Carolina Hurricanes

100,023 Views | 1484 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Wolfer79
Wolfer79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs
Stanley Cup Final
Game 2, Ball Arena, Denver, CO
Tampa Bay Lightning at Colorado Avalanche ABC/ESPN+/CBC/Sportsnet/TVA Sports, 8 p.m. (Colorado leads series 1-0)
Wolfer79
NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs
Stanley Cup Final
Game 3, Amalie Arena, Tampa, FL
Colorado Avalanche at Tampa Bay Lightning ABC/ESPN+/CBC/Sportsnet/TVA Sports, 8 p.m. (Colorado leads series 2-0)
Wolfer79
NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs
Stanley Cup Final
Game 4, Amalie Arena, Tampa, FL
Colorado Avalanche at Tampa Bay Lightning ABC/ESPN+/CBC/Sportsnet/TVA Sports, 8 p.m. (Colorado leads series 2-1)
Wolfer79
NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs
Stanley Cup Final
Game 5, Ball Arena, Denver, CO
Tampa Bay Lightning at Colorado Avalanche ABC/ESPN+/CBC/Sportsnet/TVA Sports, 8 p.m. (Colorado leads series 3-1)
DrummerboyWolf
Avalanche got a gift on the game winning OT goal the other night. They had too many men on the ice and it should have been a penalty. The officials and the NHL have mud all over their faces on this one.
Being an N. C. State Fan Builds Great Character
Wolfer79
E:60 'Unrivaled' review: Avalanche-Red Wings rivalry documentary stylishly delivers in big way in some areas, but misses in others https://t.co/JQ7FxUwOsW https://t.co/NPh15o9x3o
Wolfer79
#Lightning at #Avalanche
Stanley Cup Final, Game 5
8 pm ET/6 pm MT
ABC

Sean McDonough (pbp), @rayferrarotsn (analyst), @BrianBoucher33 (analyst) & @emilymkaplan (reporter) #NHL #StanleyCup
Cornpack

The Canes' AHL affiliate wins the Calder Cup
Retired internet funny guy
Wolfer79
NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs
Stanley Cup Final
Game 6, Amalie Arena, Tampa, FL
Colorado Avalanche at Tampa Bay Lightning ABC/ESPN+/CBC/Sportsnet/TVA Sports, 8 p.m. (Colorado leads series 3-2)
Wolfer79
#Avalanche at #Lightning
Stanley Cup Final, Game 6
8 pm ET
ABC

Sean McDonough (pbp), @rayferrarotsn (analyst), @BrianBoucher33 (analyst) & @emilymkaplan (reporter) #NHL #StanleyCup
Steve Videtich
Wolfer79 said:

E:60 'Unrivaled' review: Avalanche-Red Wings rivalry documentary stylishly delivers in big way in some areas, but misses in others https://t.co/JQ7FxUwOsW https://t.co/NPh15o9x3o

Enjoyed watching this. Surprised it seemed very RedWing centric. Thought it was very classy how the RedWing fans conducted themselves in the bar/ restaurant during the show.
Wolfer79
NHL
2022 Hockey Hall of Fame Inductee Announcement NHL Network, 3 p.m.
NHL Tonight: Stanley Cup Final Edition NHL Network, 3:30 p.m.
The Point ESPN2, 5 p.m.
NHL Tonight: Stanley Cup Final Edition NHL Network, 8:30 p.m.
Wolfer79
The Sedins, Alfredsson, Luongo, Riikka Sallinen are the five players headed to the Hockey Hall of Fame. Herb Carnegie in as a builder.

No Rod Brind'Amour.

FlossyDFlynt
Steve Videtich said:

Wolfer79 said:

Enjoyed watching this. Surprised it seemed very RedWing centric. Thought it was very classy how the RedWing fans conducted themselves in the bar/ restaurant during the show.
Very much enjoyed this. Probably the best thing Ive seen from ESPN since Survive and Advance. It was really interesting to see how McCarty and Lemeiux interacted in present day. A lot of people could learn a lesson or two from them
TheStorm
FlossyDFlynt said:

Steve Videtich said:

Wolfer79 said:

Very much enjoyed this. Probably the best thing Ive seen from ESPN since Survive and Advance. It was really interesting to see how McCarty and Lemeiux interacted in present day. A lot of people could learn a lesson or two from them
Haha! Watched it in the middle of the night last night myself as well... NHL should have killed Detroit after that Game 4 debacle in the 1997 series... that was criminal in intent and execution on the Wings part. (and don't try to tell me that's just how hockey was back then, because no it wasn't).
Wolfer79
The Stadium Series game at Carter-Finley Stadium is Feb. 18 at 8 p.m. against the Capitals.
SportManagementEngineer
Wolfer79 said:

The Stadium Series game at Carter-Finley Stadium is Feb. 18 at 8 p.m. against the Capitals.
Bart Scott voice: Can't wait!
Twitter: @JJwith2Jays
Wolfer79
Canes will be receiving 2nd, 3rd and 4th round picks from Philly for DeAngelo
dwanna
Wolfer79 said:

This move makes me nervous. That's a pretty big hole to fill.
FlossyDFlynt
dwanna said:

Wolfer79 said:

I do want to see the replacement, but not terribly worked up about this. TDA had a great regular season, but when the pressure ramped up in the playoffs, he cracked. Given that pretty much everyone on the defensive line (except Slavin who has an extra year on the contract) will have to be resigned in the next two off-season's, I can see why you move on.

But you have to find someone to run the point on the power play. No one on the roster right now is good enough to do that.
bgr3
dwanna said:

Wolfer79 said:

Just like any asset: buy low, sell high. Tony D was worth very little to the market when the Canes signed him, got a good year out of him (much better than NJ got from Dougie, for 1/8th the price. I know Dougie was injured, but its a results based business). Now, instead of giving him a lot of money, they flip him for some assets that he wouldn't have been worth a year ago. I like Tony, stuck up for him from the start, wanted him to stay around, but objectively this seems like a good move to me.
TheStorm
Wolfer79 said:

How do Wolfpack Club members get tickets locked up right now?

Cane's Season Ticket Holders will be first priority obviously (after the dignitaries), but I would imagine that WPC would be next determinable factor after that (up to a certain allotment and only for a certain period of time)...

Anybody seen anything about what the ticket price structure might look like is?
dwanna
FlossyDFlynt said:

dwanna said:

Wolfer79 said:

I do want to see the replacement, but not terribly worked up about this. TDA had a great regular season, but when the pressure ramped up in the playoffs, he cracked. Given that pretty much everyone on the defensive line (except Slavin who has an extra year on the contract) will have to be resigned in the next two off-season's, I can see why you move on.

But you have to find someone to run the point on the power play. No one on the roster right now is good enough to do that.
Certainly not saying he is irreplaceable... And honestly, you could say that much of the team was underwhelming during playoffs.

Part of me was hoping maybe the Canes would catch a slight discount since the gambled on him last year, and they could swing a deal that way. I'm not really worried or anything, but I was hoping we may be able to keep him.
dwanna
bgr3 said:

dwanna said:

Wolfer79 said:

Just like any asset: buy low, sell high. Tony D was worth very little to the market when the Canes signed him, got a good year out of him (much better than NJ got from Dougie, for 1/8th the price. I know Dougie was injured, but its a results based business). Now, instead of giving him a lot of money, they flip him for some assets that he wouldn't have been worth a year ago. I like Tony, stuck up for him from the start, wanted him to stay around, but objectively this seems like a good move to me.

He was an awesome Dougie replacement at that price. I don't think 5m per is that high based on his performance last year (51 points), but I'm not shocked the Canes didn't want to pay that. Had hoped they could get him back on some sort of discount.

Getting those picks for him in itself is a good move based on the investment made. Just gotta hope they can find another guy like that for 1m again this year...
wolfman18
anyone else see the rumors swirling around on the bird app today?
Cornpack
Got confirmed by Kriss on Twitter. I won't go to much into it because I want to respect his wishes for privacy but he is a king who is in my prayers. He is going to make some girl who appreciates him incredibly happy one day and I'm glad we have strong men of character like him involved with our football program.
Retired internet funny guy
DrummerboyWolf
bgr3 said:

dwanna said:

Wolfer79 said:

Waddell said they were trying to resign him but he thought they could not because of the money DeAngelos was asking.

"Carolina's General Manager said that the team had talked to DeAngelo and his representation about an extension, but when it was clear that it wasn't going to get done, the Canes did their best to maximize the return value. When asked if it was a difference in term or money, Waddell said, "probably the money."

https://www.nhl.com/hurricanes/news/canes-day-two-draft-recap/c-334880618

Being an N. C. State Fan Builds Great Character
Ellesdad
Abby's career will have a hard time recovering from this.

Hate it for Kris's. Seems like a great guy.
Tootie4Pack
Ellesdad said:

She will have a hard time getting a media job anywhere in this region. It's pretty bad when your employer , Bally Sports, puts out a tweet and list your name and the allegations against said employee. On immediate administrative leave.
Daviewolf83
Tootie4Pack said:

Ellesdad said:

She will have a hard time getting a media job anywhere in this region. It's pretty bad when your employer , Bally Sports, puts out a tweet and list your name and the allegations against said employee. On immediate administrative leave.
She is done in this market and will have to work very hard to find another market for employment. It is a harsh business and their is a lot of competition for jobs like hers. She was pulled from broadcasts late in the season (I suspected Covid at the time, but now we know the reason) and I would be very surprised if her contract did not include a non-fraternization clause. I was told a couple of years ago that this clause is included in some of the employee contracts. If her contract included one, she can be fired with cause.

As to Cole, I believe he is an unrestricted free-agent and I will be shocked if the returns to the Canes next year. I feel really badly for his wife and young child.
ntcstate13
Not sure what tweet you saw, was it real? But I agree, if she has a current contract no way it is renewed, she's done. She's going to have to move to the PNW to hit reset if she wants a job.
caryking
ntcstate13 said:

Not sure what tweet you saw, was it real? But I agree, if she has a current contract no way it is renewed, she's done. She's going to have to move to the PNW to hit reset if she wants a job.

I'm also hearing that Andre S is also involved with her. Can't find the article at this point…
On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
jadawson
caryking said:

ntcstate13 said:

I'm also hearing that Andre S is also involved with her. Can't find the article at this point…

I think this was just a rumor because someone posted a screenshot of some messages where her Fiance said Ian Cole wasn't the only one (these messages are not confirmed to even be real), and then there was also a photo going around of Abby and Andre at a bar together. Could be true, but it could also just be a picture at a bar and lots of assumptions being made.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.