ELECTION 2020

148,972 Views | 1721 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by Werewolf
IseWolf22
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Glasswolf said:

IseWolf22 said:

I'm going to take a second to celebrate the fact that South Dakota, Montana, Arizona, and New Jersey all legalized marijuana. Mississippi is now allowing medical marijuana.
Maybe NC will catch on someday

Hey these are the first red states. I think you're gonna see a few every election until it's all 50.
Tobaccoroadsportscafe
packgrad said:

Tobaccoroadsportscafe said:

Bas2020 said:

More fraud... in just one Michigan County.

Just wait to see what happened in Fulton Co , GA or Philly

Shouldn't they be arguing these points in court instead of on social media? Do you guys honestly think there was more misconduct on the democratic side then on the republican side? I think mistakes happen, and they catch the mistakes. It's hard for me to believe widespread voter fraud is happening in 2020.

What makes you think they're not going to use them in court?

Gut feeling.
jadawson
packgrad said:

jadawson said:

packgrad said:

Bas2020 said:

Shouldn't they be arguing these points in court instead of on social media? Do you guys honestly think there was more misconduct on the democratic side then on the republican side? I think mistakes happen, and they catch the mistakes. It's hard for me to believe widespread voter fraud is happening in 2020.

I mean theyve filed a bunch of lawsuits already that are being thrown out. Why are they waiting on filing a lawsuit for these?

How do you know what they haven't?
because a reporter would have found it and reported on it the same way they did the lawsuits in Georgia, Pennsylvania and Michigan that have since been thrown out
packgrad
jadawson said:

packgrad said:

jadawson said:

packgrad said:

Bas2020 said:

I mean theyve filed a bunch of lawsuits already that are being thrown out. Why are they waiting on filing a lawsuit for these?

because a reporter would have found it and reported on it the same way they did the lawsuits in Georgia, Pennsylvania and Michigan that have since been thrown out

So do you think all of them should be argued in court individually today or do you think maybe it takes some time?
packgrad

packgrad said:

Bas2020 said:

Gut feeling.

How big is your gut?
jadawson
packgrad said:

jadawson said:

packgrad said:

jadawson said:

packgrad said:

Bas2020 said:

So do you think all of them should be argued in court individually today or do you think maybe it takes some time?
well seeing as they would be suing individual county board of elections i dont see why they would wait if they had proof in that county.
packgrad
jadawson said:

packgrad said:

jadawson said:

packgrad said:

jadawson said:

packgrad said:

Bas2020 said:

well seeing as they would be suing individual county board of elections i dont see why they would wait if they had proof in that county.
My guess is because they're not concerned with doing it on some liberal message board guy's time. They'll do it when they're ready. Kind of foolish to think it has no tooth because it hasn't been done when you think it should have been (without any basis of reason for why it should have been done already).
GoPack2008
jadawson said:

packgrad said:

jadawson said:

packgrad said:

Bas2020 said:

The world is really confusing to these guys. It's like they don't have a coherent, consistent understanding of anything.
PackBacker07
President-elect Biden now with a 20k vote lead in Pennsylvania.
Y'all means ALL.
Civilized
Trey Gowdy on Fox News just now:

"We need to lower the accusations and increase the evidence right now."

Well said, Trey.

packgrad
GoPack2008 said:

jadawson said:

packgrad said:

jadawson said:

packgrad said:

Bas2020 said:

The world is really confusing to these guys. It's like they don't have a coherent, consistent understanding of anything.

Yeah. Because lawsuits have to be filed on radlib timelines or they just don't count!!

Your logic is about as stupid as they come.
SexualChocolate
Again, let the proof decide.
jadawson
I appreciate that there wasn't a comment in here during the game. We need to remember that at the end of the day we're all pack fans!
Cthepack
And what is really important!!
RunsWithWolves26
So it's Saturday. Any CONFIRMED AND PROVEN cases of voter fraud resulting in 30,000-60,000 votes counted that shouldn't have been?

I voted for Trump this time so don't tell me I'm some radlib.
packgrad
RunsWithWolves26 said:

So it's Saturday. Any CONFIRMED AND PROVEN cases of voter fraud resulting in 30,000-60,000 votes counted that shouldn't have been?

I voted for Trump this time so don't tell me I'm some radlib.

No. No court cases have confirmed and proven any cases since the game last night.
caryking
Right now, the big fallout is that the Supreme Court (Sam Alito) has made a court order to PA. PA needs to make sure they are separating certain ballots. Also, PA needs to report back (something, not sure) by 2:00 today.
packofwolves
Just saw this one, not necessarily fraud, but if a glitch how wide spread could it be:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/michigan-gop-chairwoman-says-software-glitch-tallied-thousands-of-republican-votes-as-democrat
PackBacker07
Pennsylvania called for President-elect Biden. The race is OVER.
Y'all means ALL.
Civilized
jadawson said:

I appreciate that there wasn't a comment in here during the game. We need to remember that at the end of the day we're all pack fans!

Yep and also that there weren't any snide political remarks in the game thread.

I think we all needed that after a long week.

Go Pack, fellas.
jkpackfan
I just hope Biden will govern more from the center and won't listen to those gang of idiots on the far left.
DrummerboyWolf
PackBacker07 said:

Pennsylvania called for President-elect Biden. The race is OVER.
Not true. The media controls nothing. There are votes to be counted or discounted. lawsuits to be filed. No election has been certified yet. You know not of what you speak. The Republican led legislatures in Georgia, Michigan, Pennsylvania, North Carolina can vote how ever they want. If they feel that the vote was fraudulent then they can elect Trump. They send the electors to vote for President. It's in the Constitution, but I am sure you knew that.

Biden may ultimately win, but he has not won yet just because the media says so.

Being an N. C. State fan builds great character!
PackBacker07
Yes, I know how the electors work. I also know that, by Pennsylvania state law, the legislature cannot send their own. But I'm sure you knew that as well?

Every race is not technically over until early January when the House confirms electoral votes. But, this one is over. Let's hope it works out better than the last four years.
Y'all means ALL.
jadawson
Biden still has fewer votes in the city of Philadelphia than Clinton did in 2016 whereas Trump has more than he had in 2016. This is way less about "dem run cities" than it is about suburban counties in battleground states moving left of where they were in 2016.
Cthepack
jadawson said:

Biden still has fewer votes in the city of Philadelphia than Clinton did in 2016 whereas Trump has more than he had in 2016. This is way less about "dem run cities" than it is about suburban counties in battleground states moving left of where they were in 2016.

Looks like the election had very little to do with Biden and everything to do with Trump. Heard a stat this morning that 67% percent of votes for Biden were votes against trump. I did not hear details if a specific location.
Civilized
Cthepack said:

jadawson said:

Looks like the election had very little to do with Biden and everything to do with Trump. Heard a stat this morning that 67% percent of votes for Biden were votes against trump. I did not hear details if a specific location.

I wonder how that compares to "normal" elections.
PackBacker07
Nevada has now been called for President-elect Biden.
Y'all means ALL.
caryking
PackBacker07 said:

Yes, I know how the electors work. I also know that, by Pennsylvania state law, the legislature cannot send their own. But I'm sure you knew that as well?

Every race is not technically over until early January when the House confirms electoral votes. But, this one is over. Let's hope it works out better than the last four years.
I agree. This thing is done. Based on the your statement "Let's hope it works out better than the last four years". What exact policy's are you hoping goes better? I'm not talking personality's; rather policy's.

Tell us what you want to be different from a policy standpoint...
Cthepack
Civilized said:

Cthepack said:

jadawson said:

I wonder how that compares to "normal" elections.

I would say the last election had quite a few voting against Hillary. Just sad that it is more A popularity contest versus voting for policies. Win by negative campaigning not by where you want to take the country. Get rid of the two party system!!!
jadawson
caryking said:

PackBacker07 said:

I agree. This thing is done. Based on the your statement "Let's hope it works out better than the last four years". What exact policy's are you hoping goes better? I'm not talking personality's; rather policy's.

I don't think very much of anything will get done because we are likely to keep a Republican Senate and Mitch McConnell has vowed to block pretty much every piece of legislation that comes his way.

But in general, things i'm interested in that may have a chance but that is to be seen:

- Heavy investment in Green/renewable energy. In terms of research, in terms of job creation, in terms of lower our dependence on foreign energy sources.

- Rejoin Global Climate Accords - I'm not talking about the green new deal. Im talking about simply stating we are with the rest of the world and will work with everyone to make the world a cleaner place. I don't care if you believe global warming is real or if it's man made, making the world a cleaner place for the future generations is not a bad thing.

- Incentivize states to reduce incarceration levels including attempting to end for-profit prisons . States should be incentivized to look into arrest totals of non-violent offenders and be incentivized to release first time non-violent offenders for things like marijuana possession. Marijuana should also be decriminalized nationally but i don't think that will pass. For-profit prisons are a stain on our country. How we allow individuals to profit off of the incarceration of our citizens is beyond me.

- Relax Trump's isolationist views on foreign policy - I don't think the US should be involving itself in every entanglement around the world like we have sometimes in the past, but we are a world leader and in 2020 that means we are a leader that works with other nations in unison.

Immigration/Travel - End travel bans from majority muslim countries. take away the limits on the number of applications the US can review for people seeking asylum.

Education - Heavy investment in community colleges and other low tuition opportunities. Start a committee to look into the student loan debt crisis in this country. That is a bubble that is going to pop at some point and its not going to be pretty when it does. Tuition goes up as wages remain stagnant, that can't work long term.

Revise Trump Tax Cuts - The tax cuts were an overwhelming victory for large corporations and wealthy individuals who are now paying far less in tax than they did prior to 2016. It's a large reason why the debt is still rising under Trump. The law cut corporate taxes permanently but only cut it for (some) individuals temporarily until 2025 then they get raised again (they get raised by design exactly when trump thought he would be out of office. funny how that works). If you are a property owning individual in an already high tax state (think the NE or Cali) then your taxes went up under this plan as you can no longer file deductions for as much mortgage interest as well as the deduction for state/local tax paid was lowered.

caryking
jadawson said:

caryking said:

PackBacker07 said:

I don't think very much of anything will get done because we are likely to keep a Republican Senate and Mitch McConnell has vowed to block pretty much every piece of legislation that comes his way.

But in general, things i'm interested in that may have a chance but that is to be seen:

- Heavy investment in Green/renewable energy. In terms of research, in terms of job creation, in terms of lower our dependence on foreign energy sources.

- Rejoin Global Climate Accords - I'm not talking about the green new deal. Im talking about simply stating we are with the rest of the world and will work with everyone to make the world a cleaner place. I don't care if you believe global warming is real or if it's man made, making the world a cleaner place for the future generations is not a bad thing.

- Incentivize states to reduce incarceration levels including attempting to end for-profit prisons . States should be incentivized to look into arrest totals of non-violent offenders and be incentivized to release first time non-violent offenders for things like marijuana possession. Marijuana should also be decriminalized nationally but i don't think that will pass. For-profit prisons are a stain on our country. How we allow individuals to profit off of the incarceration of our citizens is beyond me.

- Relax Trump's isolationist views on foreign policy - I don't think the US should be involving itself in every entanglement around the world like we have sometimes in the past, but we are a world leader and in 2020 that means we are a leader that works with other nations in unison.

Immigration/Travel - End travel bans from majority muslim countries. take away the limits on the number of applications the US can review for people seeking asylum.

Education - Heavy investment in community colleges and other low tuition opportunities. Start a committee to look into the student loan debt crisis in this country. That is a bubble that is going to pop at some point and its not going to be pretty when it does. Tuition goes up as wages remain stagnant, that can't work long term.

Revise Trump Tax Cuts - The tax cuts were an overwhelming victory for large corporations and wealthy individuals who are now paying far less in tax than they did prior to 2016. It's a large reason why the debt is still rising under Trump. The law cut corporate taxes permanently but only cut it for (some) individuals temporarily until 2025 then they get raised again (they get raised by design exactly when trump thought he would be out of office. funny how that works). If you are a property owning individual in an already high tax state (think the NE or Cali) then your taxes went up under this plan as you can no longer file deductions for as much mortgage interest as well as the deduction for state/local tax paid was lowered.

Wow!!! That's the smorgasbord of liberal policies!

Listen, I'm sure we have different opinions on issues. That's the beauty of this country. My only wish is for your policies and really Republican policies are looked at in the prism of the original intent of the constitution.

If we all did that, we would recognize that liberty is for all and the massive differences in policies as you laid out and what some Republicans will lay out are the very reason we are divided. We have to get the federal government out of policies that should be relegated to the states.

If individual states passed laws that support there constituency; then I could chose to move to a state that's more inline with my thinking. When we have this federal thinking, then, people that don't agree with each other get divided.
ciscopack
When will massive PARDONS start?
Cthepack
ciscopack said:

When will massive PARDONS start?
Who do you anticipate will be pardoned? Trump has a ways to go to catch Obama, do you think he will pardon as many as Obama did?
jkpackfan
And just like that, Covid is over

RunsWithWolves26
The same Republicans screaming at democrats after the 2016 election telling them to shut up because Trump won fair and square will be the same ones screaming at democrats that Biden isn't a legit president. The same democrats screaming at republicans saying Trump wasn't a legit candidate will be the same ones screaming at the Republicans that Biden won fair and square. And round and round and round we go.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.