Carolina Hurricanes

100,083 Views | 1485 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by PackBacker07
Wolfer79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Carolina at Calgary City TV/Sportsnet West/Bally Sports South, 10 p.m.
Wolfer79
Recap: Canes Suffer Overtime Defeat In Calgary, 3-2

https://www.nhl.com/hurricanes/news/recap-canes-suffer-overtime-defeat-in-calgary-3-2/c-336698016
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Hurricanes win 3-2 and finish the road trip 3-1-1.

TheStorm
NHQ: Can someone explain to me how in the hell the Detroit Red Wings are somehow now in the Eastern Conference - and more specifically, the Atlantic Division? That's totally insane.
jadawson
TheStorm said:

NHQ: Can someone explain to me how in the hell the Detroit Red Wings are somehow now in the Eastern Conference - and more specifically, the Atlantic Division? That's totally insane.

Seattle got an expansion team last year. Detroit was probably the easternmost city in the conference to move to balance divisions
Wolfer79
TheStorm
Yeah, I mean obviously I knew the answer to my own question before I made that post, but felt that it still deserved to be asked... Nashville (although technically further west, I know) just seemed like a much more logical choice in this instance.

Red Wings were separated from their one true historical rival and fellow "Original Six" member in Chicago... and it left Chicago as the only "Original Six" member in the Western Conference... then I think back to the fairly recent 30 for 30 on the Colorado / Detroit rivalry from the 90's... and it just seems so "stupid" not only to see them in the Eastern Conference now, but yet in a division named the "Atlantic".
Wolfer79
New York Islanders at Carolina MSG SportsNet 2/Bally Sports South, 7 p.m.
Wolfer79
Islanders 6
Hurricanes 2

What's Next?
The Canes are scheduled to travel to Philadelphia post-game for the second half of their back-to-back set. The team will take on the Flyers at the Wells Fargo Center Saturday night at 7 p.m
Wolfer79
Carolina at Philadelphia Bally Sports South/NBC Sports Philadelphia, 7 p.m.
Wolfer79
Saturday
Hurricanes 4
Flyers 3
Wolfer79
Washington at Carolina NHL Network/TVA Sports/NBC Sports Washington Plus/Bally Sports South, 7 p.m.
SportManagementEngineer
TheStorm said:

Yeah, I mean obviously I knew the answer to my own question before I made that post, but felt that it still deserved to be asked... Nashville (although technically further west, I know) just seemed like a much more logical choice in this instance.

Red Wings were separated from their one true historical rival and fellow "Original Six" member in Chicago... and it left Chicago as the only "Original Six" member in the Western Conference... then I think back to the fairly recent 30 for 30 on the Colorado / Detroit rivalry from the 90's... and it just seems so "stupid" not only to see them in the Eastern Conference now, but yet in a division named the "Atlantic".
I believe for a long time Detroit was the only team in the eastern time zone in the western conference, so moving them over made sense to give their fans less late games as well.
Twitter: @JJwith2Jays
Wolfer79
Hurricanes 3
Capitals 2
Wolfer79
Carolina at Tampa Bay Bally Sports South/Bally Sports Sun, 7 p.m.
Wolfer79
Hurricanes 4
Lightning 3
shootout
Wolfer79
Friday
Hurricanes 5
Sabres 3
Wolfer79
Hurricanes: Host Toronto on Sunday 5pm
Wolfer79
Toronto at Carolina ESPN/TSN4/TVA Sports, 5 p.m.
Wolfer79
ONE NIGHT ONLY!

@HootieTweets is coming to Raleigh, the night before the Stadium Series Game

Menu
Hootie & the Blowfish
Hootie & the Blowfish
with SUSTO
On Sale Soon
Date
Feb 17, 2023
Event Time
8:00 PM
Doors Open
7:00 PM
Availability
Nov 11 at 10:00 AM

Diamond-certified and two-time GRAMMY Award-winning band Hootie & the Blowfish return to their Carolina roots with a one-night-only headlining show. The show serves as a pre-party for fans in advance of the Carolina Hurricanes outdoor game, where they will face off against the Washington Capitals on Saturday, Feb. 18 at Carter-Finley Stadium. Joining the one-night-only concert as direct support is indie rock band SUSTO, who also hail from the Carolinas.

With the rich, bluesy vocals of Darius Rucker and gleeful harmonies of guitarist Mark Bryan, bassist Dean Felber and drummer Jim "Soni" Sonefeld, Hootie & the Blowfish have sold over 25 million records worldwide to date after their infectious melodies hit the airwaves in 1994 with hits such as "Hold My Hand," "Let Her Cry" and "Only Wanna Be With You." Their blend of pop, folk, blues, soul and rock made them hard to pigeonhole, but easily accessible to anyone who loved good music.

Atlantic Records, impressed by their regional draw, signed them and released Cracked Rear View in 1994. The album had been out for six months before the band played on the "Late Show with David Letterman" which sent sales skyrocketing, eventually landing at No. 1 on the Billboard chart the following spring. Cracked Rear View and the band went on to win two GRAMMY Awards, an MTV Video Music Award, a Billboard Music Award and multiple People's Choice Awards. Cracked Rear View also earned the band Billboard's Band of the Year Award in 1996 and the RIAA's Diamond Award for sales in excess of 10 million units. At 21x Platinum, Cracked Rear View remains among the Top 10 best-selling studio albums in music business history.

The band remained a top draw nationwide following their debut and released five more albums for Atlantic: Fairweather Johnson, Musical Chairs, Scattered, Smothered & Covered, Hootie & the Blowfish and The Best of Hootie & the Blowfish, as well as Looking For Lucky on their own Sneaky Long Records and LIVE in Charleston, The Homegrown Concert Event DVD and CD. The band took a break from full-time touring in 2007, reuniting annually for a variety of philanthropic events while also pursuing solo projects. 2019 marked the band's first full-time touring year in over a decade as they embarked on the sold-out Group Therapy Tour in support of Imperfect Circle, released in late 2019 under a new record deal with Universal Music Group's Capitol Nashville.

Hootie & the Blowfish also launched their own personally curated festival in 2021, with HootieFest: The Big Splash bringing four days of nostalgia and modern rock to the beaches of Cancn, Mexico for an annual celebration of both music and offsite adventures.

Wolfer79
Carolina at Florida Bally Sports South/Bally Sports Florida Extra, 7 p.m.
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
November 12
Hurricanes @ Avalanche
9pm
Wolfer79
#Canes forward Teuvo Teravainen has been placed on injured reserve, retroactive to November 10.

Wolfer79
Carolina at Chicago Bally Sports South/NBC Sports Chicago, 8:30 p.m.
Wolfer79
Colorado at Carolina Altitude/Bally Sports South, 7 p.m.
Wolfer79

Carolina at Minnesota Bally Sports South/Bally Sports North Extra, 8 p.m.
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Carolina Panthers at Winnipeg Jets Sportsnet West/Bally Sports South, 7:30 p.m.
Wolfer79

"NHL Experiences" packages are available for the Stadium Series game in Raleigh. Includes: ticket, private Stanley Cup viewing, partner skating around the ice, viewing access to team practice, and a behind-the-scenes stadium tour. Looks like it's $299-649

Wolfer79
Arizona at Carolina Bally Sports Arizona/Bally Sports South, 7 p.m.
TheStorm
Wolfer79 said:

"NHL Experiences" packages are available for the Stadium Series game in Raleigh. Includes: ticket, private Stanley Cup viewing, partner skating around the ice, viewing access to team practice, and a behind-the-scenes stadium tour. Looks like it's $299-649

Unfortunately, I bought tickets to this (not the "NHL Experiences" above, just regular tickets) back when it was going to be a daytime game... now that they've moved it to 8:00 PM and I live on the coast, there's no way in hell that I'll find anyone to drive up there with me... probably will end up having to unload them, which totally sucks.

Why they've decided to play an outdoor showcase game at night is totally beyond me...
Wolfer79
Wolfer79

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.