Carolina Hurricanes

104,859 Views | 1517 Replies | Last: 11 hrs ago by Wolfer79
Wolfer79
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Reminder that TNT's coverage of the Stanley Cup Final -- which begins Saturday -- will be simulcast on both TruTV and TBS.*

(* except for a potential Game 5 June 13, which will be simulcast only on TruTV)
Wolfer79
NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs
Stanley Cup Final
Game 1, T-Mobile Arena, Paradise, NV
Florida Panthers at Vegas Golden Knights CBC/Sportsnet (Chris Cuthbert/Craig Simpson/Kyle Bukauskas)/TVA Sports/TNT (Kenny Albert/Eddie Olczyk/Keith Jones//Darren
Pang//Jackie Redmond)/TBS/truTV, 8 p.m.
Wolfer79
NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs
Stanley Cup Final
Game 2, T-Mobile Arena, Paradise, NV
Florida Panthers at Vegas Golden Knights CBC/Sportsnet (Chris Cuthbert/Craig Simpson//Kyle Bukauskas)/TVA Sports/TNT (Kenny Albert/Eddie Olczyk/Keith Jones/Darren Pang//Jackie Redmond)/TBS/truTV, 8 p.m. (Vegas leads series, 1-0)
Wolfer79
NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs
Stanley Cup Final
Game 3, FLA Live Arena, Sunrise, FL
Vegas Golden Knights at Florida Panthers CBC/Sportsnet (Chris Cuthbert/Craig Simpson//Kyle Bukauskas)/TVA Sports/TNT (Kenny Albert/Eddie Olczyk/Keith Jones/Darren Pang//Jackie Redmond)/TBS/truTV, 8 p.m. (Vegas leads series, 2-0)
Wolfer79
NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs
Stanley Cup Final
Game 4, FLA Live Arena, Sunrise, FL
Vegas Golden Knights at Florida Panthers CBC/Sportsnet (Chris Cuthbert/Craig Simpson/Kyle Bukauskas)/TVA Sports/TNT (Kenny Albert/Eddie Olczyk/Keith Jones/Darren Pang//Jackie Redmond)/TBS/truTV, 8 p.m.
Wolfer79
NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs
Stanley Cup Final
Game 5, T-Mobile Arena, Paradise, NV
Florida Panthers at Vegas Golden Knights CBC/Sportsnet (Chris Cuthbert/Craig Simpson/Kyle Bukauskas)/TVA Sports/TNT (Kenny Albert/Eddie Olczyk/Keith Jones/Darren Pang//Jackie Redmond)/truTV, 8 p.m. (Vegas leads series, 3-1)
Wolfer79
Former Hurricanes goaltender and goalie coach Tom Barrasso has been voted into the Hockey Hall of Fame.

Rod Brind'Amour not in again.

Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
FlossyDFlynt
Wolfer79 said:

I am legit floored he wanted four years. I was wondering if he was going to retire.

Good deal for both sides though
Wolfer79
NHL
2023 NHL Awards
Award Presentation, Bridgestone Arena, Nashville, TN
Hart Trophy, James Norris Memorial Trophy/Vezina Trophy/Lady Byng Trophy TNT/Sportsnet/TVA Sports, 8 p.m.
SportManagementEngineer
FlossyDFlynt said:

Wolfer79 said:

I am legit floored he wanted four years. I was wondering if he was going to retire.

Since he'll be over 35, if he retires before the contract expires, the Canes aren't penalized. My guess is there is something in the contract that makes the four years makes sense from a bonus/salary cap perspective.
Twitter: @JJwith2Jays
FlossyDFlynt
SportManagementEngineer said:

FlossyDFlynt said:

Wolfer79 said:

Since he'll be over 35, if he retires before the contract expires, the Canes aren't penalized. My guess is there is something in the contract that makes the four years makes sense from a bonus/salary cap perspective.
I would be shocked if he plays out the contract. I think it was more security for him just in case. If we win the cup anytime soon, I think he hangs it up immediately afterwards.

2.9 AAV is worth it solely for what he did to Jack Hughes in the playoffs
SportManagementEngineer
FlossyDFlynt said:

FlossyDFlynt said:

Wolfer79 said:

I would be shocked if he plays out the contract. I think it was more security for him just in case. If we win the cup anytime soon, I think he hangs it up immediately afterwards.

2.9 AAV is worth it solely for what he did to Jack Hughes in the playoffs
Yep, $2.9m feels team friendly with the future money that will need to be spent to keep the core together.
jadawson

FlossyDFlynt said:

Wolfer79 said:

Think you got that backwards. The canes won't be penalized if he retires early since he was under 35 when the contract was signed. The idea is that you can't sign a 37 year old to a 5 year contract to lower the AAV (average annual value) of the contract just for him to retire the next year as a way to game the system.

The AAV is also why the deal is lengthened. The contract essentially functions as a front loaded 3 year deal with only 2 mil being paid out in the last year. He gets his money up front with both sides knowing he may or may not use that 4th year but the canes get to lower the cap hit to 2.9m each of the first 3 years.
SportManagementEngineer
jadawson said:

FlossyDFlynt said:

Wolfer79 said:

Think you got that backwards. The canes won't be penalized if he retires early since he was under 35 when the contract was signed. The idea is that you can't sign a 37 year old to a 5 year contract to lower the AAV (average annual value) of the contract just for him to retire the next year as a way to game the system.

The AAV is also why the deal is lengthened. The contract essentially functions as a front loaded 3 year deal with only 2 mil being paid out in the last year. He gets his money up front with both sides knowing he may or may not use that 4th year but the canes get to lower the cap hit to 2.9m each of the first 3 years.
Got it. Thanks for clarifying.
Wolfer79
Hurricanes who received votes for NHL Awards:
J. Staal, Selke, 4th: 1-36-15-23-23
Aho, Selke, 28th: 0-0-0-1-2
Martinook, Selke, T-34th: 0-0-0-0-1
Burns, Norris, 10th: 0-2-2-3-8
Slavin, Norris, 17th: 0-0-0-1-0; Byng, 4th: 18-27-23-17-17
Brind'Amour, Adams, 6th: 0-5-7

Wolfer79
Wolfer79
NHL
2023 NHL Draft
Day 1, Bridgestone Arena, Nashville, TN
Round 1 ESPN (John Buccigross/Brian Boucher/Kevin Weekes//Emily Kaplan//Meghan Chayka)/Sportsnet/TVA Sports, 7 p.m.
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
NHL
2023 NHL Draft
Day 2, Bridgestone Arena, Nashville, TN
Rounds 2-7 NHL Network/ESPN+/Sportsnet/TVA Sports, 11 a.m.
DrummerboyWolf
Canes sign Dmitry Orlov to a 2 year deal. They have also resigned Raanta, Andersen, and Fast.

Pacioretty has signed with the Capitals.

https://www.nhl.com/hurricanes/news/canes-2023-free-agency-tracker/c-345153604
Being an N. C. State fan builds great character!
Wolfer79
Orlov Signing Proves Canes Have Become "A Destination Place"

Winning, Rod Brind'Amour, Caniacs, and the Raleigh area have all become factors in landing the league's best available free agent

https://www.nhl.com/hurricanes/news/orlov-signing-proves-canes-have-become-a-destination-place/c-345174558
Wolfer79
Take Warning Hockey Night presented by the @Canes returns to the DBAP on Friday, September 1!

Here's the jerseys we'll be wearing for Hockey Night on September 1! Replica Jerseys, plus caps are available now: https://bit.ly/444hCio Get your Hockey Night tickets here

Wolfer79
The NHL has announced the initial 2023-24 national television schedule.

Carolina is set to be featured 11 times, altering the start times of 7 games (bolded):

Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Hearing good chance Skyler Brind'Amour will be in Panthers lineup for Wednesday preseason game at PNC Arena. Two Brind'Amours will be excited if that happens.

FlossyDFlynt
Watched about half the game last night. You could definitely tell it was preseason. Freddie looked good in his limited action
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.