NASCAR 2022/2023 Off Season Thread

89,830 Views | 1360 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Bell Tower Grey
PossumJenkins
How long do you want to ignore this user?
For sure Wolfer...and haha, yeah cary...Dale Jr has probably called him more than anyone in the sport the last few months...at least from the driver/ex-driver side.
Wolfer79
Glasswolf
Noah Gragson and Landon Cassill were DQ'd
Wolfer79
USAC and former NASCAR driver Bobby East was killed after getting stabbed at a gas station in Westminster, California on Tuesday https://t.co/q5RfktQFjI
ncsupack1
I know it's a unpopular opinion but I'm not a big fan of the 9.
ncsupack1
Wolfer79 said:

USAC and former NASCAR driver Bobby East was killed after getting stabbed at a gas station in Westminster, California on Tuesday https://t.co/q5RfktQFjI

Sad.
TheStorm
ncsupack1 said:

I don't mind him at all, really... I just like Byron and Larson better out of the Hendrick stable. Never have cared either way about Bowman for some reason.
Wolfer79
Sunday, July 17
12:30 p.m., NASCAR RaceDay, FS1
12:30 p.m., Austin Dillon's Life in the Fast Lane (re-air), USA Network
1 p.m., Austin Dillon's Life in the Fast Lane (re-air), USA Network
1:30 p.m., Austin Dillon's Life in the Fast Lane (re-air), USA Network
3 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Ambetter 301 at New Hampshire Motor Speedway, USA Network
6:30 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series Post-Race Show, USA Network
7 p.m., Austin Dillon's Life in the Fast Lane (re-air), USA Network
7:30 p.m., Austin Dillon's Life in the Fast Lane (re-air), USA Network

On PRN:
2 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Ambetter 301 at New Hampshire Motor Speedway
TheStorm
NASCAR is going to have to wait until after The Open finishes today for me.
caryking
TheStorm said:

Storm, you're not planning on watching the USA network at 12:30 today?
On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
TheStorm
caryking said:

TheStorm said:

Storm, you're not planning on watching the USA network at 12:30 today?
Lord no!
Packchem91
TheStorm said:

ncsupack1 said:

I don't mind him at all, really... I just like Byron and Larson better out of the Hendrick stable. Never have cared either way about Bowman for some reason.

I think he was referring to Gragson, not Elliot. Almost no one likes Gragson.
Steve Williams
Staff
PossumJenkins said:

caryking said:

PossumJenkins said:

As Metcalf said, Justin's dad has done extremely well for himself. Was even the interim CEO at Tesla for a short while a long time ago. His dad is involved with PE/VC firms. They also get some of the companies they fund to become partners. It's why the go kart track in Mooresville is called Go Pro Motorplex.

As far as Pitbull goes...I can promise you he's not putting any money in to the team. If there's money going any direction, it's out to him. It was only done as a way to raise the profile of the team. As an interesting aside, Tony Robbins was initially contacted to play that role.

I have some thoughts on Trackhouse's early success. I have a lot of really close friends over there, have known Justin for quite awhile and close with Ross. So I'll just say I'm pulling for them and I hope the breaks keep going their way.
Possum, I'm really starting to like Ross. He appears to be the kind of person that keeps to himself and tries not to be all caught up in the nascar thing.

How is he as a person?
Ross is pretty much how you see him each day. There's really no pretense. It's funny you ask. I worked in the sport for 12-13 years or so, and while I don't anymore, just the last couple years or so..I'm still very close to a ton of people who are still in it. It's something we all see...drivers come in with one personality and as they find some success and everyone tells them how amazing they are...they change. I have literally watched it happen with almost each one of them and being close enough with a number of them to see it as it evolves. A few of us had multiple conversations with Ross...that if he ever went down this path...we'd just kill him. Haha...We were actually at a concert a few weeks ago and people are starting to notice him and wanted pics and what not...and his manager and I were both laughing with him about the "not changing" conversations.

I think a lot of that was PTSD from watching it happen so often but also just because Ross really was/is a humble, hard working kid. There were definitely some dark times. I wasn't around Ross his first few years in the trucks at Brad's, but met him in the rough times when he was piecing things together driving for Johnny Davis and start and parks in the Cup series.

I think I've told the story hear how he drove our bus to and from the race tracks those years to make money...and that's how one of the sponsors we worked with saw him dumping our water in between practices in his firesuit and how we got the funds to get him the 3 race tryout at Ganassi that launched his career...albeit after already 4-5 years in the sport..

But one other convo I remember having was just before that. He was thinking of giving it up and going back to work on their family farm in Florida. Not because he didn't think he could do it or didn't want to chase his dream, but because he felt selfish that he was up here doing this and his family was digging a living out of the dirt and he wasn't there to help them. That's who he is.
Very interesting. Thanks for sharing.
ncsupack1
Sorry. Yes I was referring to Noah.
Packchem91
ncsupack1 said:

Sorry. Yes I was referring to Noah.

It is ironic - maybe the most disliked driver currently active driving for the most popular driver the last quarter century
Wolfer79
Shoutout to way back when a race win meant an automatic #NASCAR Playoff berth. This year, not so much. This is nuts. Next Gen y'all! (Screengrab from @jayski)

ncsupack1
Wild year so far. A win might not be enough to get one in the playoffs. Been fun to watch so far.
Wolfer79
Monday, July 18
6 p.m., Motormouths, Peacock

Tuesday, July 19
6 p.m., NASCAR Race Hub, FS1
7 p.m., NASCAR RaceDay (2022 Season Recap), FS1

Wednesday, July 20
6 p.m., Motormouths, Peacock
7 p.m., NASCAR Race Hub (Best of Radioactive 2022 Season), FS1
11:30 p.m., Austin Dillon's Life in the Fast Lane, USA Network

Thursday, July 21
7 p.m., NASCAR RaceDay (2022 Season Recap), FS1

Friday, July 22
7 a.m., NASCAR RaceDay (re-air), FS1
8 a.m., NASCAR Race Hub (Best of Radioactive: Trucks), FS1
8:30 a.m., NASCAR Race Hub (Race Hub Game Night: Truck Series Edition), FS1
9:30 a.m., NASCAR Race Hub (re-air), FS1
10:30 a.m., NASCAR Race Hub (Best of Features 2022 Season), FS1
11 a.m., NASCAR RaceDay (re-air), FS1
12:00 p.m., Austin Dillon's Life in the Fast Lane (re-air), USA Network
4:30 p.m., NASCAR Camping World Truck Series: Practice/Qualifying at Pocono Raceway, FS1
6:30 p.m., ARCA Menards Series: General Tire Delivers 200 at Pocono Raceway, FS1
8:30 p.m., NASCAR Camping World Truck Series: Practice/Qualifying at Pocono Raceway (re-air), FS1
10 p.m., ARCA Menards Series: General Tire Delivers 200 at Pocono Raceway (re-air), FS1

On MRN:
6:30 p.m., ARCA Menards Series: General Tire Delivers 200 at Pocono Raceway

Saturday, July 23
Midnight, NASCAR RaceDay (re-air), FS1
8 a.m., NASCAR Camping World Truck Series: Practice/Qualifying at Pocono Raceway (re-air), FS1
9:30 a.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series: Practice/Qualifying at Pocono Raceway, USA Network
11 a.m., Austin Dillon's Life in the Fast Lane (re-air), USA Network
11:30 a.m., Austin Dillon's Life in the Fast Lane (re-air), USA Network
11:30 a.m., NASCAR RaceDay: CWTS at Pocono, FOX
12 p.m., NASCAR Camping World Truck Series: CRC Brakleen 150 at Pocono Raceway, FOX
12 p.m., Austin Dillon's Life in the Fast Lane (re-air), USA Network
12:30 p.m., IMSA: Lime Rock Park 120 (re-air), USA Network
2:30 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Practice/Qualifying at Pocono Raceway, USA Network
4:30 p.m., Austin Dillon's Life in the Fast Lane (re-air), USA Network
5 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series: Explore the Pocono Mountains 225 at Pocono Raceway, USA Network
7 p.m., ARCA Menards Series: General Tire Delivers 200 at Pocono Raceway (re-air), FS1
7:30 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series Post-Race Show, USA Network

On MRN:
11:30 a.m., NASCAR Camping World Truck Series: CRC Brakleen 150 at Pocono Raceway
2:30 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Practice/Qualifying at Pocono Raceway
2:30 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series: Explore the Pocono Mountains 225 at Pocono Raceway

Sunday, July 24
4 a.m., ARCA Menards Series: General Tire Delivers 200 at Pocono Raceway (re-air), FS2
6:30 a.m., The NASCARcade (re-air), FS2
7 a.m., NASCAR Camping World Truck Series: CRC Brakleen 150 at Pocono Raceway (re-air), FS2
9 a.m., NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour: Whelen 100 at New Hampshire Motor Speedway (re-air), USA Network
12:30 p.m., NASCAR RaceDay: Cup Series at Pocono Raceway, FS1
2 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Countdown to Green, USA Network
3 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: M&M's Fan Appreciation 400 at Pocono Raceway, USA Network
6:30 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Post-Race Show, USA Network
7 p.m., Austin Dillon's Life in the Fast Lane (re-air), USA Network
7:30 p.m., Austin Dillon's Life in the Fast Lane (re-air), USA Network
10 p.m., NASCAR Camping World Truck Series: CRC Brakleen 150 at Pocono Raceway (re-air), FS2

On MRN:
2:30 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: M&M's Fan Appreciation 400 at Pocono Raceway
Packchem91
Wolfer79 said:

Shoutout to way back when a race win meant an automatic #NASCAR Playoff berth. This year, not so much. This is nuts. Next Gen y'all! (Screengrab from @jayski)

So Havick is 9th in points but will miss the POs barring either a win, or a complete falling apart by Blaney or Truex?
Clearly, a win is possible....guy will start becoming desperate in these final races, knocking people out of the way instead of patient?

A second point out of this - 14 winners, but zero between Harvick, Truex and Blaney. Crazy.
caryking
Packchem91 said:

Wolfer79 said:

So Havick is 9th in points but will miss the POs barring either a win, or a complete falling apart by Blaney or Truex?
Clearly, a win is possible....guy will start becoming desperate in these final races, knocking people out of the way instead of patient?

A second point out of this - 14 winners, but zero between Harvick, Truex and Blaney. Crazy.
And look at Blaney, who is third in points, and hanging on, without a win…. Perhaps, they need to modify the points system again.

I would say, provide points to the top 15 places in each race. 1st place get 15 points and work down from there. Also, 1st place gets 5 bonus points. Then do away with stage racing all together…

If you are wrecked, or have a bad car, just pull the damn thing into the garage because you have no chance of getting points…

Joe Biden
ncsupack1
caryking said:

Packchem91 said:

Wolfer79 said:

And look at Blaney, who is third in points, and hanging on, without a win…. Perhaps, they need to modify the points system again.

I would say, provide points to the top 15 places in each race. 1st place get 15 points and work down from there. Also, 1st place gets 5 bonus points. Then do away with stage racing all together…

If you are wrecked, or have a bad car, just pull the damn thing into the garage because you have no chance of getting points…

Crazy point system for sure. I would have never thought this season would play out this way. In fact you have to start thinking that a win could leave one out of the playoffs.
Wolfer79
.@MMsChocolate's NASCAR program was so personal to @MarsGlobal that members of the billionaire Mars family used to camp out at tracks and cook for @KyleBusch's team the night before a race.

M&M's 32-year run in NASCAR ends after this season.

: https://t.co/dWIzjONnFj https://t.co/fC8JNlLwe5
Wolfer79
After 32 years, @MarsGlobal will be exiting @NASCAR after this season

Commemorating the long time partnership, @mmschocolate will title sponsor the NASCAR Cup Series race this weekend named the M&M's Fan Appreciation 400.

(Via @A_S12)
https://t.co/zZctS23WZY https://t.co/2tauNmdzbZ
Packchem91
caryking said:

Packchem91 said:

Wolfer79 said:

Actually, while i find it crazy, I don't mind it. They want to value wins, then reward winners with getting into the POs. Its just odd that a couple of the really talented drivers haven't won yet.
I think this first year of the new car will prove to be the exception year, and then next year it'll be back to the big teams winning a bunch of races again and the normal guys for sure being in the POs.
So I hope NASCAR gives it a year or two instead of reacting right away.
Wolfer79
.@PKligerman says that his NASCAR Truck Series win at Mid-Ohio earlier this month has led to some new potential opportunities he's exploring in Cup and Xfinity. https://t.co/UnlaLrRmoZ
Wolfer79
.@USA_Network earned a 1.45 rating and 2.403 million viewers for Sunday's #Ambetter301 @NHMS, up from a 1.26 rating and 2.113 million viewers last year on NBCSN.

The race was the third most-watched sports event of the weekend behind @TheOpen's Saturday and Sunday rounds. https://t.co/5u0KrtrsYk
Wolfer79
.@RoadAmerica is expected to lose its NASCAR Cup Series race slot for 2023 as part of the move to add @NASCARChicago, per sources. https://t.co/32um00OQDx
TheStorm
Wolfer79 said:

.@RoadAmerica is expected to lose its NASCAR Cup Series race slot for 2023 as part of the move to add @NASCARChicago, per sources. https://t.co/32um00OQDx
2 years of Road America was enough... I really enjoyed Year 1, but Year 2 didn't offer as much competitive passing in my opinion.
Packchem91
TheStorm said:

Wolfer79 said:

2 years of Road America was enough... I really enjoyed Year 1, but Year 2 didn't offer as much competitive passing in my opinion.
Yeah, nascar jumped the shark on road courses. So of course they replace one with another

metcalfmafia
Ughhhhh why more road courses.
ncsupack1
I'll see how the road course goes, but I'm not just a big fan of road course racing. Just me.
caryking
How did Charlotte and Daytona road courses do? I actually like both of them.

Joe Biden
Packchem91
ncsupack1 said:

I'll see how the road course goes, but I'm not just a big fan of road course racing. Just me.
I don't think most NASCAR fans are. I guess they think if F1 gets the younger audience (as it does) that maybe road courses will? But F1 draws young people for a different reason than the actual race
Wolfer79
Wolfer79

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.