Carolina Hurricanes

104,819 Views | 1517 Replies | Last: 9 hrs ago by Wolfer79
DrummerboyWolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SportManagementEngineer said:

Rumor is that Svech tore his ACL which would be absolutely brutal for this team that is struggling to score goals right now.
This is a tough loss. Everybody else is going to have to step up a little. I really hate it for Svetch, but injuries do happen and it appears it wasn't from any contact. In 2006, the Canes lost Eric Cole in February I believe and went on to win the cup. Cole and Andrei are similar in some respects as both were extremely fast and good skaters. Svetch is a more natural goal scorer in my opinion, but if KK, Drury and few others contribute, then the Canes might be ok.
Being an N. C. State fan builds great character!
SportManagementEngineer
DrummerboyWolf said:

Rumor is that Svech tore his ACL which would be absolutely brutal for this team that is struggling to score goals right now.
This is a tough loss. Everybody else is going to have to step up a little. I really hate it for Svetch, but injuries do happen and it appears it wasn't from any contact. In 2006, the Canes lost Eric Cole in February I believe and went on to win the cup. Cole and Andrei are similar in some respects as both were extremely fast and good skaters. Svetch is a more natural goal scorer in my opinion, but if KK, Drury and few others contribute, then the Canes might be ok.
Cole came back in the playoffs, that will not be happening with Svech.

Also, it is a bit of relief that the Canes didn't make any franchise changing deals at the deadline. Down Pacioretty already and now Svech, this team will struggle to compete with the juggernaut Bruins and the Rangers, who loaded up at the deadline. Going to have to get really good performances from Anderson (and for him to actually be available).
Twitter: @JJwith2Jays
DrummerboyWolf

DrummerboyWolf said:

Also, it is a bit of relief that the Canes didn't make any franchise changing deals at the deadline. Down Pacioretty already and now Svech, this team will struggle to compete with the juggernaut Bruins and the Rangers, who loaded up at the deadline. Going to have to get really good performances from Anderson (and for him to actually be available).
Cole played two games in the playoffs. The last two and was basically a non factor.
SportManagementEngineer
DrummerboyWolf said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

Cole played two games in the playoffs. The last two and was basically a non factor.
I'm aware, still 2 more than Svech will be in.
DrummerboyWolf

DrummerboyWolf said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

I'm aware, still 2 more than Svech will be in.
You're missing the point. The Canes had a chance at home, in game 5 in 2006 to win the cup completely without Cole playing any at all. They won 7 games in a row without Aho this year and won 6 games in a row without Slavin. Losing Svech is a big loss, but it's not the end of the season and great things can still be accomplished. Collectively, they all have to be a little better.

Only one team is going to win the cup. All those other teams that sold out with the massive trades will be paying the price for years. The Canes were involved with one or two of those guys, but were not going to sacrifice their future for a rent a player. Here is Don Waddell's press conference at the trade deadline.

https://www.nhl.com/hurricanes/video/don-waddell-trade-deadline-zoom/t-277437094/c-15636062?q=Don+Waddell
Wolfer79
Carolina at Toronto NHL Network/TVA Sports/Bally Sports South/TSN4, 7 p.m.
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Carolina at Philadelphia ESPN+/Hulu, 5 p.m.
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
FlossyDFlynt
Aho ended TDA's career...again
DrummerboyWolf
Great comeback win for the Canes. Aho completely undressed Tony DeAngelo on the game winning goal.
Wolfer79
Carolina at New York Rangers Bally Sports South/MSG Network, 7 p.m.
Wolfer79
DrummerboyWolf
Canes get a big 3-2 road win against the Rangers. NY was up 1-0 going into the third period. Canes tied it with about 8 to go then the Rangers scored in like 20 seconds. Canes came back on the next shift and tied it. Burns made a great pass to Teravainen and he tipped it in for the lead with about 2:35 to go. They held on for the win and actually kept the Rangers in there own end for a long time before they finally pulled the goalie.

Now they have the second half of the home and home on Thursday. Need another great performance. 100 points in the standings.
SportManagementEngineer
DrummerboyWolf said:

Canes get a big 3-2 road win against the Rangers. NY was up 1-0 going into the third period. Canes tied it with about 8 to go then the Rangers scored in like 20 seconds. Canes came back on the next shift and tied it. Burns made a great pass to Teravainen and he tipped it in for the lead with about 2:35 to go. They held on for the win and actually kept the Rangers in there own end for a long time before they finally pulled the goalie.

Now they have the second half of the home and home on Thursday. Need another great performance. 100 points in the standings.
Huge for the offense to come back to life in the third- especially against an A+ goalie. Hope we can keep the momentum going on Thursday.
Wolfer79
New York Rangers at Carolina MSG Network/Bally Sports South, 7 p.m.
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Toronto at Carolina CBC/Sportsnet (Ontario/West)/Bally Sports South, 7 p.m.
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Boston at Carolina Sportsnet (East/West)/Sportsnet 360/TVA Sports/NESN/Bally Sports South, 5 p.m
Wolfer79
Burnside: The Unrivaled Importance of Skip Cunningham
"Who has had more of an impact on the organization than Skip Cunningham?"

https://www.nhl.com/hurricanes/news/burnside-the-unrivaled-importance-of-skip-cunningham/c-337920830
DrummerboyWolf
Canes will be wearing the Hartford Green today against the Bruins. Old New England rivalry continued!

Big win against the Leafs last night. Toronto threw everything at Pyotor Kochetkov and he was up to the challenge. He played really well.
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Tampa Bay at Carolina TVA Sports/Bally Sports Sun/Bally Sports South, 7 p.m.
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Carolina at Detroit ESPN+/Hulu, 7:30 p.m.
Wolfer79
Hockey Night in Canada
Carolina at Montreal City TV/Sportsnet East/TVA Sports/Bally Sports South, 7 p.m
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.