Carolina Hurricanes

100,238 Views | 1486 Replies | Last: 12 hrs ago by DrummerboyWolf
SportManagementEngineer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We're in deep **** at the goalie position.
Twitter: @JJwith2Jays
Wolfer79
Carolina at New York Rangers Bally Sports South/MSG Network, 7 p.m.
dwanna
Wolfer79 said:

Carolina at New York Rangers Bally Sports South/MSG Network, 7 p.m.
Win it and clinch 1st place in Metro...

Rookie Goalie Pyotr likely to be looking for his 3rd win in 1st 3 games. Let's get it!
Cornpack
I don't know what's going on with Tripp re: his now deleted tweets but I hope he's okay and getting help if he needs it. He's a little wacky but he's ours and I hate the thought of anyone struggling with something by themselves
Retired internet funny guy
Bell Tower Grey
End of 2 periods, Canes up 3 - 1.
SportManagementEngineer
Metro Division Champs baby
Twitter: @JJwith2Jays
dwanna
Canes get the dub and clinch! Good stuff. Lookin forward to a stress free home finale on Thursday.

Sending out some positive vibes for Tripp!
jadawson
Cornpack said:

I don't know what's going on with Tripp re: his now deleted tweets but I hope he's okay and getting help if he needs it. He's a little wacky but he's ours and I hate the thought of anyone struggling with something by themselves
really hope he's doing ok. Whether he's struggling with alcoholism or using drinking to self-medicate for something else going on, its a scary thing to be going through especially if you are isolated from your family a lot.
bgr3
jadawson said:

Cornpack said:

really hope he's doing ok. Whether he's struggling with alcoholism or using drinking to self-medicate for something else going on, its a scary thing to be going through especially if you are isolated from your family a lot.
Met Tripp when I was a kid at Canes hockey camp a number of years ago and he is one of the kindest, good natured people I've ever met. He took an interest in all of us dumb kids, got to know us, names, where we were from, etc. My point is his personality is not an act for TV.

It's tremendously sad that he was unable to be a part of history last night, considering he's been there for every other milestone in franchise history. He will remain in my prayers for a long time, as these types of issues are never "over" like say some sort of traditional illness or affliction.
dwanna
Nothing but support for Tripp.

Heading into playoffs, goaltender is the concern.

Do they ride Pyotr or look to Ranta? Sounds like Freddie won't be healthy right away
Bell Tower Grey
Tripp is a good guy and deserves all the support we give him. I've known him through a mutual aquaintance for several years. He will overcome this.

As a person that grew up with an alcoholic father and a former wife that was, and still is, a weekend alcoholic, I've seen firsthand what can happen to lives when folks drink and can't control their intake and themselves when they drink. Recovery is not only a daily battle, sometimes it's a minute by minute struggle. And, it never ends.

Thankfully, my dad has been in AA now for nearly 25 years. He will be 85 this May and has many admitted regrets from drinking. But the good news is, he's been sober and hasn't relapsed during that time.

Pray (if you do) for Tripp because that helps as much as anything we can do. I hope he's back on the broadcast when next season begins.
jadawson
Bell Tower Grey said:

Tripp is a good guy and deserves all the support we give him. I've known him through a mutual aquaintance for several years. He will overcome this.

As a person that grew up with an alcoholic father and a former wife that was, and still is, a weekend alcoholic, I've seen firsthand what can happen to lives when folks drink and can't control their intake and themselves when they drink. Recovery is not only a daily battle, sometimes it's a minute by minute struggle. And, it never ends.

Thankfully, my dad has been in AA now for nearly 25 years. He will be 85 this May and has many admitted regrets from drinking. But the good news is, he's been sober and hasn't relapsed during that time.

Pray (if you do) for Tripp because that helps as much as anything we can do. I hope he's back on the broadcast when next season begins.
well said
Wolfer79
New Jersey at Carolina MSG Plus/Bally Sports South, 7 p.m.
dwanna
Wolfer79 said:

New Jersey at Carolina MSG Plus/Bally Sports South, 7 p.m.
Last game of the regular season. At home.

How about taking a 6 game winning streak into the playoffs?
Wolfer79
Looks like Raanta's getting the start tonight and Koochie is getting a well-earned rest

Wolfer79
Carolina will play either Boston or Tampa, which both have a game left and play tomorrow.

Tampa wins tomorrow at Islanders, they play Toronto and it's Carolina-Boston.

Tampa loses (regulation or shootout) and Boston wins at Toronto, Tampa plays Carolina.

Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Full #StanleyCup playoff first round schedule here. Plus, windows for the remaining rounds, including the Stanley Cup Final.

Notable: ABC is not set to air *any* playoff games outside of the Cup Final, which is set to begin 6/18 and run every-other-night:

Wolfer79
Wolfer79
NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs

Eastern Conference Quarterfinals

Game 1, PNC Arena, Raleigh, NC
Boston Bruins at Carolina Hurricanes ESPN/Sportsnet 360/TVA Sports 2/NESN/Bally Sports South, 7 p.m.

Game 1, Scotiabank Arena, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Tampa Bay Lightning at Toronto Maple Leafs ESPN2/CBC/Sportsnet/TVA Sports/Bally Sports Sun, 7:30 p.m.

Western Conference Quarterfinals

Game 1, Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul, MN
St. Louis Blues at Minnesota Wild ESPN/Sportsnet 360/TVA Sports 2/Bally Sports Midwest/Bally Sports North, 9:30 p.m.

Game 1, Rogers Place, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Los Angeles Kings at Edmonton Oilers ESPN2/CBC/Sportsnet/TVA Sports/Bally Sports West, 10 p.m.
Wolfpackrich1
Let's go Canes. Goodluck in the playoffs.
dwanna
1st 2 in Raleigh.

Raanta getting the nod. Sounds like Freddie could be back late this series if needed.

Canes dominated Boston over the regular season, and I hope they can keep it up.
jadawson
dwanna said:

1st 2 in Raleigh.

Raanta getting the nod. Sounds like Freddie could be back late this series if needed.

Boston the playoffs has had our number in recent years. Feels like this one is going to come down to special teams. Our powerplay has been poor in recent post seasons, hopefully it can hold up this year.
dwanna
jadawson said:

dwanna said:

1st 2 in Raleigh.

Boston the playoffs has had our number in recent years. Feels like this one is going to come down to special teams. Our powerplay has been poor in recent post seasons, hopefully it can hold up this year.

Playoff hockey is def a different beast…

Canes turned it on at end of 2nd period tonight to take a 2 - 0 lead into 2nd intermission
Bell Tower Grey
Playing their typical great defense. Power play still isn't there, but took that 2 minute burst to gain control up to this point. One more period, guys. Keep it up.
jadawson
powerplay wasn't there in the 2 chances but maybe more importantly for the Canes the penalty kill and Raanta were great. Staal dominant on faceoffs against Bergeron. 2nd line was incredible tonight as well. 1st and 3rd goals a bit against the run of play but we had a stranglehold on the last 10 minutes which is what you want to see.
DrummerboyWolf
Great win for the Canes. Boston pushed early, but the Hurricanes pushed back and more fiercely after about the first ten minutes of the game. Trocheck's goal was unbelievable.

In the interviews after, Jarvis and Raanta just could not believe how loud the crowd was in their first playoff games in the PNC. I will be there Wednesday and hopefully it will be louder!
Being an N. C. State Fan Builds Great Character
FlossyDFlynt
I was at the game last night. If you have never been to PNC for a playoff hockey game, I would highly recommend it. That building is just on another level in the playoffs
Wolfer79
NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs
Game 1, Madison Square Garden, New York, NY
Pittsburgh Penguins at New York Rangers ESPN/CBC/Sportsnet/TVA Sports/AT&T SportsNet Pittsburgh/MSG Network, 7 p.m.

Game 1, FLA Live Arena, Sunrise, FL
Washington Capitals at Florida Panthers ESPN2/Sportsnet 360/TVA Sports 2/NBC Sports Washington/Bally Sports Florida, 7:30 p.m.

Game 1, Ball Arena, Denver, CO
Nashville Predators at Colorado Avalanche ESPN/Sportsnet East/TVA Sports/Bally Sports South/Altitude, 9:30 p.m./Sportsnet 360, 10 p.m. (joined in progress)

Game 1, Scotiabank Saddledome, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Dallas Stars at Calgary Flames ESPN2/CBC/Sportsnet (Ontario/Pacific/West)/TVA Sports 2/Bally Sports Southwest, 10 p.m.
jadawson
FlossyDFlynt said:

I was at the game last night. If you have never been to PNC for a playoff hockey game, I would highly recommend it. That building is just on another level in the playoffs
They are so much fun. Really wish we had home games on weekends this series so i could make it up without having to take time off from work the next day due to getting home so late.

I hope the series doesnt make it to game 7 but if it does i'll be there!
Wolfer79
FlossyDFlynt said:

question
in 2006 they had large video board on Carter-Finley side of PNC for those without tickets to tailgate and watch game

did they do that last night?

if so, I was thinking about going either Friday night or Sunday afternoon for the away games
DrummerboyWolf
FlossyDFlynt said:

Agree, unless you have been there during a playoff game, you cannot understand how loud it gets.
Being an N. C. State Fan Builds Great Character
Wolfer79
NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs
Game 2, PNC Arena, Raleigh, NC
Boston Bruins at Carolina Hurricanes ESPN/Sportsnet 360/TVA Sports 2/NESN/Bally Sports South, 7 p.m. (Carolina leads series 1-0)

Game 2, Scotiabank Arena, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Tampa Bay Lightning at Toronto Maple Leafs ESPN2/CBC/Sportsnet/TVA Sports/Bally Sports Sun, 7:30 p.m. (Toronto leads series 1-0)

Game 2, Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul, MN
St. Louis Blues at Minnesota Wild ESPN/Sportsnet 360/TVA Sports/Bally Sports Midwest/Bally Sports North, 9:30 p.m. (St. Louis leads series 1-0)

Game 2, Rogers Place, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Los Angeles Kings at Edmonton Oilers ESPN2/CBC/Sportsnet/TVA Sports/Bally Sports SoCal, 10 p.m. (Los Angeles leads series 1-0)
FlossyDFlynt
Wolfer79 said:

FlossyDFlynt said:

question
in 2006 they had large video board on Carter-Finley side of PNC for those without tickets to tailgate and watch game

if so, I was thinking about going either Friday night or Sunday afternoon for the away games
I didnt see anything set up, but I didnt really get close to that entrance at all
Wolfer79
FlossyDFlynt said:

Wolfer79 said:

FlossyDFlynt said:

question

I didnt see anything set up, but I didnt really get close to that entrance at all
thank you

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.