Carolina Hurricanes

103,630 Views | 1515 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by DJncsu13
DrummerboyWolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Rangers clinch the President's Cup last night, so the Canes are locked into playing the Islanders in the first round of the playoffs. Most likely Saturday with the first 2 games at the PNC. Same match up from last year's opening round which the Canes won 4-2.

Had the Rangers lost last night, the Canes would have had a chance to clinch home ice for all the playoffs with a win over Columbus. If the Canes advance, then they will face the winner of the Rangers/ Wild Card series. It could be Washington, Detroit, Pittsburgh, or Philadelphia.
DJncsu13
Looks like the big boys are getting a night off.

• Sebastian Aho
  • Frederik Andersen
  • Jake Guentzel
  • Seth Jarvis
  • Brett Pesce
  • Jaccob Slavin
  • Andrei Svechnikov
  • Jordan Staal

Bradley Nadeau and Jackson Blake will make their NHL Debut. Morrow will draw in again and they recalled Comtois and Coghlan from the AHL.
"For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack"
Follow me on twitter: @d_johnson13/@PackUniforms
DrummerboyWolf
Canes first game against the Islanders in the Stanley Cup Playoffs will be 5 pm on Saturday at the PNC.

https://www.nhl.com/news/stanley-cup-playoffs-game-1-schedule-for-east-series

Wolfer79
NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs
Conference Quarterfinals
Eastern Conference
Game 1, PNC Arena, Raleigh, NC
Announcers TBS/truTV/Max: John Forslund/Jennifer Botterill/Darren Pang
New York Islanders at Carolina Hurricanes Sportsnet (East/Pacific/West)/Sportsnet 360/TVA Sports/TBS/truTV/Max/MSG SportsNet/Bally Sports South, 5 p.m.

Game 1, TD Garden, Boston, MA
Announcers TBS/truTV/Max: Kenny Albert/Eddie Olczyk/Brian Boucher
Toronto Maple Leafs at Boston Bruins CBC/Sportsnet/TVA Sports/TBS/truTV/Max, 8 p.m

Announcers: Liam McHugh/Paul Bissonnette/Anson Carter/Henrik Lundqvist
NHL on TBS Faceoff TBS/truTV/Max, 4:30 p.m.
NHL on TBS Post Game Show TBS/truTV/Max, 11:30 p.m.

Hockey Central Saturday CBC/Sportsnet, 7:30 p.m.

NHL Network Ice Time NHL Network, 9 a.m.
NHL Tonight: Breakdowns & Demos NHL Network, 9:30 a.m.
NHL Tonight: Playoff Edition NHL Network, 4 p.m.
NHL Tonight: Playoff Edition NHL Network, 5 p.m.
NHL Tonight: Playoff Edition NHL Network, 11 p.m.
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs
1st Round

Eastern Conference Quarterfinals
Game 1, Amerant Bank Arena, Sunrise, FL
Announcers ESPN: Bob Wischusen/Ryan Callahan/Leah Hextall
Tampa Bay Lightning at Florida Panthers ESPN/Sportsnet/TVA Sports/Bally Sports Sun/Bally Sports Florida, 12:30 p.m.

Game 1, Madison Square Garden, New York, NY
Announcers ESPN: Sean McDonough/Ray Ferraro//Emily Kaplan
Washington Capitals at New York Rangers ESPN/Sportsnet/TVA Sports/Monumental Sports Network/MSG Network, 3 p.m.

Western Conference Quarterfinals
Game 1, Canada Life Centre, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Announcers CBC/Sportsnet: John Bartlett/Garry Galley//Scott Oake//ESPN2: John Buccigross/Cassie Campbell-Pascall
Colorado Avalanche at Winnipeg Jets CBC/Sportsnet/TVA Sports/ESPN2/Altitude, 7 p.m.

Game 1, Rogers Arena, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Announcers CBC/Sportsnet: John Shorthouse/Dave Tomlinson//Dan Murphy//ESPN: Mike Monaco/AJ Mleczko
Nashville Predators at Vancouver Canucks CBC/Sportsnet/TVA Sports/ESPN/Bally Sports South, 10 p.m.
Announcers: Steve Levy/Mark Messier/P.K. Subban

The Point ESPN2, noon
Host: Arda Öcal
In the Crease ESPN+, 12:30 a.m. (Monday)
NHL Tonight: Playoff Edition NHL Network, 2:30 p.m.
NHL Tonight: Playoff Edition NHL Network, 6 p.m.
NHL Tonight: Playoff Edition NHL Network, 1 a.m. (Monday)
Wolfer79
Cornpack
Nobody better call me tomorrow because I'm not gonna have my voice back for days. One of the best games I've ever been to my goodness
DrummerboyWolf
Quite a comeback win for the Canes last night. Had to be crazy inside the arena when the Canes tied it and took the lead in 9 seconds.

Here is the condensed game.

https://www.nhl.com/video/topic/playoffs/2024/2024-series-d-video/condensed-game-islanders-at-hurricanes-4-22-24-6351441979112
Packchem91
Cornpack said:

Nobody better call me tomorrow because I'm not gonna have my voice back for days. One of the best games I've ever been to my goodness

That last 5 minutes of game action had to be as tense and then as fun, as it gets.

I tuned it out when it went 0-3, but then I saw all these texts from my sons that we were back in it
Turned it on with 3 minutes to go and those back to back goals - you could most certainly hear the energy in the building - it was impressive to hear that explosion of noise

I know pro athletes are good at moving on, but gotta think it's really difficult for the Islanders to get back up for the next game after that choke job
DJncsu13
Cornpack said:

Absolutely incredible. Aho getting the goal to tie it, the Marty :09 later and that place was absolutely BONKERS. Man that was awesome.
"For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack"
Follow me on twitter: @d_johnson13/@PackUniforms

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.