Carolina Hurricanes

105,000 Views | 1517 Replies | Last: 22 hrs ago by Wolfer79
SportManagementEngineer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Canes looked like an all star team in the second. What a performance. Let's close it out in 5.
Twitter: @JJwith2Jays
DrummerboyWolf
Great rebound game for the Canes. Devils started quickly and Pesce made a huge error on that goal, but he redeemed himself. After about the first 15 minutes, Carolina took control and did not let off the gas. Necas with two big goals off of bouncing pucks. Great hand/eye coordination on his part. 4 goals in just over 5 minutes sealed the deal pretty much in the second. The air was let out of the building, the fans were done and so was their team. Never seen so many people leave that early in a game.

Canes have now guaranteed themselves at least two more games at home. Take care of business on Thursday and get some rest. The PNC will be rocking and I think the Devils are going to be out. Hurricanes play like they did tonight and it will be very tough for New Jersey to extend.
Being an N. C. State fan builds great character!
Wolfer79
NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs
Conference Semifinals
Eastern Conference
Game 4, FLA Live Arena, Sunrise, FL
Toronto Maple Leafs at Florida Panthers CBC/Sportsnet (Chris Cuthbert/Craig Simpson/Kyle Bukauskas)/TVA Sports/ESPN (Steve Levy/AJ Mleczko//Dom Moore), 7 p.m. (Florida leads series, 3-0)

Western Conference
Game 4, Rogers Place, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Vegas Golden Knights at Edmonton Oilers CBC/Sportsnet (Harnarayan Singh/Louie DeBrusk//Gene Principe)/TVA Sports/ESPN (Mike Monaco/Ryan Callahan//Leah Hextall), 10 p.m. (Vegas leads series, 2-1)
Wolfer79
NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs
Conference Semifinals

Eastern Conference
Game 5, PNC Arena, Raleigh, NC
New Jersey Devils at Carolina Hurricanes CBC/Sportsnet (John Bartlett/Garry Galley//Ryan Leslie)/TVA Sports/TNT, 7 p.m. (Carolina leads series, 3-1)

Western Conference
Game 5, American Airlines Center, Dallas, TX
Seattle Kraken at Dallas Stars Sportsnet/TVA Sports/TNT, 9:30 p.m. (Dallas leads series, 3-1)
Wolfer79

This is the sixth time the @Canes will get a chance to close out a #StanleyCup playoff series in Game 5.

They are 1-4 in their first five opportunities, including the home loss to the Isles in Round 1

TheStorm
^ I sure don't miss seeing that sht...
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
FlossyDFlynt

Whoever is doing the Canes graphics need a raise. "Have a blessed stay" got a legit LOL out of me
Wolfer79
Cornpack
Not only is he great, but he used to do work with State football! https://twitter.com/jp_ridenour?t=R43UkEtnxqPh9U1aVDgBQQ&s=09
Retired internet funny guy
jadawson
What an intense game to close out a series of blowouts. This team is playing so well right now. Lets hope Toronto-Florida goes the full distance to give our boys some deserved rest
SportManagementEngineer
Finally a close game this series. Big time to get it done in OT and have some time to rest.
packgrad
Hell yeah! Now how am I going to go to sleep anytime soon? 4:40am comes very quickly.
DrummerboyWolf
Great composure and tenacity by the Canes tonight. They never panicked and just did their thing. Glad Jesper Fast got the winning goal of an assist from KK. Fast had a bad bounce on that puck he could have buried and KK lost his cool a little and the Devils scored on the power play. They both made up for their "mistakes" in an enormous way.

Get some rest guys and get ready for the next round. Half way through with 8 wins. Turbo was skating yesterday with a no contact jersey on. Hopefully he can get back in the next week or two.
Wolfer79
NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs
Conference Semifinals
Eastern Conference
Game 5, Scotiabank Arena, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Florida Panthers at Toronto Maple Leafs TNT (Brendan Burke/Darren Pang//Aly Lozoff)/CBC/Sportsnet (Chris Cuthbert/Craig Simpson/Kyle Bukauskas)/TVA Sports, 7 p.m. (Florida leads series, 3-1)

Western Conference
Game 5, T-Mobile Arena, Paradise, NV
Edmonton Oilers at Vegas Golden Knights CBC/Sportsnet (Harnarayan Singh/Louie DeBrusk//Gene Principe)/TVA Sports/TNT, 10 p.m. (series tied 2-2)
SportManagementEngineer
DrummerboyWolf said:

Great composure and tenacity by the Canes tonight. They never panicked and just did their thing. Glad Jesper Fast got the winning goal of an assist from KK. Fast had a bad bounce on that puck he could have buried and KK lost his cool a little and the Devils scored on the power play. They both made up for their "mistakes" in an enormous way.

Get some rest guys and get ready for the next round. Half way through with 8 wins. Turbo was skating yesterday with a no contact jersey on. Hopefully he can get back in the next week or two.
Would be nice if Toronto can get another win or two before they get knocked out. Still don't think we'll see Turbo next series, since its a hand/wrist injury.
dwanna
SportManagementEngineer said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

Would be nice if Toronto can get another win or two before they get knocked out. Still don't think we'll see Turbo next series, since its a hand/wrist injury.
Yeah, I hope it goes 7! (Obviously)

Team announced Turbo's surgery on April 22 (I think I remember it involved some pins). Tomorrow would be 3 weeks out.

IF Canes make it to the Cup finals, I think you see him back. (Have to think it would be hard to keep him off the ice if he was close at that point)

DrummerboyWolf
dwanna said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

Team announced Turbo's surgery on April 22 (I think I remember it involved some pins). Tomorrow would be 3 weeks out.

IF Canes make it to the Cup finals, I think you see him back. (Have to think it would be hard to keep him off the ice if he was close at that point)

Surgery was actually on the 20th but the team did not announce for two days after. We are as you say just three weeks out as of yesterday and he probably will not be back until and if they make the finals, but we don't know the extent of the surgery( was it a wrist, a finger(s), or several bones in the hand. In a story I saw yesterday, when it happened it was on the PP and he immediately did not know it was bad. Then right after he could not feel his hand and took off his glove and there was lots of blood everywhere. I will see if I can find that story.

Edit: Here is the story. https://www.yahoo.com/news/teravainen-back-practice-ahead-game-163930628.html

"Teravainen said he didn't realize how badly he was injured right away, which allowed him as Islanders coach Lane Lambert famously pointed out to finish the power-play shift after the slash.

"My whole hand and fingers went numb. I didn't feel it," Teravainen said. "Then there was a whistle and I looked at my hand and saw what was wrong."

"He came back to the bench and there was blood everywhere," Jesperi Kotkaniemi interjected.
Teravainen turned to his right and looked at him blankly. Kotkaniemi smiled, then shrugged.
"Come on, make it dramatic," he said."

And I understand that KK may have been pulling the reporter's leg, but I am not sure.

Everybody is stepping up and it would great to get Turbo back because of all the roles he can play, but if he can't get back, then I feel confident with the way everybody is contributing.
dwanna
DrummerboyWolf said:

dwanna said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

Surgery was actually on the 20th but the team did not announce for two days after. We are as you say just three weeks out as of yesterday and he probably will not be back until and if they make the finals, but we don't know the extent of the surgery( was it a wrist, a finger(s), or several bones in the hand. In a story I saw yesterday, when it happened it was on the PP and he immediately did not know it was bad. Then right after he could not feel his hand and took off his glove and there was lots of blood everywhere. I will see if I can find that story.

Edit: Here is the story. https://www.yahoo.com/news/teravainen-back-practice-ahead-game-163930628.html

"Teravainen said he didn't realize how badly he was injured right away, which allowed him as Islanders coach Lane Lambert famously pointed out to finish the power-play shift after the slash.

"My whole hand and fingers went numb. I didn't feel it," Teravainen said. "Then there was a whistle and I looked at my hand and saw what was wrong."

"He came back to the bench and there was blood everywhere," Jesperi Kotkaniemi interjected.
Teravainen turned to his right and looked at him blankly. Kotkaniemi smiled, then shrugged.
"Come on, make it dramatic," he said."

And I understand that KK may have been pulling the reporter's leg, but I am not sure.

Everybody is stepping up and it would great to get Turbo back because of all the roles he can play, but if he can't get back, then I feel confident with the way everybody is contributing.
I have been super impressed at how well the team has played this playoffs. I didn't think they would be able to overcome the injuries to the extent that they have.

I like where we are!

https://www.moneypuck.com/predictions.htm
DrummerboyWolf
Panthers beat the Maple Leafs in OT to advance to the Conference Finals against the Hurricanes. Brobrovski is playing out of his mind in net, so it's going to be tough to beat him four times. IMO he is the best goalie left and he dialed in right now. Canes are going to have to get excellent goal tending on their end and find a way to get some tips and some bounces. This will most likely be a grind it out series where most of the games are won by one goal in low scoring games.

Nice Hurricanes reunion with original and two-time Carolina Coach Paul Maurice and Eric Staal playing for the Panthers. 3 Staal brothers in the series. We will see how it goes.
Wolfer79
NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs
Conference Semifinal
Western Conference
Game 6, Climate Pledge Arena, Seattle, WA
Dallas Stars at Seattle Kraken ESPN (Bob Wischusen/Brian Boucher//Leah Hextall)/Sportsnet (John Bartlett/Garry Galley//Ryan Leslie)/TVA Sports, 7 p.m. (Dallas leads series, 3-2)
Quest for the Stanley Cup (season premiere) ESPN2, 10 a.m.
NHL Tonight: Playoff Edition NHL Network, 3:30 p.m.
NHL Tonight: Playoff Edition NHL Network, 6:30 p.m.
In the Crease ESPN+, 10:30 p.m.
NHL Tonight: Playoff Edition NHL Network, 11 p.m.
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs
Conference Semifinals
Western Conference
Game 6, Rogers Place, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Vegas Golden Knights at Edmonton Oilers CBC/Sportsnet/Sportsnet One (Harnarayan Singh/Louie DeBrusk//Gene Principe)/ESPN, 10 p.m.
Wolfer79
NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs
Conference Semifinals
Western Conference
Game 7, American Airlines Arena, Dallas, TX
Seattle Kraken at Dallas Stars ESPN (Bob Wischusen/Brian Boucher//Leah Hextall)/Sportsnet (John Bartlett/Garry Galley//Ryan Leslie)/TVA Sports, 8 p.m.
DJncsu13
Wolfer79 said:

"For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack"
Follow me on twitter: @d_johnson13/@PackUniforms
DrummerboyWolf
Hurricanes open their series against Florida on Thursday at 8pm. The rest of the series is scheduled every other day.

https://www.nhl.com/hurricanes/news/canes-announce-eastern-conference-final-schedule/c-344397970
Wolfer79
NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs
Eastern Conference Final
Game 1, PNC Arena, Raleigh, NC
Florida Panthers at Carolina Hurricanes CBC/Sportsnet (Chris Cuthbert/Craig Simpson//Kyle Buskauskas)/TVA Sports/TNT (Kenny Albert/Eddie Olczyk/Keith Jones//Jackie Redmond), 8 p.m.
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
TheStorm
caryking
Yep, that one hurt…
On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
Wolfer79
NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs
Western Conference Final
Game 1, T-Mobile Arena, Paradise, NV
Dallas Stars at Vegas Golden Knights CBC/Sportsnet (John Bartlett/Garry Galley//Scott Oake)/TVA Sports/ESPN (Sean McDonough/Ray Ferraro//Emily Kaplan), 8:30 p.m.
ge_traveler
Watched the game late into the 3rd period before falling asleep on the couch. Woke up at 1:45 to let the dog out, the TV was still on. I had to clear my eyes a few times, as I thought they were showing highlights or something. Nope, it was in the 4th OT and unfortunately I saw the Panthers score with only 12 secs left....tough to go back to sleep after that

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.