife and although she was not a voting member of the Senate for the purpose of the Impeachment trial, she was used for quorum which counted her as a no vote.

Then, Patrick decides on his own that Paxton does not to testify, and because this was treated as a criminal trial, the Senate can't subpoena Paxton. Then Patrick arbitrarily also decided on his own not to force the mistress to testify.

In the end, only two republicans on average in the Senate voted to impeach Paxton. In Texas state government, Democrats have almost less than zero power. So the power falls between two factions of Republicans, the normal Republicans and we will call the crazy Republicans (the populists, water cooler folks) currently the crazy Republicans are the dominant caucus, as is the current state of the majority of the Republican Party these days.

So there was a majority of crazy Republicans in the Senate led by Dan Patrick and loyal to Ken Paxton that basically did a solid for their boy.

This isn't some shadowy cabal Bush-ites controlling things behind the scenes, it is the LT Gov in a pissing contest with the Texas Speaker of the House and sticking it to him out of spite.
Originator of the Tony Adams Scale
hokiewolf
I appreciate you personally attacking me yet again, a common theme over the last two years for no real reason other than I burned you one time on an obvious joke and you are on this weird scorched earth thing with me. It's be nice if you would follow the posting rules you claimed in the past others used against you. But you and the other weirdos on this forum brow beat and chase anyone away that you have even the slightest disagreement with.

I feel bad for the people that have to deal with you in person on a daily basis.
packgrad
Lol that it's only the water cooler that brow beats posters they disagree with and tries to run them away.

I can't type this early…
caryking
hokiewolf said:

- Many of Paxtons senior staff, all hired by him and very conservative people, all went to the FBI and said the believed their boss was engaged in illegal activities
-So they sued, and then Paxton settled for $3M. Then he tried to pay that out of tax payer dollars.

Here's the problem, either they are whistleblowers and in that case you shouldn't have fired them and retaliate against them and you screwed up and owe them $3M OR they weren't whistleblowers and you had every right to fire them then why are you trying to pay them off with tax payer dollars?

So, that was the question the Texas House wanted to answers to, and they opened an investigation because they have to sign off on the $3M payment.

In the course of this investigation and talking to these whistleblowers they found out why the whistleblowers were blowing whistles, having to do with this fella named Nate Paul (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nate_Paul), financier type person. There are various quid pro quo corruption between Paul and Paxton. Quid pro quo corruption requires you to prove quid was for the quo, which makes it illegal. What's neat is that some of the quo was also illegal, so it really isn't necessary to prove the quid. The issues:

- Paxton used his office to obstruct a federal investigation and provided the names of FBI agents to Paul so that Paul could then retaliate against those agents. Im pretty certain that's all kinds of illegal.

- Nate Paul paid for Ken Paxtons home improvements. The day that the whistleblowers went to the FBI that morning, Ken Paxton paid Paul $120k that afternoon but also claims that Paul didn't pay for the home improvements. Paxton and or Paul or both set up a dummy company for the purposes of receiving illegal payments.

- The Texas House, after this investigation moves 60 articles of impeachment against Paxton for things such as abuse of office, firing the whistleblowers and having the state pay for the settlement, the quid pro quo stuff,, etc. 120 Republicans vote in favor of the impeachment.

- It then moved to the Texas Senate, the LT. governor, Dan Patrick is the President of the Senate, a former radio host and definitely not a lawyer changes the rules of the Senate trial and they get pretty wild. Patrick decides the trial is going to use criminal rules, and a higher burden of proof, even though this is not a criminal proceeding and that they have to find Paxton guilty beyond a reasonable doubt, which makes zero sense in articles of impeachment.

Also a fun fact, Paxtons home town Senate representative happens to also be his wife and although she was not a voting member of the Senate for the purpose of the Impeachment trial, she was used for quorum which counted her as a no vote.

Then, Patrick decides on his own that Paxton does not to testify, and because this was treated as a criminal trial, the Senate can't subpoena Paxton. Then Patrick arbitrarily also decided on his own not to force the mistress to testify.

In the end, only two republicans on average in the Senate voted to impeach Paxton. In Texas state government, Democrats have almost less than zero power. So the power falls between two factions of Republicans, the normal Republicans and we will call the crazy Republicans (the populists, water cooler folks) currently the crazy Republicans are the dominant caucus, as is the current state of the majority of the Republican Party these days.

So there was a majority of crazy Republicans in the Senate led by Dan Patrick and loyal to Ken Paxton that basically did a solid for their boy.

This isn't some shadowy cabal Bush-ites controlling things behind the scenes, it is the LT Gov in a pissing contest with the Texas Speaker of the House and sticking it to him out of spite.

Is it true that the Texas Speaker of the House is a Democrat? If so, how can your comments about Democrats having virtually no power, in the State be true?

Hokie, some of your comments can have some validity; however, when all is said and done, Paxton was acquitted and multiple people, on the stand, said: there is no evidence of corruption.

So, who and what should we believe? Honestly, I'm not sure anymore. That said, I have been consistent in saying the Party is corrupt. As corrupt as the Democratic Party? Well, I'd rather take my chance with the Republican Party, even though I can't stand them…

Joe Biden
caryking
caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

Is it true that the Texas Speaker of the House is a Democrat? If so, how can your comments about Democrats having virtually no power, in the State be true?

Hokie, some of your comments can have some validity; however, when all is said and done, Paxton was acquitted and multiple people, on the stand, said: there is no evidence of corruption.

So, who and what should we believe? Honestly, I'm not sure anymore. That said, I have been consistent in saying the Party is corrupt. As corrupt as the Democratic Party? Well, I'd rather take my chance with the Republican Party, even though I can't stand them…
No, it's not true…. So, I take that back.

Actually, the speaker (Phelan, a Republican) appeared drunk, while serving his duties, and Paxton called for him to resign.

Joe Biden
Oldsouljer
On another topic and not that I take BLS stats all that seriously, they're noting that coming out of the pandemic, 60% of the population is over 65 years of age. Interesting if true, old people turnout to vote and old people abhor instability.
SmaptyWolf
Oldsouljer said:

On another topic and not that I take BLS stats all that seriously, they're noting that coming out of the pandemic, 60% of the population is over 65 years of age. Interesting if true, old people turnout to vote and old people abhor instability.
Somebody better get a memo to the Republican radicals in the House that try to shut down the government every other week when a Dem is in charge. Banana Republic stuff.
hokiewolf
SmaptyWolf said:

Oldsouljer said:

Somebody better get a memo to the Republican radicals in the House that try to shut down the government every other week when a Dem is in charge. Banana Republic stuff.
Somebody better get a memo to Congress that they control the purse strings and not passing an actual budget and kicking the can with these continuing resolutions is Banana Republic stuff.
SmaptyWolf
hokiewolf said:

SmaptyWolf said:

Oldsouljer said:

Somebody better get a memo to Congress that they control the purse strings and not passing an actual budget and kicking the can with these continuing resolutions is Banana Republic stuff.
Congress can't pass a budget, because the aforementioned MAGA Republican radicals are trying to govern from the minority of the minority (instead of winning elections and having the most votes, they prefer the "we'll burn it all down unless we get our way" approach).

The Republican House speaker could pass a budget tomorrow, the one that he agreed on in the Spring, but he's more concerned about keeping his job than whether or not our country is about to punch its own economy in the balls.

You'd almost think they want economic turmoil while Biden is in the White House. Hmmmmm.
Werewolf
Shut down all but immigration and customs and DOD and parts of the Dept of Interior and the PO. The federal goct has become an enemy of the people.
SmaptyWolf
Werewolf said:

Shut down all but immigration and customs and DOD and parts of the Dept of Interior and the PO. The federal goct has become an enemy of the people.
Thankfully we ignored you "derp the gubmint is the enemy" crackpots for the last 250 years and decided to become a superpower instead. That way now every yocal can afford a computer so that you can bawl all day on the internet (that the government invented) about how much you want to tear it all down.

Perhaps you'd be happier living in Haiti? They barely have any government breathing down your neck at all!
BBW12OG
hokiewolf said:

I appreciate you personally attacking me yet again, a common theme over the last two years for no real reason other than I burned you one time on an obvious joke and you are on this weird scorched earth thing with me. It's be nice if you would follow the posting rules you claimed in the past others used against you. But you and the other weirdos on this forum brow beat and chase anyone away that you have even the slightest disagreement with.

I feel bad for the people that have to deal with you in person on a daily basis.
Liar. You once again say that I have posted complaining about the rules. Prove it you low character Pinocchio.

Again.. you show who you are every time you open your lying mouth.
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

- Thomas Jefferson
Civilized
Wow. You can't make this stuff up.

You're correct that I had no idea about any of that!
hokiewolf
No, you complained about others who flagged your posts and were also hurling insults at you that eventually got you kicked out of here. Stop being obtuse.
hokiewolf
Civilized said:

Wow. You can't make this stuff up.

You're correct that I had no idea about any of that!
That's why I don't believe in these grand political conspiracies. Sometimes it's just two dudes throwing hate over the fence at eachother.
caryking
hokiewolf said:

SmaptyWolf said:

Oldsouljer said:

The only people that are doing this are the ones that knucklehead is talking about…. The Freedom Caucus group says, enough is enough…

I'm sure that idiot believes everything Cassidy Hutchison says as well…

Joe Biden
BBW12OG
hokiewolf said:

No, you complained about others who flagged your posts and were also hurling insults at you that eventually got you kicked out of here. Stop being obtuse.
LOL...such a liar..... you back track more than a sorry ass liberal.... I never gave a **** about my posts being flagged.

Again... show me where I was complaining. I think making the comments like "go ahead and flag this post" is a far cry from what you are saying Mr. Low Character.

You honestly have to be one of the most smug, know it all, self entitled cry baby I have ever come across.

Those trophies you got for just showing up and the life that your parents have GIVEN you has not served you well.
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

- Thomas Jefferson
packgrad
hokiewolf said:

Posters don't even know if their posts are flagged. I don't believe this is true. The only one on here that has complained about flagged posts is glass.
BBW12OG
packgrad said:

hokiewolf said:

Posters don't even know if their posts are flagged. I don't believe this is true. The only one on here that has complained about flagged posts is glass.
You are correct grad....

Pinocchio proven yet again he has zero character and is nothing but a lying millennial who has had EVERYTHING in his life GIVEN to him.

Spoiled little brat!!

Glass told me on numerous occasions that my posts, as well as others, were being flagged daily. And some for no reason other than I posted.

Come back on that one you spoiled little brat.....
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

- Thomas Jefferson
Civilized
BBW12OG said:

packgrad said:

hokiewolf said:

You are correct grad....

Pinocchio proven yet again he has zero character and is nothing but a lying millennial who has had EVERYTHING in his life GIVEN to him.

Spoiled little brat!!

Glass told me on numerous occasions that my posts, as well as others, were being flagged daily. And some for no reason other than I posted.

Holy lack of self-awareness, Batman!
BBW12OG
Civilized said:

BBW12OG said:

packgrad said:

hokiewolf said:

You are correct grad....

Spoiled little brat!!

Holy lack of self-awareness, Batman!
Not sure you have the correct context for the "gotcha" moment you think you just had.
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

- Thomas Jefferson
Werewolf
SmaptyWolf said:

Werewolf said:

Thankfully we ignored you "derp the gubmint is the enemy" crackpots for the last 250 years and decided to become a superpower instead. That way now every yocal can afford a computer so that you can bawl all day on the internet (that the government invented) about how much you want to tear it all down.

Perhaps you'd be happier living in Haiti? They barely have any government breathing down your neck at all!
Son, you don't have a clue what you're talking about ..........once again. Turn that BS MSM and get yourself reset for the rest of the day. Sheeple with a jab and sheeple for more "big govt". You haven't a clue how we got in this predicament..........but yet again, you don't think we're in one. We're in great shape as a nation.......we just need some more illegals, drugs and taxes.
Werewolf
When its finally revealed 2020 will have been close to 60/40 Trump and he will have won 47-48 states. The real # will never be known because of all the Trump votes that were thrown out. Not here to argue the point, I"m telling you the outcome. #Devolution.........

hokiewolf
Werewolf
Dark to Light.......you must first walk in the dark to see the light.........it has been said.

SmaptyWolf
Werewolf said:

Dark to Light.......you must first walk in the dark to see the light.........it has been said.

Well when you put it that way it doesn't sound like messianic cult at all.
TheStorm
This thread has gone off the rails a bit "more than normal" here the last few days...

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.