Carolina Hurricanes

100,031 Views | 1484 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by Wolfer79
Wolfer79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sunday

12:30pm
espn
Hurricanes @ Bruins
Hurricanes lead series 2-1

4:30pm
TBS
Wild @ Blues
Wild lead series 2-1

7pm
TBS
Maple Leafs @ Lightning
Maple Leafs lead series 2-1

10pm
Oilers @ Kings
TBS
Oilers lead series 2-1

Bell Tower Grey
Welp... coming back to Raleigh all tied up. I expect things to get more ugly from here out. Clearly these two teams don't like each other. Need to get things together quickly. Gave up way too many power plays and five on threes. Goalie may be what costs us the series, although I hope I'm wrong . Everyone has to step it up.
Steve Videtich
Bell Tower Grey said:

Welp... coming back to Raleigh all tied up. I expect things to get more ugly from here out. Clearly these two teams don't like each other. Need to get things together quickly. Gave up way too many power plays and five on threes. Goalie may be what costs us the series, although I hope I'm wrong . Everyone has to step it up.

Need to get more physical, especially in the backchecking.
Bell Tower Grey
Steve Videtich said:

Bell Tower Grey said:

Need to get more physical, especially in the backchecking.
Definitely. Boston has worn them out both games up there.
Wolfer79
Monday

Panthers @ Capitals
7pm
TBS
Capitals lead series 2-1

Rangers @ Penguins
7pm
espn
Penguins leads series 2-1

Avalance @ Predators
930pm
espn
Avalanche lead series 3-0

Flames @ Stars
TBS
Stars lead series 2-1
Wolfer79
Tuesday

Bruins @ Hurricanes
7pm espn
series tied 2-2

Lightning @ Maple Leafs
730pm
espn2
series tied 2-2

Bruins @ Wild
930pm
espn
series tied 2-2

Kings @ Oilers
10pm
espn2
series tied 2-2
Wolfer79
NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs

Eastern Conference Quarterfinals
Game 5, PNC Arena, Raleigh, NC
Boston Bruins at Carolina Hurricanes ESPN/Sportsnet 360/TVA Sports 2/NESN/Bally Sports South, 7 p.m. (series tied 2-2)

Game 5, Scotiabank Arena, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Tampa Bay Lightning at Toronto Maple Leafs ESPN2/CBC/Sportsnet/TVA Sports/Bally Sports Sun, 7:30 p.m. (series tied 2-2)

Western Conference Quarterfinals

Game 5, Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul, MN
St. Louis Blues at Minnesota Wild ESPN/Sportsnet 360/TVA Sports 2/Bally Sports Midwest/Bally Sports North, 9:30 p.m. (series tied 2-2)

Game 5, Rogers Place, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Los Angeles Kings at Edmonton Oilers ESPN2/CBC/Sportsnet/TVA Sports/Bally Sports SoCal, 10 p.m.
NHL Draft Lottery 2022 ESPN/Sportsnet, 6:30 p.m.
dwanna
I'll be there tonight.

Hope we play like our 1st 2 games and try to stay out of the penalty box.

Steve Videtich
They better bring a different level of physicality tonight! Get on Boston early and keep them in their heels. Need a win big tonight. Don't like the idea of going to Boston to save the series.
FlossyDFlynt
dwanna said:

I'll be there tonight.

If they stop beating themselves, they will win the series. They just pissed away both games in Boston with stupid, stupid penalties
SportManagementEngineer
FlossyDFlynt said:

dwanna said:

I'll be there tonight.

If they stop beating themselves, they will win the series. They just pissed away both games in Boston with stupid, stupid penalties
Yup. Feels like the Canes will right the ship tonight playing their game and getting second change so they can better pick matchups, and have a good chance to put them away on Thursday.
Twitter: @JJwith2Jays
Bell Tower Grey
Started out tonight great so far. Finally get a PP goal ! Great defense, physical checking. Don't need to let up because after winning the last 2, Boston knows they aren't out of it.

And a question - has anyone heard how the Boston guy is doing that the penalty box glass fell onto in game 3 ? Scary situation. Hope he's okay.
SportManagementEngineer
We're creating some puck luck tonight
Steve Videtich
Bell Tower Grey said:

Started out tonight great so far. Finally get a PP goal ! Great defense, physical checking. Don't need to let up because after winning the last 2, Boston knows they aren't out of it.

And a question - has anyone heard how the Boston guy is doing that the penalty box glass fell onto in game 3 ? Scary situation. Hope he's okay.

They said he was fine.
Skylitdrive
Way to respond fellas after the last two duds.
Steve Videtich
Rinse and repeat in Thursday. Put the Bruins down!
Bell Tower Grey
5 - 1 Win! Great game tonight. Take this same intensity back to Boston and close it out.
jadawson
Boston feeds so much off the momentum created in their offensive zone by their top line. We have such a large advantage at home being able to stick the 3rd line with Staal on them since Staal has been owning Bergeron on faceoffs and killing their zone pressure before it can begin. Need to find a way to counter that line on the road to have a chance in game 6
FlossyDFlynt
Amazing what happens when you dont take so many dumb penalties
Wolfer79
NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs

Game 5, Madison Square Garden, New York, NY
Pittsburgh Penguins at New York Rangers ESPN/CBC/Sportsnet/TVA Sports/AT&T SportsNet Pittsburgh/MSG Network, 7 p.m. (Pittsburgh leads series 3-1)

Game 5, FLA Live Arena, Sunrise, FL
Washington Capitals at Florida Panthers ESPN2/Sportsnet 360/TVA Sports 2/NBC Sports Washington/Bally Sports Florida, 7:30 p.m. (series tied 2-2)

Game 5, Scotiabank Saddledome, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Dallas Stars at Calgary Flames ESPN/CBC/Sportsnet/TVA Sports/Bally Sports Southwest, 9:30 p.m. (series tied 2-2)
Wolfer79
NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs

Game 6, TD Garden, Boston, MA
Carolina Hurricanes at Boston Bruins TNT/Sportsnet 360/TVA Sports 2/Bally Sports South/NESN, 7 p.m. (Carolina leads series 3-2)

Game 6, Amalie Arena, Tampa, FL
Toronto Maple Leafs at Tampa Bay Lightning TBS/CBC/Sportsnet/TVA Sports/Bally Sports Sun, 7:30 p.m. (Toronto leads series 3-2)

Game 6, Enterprise Center, St. Louis, MO
Minnesota Wild at St. Louis Blues TNT/Sportsnet 360/TVA Sports 2/Bally Sports North/Bally Sports Midwest, 9:30 p.m. (St. Louis leads series 3-2)

Game 6, Crypto.com Arena, Los Angeles, CA
Edmonton Oilers at Los Angeles Kings TBS/CBC/Sportsnet/TVA Sports/Bally Sports West, 10 p.m. (Los Angeles leads series 3-2)
Cornpack
Let's finish them off tonight y'all!
Retired internet funny guy
dwanna
I think Canes hit post or bar three times already. Down 1-0, something is gonna go
dwanna
Nothing from the 5 on 3 adv in 2nd is not good. Hopefully can take the game to 3rd down no more than 1
SportManagementEngineer
dwanna said:

Nothing from the 5 on 3 adv in 2nd is not good. Hopefully can take the game to 3rd down no more than 1
RBA should've called timeout before the 5-3
Bell Tower Grey
Special teams have sucked so far; another PP for us coming up for the high sticking call.

We look relatively slow and uninspired tonight. Don't understand it. Need to get it going here.
Steve Videtich
Not even getting good shots off at this point.
SportManagementEngineer
Here come the Canes penalties to even it up.
Cornpack
We are playing like crap
Retired internet funny guy
Steve Videtich
That's just an unfortunate bounce off of the defenseman right to the Bruin player with an open net.
SportManagementEngineer
Steve Videtich said:

That's just an unfortunate bounce off of the defenseman right to the Bruin player with an open net.
Aho didn't box him out.

Incredible to no show in a game six like this. Team looks disinterested.
Steve Videtich
SportManagementEngineer said:

Steve Videtich said:

Aho didn't box him out.

I don't understand it. This is the playoffs boys!
SniderFC
Just can't get a bounce. Had two shots hit the cross bar on the power plays and Boston is cashing in on their opportunities.
SportManagementEngineer
Steve Videtich said:

Steve Videtich said:

Aho didn't box him out.

I go back to that 5-3. RBA chose not use a timeout and get the guys regrouped. Some long shifts out there and we've been lifeless since.
Steve Videtich

Steve Videtich said:

Steve Videtich said:

Aho didn't box him out.

I go back to that 5-3. RBA chose not use a timeout and get the guys regrouped. Some long shifts out there and we've been lifeless since.

Not getting one there was a killer for sure. And probably gave them a momentum boost.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.