Carolina Hurricanes

104,768 Views | 1517 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by Wolfer79
Wolfer79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Wolfer79
New York Islanders at Carolina MSG SportsNet/Bally Sports South, 6 p.m.
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
SportManagementEngineer
Wolfer79 said:

That stinks. I don't live in the area anymore but used to get all of my gear there.
Twitter: @JJwith2Jays
Wolfer79
Ottawa at Carolina TSN5/RDS2/Bally Sports South, 7 p.m.
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Carolina at Buffalo Bally Sports South/MSG Western New York, 12:30 p.m.
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Buffalo wins 4-3
DrummerboyWolf
Canes got a break last night as the Bruins beat the Devils 2-1. They still lead the Metro by one point and have a game in hand. Winning number is 2. Any combination of Canes wins or Devil losses will give them the division and guarantee home ice for at least the first two rounds.
Being an N. C. State fan builds great character!
Wolfer79
Carolina at Ottawa Sportsnet East/RDS/Bally Sports South, 7 p.m.
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Detroit at Carolina Bally Sports Detroit Extra/Bally Sports South, 7 p.m.
dwanna
Last home game. Crazy that they are still in control of getting 1st place in the Metro.
DrummerboyWolf
dwanna said:

Last home game. Crazy that they are still in control of getting 1st place in the Metro.
Do or die these last two games. They are just struggling to score right now and Ottawa got a BS call last night that led to a 4-4 and the winning goal. They have to step it up or they will steamrolled in the playoffs. Win the division and then go from there.
BBW12OG
Gotta win tonight......

I wish I was there...
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
- Thomas Jefferson
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Carolina at Florida TVA Sports/Bally Sports South/Bally Sports Florida, 7 p.m.
DrummerboyWolf
Hurricanes get the job done and beat the Panthers for the Division title. They will play the Islanders starting Monday or Tuesday with the first two at PNC arena.

Canes got off to a quick start and led 2-0 after two periods. Florida scored twice early in the 3rd to tie. The tying goal was a big puck handling screw up by Anderson. Rod called a time out, read them the riot act and they came back and scored two quick goals to make it 4-2. Maurice pulled the goalie while on a power play with a little over 3 to play and then Gostisbehere came out of the box and the puck came right to him and he buried it to make it 5-2 with 2 minutes to go. Wasn't over as Florida scored twice in the next minute to make it 5-4, then Aho and Teovo played some great defense and Aho got another empty netter. Florida still had a couple of chances to score but they were not able to do so. Exciting 3rd period.

New Jersey was down 3-0 early to the Caps but came all the way back and won in OT, so the Canes had to win to get the division.
Wolfer79
The NHL announces that Game One between the #Canes and Islanders will take place Monday, April 17 at PNC Arena. The game will air on ESPN2 and start at a time TBA.

A full series schedule will be released following the conclusion of Friday's regular season games.
TheStorm
Two months ago, I saw absolutely zero chance that they could get caught by anybody else in the entire conference (excepting that Boston would stay ahead of them regardless)... man, that got really close - and the Leafs and Rangers were closing fast as well.
FlossyDFlynt
TheStorm said:

Two months ago, I saw absolutely zero chance that they could get caught by anybody else in the entire conference (excepting that Boston would stay ahead of them regardless)... man, that got really close - and the Leafs and Rangers were closing fast as well.
The Svech loss is massive. Avoiding the Rangers in the first round is huge, IMO. Much better matchup against the Islanders.

Being honest, Ill be surprised if they make it past the second round given how they have played the last few weeks. But playoff hockey is a different animal, so who knows
SportManagementEngineer
FlossyDFlynt said:

TheStorm said:

The Svech loss is massive. Avoiding the Rangers in the first round is huge, IMO. Much better matchup against the Islanders.

Being honest, Ill be surprised if they make it past the second round given how they have played the last few weeks. But playoff hockey is a different animal, so who knows
Yup, the Svech loss (on top of the Pacioretty loss) kind of doomed the Canes. Still one of the best defensive units in the league, but the inability to score goals and a lack of a stud goalie put a ceiling on this team.

Not to get too far ahead, but Andersen and Raanta are both free agents after this year. Is this the year that the Canes finally make a move for a stud goalie? You've got the roster to say that your list of needs is short enough that you can justify offloading some assets to make a splash.
FlossyDFlynt
SportManagementEngineer said:

FlossyDFlynt said:

TheStorm said:

Yup, the Svech loss (on top of the Pacioretty loss) kind of doomed the Canes. Still one of the best defensive units in the league, but the inability to score goals and a lack of a stud goalie put a ceiling on this team.

Not to get too far ahead, but Andersen and Raanta are both free agents after this year. Is this the year that the Canes finally make a move for a stud goalie? You've got the roster to say that your list of needs is short enough that you can justify offloading some assets to make a splash.
Think youll see Raanta resign with Pytor backing up to start the year. They signed the Quinnipiac goalie and sent him to Chicago, so I think they will go with one veteran and Pytor to start the year
SportManagementEngineer
FlossyDFlynt said:

SportManagementEngineer said:

FlossyDFlynt said:

TheStorm said:

Think youll see Raanta resign with Pytor backing up to start the year. They signed the Quinnipiac goalie and sent him to Chicago, so I think they will go with one veteran and Pytor to start the year
Feels like that's not an improvement. If Raanta could ever stay healthy I think he is a good # 1, we just haven't seen it yet. I like Pyotr's future with the Canes and glad they locked him up, just don't know if he is there yet.
SexualChocolate
3X Division Champs
DrummerboyWolf
Wolfer79 said:

The NHL announces that Game One between the #Canes and Islanders will take place Monday, April 17 at PNC Arena. The game will air on ESPN2 and start at a time TBA.

A full series schedule will be released following the conclusion of Friday's regular season games.
All first round games will also be on Bally Sports South.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.