Carolina Hurricanes

105,080 Views | 1518 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by Wolfer79
Gopack80
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Just got lazy/sloppy there trying to clear at the end of the 4th.

Florida is going to be incredibly tough to close out. It was really important to get that W last night and we didn't do it.
DrummerboyWolf
Gopack80 said:

Just got lazy/sloppy there trying to clear at the end of the 4th.

Florida is going to be incredibly tough to close out. It was really important to get that W last night and we didn't do it.
They had played the equivalent of two games plus another whole period. I believe it was more likely fatigue than being lazy or sloppy. Tough game to over come, but it's still only one game. Brobrosky is going to be tough to beat.
Being an N. C. State fan builds great character!
SportManagementEngineer
The Canes could've certainly stolen that one, but the Panthers were the better team in 6 of the 7 periods. The Canes only looked like themselves in the third. Too many defensive breakdowns, miscommunications, and turnovers. I expect the Canes to look more like themselves in Game 2.
Twitter: @JJwith2Jays
TheStorm
Just for the record, my post was in reference to Hubert being chosen to wind the siren...
dwanna
SportManagementEngineer said:

The Canes could've certainly stolen that one, but the Panthers were the better team in 6 of the 7 periods. The Canes only looked like themselves in the third. Too many defensive breakdowns, miscommunications, and turnovers. I expect the Canes to look more like themselves in Game 2.
Yeah, this is kinda how I feel. I didn't think the Canes were the better team last night. But we still had chances to finish it in OT. (Jarvis off the bar was brutal)

I'll be there Saturday, but I'm fine if we just want to win that one in regular time.
SportManagementEngineer
dwanna said:

SportManagementEngineer said:

Yeah, this is kinda how I feel. I didn't think the Canes were the better team last night. But we still had chances to finish it in OT. (Jarvis off the bar was brutal)

I'll be there Saturday, but I'm fine if we just want to win that one in regular time.
I'll be at game 3 and maybe 4 in Florida. Canes just need to get game 2 and one of the games on the road and make it a 3 game series. The Canes top D pairs won't play that poorly again this series.
Wolfer79
NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs
Eastern Conference Final
Game 2, PNC Arena, Raleigh, NC
Florida Panthers at Carolina Hurricanes CBC/Sportsnet (Chris Cuthbert/Craig Simpson//Kyle Bukauskas)/TVA Sports/TNT (Kenny Albert/Eddie Olczyk/Keith Jones//Jackie Redmond), 8 p.m. (Florida leads series, 1-0)
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
SportManagementEngineer
Canes in a world of trouble because they can't score a damn goal. How many chances will Jordan Staal have before he puts one it? Good lord I rarely get mad watching the Canes but after they played like **** in game 1, thought we'd see more tonight.
griff17matt
Cornpack
Canes are flat out better than Florida but Bob is playing out of his mind right now. How do you beat a team that can score one time in regulation and win?
Retired internet funny guy
dwanna
No bueno
Wolfer79
NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs
Western Conference Final
Game 2, T-Mobile Arena, Paradise, NV
Dallas Stars at Vegas Golden Knights ABC (Sean McDonough/Ray Ferraro//Emily Kaplan)/CBC/Sportsnet (John Bartlett/Garry Galley//Scott Oake)/TVA Sports, 3 p.m. (Dallas leads series, 1-0)
Wolfer79
NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs
Eastern Conference Final
Game 3, FLA Live Arena, Sunrise, FL
Carolina Panthers at Florida Panthers CBC/Sportsnet (Chris Cuthbert/Craig Simpson//Kyle Bukauskas)/TVA Sports/TNT (Kenny Albert/Eddie Olczyk/Keith Jones//Jackie Redmond), 8 p.m. (Florida leads series, 2-0)
DJncsu13
Canes lost the first two games at home against Montreal in 2006 and won in 6. Let's do it again! Go Canes!
"For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack"
Follow me on twitter: @d_johnson13/@PackUniforms
SportManagementEngineer
I'll be there tonight. If they play like they in Game 2, they should win. Bobrovsky can't keep this up at his age and these long games.
FlossyDFlynt
This just feels like the Rangers series last year. The law of averages means Bob has to come back to earth at some point, but I dont know
ge_traveler
Bobrovsky playing unbelievably good
metcalfmafia
Didn't watch the Canes all year. Figured I'd watch the finals. Why they suck now? Genuinely curious, as I don't know anything about hockey.
Cornpack
metcalfmafia said:

Didn't watch the Canes all year. Figured I'd watch the finals. Why they suck now? Genuinely curious, as I don't know anything about hockey.

Their goalie is insanely hot. We have a higher expected goals amount for all 3 games they've won but he's made saves that a normal goalie wouldn't make in the situation. It happens.
Retired internet funny guy
jadawson
metcalfmafia said:

Didn't watch the Canes all year. Figured I'd watch the finals. Why they suck now? Genuinely curious.
bunch of reasons. Bobrovsky on a heater. Canes had an issue scoring goals in the regular season (2nd fewest goals of the Eastern playoff teams) plus we no longer have Svechnikov. Also the canes just dont have that alpha goal scoring winger that you need to win you games where its 50/50 otherwise. Aho and Svech are very good players, but they aren't alpha dog superstars to score a goal out of nowhere with any consistency (hope Svech can get there). Look at the teams that are consistently deep in the playoffs. Last year the Avs had 4 PPG players, Mackinnon and Rantanen being game changing players. The Lightning are always there and have Kucherov, Stamkos, Point. The Bruins are usually deep and have Pastrnak, Bergeron, Marchand. Tkachuk may be an ******* but he's that guy for Florida.

Scoring goals has been our achilles heel to end the past few playoff runs. We hoped Pacioretty would help with that but we gambled on an injured player and lost. Then Svech got hurt after the trade deadline and we were double screwed.
jadawson
Cornpack said:

metcalfmafia said:

Their goalie is insanely hot. We have a higher expected goals amount for all 3 games we've won but he's made saves that a normal goalie wouldn't make in the situation. It happens.
it happens to the canes every playoffs whether ist Lundqvist, shesterkin, Vasilevsky, or Bobrovsky. At some point we need to find a first line winger that can consistently put pucks in the net in the playoffs. Svech seemed like he was becoming that guy but an unlucky injury. Maybe Patches would have done it. Necas' disappearing act every playoffs is getting really old.
Wolfer79
NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs
Western Conference Final
Game 3, American Airlines Center, Dallas, TX
Vegas Golden Knights at Dallas Stars CBC/Sportsnet (John Bartlett/Garry Galley//Scott Oake)/TVA Sports/ESPN (Sean McDonough/Ray Ferraro//Emily Kaplan), 8 p.m. (Vegas leads series, 2-0)
dwanna
metcalfmafia said:

Just to pile on to previous responses here… it's been a vicious combination of bad bounces and phenomenal opposing goalie play.

Through regulation time in 3 games, Canes goalies have only given up 4 total goals, so that really should be good enough for at least A win. But it hasn't played out that way.

Let's at least get a win tomorrow and bring it back to Raleigh
Wolfer79
NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs
Eastern Conference Final
Game 4, FLA Live Arena, Sunrise, FL
Carolina Hurricanes at Florida Panthers CBC/Sportsnet (Chris Cuthbert/Craig Simpson//Kyle Bukauskas)/TVA Sports/TNT (Kenny Albert/Eddie Olczyk/Keith Jones//Jackie Redmond), 8 p.m. (Florida leads series, 3-0)
Wolfer79
ge_traveler
And Florida scores less than a minute into the game. It's hard to win games when you basically start with a deficit.
ge_traveler
And another goal by the Panthers. Halfway through the 1st period and down 2 goals. We can't even get organized on our power plays to scratch out a goal.
ge_traveler
Canes get one goal back.....2-1 at the end of the 1st period.
Wolfer79
NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs
Western Conference Final
Game 4, American Airlines Center, Dallas, TX
Vegas Golden Knights at Dallas Stars CBC/Sportsnet (John Bartlett/Garry Galley//Scott Oake)/TVA Sports/ESPN (Sean McDonough/Ray Ferraro//Emily Kaplan), 8 p.m. (Vegas leads series, 3-0)
dwanna
ge_traveler said:

Canes get one goal back.....2-1 at the end of the 1st period.
Brutal series. That one stung

Panthers had all the puck luck on top of some incredible play from Bobrovsky
jadawson
4 losses by 1 goal, two in OT and one with 5 seconds left in regulation. And all history will show is a sweep. Absolutely brutal.
Wolfer79
NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs
Western Conference Final
Game 5, T-Mobile Arena, Paradise, NV
Dallas Stars at Vegas Golden Knights ABC (Sean McDonough/Ray Ferraro//Emily Kaplan)/CBC/Sportsnet (John Bartlett/Garry Galley//Scott Oake)/TVA Sports, 8 p.m. (Vegas leads series, 3-1)
Wolfer79
NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs
Western Conference Final
Game 6, American Airlines Center, Dallas, TX
Vegas Golden Knights at Dallas Stars CBC/Sportsnet (John Bartlett/Garry Galley//Scott Oake)/TVA Sports/ESPN (Sean McDonough/Ray Ferraro//Emily Kaplan), 8 p.m. (Vegas leads series, 3-2)

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.