Carolina Hurricanes

104,772 Views | 1517 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by Wolfer79
Wolfer79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Wolfer79
Source: Diamond Sports is seeking to cut the broadcast fees it pays to the NHL and NBA by up to 20%; Diamond pays NBA teams about $600M a year

Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
NHL
Opening Night
Nashville at Tampa Bay ESPN/Sportsnet/TVA Sports, 5:30 p.m. John Buccigross/Ryan Callahan/Kevin Weekes
Chicago at Pittsburgh ESPN/Sportsnet/TVA Sports, 8 p.m. Sean McDonough/Ray Ferraro//Emily Kaplan
Seattle at Vegas ESPN/Sportsnet/TVA Sports, 10:30 p.m. Bob Wischusen/AJ Mleczko//Leah Hextall
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Ottawa at Carolina Sportsnet One/RDS/Bally Sports South, 7 p.m.
Wolfer79
Carolina at Los Angeles Bally Sports South/Bally Sports West, 10:30 p.m.
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Carolina at Anaheim Bally Sports South/Bally Sports SoCal, 8:30 p.m.
DrummerboyWolf
Canes won last night 6-5 in a shootout. Carolina led the whole way and was up 3-0, 4-1 and 5-2 at times but the Kings rallied in the 3rd period and tied it up with about a minute and a half left in the game after they pulled the goalie. Hurricanes had 2 more shorthanded goals and that gives them 3 in two games.

Shootout went 9 rounds and the Canes finally won it with a Jordan Martinook goal 3-2. Aho and Necas both scored must have goals to keep the shootout going. Freddie Andersen was magnificent in the shootout.
Being an N. C. State fan builds great character!
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Carolina at San Jos Bally Sports South/NBC Sports California, 10:30 p.m.
DrummerboyWolf
Canes storm back in the 3rd period last night to be San Jose 6-3. They scored 4 goals in about 4 minutes after dominating most of the game before that but still trailing 3-2. Jacob Slavin got another shorthanded goal for the Canes and that now makes 4 in 4 games.

Aho was scratched right before the game with an upper body injury and Freddy Andersen took one off the noggin early in the game and was taken out. Raanta came in and made some key saves to keep the Canes down only one.

https://www.nhl.com/hurricanes/video/recap-hurricanes-at-sharks-10-17-23-6339372285112
FlossyDFlynt
DrummerboyWolf said:

Canes storm back in the 3rd period last night to be San Jose 6-3. They scored 4 goals in about 4 minutes after dominating most of the game before that but still trailing 3-2. Jacob Slavin got another shorthanded goal for the Canes and that now makes 4 in 4 games.

Aho was scratched right before the game with an upper body injury and Freddy Andersen took one off the noggin early in the game and was taken out. Raanta came in and made some key saves to keep the Canes down only one.

https://www.nhl.com/hurricanes/video/recap-hurricanes-at-sharks-10-17-23-6339372285112
So on brand it hurts. Glad they pulled it out though
DrummerboyWolf
FlossyDFlynt said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

I think you are saying that they always dominate but find a way to lose? Maybe I am not understanding what you meant. The goalie for San Jose, Blackwood, made some outstanding saves to keep the Canes from being ahead. 2nd period was interrupted by lots of penalties, especially on the Canes.

Last year, Carolina had the 2nd most come from behind wins in the 3rd period. They had ten and Vegas had 11. They came back last night, despite not having Aho, Svech, Andersen, and DeAngelo had a 10 minute misconduct for the start of the 3rd period. They stayed on their game and won easily in the end. The Sharks are not great, but they still get paid to play too.

They had the 2nd best record in hockey last year. They have a good chance to compete for the top spot again this year if they can get just competent goal tending and stay relatively injury free. This is a really good team and could possibly be great. Scored 6 last night without arguably their top two offensive threats. There will be some struggles as there always are in an 82 game schedule, but as I said this is a really good team right now.
FlossyDFlynt
DrummerboyWolf said:

FlossyDFlynt said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

I think you are saying that they always dominate but find a way to lose? Maybe I am not understanding what you meant. The goalie for San Jose, Blackwood, made some outstanding saves to keep the Canes from being ahead. 2nd period was interrupted by lots of penalties, especially on the Canes.

Last year, Carolina had the 2nd most come from behind wins in the 3rd period. They had ten and Vegas had 11. They came back last night, despite not having Aho, Svech, Andersen, and DeAngelo had a 10 minute misconduct for the start of the 3rd period. They stayed on their game and won easily in the end. The Sharks are not great, but they still get paid to play too.

They had the 2nd best record in hockey last year. They have a good chance to compete for the top spot again this year if they can get just competent goal tending and stay relatively injury free. This is a really good team and could possibly be great. Scored 6 last night without arguably their top two offensive threats. There will be some struggles as there always are in an 82 game schedule, but as I said this is a really good team right now.
You misunderstood me. How often (even dating back to Bill Peters days) did we out shoot/out work a team and still find ourselves down in a game? Feels like it happens all the time. I will say, under Rod, they do seem to find a way to win these.

I missed last nights game and only caught part of the Anaheim game, but Ive liked what I have seen so far. I have found the defensive rotation a bit baffling (healthy scratching Chatfield seems counter productive). But its early and everyone is still figuring things out.
DrummerboyWolf
FlossyDFlynt said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

FlossyDFlynt said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

You misunderstood me. How often (even dating back to Bill Peters days) did we out shoot/out work a team and still find ourselves down in a game? Feels like it happens all the time. I will say, under Rod, they do seem to find a way to win these.

I missed last nights game and only caught part of the Anaheim game, but Ive liked what I have seen so far. I have found the defensive rotation a bit baffling (healthy scratching Chatfield seems counter productive). But its early and everyone is still figuring things out.
Gotcha! Sorry for the misunderstanding. Chatfiled looked good last night. DeAngelo got a BS penalty because he inadvertently ran into the ref or linesman. He did not like the call(and rightly so) and mouthed off and got the ten minute misconduct. I don't think he saw any action after his misconduct had expired. Orlov looked much better last night. The whole team was motoring last night and speed kills.
Wolfer79
Carolina at Seattle Bally Sports South/Root Sports, 10 p.m.
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Carolina at Colorado Bally Sports South/Altitude, 9 p.m.
Wolfer79
FlossyDFlynt
Gonna attempt to stay up for this, but the grill is going and the drinks are going down easy
DrummerboyWolf
Canes lose 6-4 to the Avalanche. Defense has really been mediocre so far. Pesce did not play last night and the penalty kill is getting decimated. Scoring, which always used to be the problem is not a problem right now. Even without Aho and Svech they are putting up enough to win. Goaltending has been so so early on. Pochetkov got the start last night and looked really good early on. He got no help later in the game and was hung out to dry on most of the goals.

3-3 so far with 5 of those games being on the road. They finish the road trip Tuesday against Tampa Bay. Last year after 12 games or so they were right at .500 then they went on a tear and got 27 of a possible 30 points or something like that. If they can get the defense and PK worked out, they will be fine. It seems like there is a lot more scoring all around this year, but I could be wrong on that. Early season and most teams still trying to get their stuff together.
Wolfer79
Carolina at Tampa Bay Bally Sports South/Bally Sports Sun, 7 p.m.
Wolfer79
Seattle at Carolina Root Sports/Bally Sports South, 7 p.m.
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
San Jos at Carolina NBC Sports California/Bally Sports South, 7 p.m.
DrummerboyWolf
Canes looked more like the Canes last night and a late goal set up by a great play by Brady Skeij eventually led to Necas securing the victory in OT. They are still developing as a team. Pesce had surgery and will be out a week or two more(don't know what it was) and Svech might be back tonight, but if not then Coach said soon. Here is the great play by Skeij which led to the tying goal by KK.

https://www.nhl.com/hurricanes/video/sea-car-kotkaniemi-scores-goal-against-kraken-6339939977112
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Carolina at Philadelphia Bally Sports South/NBC Sports Philadelphia, 7 p.m.
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Carolina at New York Rangers Bally Sports South/MSG Network, 7 p.m.
Wolfer79

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.