Carolina Hurricanes

104,961 Views | 1517 Replies | Last: 19 hrs ago by Wolfer79
PackBacker07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Y'all means ALL.
Cornpack
PackBacker07 said:

Just as long as Nikishin isn't the prospect going back, I'm good with it
Retired internet funny guy
DrummerboyWolf
Hurricanes trade Michael Bunting and others for Pittsburgh's Jake Guentzel and a defense prospect Ty Smith. I think this is a great trade. Guentzel is pretty darn good.

https://www.nhl.com/hurricanes/news/canes-acquire-guentzel-smith-from-penguins
FlossyDFlynt
DrummerboyWolf said:

Hurricanes trade Michael Bunting and others for Pittsburgh's Jake Guentzel and a defense prospect Ty Smith. I think this is a great trade. Guentzel is pretty darn good.

The fact we didnt have to give up an unconditional first in that trade is absolutely fleecing them. And we didnt give up a top five prospect. Absolutely love this deal
Cornpack
FlossyDFlynt said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

The fact we didnt have to give up an unconditional first in that trade is absolutely fleecing them. And we didnt give up a top five prospect. Absolutely love this deal

Agree. I really liked Ponomarev but him and Drury are essentially the same player. With the cap space cleared from Bunting's contract maybe we can re-sign Guentzel too
sharpman1017
They finally did the thing!!!!
sharpman1017
great player but he's had some off ice issues recently
FlossyDFlynt
sharpman1017 said:

great player but he's had some off ice issues recently
Cheap, low risk, high reward trade. All for it
Cornpack
Interested to see how the money affects our off-season moves, but that isn't the focus right now. We're going in and trying to do the damn thing
sharpman1017
Cornpack said:

Interested to see how the money affects our off-season moves, but that isn't the focus right now. We're going in and trying to do the damn thing
I believe they want to extend Guentzel and Kuz is a pending free agent so don't think he effects too much
Cornpack
sharpman1017 said:

Cornpack said:

I believe they want to extend Guentzel and Kuz is a pending free agent so don't think he effects too much

Teravainen, Guentzel, Martinook, Noesen, Skeji, Pesce, DeAngelo, Chatfield are UFAs and Necas and Jarvis are RFAs. Even at 50% retained on Kuznetsov, it just makes the math tougher with resigning, even after taking into account the cap going up
sharpman1017
Cornpack said:

sharpman1017 said:

Cornpack said:

Teravainen, Guentzel, Martinook, Noesen, Skeji, Pesce, DeAngelo, Chatfield are UFAs and Necas and Jarvis are RFAs. Even at 50% retained on Kuznetsov, it just makes the math tougher with resigning, even after taking into account the cap going up
oh for sure. I'm not saying you're wrong but DeAngelo isn't coming back and I think even before this deal you were looking at them only bringing 1 of the Skjei/Pesce pairing back. Necas seems like a guy that they will probably trade the rights to this summer and KK's future in Raleigh doesn't look great right now.

Turbo and Martinook are the wild cards. I could see those decisions going either way.

Bottom line of what I was saying is I just don't think the Kuz trade will stop them from retaining the guys they want to extend. They'll find a way
Cornpack
sharpman1017 said:

Cornpack said:

sharpman1017 said:

Cornpack said:

oh for sure. I'm not saying you're wrong but DeAngelo isn't coming back and I think even before this deal you were looking at them only bringing 1 of the Skjei/Pesce pairing back. Necas seems like a guy that they will probably trade the rights to this summer and KK's future in Raleigh doesn't look great right now.

Turbo and Martinook are the wild cards. I could see those decisions going either way.

Bottom line of what I was saying is I just don't think the Kuz trade will stop them from retaining the guys they want to extend. They'll find a way

Agreed. The real wild card is if we can get Nikishin over already. I know he's the best player on Putin's favorite team, so it'll be hard, but maybe with another Russian on the team it'll be easier
sharpman1017
I wouldn't hold my breath lol. Can't wait for him to come over though, he's a freaking dude

I think Guentzel, Jarvis, and Chatty are the top 3 extension priorities this summer
FlossyDFlynt
Agree on the top 3. Think Jarvis is going to be the priority given his age. Also why I think Necas gets moved after the season
sharpman1017
Yeah and I think if you extend Guentzel the motive to trade Necas gets stronger. If you extend Guentzel then you have that guy that doesn't fit your system AND he's betyer than Necas so the motive to trade Necas would probably be greater for the front office. The canes (though they've bent a touch this year) are very disciplined in their system and knowing how they operate I can't imagine they want two of those type of guys
DrummerboyWolf
Canes have traded for Kuznetsov and the the Caps will pay half of his salary.

https://www.nhl.com/hurricanes/news/canes-acquire-kuznetsov-from-washington
Wolfer79
Announcers: John Buccigross/Ryan Callahan

Carolina Hurricanes at New Jersey Devils ABC, 12:30 p.m.
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Rod Brind'Amour confirms that Pyotr Kochetkov will start for the #Canes today in New Jersey.

He's posted an insane .943 SV% in seven games over the last month.

Evgeny Kuznetsov will make his team debut. No exact word on where he'll slot in. "We'll just see how it goes."

Wolfer79
Calgary at Carolina Sportsnet West/Sportsnet One/Bally Sports South, 5 p.m.
Wolfer79
New York Rangers at Carolina MSG Network/Bally Sports South, 7 p.m.
Wolfer79
DJncsu13
Big one tonight at PNC. Should have a Playoff like feel at the Loudest House tonight, especially with it looking like Guentzel makes his Canes debut. Lets Go Canes!
"For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack"
Follow me on twitter: @d_johnson13/@PackUniforms
sharpman1017
Looks like Trouba and Rempe will be out for the rangers too
Cornpack
Seeing as Drury just got hurt, that's probably good news that we don't have to worry as much about them causing one (knock on wood)
DJncsu13
sharpman1017 said:

Looks like Trouba and Rempe will be out for the rangers too
Good. Less cheap shots tonight.

The fact the Rangers fans wanted Aho kicked out of the league for skating in open ice and colliding with Fox earlier this year, yet defend Trouba and Rempe's hit last night tell me all I need to know about that fan base (not that I didn't already think less of them )
"For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack"
Follow me on twitter: @d_johnson13/@PackUniforms
Wolfer79
Florida at Carolina Bally Sports Florida/Bally Sports South, 7 p.m.
Wolfer79
Carolina Hurricanes at Toronto Maple Leafs Sportsnet/Bally Sports South, 7 p.m.
Wolfer79
Carolina at Ottawa Bally Sports South/TSN5, 6 p.m.
DrummerboyWolf
Canes were down two with less than two minutes to go last night in Toronto, then scored twice with an empty net PP goal by Aho and then another that went off Aho with 5.8 seconds to go to tie the game. Nobody scored in OT and Kochetkov made some great saves, then in the shootout, he shut down all three Maple Leaf skaters and then Guentzel won it has the 3rd shooter for the Canes.

Here are the highlights.

https://www.nhl.com/hurricanes/video/recap-hurricanes-at-maple-leafs-3-16-24-6349102887112

I was watching the hockey game instead of the basketball game. That tells you how far college sports, especially mens basketball, has fallen off my radar. Who would have ever thought I would be watching a regular season hockey game instead of State/UNC game in the ACC Tournament Final, but here we are.

Glad the BB team broke the championship drought, and happy for the team and the fans.
Wolfer79
Cornpack
DrummerboyWolf said:

Canes were down two with less than two minutes to go last night in Toronto, then scored twice with an empty net PP goal by Aho and then another that went off Aho with 5.8 seconds to go to tie the game. Nobody scored in OT and Kochetkov made some great saves, then in the shootout, he shut down all three Maple Leaf skaters and then Guentzel won it has the 3rd shooter for the Canes.

Here are the highlights.

https://www.nhl.com/hurricanes/video/recap-hurricanes-at-maple-leafs-3-16-24-6349102887112

I was watching the hockey game instead of the basketball game. That tells you how far college sports, especially mens basketball, has fallen off my radar. Who would have ever thought I would be watching a regular season hockey game instead of State/UNC game in the ACC Tournament Final, but here we are.

Glad the BB team broke the championship drought, and happy for the team and the fans.

It was a sight to see in the bar I was at where people were trying to watch both games at once at the end. It was funny when the basketball game went to timeout and then all the State and Carolina fans got to celebrate the Canes together before going back to hating each other again
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Carolina at New York Islanders ESPN+/Hulu, 7:30 p.m.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.