Carolina Hurricanes

102,920 Views | 1507 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by DrummerboyWolf
Skylitdrive
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Pasternak hit was bush league. I hope the league takes a look at it, he reached his hands out to try and hit Raanta. Typical Boston.
SportManagementEngineer
Skylitdrive said:

Pasternak hit was bush league. I hope the league takes a look at it, he reached his hands out to try and hit Raanta. Typical Boston.

Might get a fine but I wouldn't get your hopes up for much more
Twitter: @JJwith2Jays
WolfQuacker
What a HIT by Svech
Skylitdrive
SportManagementEngineer said:

Skylitdrive said:

Might get a fine but I wouldn't get your hopes up for much more

Totally agree.
Skylitdrive
WolfQuacker said:

What a HIT by Svech

Svech has become a willing hitter for a forward. His toughness has definitely been a benefit to the attitude of the Canes. Love the physicality.
Bell Tower Grey
Canes win 5 - 2 ! Nice going into Boston with a 2 game lead. Rookie goalie stepped in and did a great job. This team seems to have something special working.
Cornpack
I'm trying to temper my expectations because of all the injuries at goalie but dammit they're making me want to get my hopes up
Retired internet funny guy
SportManagementEngineer
Cornpack said:

I'm trying to temper my expectations because of all the injuries at goalie but dammit they're making me want to get my hopes up
Keep scoring 5 goals a game and David Ayres can play goal for this team.
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs

Eastern Conference Quarterfinals

Game 2, Madison Square Garden, New York, NY
Pittsburgh Penguins at New York Rangers TNT/CBC/Sportsnet?TVA Sports/AT&T SportsNet Pittsburgh/MSG Network, 7 p.m. (Pittsburgh leads series 1-0)

Game 2, FLA Live Arena, Sunrise, FL
Washington Capitals at Florida Panthers TBS/Sportsnet 360/TVA Sports 2/NBC Sports Washington/Bally Sports Florida, 7:30 p.m. (Washington leads series 1-0)

Western Conference Quarterfinals

Game 2, Ball Arena, Denver, CO

Nashville Predators at Colorado Avalanche TNT/Sportsnet East/Sportsnet 360/TVA Sports/Bally Sports South/Altitude, 9:30 p.m. (Colorado leads series 1-0)

Game 2, Scotiabank Saddledome, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Dallas Stars at Calgary Flames TBS/CBC/Sportsnet/TVA Sports 2/Bally Sports Southwest, 10 p.m. (Calgary leads series 1-0)
DrummerboyWolf
What a game last night! The crowd was insane as usual. My ears are still ringing.

Boston started playing like the dirty little *****es that they are. Cheap shot after cheap shot. The Svech hit came down at the end we were sitting closest too and boy he put a hit on that guy and it was clean. Pastarnak's hit on Raanta was down at our end too, but people in our section did not realize how bad it actually was until we saw the replay.

The rookie goaltender Pyotor(not even going to attempt the last name without a spelling reference) performed very well. Nothing he could do on either goal, but he made some big, big stops and I don't think the moment is too big for him. He may be on a Cam Ward run like 2006.

Long way to go in this series and tomorrow's game will be a real test. If you think it was chippy last night, wait until tomorrow in Beantown. Hopefully the officials will not tilt the ice towards the Bruins who are as dirty as can be. Great win and a great start to the playoffs for the Canes!
Being an N. C. State fan builds great character!
jadawson
DrummerboyWolf said:

What a game last night! The crowd was insane as usual. My ears are still ringing.

Boston started playing like the dirty little *****es that they are. Cheap shot after cheap shot. The Svech hit came down at the end we were sitting closest too and boy he put a hit on that guy and it was clean. Pastarnak's hit on Raanta was down at our end too, but people in our section did not realize how bad it actually was until we saw the replay.

The rookie goaltender Pyotor(not even going to attempt the last name without a spelling reference) performed very well. Nothing he could do on either goal, but he made some big, big stops and I don't think the moment is too big for him. He may be on a Cam Ward run like 2006.

Long way to go in this series and tomorrow's game will be a real test. If you think it was chippy last night, wait until tomorrow in Beantown. Hopefully the officials will not tilt the ice towards the Bruins who are as dirty as can be. Great win and a great start to the playoffs for the Canes!
Heart says we can sweep this as we are faster and hit harder than them. Head says just take 1 of 2, get out of boston healthy, and win it game 5 in front of the home crowd
Bell Tower Grey
Yep. That's all we need.
DrummerboyWolf
jadawson said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

Heart says we can sweep this as we are faster and hit harder than them. Head says just take 1 of 2, get out of boston healthy, and win it game 5 in front of the home crowd
I saw a clip from NBC Sports Boston and their guy said the Hurricanes were better, faster, and more physical than the Bruins. He was right, the Canes are a much better team. I will see if I can find it.
DrummerboyWolf
Here it is. There are two clips and they play back to back. First one he is talking about the hit from Svetch and how clean it was.

https://news.yahoo.com/tony-amonte-explains-why-andrei-032532323.html
DrummerboyWolf
Hurricanes trolled Boston on twitter with this message.

Steve Videtich
Don't see 4 guys in the box at one time very often. Especially in the playoffs! Thought that was pretty funny last night.
bgr3
We know they can't skate with the Canes, and they know it, that's why they tried to play the way they did last night. Well, they're not tougher than the Canes anymore either. Unless their back-up goalie turns out to be all-world they're toast, its just a matter of how many games itll take.
WolfQuacker
Skylitdrive said:

WolfQuacker said:

What a HIT by Svech

Svech has become a willing hitter for a forward. His toughness has definitely been a benefit to the attitude of the Canes. Love the physicality.
For anyone who missed it....

Wolfer79
NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs
Eastern Conference Quarterfinals
Game 3, TD Garden, Boston, MA
Carolina Hurricanes at Boston Bruins TNT/Sportsnet 360/TVA Sports 2/Bally Sports South/NESN, 7 p.m. (Carolina leads series 2-0)

Game 3, Amalie Arena, Tampa, FL
Toronto Maple Leafs at Tampa Bay Lightning TBS/CBC/Sportsnet/TVA Sports/Bally Sports Sun, 7:30 p.m. (series tied 1-1)

Western Conference Quarterfinals
Game 3, Enterprise Center, St. Louis, MO
Minnesota Wild at St. Louis Blues TNT/Sportsnet 360/TVA Sports 2/Bally Sports North/Bally Sports Midwest, 9:30 p.m. (series tied 1-1)

Game 3, Crypto.com Arena, Los Angeles, CA
Edmonton Oilers at Los Angeles Kings TBS/CBC/Sportsnet/TVA Sports/Bally Sports SoCal, 10 p.m. (series tied 1-1)
Skylitdrive
Let's Go Canes!!
Steve Videtich
Getting together with a friend that's a true Bruins fan to watch the game tonight! He's a pure Ma**hole. Should be fun for all!!!
Skylitdrive
Steve Videtich said:

Getting together with a friend that's a true Bruins fan to watch the game tonight! He's a pure Ma**hole. Should be fun for all!!!

Haha. M*******s- used that term the other night. Random Bruins fans messaging me on Instagram and had to block them. They are about as bad as Buffalo fans used to be.
Steve Videtich
Skylitdrive said:

Steve Videtich said:

Haha. M*******s- used that term the other night. Random Bruins fans messaging me on Instagram and had to block them. They are about as bad as Buffalo fans used to be.

It's a great term! He's a really good dude when you get to know him. But, if you don't... well you get it!
Cornpack
Boston has a "special" fanbase. The only time I've ever almost fought someone was a Bruins fan in the parking lot at PNC. Dude was absolutely livid when I told him to go back to Cary
Retired internet funny guy
DrummerboyWolf
We had Bruins fans behind us at the game Wednesday. They live in Myrtle right now and had never been to the PNC before. I tried to warn them about how loud it would get. After the Canes went up by 3 I turned to the female and asked her if she thought it was loud. She just kind of shrugged her shoulders like it wasn't that loud. She couldn't admit it. LOL
Steve Videtich
Skylitdrive said:

Steve Videtich said:

So, I texted my friend about what time he would be over so I can plan the food we're serving. He said about 5-5:15. (MST) I replied, "Sounds good! Canes might be up a goal or two by then." To which he responded, "**** off!"

Perfect Ma**hole response!
DrummerboyWolf
John Forslund is calling the game for TNT if you want to watch it there. I still miss him and think he is still the best play by play guy in the NHL.
Bell Tower Grey
The guys just don't have it tonight. They seem surprised and out of sorts at the physicality that Boston has brought tonight. Penalty killing has sucked. Not sure they can overcome a 4 - 1 deficit although there is 14:10 left in the third.
SportManagementEngineer
They'll be tighter Sunday with a little series pressure on them. Tonight not our night. Special teams have been absolutely brutal.
SportManagementEngineer
They'll be tighter Sunday with a little series pressure on them. Tonight not our night. Special teams have been absolutely brutal.
DrummerboyWolf
Everybody knew that Boston would not go easy. They had 3 special teams goals and there you have it. Kochetkov had no chance on any of those goals. Last 8 or 9 minutes the Canes started getting it together. Still in good shape no matter the outcome Sunday, but I think they will play better

Got to give Boston a lot of credit. They blocked a lot of shots. Forbert blocked 9 by himself and I imagine he will be in the ice bath soon.
Steve Videtich
DrummerboyWolf said:

Everybody knew that Boston would not go easy. They had 3 special teams goals and there you have. Kochetkov had no chance on any of those goals. Last 8 or 9 minutes the Canes started getting it together. Still in good shape no matter the outcome Sunday, but I think they will play better

Got to give Boston a lot of credit. They blocked a lot of shots. Forbert blocked 9 by himself and I imagine he will be in the ice bath soon.

Agree, thought this would be a tough game no matter. Regroup on Sunday!
Wolfer79
Saturday

1pm espn
Capitals @ Penguins
series tied 1-1

430pm
TNT
Avalanche @ Predators
Avalanche leads series 2-0

7pm
TNT
Rangers @ Penguins
series tied 1-1

930pm
TNT
Flames @ Stars
series tied 1-1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.