Carolina Hurricanes

104,750 Views | 1517 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by Wolfer79
Wolfer79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs
Conference Quarterfinals

Eastern Conference
Game 7, TD Garden, Boston, MA
Florida Panthers at Boston Bruins TNT (Brendan Burke/Darren Pang//Jackie Redmond)/CBC/Sportsnet (John Shorthouse/John Garrett//Caroline Cameron)/TVA Sports/Bally Sports Florida (Steve Goldstein/Randy Moller//Jessica Blaylock)/NESN (Jack Edwards/Andy Brickley//Andrew Raycroft), 6:30 p.m. (series tied 3-3)

Western Conference
Game 7, Ball Arena, Denver, CO
Seattle Kraken at Colorado Avalanche TNT (Kenny Albert/Eddie Olczyk//Shane Hnidy)/Sportsnet/TVA Sports/Root Sports (John Forslund/J.T. Brown//Alison Lukan)/Altitude (Marc Moser/Mark Raycroft//Katie Gaus), 9:30 p.m. (series 3-3)
Glasswolf
Door just swung open wide canes
Wolfer79
NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs
Conference Quarterfinals
Eastern Conference
Game 7, Prudential Center, Newark, NJ
New York Rangers at New Jersey Devils ESPN (Sean McDonough/Ray Ferraro//Emily Kaplan)/Sportsnet/TVA Sports/MSG Network (Sam Rosen/Joe Micheletti)/MSG SportsNet (Bill Spaulding/Ken Daneyko/Bryce Salvador), 8 p.m. (series tied 3-3)
DrummerboyWolf
Bruins lose to the Panther in OT. Florida tied the game at 3 with just under a minute to go in regulation. They had led 2-0, but then Boston scored 3 in a row, including 2 early in the 3rd.

Canes will maintain home ice as long as they keep advancing, which could be huge down the road. Get some rest and get as healthy as they can, then ramp it up for either the Devils or the Rangers. I personally think the Devils would be a better match up mainly because of Shersterkin. The Rangers had been in a scoring funk, but may have come out of it Saturday.
Being an N. C. State fan builds great character!
jadawson
I have bad memories of playing @ MSG. Most of those are tied to Lundqvist but still...Even if NJ is a slightly better team i dont want to play @ MSG.

SportManagementEngineer
jadawson said:

I have bad memories of playing @ MSG. Most of those are tied to Lundqvist but still...Even if NJ is a slightly better team i dont want to play @ MSG.

Agreed, I'd rather play the Devils if only for the goalie difference. Shesterkin isn't Lundqvist but he's the best goalie remaining in the east.
Twitter: @JJwith2Jays
TheStorm
I'd rather play the Devils as well.
Wolfer79
NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs
Conference Quarterfinals

Eastern Conference
Game 1, Scotiabank Arena, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Florida Panthers at Toronto Maple Leafs ESPN (Steve Levy/AJ Mleczko//Dom Moore)/CBC/Sportsnet (Chris Cuthbert/Craig Simpson//Kyle Bukauskas)/TVA Sports, 7 p.m.

Western Conference
Game 1, American Airlines Center, Dallas, TX
Seattle Kraken at Dallas Stars ESPN (Bob Wischusen/Brian Boucher//Leah Hextall)/CBC/Sportsnet/TVA Sports, 9:30 p.m.
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs
Conference Quarterfinals
Eastern Conference
Game 1, PNC Arena, Raleigh, NC
New Jersey Devils at Carolina Hurricanes ESPN (Sean McDonough/Ray Ferraro//Emily Kaplan)/Sportsnet (East/Ontario/Pacific) (John Bartlett/Garry Galley//Ryan Leslie)/TVA Sports, 7 p.m.

Western Conference
Game 1, T-Mobile Arena, Paradise, NV
Edmonton Oilers at Vegas Golden Knights ESPN (Bob Wischusen/Brian Boucher//Linda Cohn)/CBC/Sportsnet (Harnarayan Singh/Louie DeBrusk//Gene Principe)/TVA Sports, 9:30 p.m.
Wolfer79
#Devils at #Hurricanes
Stanley Cup Playoffs
East 2nd Round, Gm 1
7 pm ET
ESPN

Sean McDonough (pbp), @rayferrarotsn (analyst) & @emilymkaplan (reporter) #NHL #NHLPlayoffs #StanleyCupPlayoffs

Wolfer79
Sad news today out of Connecticut, where graphic designer Peter Good, who in 1979 created one of the uni-verse's best and most popular logos for the Hartford Whalers, has passed away.

https://uni-watch.com/2023/05/03/peter-good-who-designed-the-hartford-whalers-logo-has-died/
DrummerboyWolf
Great start for the Canes tonight. They came out and their legs were fresh and the dominated the first period. I always worry when a team gets out of their rhythm of playing every other day, but the rest did help the Hurricanes tonight.

Great contributions from pretty much everybody. The defense shut down Hughes and the Devils pretty much the whole game. All the pundits said the Canes couldn't keep up with the Devils' speed. As Shane Willis said on Hurricanes Live, "I want to know how the Devil's are going to match the Canes speed.

The ABC crew was so pro New Jersey the whole game. Not Sean McDonough with the play by play, but Ferraro for most of the first 2 periods and Subban in the intermission report. Ferraro wrongly stated that New Jersey's defense was the leading goal scoring defense when it was the Canes who led the NHL. We know you guys want the New York area for your ratings, but how about giving a little credit it where it's due. Down two key players(Pacioretty did not play enough) and we still kicked New Jersey's ass. Only one game and the games will only get tougher, but I like the Hurricanes chances after 1.
BBW12OG
The broadcast crew was awful. You should expect that from a pro-NY paid crew.

F'em........ in 2006 it was the biggest partisan broadcast booth I have ever had to listen to.

Would love to see Edmonton again in the finals for old times sake. But.... LV looks ridiculously good......

Not putting the cart before the horse but if we keep up the momentum we should win the East.
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
- Thomas Jefferson
Wolfer79
NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs
Conference Semifinals
Eastern Conference
Game 2, Scotiabank Center, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Florida Panthers at Toronto Maple Leafs TNT (Brendan Burke/Darren Pang//Aly Lozoff)/CBC/Sportsnet (Chris Cuthbert/Craig Simpson//Kyle Bukauskas)/TVA Sports, 7 p.m. (Florida leads series, 1-0)

Western Conference
Game 2, American Airlines Center, Dallas, TX
Seattle Kraken at Dallas Stars TNT (Alex Faust/Jennifer Botterill//Tarik El-Bashir)/CBC/Sportsnet (John Bartlett/John Garrett//Ryan Leslie)/TVA Sports, 9:30 p.m. (Seattle leads series, 1-0)
Wolfer79
NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs
Conference Semifinals
Eastern Conference
Game 2, PNC Arena, Raleigh, NC
New Jersey Devils at Carolina Hurricanes TNT (Kenny Albert/Keith Jones//Colby Armstrong)/Sportsnet/TVA Sports, 8 p.m. (Carolina leads series, 1-0)

dwanna
BBW12OG said:

The broadcast crew was awful. You should expect that from a pro-NY paid crew.

F'em........ in 2006 it was the biggest partisan broadcast booth I have ever had to listen to.

Would love to see Edmonton again in the finals for old times sake. But.... LV looks ridiculously good......

Not putting the cart before the horse but if we keep up the momentum we should win the East.

Yeah I can't remember which game, but in the 1st series Aho had a short handed goal, and it was such a terrible call on TV. Just been listening to Canes radio over the TV broadcast since then.

Don't have to worry about it tonite cuz I will be in the building!
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
#Devils at #Hurricanes
Stanley Cup Playoffs
East 2nd Round, Gm 2
8 pm ET
TNT

@KennyAlbert (pbp), Keith Jones (analyst) & @armdog (analyst) #NHL #NHLPlayoffs #StanleyCupPlayoffs

Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Cornpack
Cornpack
I wanna believe
Retired internet funny guy
DrummerboyWolf
Another dominating performance in Game 2 for the Canes. They withstood the push early by the Devils and then the 2 power plays that was a 5 on 3 for about 23 seconds, then they just took over the game. They kept building and then just lambasted NJ in the second period. It was great that they scored right after a goal taken off the board. Rod was thinking about challenging the call, but it worked out in the long run.

I think 12 players had points. We're missing Svech and Turbo, but other guys are stepping up and everybody is working their tails off every shift. Keep it going guys!

Keep the pressure on them Sunday and come back with at least one win in Newark and this series is over. Sunday should be a great game and if the Canes can put any semblance of what they did in games 1 & 2, then it will be very difficult for the Devils to win.

Wolfer79
NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs
Conference Semifinals
Western Conference
Game 2, T-Mobile Arena, Paradise, NV
Edmonton Oilers at Vegas Golden Knights CBC/Sportsnet (Harnarayan Singh/Louie DeBrusk//Gene Principe)/TVA Sports/TNT (John Forslund/Shane Hnidy//Jody Shelley), 7 p.m. (Vegas leads series, 1-0)

Wolfer79
Wolfer79
dwanna
Last night was super fun! What an atmosphere at PNC.

Canes holding home ice is awesome. Get at least 1 game on the road, and then finish game 5 in Raleigh if needed.

Coming into these playoffs I thought conference semis was probably this team's ceiling (due to injuries), but at this point, they could seriously push to the Cup finals.

Freddie and Anttie have been a helluva duo so far!
Wolfer79
NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs
Conference Semifinals

Eastern Conference
Game 3, Prudential Center, Newark, NJ
Carolina Hurricanes at New Jersey Devils TBS (Kenny Albert/Eddie Olczyk/Keith Jones)/Sportsnet One/TVA Sports, 3:30 p.m. (Carolina leads series, 2-0)

Game 3, FLA Live Arena, Sunrise, FL
Toronto Maple Leafs at Florida Panthers CBC/Sportsnet (Chris Cuthbert/Craig Simpson//Kyle Bukauskas)/TVA Sports, 6:30 p.m. (Florida leads series, 2-0)

Western Conference
Game 3, Climate Pledge Arena, Seattle, WA
Dallas Stars at Seattle Kraken TBS (Alex Faust/Patrick Sharp/Jennifer Botterill)/Sportsnet (John Bartlett/Garry Galley//Ryan Leslie)/TVA Sports, 9:30 p.m. (series tied 1-1)
Wolfer79
SniderFC
Nothing like allowing 3 goals on 8 shots in 15 minutes.
SportManagementEngineer
Flush it and move on. Some bad bounces early and ewe never got to our game. I expect game four to be another grind.
Twitter: @JJwith2Jays
DrummerboyWolf
Not a great game and New Jersey got the early bounces. Necas hit's the post then they score. Noesen gets a stick on the pass to Hughes but it goes right to him anyway and he buried. 2 more posts during the game.

Might be the worst game the Canes have played all year, but they are fine. I agree that Tuesday will be a grind and will be a different story. They still may not win, but I don't think they will get blown out again.
Wolfer79
NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs
Conference Semifinals
Western Conference
Game 3, Rogers Place, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Vegas Golden Knights at Edmonton Oilers CBC/Sportsnet (Harnarayan Singh/Louie DeBrusk//Gene Principe)/TVA Sports/ESPN (Bob Wischusen/Brian Boucher//Linda Cohn), 8:30 p.m
Wolfer79
NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs
Conference Semifinals

Eastern Conference
Game 4, Prudential Center, Newark, NJ
Carolina Hurricanes at New Jersey Devils CBC/Sportsnet (John Bartlett/Garry Galley//Ryan Leslie)/TVA Sports/ESPN (Sean McDonough/Ray Ferraro//Emily Kaplan), 7 p.m. (Carolina leads series, 2-1)

Western Conference
Game 4, Climate Pledge Arena, Seattle, WA
Dallas Stars at Seattle Kraken ESPN (Bob Wischusen/Brian Boucher//Linda Cohn)/Sportsnet/TVA Sports, 9:30 p.m. (Seattle leads series, 2-1)

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.