ELECTION 2020

149,821 Views | 1770 Replies | Last: 12 min ago by ncsupack1
Cthepack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ripper said:

Cthepack said:

Ripper said:

The nation will be in a heap of trouble if the Georgia R Senators lose in January runoffs. Divided government is the best remedy for the current situation for both parties.
Senator Manchin said he would vote with Republicans on such things as the filibuster and packing the courts.
Maybe, but he can't be trusted. The pressure on him would be enormous.
He voted to confirm Justice K. But I yes there would be lots of pressure.
RunsWithWolves26
jadawson said:

PackBacker07 said:

Describe what you think Communism is.
its a catch all buzzword that the right wing uses for anything they don't like.

Kinda like when Dems accuse all republicans of being a racist right?
packgrad
IseWolf22
RunsWithWolves26 said:

jadawson said:

PackBacker07 said:

Ripper
Cthepack said:

Ripper said:

Cthepack said:

Ripper said:

The nation will be in a heap of trouble if the Georgia R Senators lose in January runoffs. Divided government is the best remedy for the current situation for both parties.
Senator Manchin said he would vote with Republicans on such things as the filibuster and packing the courts.
He only voted for Kavanaugh after Susan Collins put it over the top. If he was the deciding vote for Kavanaugh, he would have voted no.
Cthepack
Ripper said:

Cthepack said:

Ripper said:

Cthepack said:

Ripper said:

He only voted for Kavanaugh after Susan Collins put it over the top. If he was the deciding vote for Kavanaugh, he would have voted no.
In any case he is on record for saying he will not vote for court packing and getting rid of filibuster.
packgrad
jadawson
packgrad said:

When did Biden Supporters gear up for riots?
packgrad
jadawson said:

packgrad said:

Lolololol
Cthepack
https://www.foxnews.com/media/media-outlets-falsely-claim-london-fireworks-paris-church-bells-were-celebrating-biden-victory

Remember, remember the 5th of November.

jadawson
packgrad said:

jadawson said:

packgrad said:

Lolololol

Oh ok, thanks for the answer.

The only thing I can think of is if you/tweeter are trying to tie Biden into BLM and compare that to trump supporters on behalf of trump. But that would just be monumentally stupid so I think you deserve the benefit of the doubt
Ripper
Cthepack said:

https://www.foxnews.com/media/media-outlets-falsely-claim-london-fireworks-paris-church-bells-were-celebrating-biden-victory

Remember, remember the 5th of November.

Lefty media are low IQ, not very worldly, and mentally ill.
packgrad
jadawson said:

packgrad said:

jadawson said:

packgrad said:

Lolololol

The only thing I can think of is if you/tweeter are trying to tie Biden into BLM and compare that to trump supporters on behalf of trump. But that would just be monumentally stupid so I think you deserve the benefit of the doubt

Businesses weren't boarding up because of Trump supporters. Denying who they were boarding up for would be monumentally stupid.
jadawson
RunsWithWolves26 said:

jadawson said:

PackBacker07 said:

Kind of I guess, but racism is sort of a subjective idea with wiggle room somewhat based on intent and somewhat based on how it is received. Communism is a political and economic theory with a strict definition, and there is literally nothing about joe biden or a democratic congress that is communist.

Words have meanings and the belittling of our intelligence and the English Language by just calling things communism when they are clearly not brings everyone down to a stupid level of mud slinging.
jadawson
packgrad said:

jadawson said:

packgrad said:

jadawson said:

packgrad said:

Lolololol

Businesses weren't boarding up because of Trump supporters. Denying who they were boarding up for would be monumentally stupid.
Changing "why" they were boarding up is arguing in bad faith. It had literally nothing to do with Joe Biden or his supporters.
packgrad
jadawson said:

packgrad said:

jadawson said:

packgrad said:

jadawson said:

packgrad said:

Lolololol

Changing "why" they were boarding up is arguing in bad faith. It had literally nothing to do with Joe Biden or his supporters.

It had everything to do with his supporters. Denying that is just willful ignorance.
jadawson
packgrad said:

jadawson said:

packgrad said:

jadawson said:

packgrad said:

jadawson said:

packgrad said:

Lolololol

It had everything to do with his supporters. Denying that is just willful ignorance.

Ok dude. This is just going to go in circles. I find that logic incredibly stupid and just goalpost moving for a "got ya" point. Im done with this part of the thread.
packgrad
jadawson said:

packgrad said:

jadawson said:

packgrad said:

jadawson said:

packgrad said:

jadawson said:

packgrad said:

Lolololol

Ok dude. This is just going to go in circles. I find that logic incredibly stupid and just goalpost moving for a "got ya" point. Im done with this part of the thread.

That's fine. I find the denial incredibly stupid and self serving.
PackBacker07
Y'all means ALL.
ciscopack
jadawson said:

PackBacker07 said:

There are many things in conservatism that is not conservative! I like having the far right and far left to bounce the ideas off but I don't care to have either take the lead role! Donald Trump was and is a nut...fruitcake. Grown-ups are now in charge.....talking $#it about anyone is now out of style; everyone counts! Harmony is conceivable. Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness....striving for Property. The constitution considers the public good of the people! The campaign system is corrupt.....ruled by the wealthy. Most of the founders came here for MONEY. In the 18th century they wondered how do you make a Republic last? George Washington knew he wasn't as educated as some of the guys around him but he was smart enough to get someone like Alexander Hamilton to do his writing for him. Washington had his $#!+ together. The Constitution was flexible and designed to be changeable. James Madison was a dwarf compared to some of the other guys but he had as much to do with getting things right for this nation as anyone. We are no longer a nation gone MAD. The new President of the United States is a good and decent man. Will we follow reason or only partisan passion? Character is destiny; at our best we try.
PackBacker07
packgrad said:

Interesting.

jadawson
PackBacker07 said:

packgrad said:

Interesting.

Trump uses Barr like a personal lawyer. It must nice for a corrupt man to have a yes man as his AG...
WolfQuacker
jadawson said:

RunsWithWolves26 said:

jadawson said:

PackBacker07 said:

Kind of I guess, but racism is sort of a subjective idea with wiggle room somewhat based on intent and somewhat based on how it is received. Communism is a political and economic theory with a strict definition, and there is literally nothing about joe biden or a democratic congress that is communist.

Words have meanings and the belittling of our intelligence and the English Language by just calling things communism when they are clearly not brings everyone down to a stupid level of mud slinging.
racism:

noun

a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human racial groups determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to dominate others or that a particular racial group is inferior to the others.

The only reason the word is now perceived as "subjective" or having "wiggle room" is the way it's been misused in recent times. Keep in mind that this is coming from a guy who truly believes there is systemic racism and oppression in America and am behind the movement for change. I simply hate the word had become so diluted and really hate to read how you perceive it.
Ripper
jadawson said:

PackBacker07 said:

packgrad said:

Interesting.

Trump uses Barr like a personal lawyer. It must nice for a corrupt man to have a yes man as his AG...
Holder was Obama's "wing man" for 6 years. Bill Barr is a professional.
jadawson
WolfQuacker said:

jadawson said:

RunsWithWolves26 said:

jadawson said:

PackBacker07 said:

racism:

noun

a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human racial groups determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to dominate others or that a particular racial group is inferior to the others.

The only reason the word is now perceived as "subjective" or having "wiggle room" is the way it's been misused in recent times. Keep in mind that this is coming from a guy who truly believes there is systemic racism and oppression in America and am behind the movement for change. I simply hate the word had become so diluted and really hate to read how you perceive it.
I think it's the definition that gives it wiggle room. What defines inferior or superior, and in what way? how do those beliefs manifest themselves?

For instance with the "birther" movement. That accusation had never been hurled at a white president before, but the first non-white president the country has it's thrown around and immediately gets latched onto by a large amount of people as truth without any evidence. I can imagine how a mixed race person in this country would finally feel represented by their president, and how they could find it racist that people are referring to people that look like them as "not american" enough. But by that definition you could argue that it's not racist because they weren't necessarily calling Obama "lesser" than his white peers, just not qualified for the position. Or the fact that dissenters of Obama feel the need to refer to his full name when discussing him. Barack HUSSEIN Obama. I mean is that racist? It's his name after all. But do you see an implication there? No liberals i know feel the need to say Donald JOHN Trump in a derogatory manner.

jadawson
Ripper said:

jadawson said:

PackBacker07 said:

packgrad said:

Interesting.

You will find VERY few attorney's in the industry that consider Bill Barr's term as AG, "professional"
Ripper
jadawson said:

Ripper said:

jadawson said:

PackBacker07 said:

packgrad said:

Interesting.

You will find VERY few attorney's in the industry that consider Bill Barr's term as AG, "professional"
Lefty kooks, perhaps.
WolfQuacker
jadawson said:

WolfQuacker said:

jadawson said:

RunsWithWolves26 said:

jadawson said:

PackBacker07 said:

racism:

noun

I think it's the definition that gives it wiggle room. What defines inferior or superior, and in what way? how do those beliefs manifest themselves?

For instance with the "birther" movement. That accusation had never been hurled at a white president before, but the first non-white president the country has it's thrown around and immediately gets latched onto by a large amount of people as truth without any evidence. I can imagine how a mixed race person in this country would finally feel represented by their president, and how they could find it racist that people are referring to people that look like them as "not american" enough. But by that definition you could argue that it's not racist because they weren't necessarily calling Obama "lesser" than his white peers, just not qualified for the position. Or the fact that dissenters of Obama feel the need to refer to his full name when discussing him. Barack HUSSEIN Obama. I mean is that racist? It's his name after all. But do you see an implication there? No liberals i know feel the need to say Donald JOHN Trump in a derogatory manner.

Do you need a dictionary? Inferior and superior both have definitions as well. All these words are no less subjective than the idea of communism... wealth redistribution for instance (heavily taxing the wealthy to benefit the poor). By "definition" that is not communism in and of itself, but has come to be described as such.

By the way, do really think that people questioning Obama's nationality weren't portraying a position of superiority as "real Americans" when making those accusations? You're stretching.
WolfQuacker
This is a good, short read:

https://debbyirving.com/are-prejudice-bigotry-and-racism-the-same-thing/
jadawson
WolfQuacker said:

jadawson said:

WolfQuacker said:

jadawson said:

RunsWithWolves26 said:

jadawson said:

PackBacker07 said:

racism:

noun

Do you need a dictionary? Inferior and superior both have definitions as well. All these words are no less subjective than the idea of communism... wealth redistribution for instance (heavily taxing the wealthy to benefit the poor). By "definition" that is not communism in and of itself, but has come to be described as such.

By the way, do really think that people questioning Obama's nationality weren't portraying a position of superiority as "real Americans" when making those accusations? You're stretching.

I can't tell if you are intentionally missing what im saying or not....

Just to start with on your last point. I think its abundantly clear from my comments that i DO think the birther movement was rooted in racism. I don't know how you can possibly read that and think otherwise. Im saying using that definition provided, people behind that movement could easily argue that its not because it is not a strict thing. It's a give and take process. Intent comes into play, how a statement or action is received or perceived by others comes into play.

On the first point, its kind of the same thing. Is it racism if it's a subconscious feeling that makes someone act a certain way? They may not have intended the receiving party to feel inferior by their comments/actions but they still made them feel that way. Perhaps it would have been more accurate to say WHO defines inferior/superior in a situation. The accuser or the accused?

EDIT:

So i just saw the link you posted. So are you arguing that you think most actions are Prejudiced rather than racist?
jadawson
Ripper said:

jadawson said:

Ripper said:

jadawson said:

PackBacker07 said:

packgrad said:

Interesting.

Lefty kooks, perhaps.
Or justice department employees...more than 1,100 of which signed an open letter calling on him to resign for gross overreach by the department.

Or is government overreach only a big deal when its the democrats that do it?
WolfQuacker
jadawson said:

WolfQuacker said:

jadawson said:

WolfQuacker said:

jadawson said:

RunsWithWolves26 said:

jadawson said:

PackBacker07 said:

racism:

noun

Just to start with on your last point. I think its abundantly clear from my comments that i DO think the birther movement was rooted in racism. I don't know how you can possibly read that and think otherwise. Im saying using that definition provided, people behind that movement could easily argue that its not because it is not a strict thing. It's a give and take process. Intent comes into play, how a statement or action is received or perceived by others comes into play.

On the first point, its kind of the same thing. Is it racism if it's a subconscious feeling that makes someone act a certain way? They may not have intended the receiving party to feel inferior by their comments/actions but they still made them feel that way. Perhaps it would have been more accurate to say WHO defines inferior/superior in a situation. The accuser or the accused?

EDIT:

So i just saw the link you posted. So are you arguing that you think most actions are Prejudiced rather than racist?
Did you read the link I posted? It's simple - Racism is a well defined atrocity that gets thrown around with too much casualness. It dilutes just how horrible of a thing it really is. We can agree to disagree... all good.

LOL - Just saw your edit after I posted.

I'm not saying that at all... I'm saying racism is well defined and there's no more "subjectivity" or "wiggle room" to using the term than there is "communism". That's all.
PackBacker07
Damn, he's serious.

Y'all means ALL.
jadawson
WolfQuacker said:

jadawson said:

WolfQuacker said:

jadawson said:

WolfQuacker said:

jadawson said:

RunsWithWolves26 said:

jadawson said:

PackBacker07 said:

racism:

noun

EDIT:

Did you read the link I posted? It's simple - Racism is a well defined atrocity that gets thrown around with too much casualness. It dilutes just how horrible of a thing it really is. We can agree to disagree... all good.

LOL - Just saw your edit after I posted.

I'm not saying that at all... I'm saying racism is well defined and there's no more "subjectivity" or "wiggle room" to using the term than there is "communism". That's all.

I think the misconception is people use racism/racist interchangeably. If you see the definition for the adjective "racist" you'll find:

adjective

[ol]
  • prejudiced against or antagonistic toward a person or people on the basis of their membership in a particular racial or ethnic group, typically one that is a minority or marginalized.
    "we are investigating complaints about racist abuse"
  • [/ol]
    "prejudiced towards" is included in this definition and inferior/superior are not.

Ripper
    jadawson said:

Ripper said:

jadawson said:

Ripper said:

jadawson said:

PackBacker07 said:

packgrad said:

Interesting.

Lefty kooks, perhaps.
    Or justice department employees...more than 1,100 of which signed an open letter calling on him to resign for gross overreach by the department.

Or is government overreach only a big deal when its the democrats that do it?
    You obviously have zero idea how things work up here in DC. 90+% of DOJ Attorney's are partisan Democrats. They do not like interlopers or outsiders poking around in "their" government. Justice and State are the two biggest culprits, but it applies to all departments. How do I know? One neighbor friend is a DOJ lawyer and another neighbor friend is a very high ranking State Dept official.
    This Pilger guy couldn't wait to resign. It's a badge of courage to resist Trump. His actions are certainly not connected to integrity. These guys would sell their mother to get a chance to embarrass Trump for their team. Although, I do appreciate your naive way of looking at things. Probably better to not know how the real world works.

Barr needs to investigate. D's been scamming elections for 150 years.

subscribe Verify your student status
    See Subscription Benefits
    Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.