Carolina Hurricanes

103,710 Views | 1515 Replies | Last: 10 hrs ago by DJncsu13
Bell Tower Grey
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Just don't see how they will come back now. I hate it, but they are just so out of synch....maybe the pressure finally got to them. They had a good run this season, but there is a lot to be worked on during the upcoming off time.
SportManagementEngineer
This is a choke job. We give the Canes the kid gloves treatment in this area but they had no business losing this series. Stars disappeared. Team was undisciplined. Should be held accountable.
Twitter: @JJwith2Jays
DrummerboyWolf
I was worried when the Rangers came back against the Penguins. Shesterkin can win games by himself and he is basically doing that. Special teams have not helped, but Igor is the main reason the Canes are having trouble.
Being an N. C. State fan builds great character!
Gopack80
SportManagementEngineer said:

This is a choke job. We give the Canes the kid gloves treatment in this area but they had no business losing this series. Stars disappeared. Team was undisciplined. Should be held accountable.

100%
SportManagementEngineer
DrummerboyWolf said:

I was worried when the Rangers came back against the Penguins. Shesterkin can win games by himself and he is basically doing that. Special teams have not helped, but Igor is the main reason the Canes are having trouble.
Yup he's been great. Been the difference.

Natural Stat trick has the expected goals in this game as:
Canes 1.63
Rangers 1.43

Goaltending.
Steve Videtich
Feel like they're just throwing the puck at the net hoping for a lucky bounce instead of picking spots and shooting. No visits in front of the very either.
SportManagementEngineer
Steve Videtich said:

Feel like they're just throwing the puck at the net hoping for a lucky bounce instead of picking spots and shooting. No visits in front of the very either.
Nothing wrong with shooting, but you hit it with your last point. There's been no traffic most of this series.
Steve Videtich

Steve Videtich said:

Nothing wrong with shooting, but you hit it with your last point. There's been no traffic most of this series.

Yea, but my point was how many goals have we given up with pinpoint shots in the past 2 series. Meanwhile, almost all of our goals have come off redirects or passes across the crease.

Maybe that's all in goaltending?
Steve Videtich
Well damn...
Wolfer79
NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs
Western Conference Final
Game 1, Ball Arena, Denver, CO
Edmonton Oilers at Colorado Avalanche TNT/CBC/Sportsnet/TVA Sports, 8 p.m.
Gopack80
Tampa still looks like the team to beat. They just know how to turn it up a notch come playoff time. Don't see either team from the West with the goaltending to get it done.
Cornpack
I've had a night to sleep on it and I'm still sad. We have got to make a splash this off-season and go for it in this next 1-2 year window. We will be good enough to keep making the playoffs, but it feels like the end of the period where we go into the playoffs considered one of the cup favorites.
Retired internet funny guy
SportManagementEngineer
Cornpack said:

I've had a night to sleep on it and I'm still sad. We have got to make a splash this off-season and go for it in this next 1-2 year window. We will be good enough to keep making the playoffs, but it feels like the end of the period where we go into the playoffs considered one of the cup favorites.

Cap issues are going to make having a good offseason tricky.
bgr3

Cornpack said:

Cap issues are going to make having a good offseason tricky.
When you get to the level they are now, any move you make is going to be risky/tricky. The two biggest things in the post season are special teams and goaltending, and they've gotten killed is basically both areas in losses over the last few years. Chalk up the goaltending issues this year to bad luck of injuries if you want but there is no excuse for the power play being as bad as it was to end the year.
Wolfer79
Wednesday
Lightning @ Rangers
8pm
espn
game 1 of series
Wolfer79
NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs
Eastern Conference Final
Game 1, Madison Square Garden, New York, NY
Tampa Bay Lightning at New York Rangers ESPN/CBC/Sportsnet/TVA Sports, 8 p.m.
Wolfer79
NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs
Western Conference Final
Game 2, Ball Arena, Denver, CO
Edmonton Oilers at Colorado Avalanche TNT/CBC/Sportsnet/TVA Sports, 8 p.m. (Colorado leads series 1-0)
Wolfer79
Friday
Lightning @ Rangers
8pm
espn
Rangers lead series 1-0
Steve Videtich
Man, I thought last series was a matter of the Hurricanes playing poorly. Starting to think the Rangers are that good!
DrummerboyWolf
Steve Videtich said:

Man, I thought last series was a matter of the Hurricanes playing poorly. Starting to think the Rangers are that good!
Oh the Rangers are good, but Tampa Bay is still probably suffering from rust and the long layoff. Not saying it will happen, but it wouldn't surprise me if the Lightning run off 4 straight. Also the two best goalies and Shesterkin has been hot.
FlossyDFlynt
The outcome in the East doesnt matter. Its Colorado's cup to lose at this point
Wolfer79
#Avalanche at #Oilers
NHL Playoffs
West Finals, Gm 3
8 pm ET/6 pm MT
TNT

@KennyAlbert (pbp), Keith Jones (analyst), @Panger40 (ice-level analyst) & @Mikkelson12 (reporter) #NHL #NHLPlayoffs #StanleyCup
Wolfer79
Sunday
Rangers @ Lightning
3pm
espn
Rangers lead series 2-0
Wolfer79
Monday
Avalanche @ Oilers
8pm
TNT
Avalanche lead series 3-0
Wolfer79
Tuesday
Rangers @ Lightning
8pm
espn

Rangers lead series 2-1
Wolfer79
#Lightning at #Rangers
NHL Playoffs
East Finals, Gm 5
8 pm ET
ESPN

Sean McDonough (pbp), @rayferrarotsn (analyst) & @emilymkaplan (reporter) #NHL #NHLPlayoffs #StanleyCup
Wolfer79
Saturday
Rangers @ Lightning
8pm
espn
Lightning lead series 3-2
Wolfer79
#Rangers at #Lightning
NHL Playoffs
East Finals, Gm 6
8 pm ET
ESPN

Sean McDonough (pbp), @rayferrarotsn (analyst) & @emilymkaplan (reporter) #NHL #NHLPlayoffs #StanleyCup
TheStorm
Before this series started, I thought it was going to really be difficult to force myself to pull for Tampa Bay... but my desire for the Rangers to lose (no matter to whoever) made it far more easier than I expected it would be.
SportManagementEngineer
TheStorm said:

Before this series started, I thought it was going to really be difficult to force myself to pull for Tampa Bay... but my desire for the Rangers to lose (no matter to whoever) made it far more easier than I expected it would be.
Same.
DrummerboyWolf
DrummerboyWolf said:

Steve Videtich said:

Oh the Rangers are good, but Tampa Bay is still probably suffering from rust and the long layoff. Not saying it will happen, but it wouldn't surprise me if the Lightning run off 4 straight. Also the two best goalies and Shesterkin has been hot.
I hate to quote myself, but the Lightning beat the Rangers 2-1 in game 6 to advance to the Stanley Cup Finals against Colorado.
Bell Tower Grey
DrummerboyWolf said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

Steve Videtich said:

I hate to quote myself, but the Lightning beat the Rangers 2-1 in game 6 to advance to the Stanley Cup Finals against Colorado.
Did y'all see this

MSG has banned the guy for life from all their venues, and he has been arrested and is facing charges. Just damn.

https://www.si.com/nhl/2022/06/10/msg-bans-rangers-fan-abhorrent-assault-lightning-fan-video
Wolfer79
NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs
Stanley Cup Final
Game 1, Ball Arena, Denver, CO
Tampa Bay Lightning at Colorado Avalanche ABC/ESPN+/CBC/Sportsnet/TVA Sports, 8 p.m.
Cornpack
Avs in 5
Retired internet funny guy
Wolfer79
#Lightning at #Avalanche
Stanley Cup Final, Game 1
8 pm ET/6 pm MT
ABC

Sean McDonough (pbp), @rayferrarotsn (analyst), @BrianBoucher33 (analyst) & @emilymkaplan (reporter) #NHL #StanleyCup #StanleyCupFinal

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.