NASCAR 2022/2023 Off Season Thread

88,206 Views | 1360 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Bell Tower Grey
Wolfer79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Friday, April 22
8:30 a.m., NASCAR Race Hub: Best of Radioactive Talladega (re-air), FS2
9 a.m., NASCAR Auto Racing Classics: 2009 Aaron's 499 (re-air), FS2
5:30 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series: Qualifying at Talladega Superspeedway, FS1
10 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series: Qualifying at Talladega Superspeedway (re-air), FS2
caryking
3 car on the pole at Talladega tomorrow!!!
On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
Bell Tower Grey
That's awesome. Hope Jeffrey can keep it together and have a good showing.

It's a shame that Kelley never raced any more than she did. She's probably the best driver between Dale Jr., Kerry and her.
ncsupack1
Agree. He needs a good day. At that place anything can happen.
Wolfer79
Saturday, April 23
8 a.m., NASCAR Auto Racing Classics: 2010 Aaron's 499 (re-air), FS1
11 a.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Qualifying at Talladega Superspeedway, FS1
12:30 p.m., NASCAR Race Hub: Weekend Edition Talladega, FS1
1 p.m., ARCA Menards Series: General Tire 200 at Talladega Superspeedway, FS1
3 p.m., NASCAR RaceDay: Xfinity Series at Talladega, FOX
4 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series: Ag-Pro 300 at Talladega Superspeedway, FOX

On MRN:
1 p.m., ARCA Menards Series: General Tire 200 at Talladega Superspeedway
3:30 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series: Ag-Pro 300 at Talladega Superspeedway
Wolfer79
NASCAR
NASCAR Cup Series
Geico 500, Talladega Superspeedway, Talladega, AL
Qualifying FS1, 11 a.m.
NASCAR Xfinity Series
Ag-Pro 300, Talladega Superspeedway, Talladega, AL
Race Fox, 4 p.m.
NASCAR RaceDay: Xfinity Series-Talladega Fox, 3 p.m.
Bell Tower Grey
Good Busch race this afternoon, even though it went 3 overtimes. Eerie watching the 3 car come from 8th place on the next to last lap to finish second....all Jeffrey needed was someone to push since his teammates had wrecked out, but no one stepped up. Gotta think Sr. was up there with that big wide grin and so proud.

Noah Gragson held on for the win... LIttle E has to be happy all the way around. Larry Mac looked happy and comfortable on the pit box for the 3. Jeffrey Earnhardt second, Allmendinger was third.

Fuel mileage became a factor as Justin Allgaier was leading the field to green on the last OT restart, but pulled out of line because he ran out of gas. Another car had also run out in the second OT.

Wolfer79
Sunday, April 24
1 a.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series: Ag-Pro 300 at Talladega Superspeedway (re-air), FS1
4 a.m., NASCAR Cup Series
5:30 a.m., NASCAR Race Hub: Best of Radioactive Talladega (re-air), FS1
8:30 a.m., ARCA Menards Series: General Tire 200 at Talladega Superspeedway (re-air), FS1
2 p.m., NASCAR RaceDay: Cup Series at Talladega, FS1
2 p.m., NASCAR RaceDay: Cup Series at Talladega, FOX
3 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: GEICO 500 at Talladega Superspeedway, FOX

On MRN:
2 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: GEICO 500 at Talladega Superspeedway
ncsupack1
Bell Tower Grey said:

Good Busch race this afternoon, even though it went 3 overtimes. Eerie watching the 3 car come from 8th place on the next to last lap to finish second....all Jeffrey needed was someone to push since his teammates had wrecked out, but no one stepped up. Gotta think Sr. was up there with that big wide grin and so proud.

Noah Gragson held on for the win... LIttle E has to be happy all the way around. Larry Mac looked happy and comfortable on the pit box for the 3. Jeffrey Earnhardt second, Allmendinger was third.

Fuel mileage became a factor as Justin Allgaier was leading the field to green on the last OT restart, but pulled out of line because he ran out of gas. Another car had also run out in the second OT.

Agree, good race overall. The 3 looked good out there for sure. Looking forward to today's race. I'm not a big super speedway fan but I just can't take my eyes off it…lol
Bell Tower Grey
It will be interesting to see how the teams have adjusted with the new car since Daytona. Some teams are probably ahead of the curve more than others, but at tracks like Talladega and Daytona things can even out the field somewhat with one big wreck. Looking forward to seeing how it unfolds. I feel like the second time around here, Daytona and perhaps Dover and Michigan will be better racing at those tracks, given what teams learn from the first time out.

I'll go out on a limb and say my guy 21 either finishes in the top 10 (whether by attrition or just good racing) or is a DNF due to a wreck. Rookieitis is a tough thing.
caryking
Bell Tower Grey said:

It will be interesting to see how the teams have adjusted with the new car since Daytona. Some teams are probably ahead of the curve more than others, but at tracks like Talladega and Daytona things can even out the field somewhat with one big wreck. Looking forward to seeing how it unfolds. I feel like the second time around here, Daytona and perhaps Dover and Michigan will be better racing at those tracks, given what teams learn from the first time out.

I'll go out on a limb and say my guy 21 either finishes in the top 10 (whether by attrition or just good racing) or is a DNF due to a wreck. Rookieitis is a tough thing.
BTG, the 21 car, regardless of recent drivers, have done well on plate racing, right?

Joe Biden
Bell Tower Grey
caryking said:

Bell Tower Grey said:

BTG, the 21 car, regardless of recent drivers, have done well on plate racing, right?
Yes. The Woods have it figured out for the most part.
Werewolf
A helluva ending today in Talladega. It was great to see that DA #28 Car go around the track.
Bell Tower Grey
Chastain with a typical Talledega finish, squeezing through for the win. He made some questionable moves throughout the race, but put himself in the position to win, and that's what it takes. Congrats to the Trackhouse team for another W. Never did have the BIG big one, but enough to take out several potential contenders. Overall, a good race.

Now on to Dover.
ncsupack1
Crazy ending for sure. Overall I liked it. Now I'm ready to see this car at Dover.
Steve Williams
Staff
I'm a big 43 fan so today was painful to watch lol
Werewolf
Congrats on 43. Still young man!!
Packchem91
Bell Tower Grey said:

Chastain with a typical Talledega finish, squeezing through for the win. He made some questionable moves throughout the race, but put himself in the position to win, and that's what it takes. Congrats to the Trackhouse team for another W. Never did have the BIG big one, but enough to take out several potential contenders. Overall, a good race.

Now on to Dover.
It seemed like the bump drafting was more volatile than it had been - you could see the lead car bouncing all around when it was being bumped....so I was surprised they got thru those last 5 laps or so w/o an incident until that final stretch.

And man......how much would we have to pay to get Junior and Bowyer full time. They are great together.
ncsupack1
Steve Williams said:

I'm a big 43 fan so today was painful to watch lol

When it became apparent that my driver wasn't going to win, I thought it would have been cool to see the 43 back in victory lane.
caryking
Packchem91 said:

Bell Tower Grey said:

Now on to Dover.
It seemed like the bump drafting was more volatile than it had been - you could see the lead car bouncing all around when it was being bumped....so I was surprised they got thru those last 5 laps or so w/o an incident until that final stretch.

And man......how much would we have to pay to get Junior and Bowyer full time. They are great together.
Agree!

Joe Biden
TheStorm
Good race. My #24 should have stayed in line. Cost himself a Top 3 finish.
Wolfer79
Monday, April 25
4:30 a.m., NASCAR Cup Series: GEICO 500 at Talladega Superspeedway (re-air), FS1
10 a.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series: Ag-Pro 300 at Talladega Superspeedway (re-air), FS2
1 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: GEICO 500 at Talladega Superspeedway (re-air), FS2
6 p.m., NASCAR Race Hub, FS1
6 p.m. Motormouths, Peacock

Tuesday, April 26
Noon, ARCA Menards Series: General Tire 200 at Talladega Superspeedway (re-air), FS2
7 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: GEICO 500 at Talladega Superspeedway (re-air), FS1

Wednesday, April 27
6 p.m., Motormouths, Peacock
9 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: GEICO 500 at Talladega Superspeedway (re-air), FS2

Thursday, April 28
Midnight, NASCAR Xfinity Series: Ag-Pro 300 at Talladega Superspeedway (re-air), FS2
3 a.m., ARCA Menards Series: General Tire 200 at Talladega Superspeedway (re-air), FS2
5 a.m., The NASCARcade, FS2
7 p.m., NASCAR Race Hub: Best of Radioactive Dover, FS1

Friday, April 29
3 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series: Qualifying at Dover Motor Speedway, FS1
8:30 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series: Qualifying at Dover Motor Speedway (re-air), FS1
10 p.m., NASCAR Race Classics: 2011 Daytona 500 (re-air), FS1

On MRN:
5:30 p.m., ARCA Menards Series East: General Tire 125 at Dover Motor Speedway

Saturday, April 30
4:30 a.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series: Qualifying at Dover Motor Speedway (re-air), FS1
7:30 a.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series: Qualifying at Dover Motor Speedway (re-air), FS2
9 a.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series: Qualifying at Dover Motor Speedway (re-air), FS1
10:30 a.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Qualifying at Dover Motor Speedway, FS1
12:30 p.m., NASCAR RaceDay: Xfinity Series at Dover, FS1
1:30 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series: A-Game 200 at Dover Motor Speedway, FS1
11 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Qualifying at Dover Motor Speedway (re-air), FS1

On MRN:
10:30 a.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Qualifying at Dover Motor Speedway
1 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series: A-Game 200 at Dover Motor Speedway

Sunday, May 1
1 a.m., NACAR Xfinity Series: A-Game 200 at Dover Motor Speedway (re-air), FS1
6 a.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Qualifying at Dover Motor Speedway (re-air), FS2
8 a.m., NACAR Xfinity Series: A-Game 200 at Dover Motor Speedway (re-air), FS2
2 p.m., NASCAR RaceDay: Cup Series at Dover, FS1
3 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Duramax Drydene 400 presented by Reladyne at Dover Motor Speedway, FS1
3 p.m., IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship: WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca, NBC

On MRN:
2 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Duramax Drydene 400 presented by Reladyne at Dover Motor Speedway
Packchem91
TheStorm said:

But it goes against every fiber of these guys being to stay in line. Same with the 43 getting too big of a lead out of the 4th turn....exactly how does a guy learn to NOT get a big lead, and it happened in just a second.

Its why the drivers hate the super speedway racing while we love it (most of us)
TheStorm
Packchem91 said:

TheStorm said:

But it goes against every fiber of these guys being to stay in line. Same with the 43 getting too big of a lead out of the 4th turn....exactly how does a guy learn to NOT get a big lead, and it happened in just a second.

Its why the drivers hate the super speedway racing while we love it (most of us)
Hindsight being 20/20, the 43 should have stayed where he was as well. It's not like Larson had anyone attached to his rear bumper going high after the 1 let go of him.

The Kurt Busch bobble put an end to any chance that the outside lane might have had. I don't think it was a good chance for the outside anyway and thus why I wished Byron had stayed put running 5th in the main line. Bottom had been the stronger line all day.
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
.@Talladega saw a crowd of around 60,000 people in the grandstands for yesterday's @NASCAR #Geico500, along with thousands more in sold-out campgrounds, per sources.

ncsupack1
Looked good on tv. Keep it going.
Bell Tower Grey
It did look good. Sponsors had to love it. I'm not sure how the Dover crowd will be. Don't know why, but my gut says it won't be a great turnout. Hope I'm wrong.
Packchem91
TheStorm said:

Packchem91 said:

TheStorm said:

Hindsight being 20/20, the 43 should have stayed where he was as well. It's not like Larson had anyone attached to his rear bumper going high after the 1 let go of him.

The Kurt Busch bobble put an end to any chance that the outside lane might have had. I don't think it was a good chance for the outside anyway and thus why I wished Byron had stayed put running 5th in the main line. Bottom had been the stronger line all day.
yep, but again, you have like milliseconds to make those decisions against a continually evolving field. It is fascinating to watch....moreso than a fuel mileage race or a pit strategy road race, etc.
I do think it would have been cool if the 43 had won.
I'd also say the new crop of drivers, even reaching all the way up to Kyle Larson, is pretty strong. And/or, have strong equipment / teams.

ncsupack1
Bell Tower Grey said:

It did look good. Sponsors had to love it. I'm not sure how the Dover crowd will be. Don't know why, but my gut says it won't be a great turnout. Hope I'm wrong.

Yeah Dover crowd can be light some years. I'd love to see a good crowd also. I'm also waiting to see what SMI does long term with that track, I'm sure they got some sort of long term plan.
Steve Williams
Staff
Packchem91 said:

Bell Tower Grey said:

Now on to Dover.

I agree. Boyer and Jr were great. They'd be a helluva full time team.
Bell Tower Grey
Boyer and Jr would probably be pretty good to sit down and eat wings and drink beer with too, as long as Jr didn't bring up his beloved tarholes.
Wolfer79
.@FoxTV earned a 2.61 rating and 4.682 million viewers for Sunday's NASCAR Cup @Geico 500 @Talladega, down 1% from last year in viewership (2.81/4.701M).

Meanwhile the Xfinity race on Saturday got 2.061 million viewers, the most for any event in the series since Daytona 2017.

metcalfmafia
Wonder why it was down?
Wolfer79
metcalfmafia said:

Wonder why it was down?

NBA?

80 degree temperatures and who wants to stay inside?

eating, drinking. and fornicating with the neighbors?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.