Carolina Hurricanes

103,810 Views | 1515 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by DJncsu13
SportManagementEngineer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Canes looked like themselves tonight. Let's carry it up to NY and finish this in 6.
Twitter: @JJwith2Jays
Skylitdrive
Packchem91 said:

Finally Svech!!

Yep. Happy for him. He didn't seem right for a while. Hopefully that score gives him some confidence moving forward. We are gonna need that 1st line to produce some more if we move on and face Tampa.
Skylitdrive
Borowolf10 said:

Jarvis is a warrior. Takes a full swing stick to the teeth and is back 5 minutes later. Probably makes less than the lowest paid NBA player.

That dude is a beast and is hungry. My favorite player on the team. I may finally decide to put a name on the back of my sweaters and if so it's gonna be his
Wolfer79
Friday

Avalanche @ Blues
8pm
TNT
Avalanche lead series 3-2
Cornpack
As much as I'm enjoying this whole "just win every home game" thing because we have home ice advantage, we really need to finish this out on Saturday. Can't let Tampa rest up too much and we have to show we can win on the road if we need to.
Retired internet funny guy
SportManagementEngineer
Cornpack said:

As much as I'm enjoying this whole "just win every home game" thing because we have home ice advantage, we really need to finish this out on Saturday. Can't let Tampa rest up too much and we have to show we can win on the road if we need to.
Agreed. Bring the momentum from last night on the road.
DrummerboyWolf
Cornpack said:

Game time is 8 pm on Saturday night.

I disagree about Tampa, let them rest for a while. Yes it helps get them healthier and fresher, but it also blows up their timing. They are used to playing every other day. The last two times the Canes played short series, they laid an egg in the next round. Teams usually don't fare well the first game back after a long layoff. Tampa is experienced, but their timing will not be great on their first game no matter who it's against.
Being an N. C. State fan builds great character!
Wolfer79
Bell Tower Grey
Great game! I'd love to beat them in ny just to shut them up, if for no more than a few minutes. Carry last nights intensity into Saturday's game and I think we win.
FlossyDFlynt
Not at all Canes related, but this should be awesome

This is the rivalry that got me into hockey. Cannot wait
jadawson
FlossyDFlynt said:

Not at all Canes related, but this should be awesome

This is the rivalry that got me into hockey. Cannot wait
same here. The intensity of those games is unmatched today. So many stars and legends of the sport on those 2 rosters as well. The pre-cap era had some great rivalries.
Wolfer79
Saturday

Hurricanes @ Rangers
8pm
espn
Hurricanes lead series 3-2
Wolfer79
"I can't smile as well as they used to, but yeah, it's still awesome."

Hurricanes forward Seth Jarvis has gone from beaming rookie to battle-scarred playoff hero. He's gained many admirers most notably his coach, Rod Brind'Amour along the way.

https://t.co/NwIuu61Bm8
jadawson
Update from Tripp

Wolfer79
#Hurricanes at #Rangers
NHL Playoffs
East 2nd Round, Gm 6
8 pm ET
ESPN

Sean McDonough (pbp), @rayferrarotsn (analyst) & @emilymkaplan (reporter) #NHL #NHLPlayoffs #StanleyCup
SportManagementEngineer
Canes get it done tonight. Feels like we get vintage Svech tonight after he got to see one go in last game.
DrummerboyWolf
SportManagementEngineer said:

Canes get it done tonight. Feels like we get vintage Svech tonight after he got to see one go in last game.
I agree. I have a feeling they do finish it off tonight.

ETA: Because I said it the other night and got it right, I have to put the notice in there. "

I could be totally off base, but I feel good about their chances."
SportManagementEngineer
DrummerboyWolf said:

SportManagementEngineer said:

I agree. I have a feeling they do finish it off tonight.

ETA: Because I said it the other night and got it right, I have to put the notice in there. "

I could be totally off base, but I feel good about their chances."

Shesterkin looked off in game 5 as well. He gave up a bunch of rebounds and got beat a few times where he was bailed out by the crossbar/posts. He just wasn't as crisp as he was in games 1-4. I think you'll see the Canes look to put more pucks on net and create havoc in front. Carolina spent the first two games trying to be perfect (overtime goal excluded), with the forecheck working, I think the Canes blitz 'em.
SportManagementEngineer
Raanta drunk or something? Lord.
Bell Tower Grey
Game 7 in Raleigh, 8 pm, Monday.
SportManagementEngineer
Canes were the better team in that period haha
Bell Tower Grey
New goalie, same result. This road game mental block is mind boggling.
SportManagementEngineer
Per natural stat trick, even down 5-2 the expected goals per team:
Canes 3.16
Rangers 1.89

High danger chances are 19-10 Canes.

All about the goalies
Gopack80
Play with , eventually gonna get burned. If they do somehow win Monday, Tampa will wreck them.
SportManagementEngineer
Gopack80 said:

Play with , eventually gonna get burned. If they do somehow win Monday, Tampa will wreck them.
We'll worry about that when we get there. Canes were 2-0-1 against Tampa in the regular season.
Gopack80
Different Tampa team in the playoffs. And we can't get it done on the road. Hell, I'm not confident we get it done Monday night.
DrummerboyWolf
Well I was right for game 5 and wrong for game 6. Raanta was definitely not himself tonight. I thought Rod my pull him after the second goal.

Just have to stay out of the box and get something on the power play. They had opportunities tonight but Shersterkin was on his game. The loudest house in the NHL has to be louder than it has been.
Wolfer79
NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs
Eastern Conference Semifinal
Game 7, PNC Arena, Raleigh, NC
New York Rangers at Carolina Hurricanes ESPN/Sportsnet/TVA Sports, 8 p.m. (series tied 3-3)
Wolfer79
WarrenPeace
Oooof. Not looking good
Gopack80
Ovah. Canes messed around too much this series. Raanta can't lace Igor's skates. Another disappointing finish.
SniderFC
New York's goalie is an absolute wall.
engineercoach
Not looking good. I feel like they need to make a big shakeup to the roster this summer. All your best players disappeared down the stretch.
SportManagementEngineer
This sucks.
SniderFC
Game. Maybe next year.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.