NASCAR 2022/2023 Off Season Thread

87,901 Views | 1360 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Bell Tower Grey
Wolfer79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
.@StevePhelps on TV money talks with NASCAR teams: "I don't have a crystal ball ... but at the end, it'll be in a good place. ... The key for us is about the growth of the pie because then you're dealing at a position of strength."

: https://t.co/3BPTaoTmi5 https://t.co/h2GwLBOTV1
Wolfer79
Leaked Document Purportedly Shows NASCAR Planning A Demonstration Race Using Prototype Electric Vehicles Before The Clash In 2023 - @KickinTheTires https://t.co/ghiS1gBaBC
Bell Tower Grey
Wolfer79 said:

Leaked Document Purportedly Shows NASCAR Planning A Demonstration Race Using Prototype Electric Vehicles Before The Clash In 2023 - @KickinTheTires https://t.co/ghiS1gBaBC

"The Reddy Kilowatt Do or Die High Voltage 100"
TheStorm
Bell Tower Grey said:

Wolfer79 said:

LOL. I remember Reddy Kilowatt... Classic!
caryking
Bell Tower Grey said:

Wolfer79 said:

This is the kind of stuff that will cause the core nascar fan to walk away.
On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
ncsupack1
caryking said:

Bell Tower Grey said:

Wolfer79 said:

This is the kind of stuff that will cause the core nascar fan to walk away.

From what I've seen/read, I don't believe that it will replace anything. IMO in the next couple of years one will probably see some form of a hybrid engine. But I don't see a fully electric car in the cup series. I could be wrong but I just don't see it.
Wolfer79
Friday, July 22
7 a.m., NASCAR RaceDay (re-air), FS1
8 a.m., NASCAR Race Hub (Best of Radioactive: Trucks), FS1
8:30 a.m., NASCAR Race Hub (Race Hub Game Night: Truck Series Edition), FS1
9:30 a.m., NASCAR Race Hub (re-air), FS1
10:30 a.m., NASCAR Race Hub (Best of Features 2022 Season), FS1
11 a.m., NASCAR RaceDay (re-air), FS1
12:00 p.m., Austin Dillon's Life in the Fast Lane (re-air), USA Network
4:30 p.m., NASCAR Camping World Truck Series: Practice/Qualifying at Pocono Raceway, FS1
6 p.m., NASCAR Race Hub, FS1
6:30 p.m., ARCA Menards Series: General Tire Delivers 200 at Pocono Raceway, FS1
8:30 p.m., NASCAR Camping World Truck Series: Practice/Qualifying at Pocono Raceway (re-air), FS1
10 p.m., ARCA Menards Series: General Tire Delivers 200 at Pocono Raceway (re-air), FS1

On MRN:
6:30 p.m., ARCA Menards Series: General Tire Delivers 200 at Pocono Raceway
Wolfer79
Saturday, July 23
Midnight, NASCAR RaceDay (re-air), FS1
8 a.m., NASCAR Camping World Truck Series: Practice/Qualifying at Pocono Raceway (re-air), FS1
9:30 a.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series: Practice/Qualifying at Pocono Raceway, USA Network
11 a.m., Austin Dillon's Life in the Fast Lane (re-air), USA Network
11:30 a.m., Austin Dillon's Life in the Fast Lane (re-air), USA Network
11:30 a.m., NASCAR RaceDay: CWTS at Pocono, FOX
12 p.m., NASCAR Camping World Truck Series: CRC Brakleen 150 at Pocono Raceway, FOX
12 p.m., Austin Dillon's Life in the Fast Lane (re-air), USA Network
12:30 p.m., IMSA: Lime Rock Park 120 (re-air), USA Network
2:30 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Practice/Qualifying at Pocono Raceway, USA Network
4:30 p.m., Austin Dillon's Life in the Fast Lane (re-air), USA Network
5 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series: Explore the Pocono Mountains 225 at Pocono Raceway, USA Network
7 p.m., ARCA Menards Series: General Tire Delivers 200 at Pocono Raceway (re-air), FS1
7:30 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series Post-Race Show, USA Network

On MRN:
11:30 a.m., NASCAR Camping World Truck Series: CRC Brakleen 150 at Pocono Raceway
2:30 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Practice/Qualifying at Pocono Raceway
2:30 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series: Explore the Pocono Mountains 225 at Pocono Raceway
Wolfer79
.@RustyWallace says the buzz around IndyCar's doubleheader @IowaSpeedway "will help the track get a NASCAR Cup Series race sometime 'in the near future.'" https://t.co/eV6INgmntA
Wolfer79
.@MMSChocolate gave a lot to NASCAR financially $25 million to JGR annually but the Mars family was also a big backer of @KyleBusch.

: "They got to know me at a personal level and didn't always judge everything from a short clip they saw on TV." https://t.co/dWIzjONnFj
Wolfer79
.@KyleBusch earns one of the most lucrative salaries in NASCAR via @MarsGlobal's $25 million annual JGR deal, and JGR has conceded that it's proving difficult to fill the hole left by Mars.

In turn, that has increased industry speculation that Busch may leave JGR after 2022. https://t.co/5o3epHWXEJ
Wolfer79
.@Verizon this weekend at Pocono is promoting its Frontline network that first responders use via a paint scheme and ceremony.

Before the NASCAR Cup Series race at Pocono on Sunday and next weekend @IMS, a bunch of first responders will do a ceremonial lap on track.

Wolfer79
Brandon Igdalsky (@bigdalsky), the former Pocono Raceway President & CEO and current @NASCAR executive, is leaving full-time motorsports work after this weekend, after 33 years in the sport, to pursue some personal business aspirations and consulting gigs. https://t.co/Ch6sfFXqaQ
Wolfer79
.@PoconoRaceway is expected to at least approach a sellout for tomorrow's NASCAR Cup Series race, and the track says that it will have its strongest crowd in years.

This is the first year of Pocono being down to one Cup Series race. https://t.co/zTwVoaAKjI
ncsupack1
Good to see. From watching on tv the camping looked real good.
Wolfer79
Sunday, July 24
4 a.m., ARCA Menards Series: General Tire Delivers 200 at Pocono Raceway (re-air), FS2
6:30 a.m., The NASCARcade (re-air), FS2
7 a.m., NASCAR Camping World Truck Series: CRC Brakleen 150 at Pocono Raceway (re-air), FS2
9 a.m., NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour: Whelen 100 at New Hampshire Motor Speedway (re-air), USA Network
12:30 p.m., NASCAR RaceDay: Cup Series at Pocono Raceway, FS1
2 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Countdown to Green, USA Network
3 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: M&M's Fan Appreciation 400 at Pocono Raceway, USA Network
6:30 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Post-Race Show, USA Network
7 p.m., Austin Dillon's Life in the Fast Lane (re-air), USA Network
7:30 p.m., Austin Dillon's Life in the Fast Lane (re-air), USA Network
10 p.m., NASCAR Camping World Truck Series: CRC Brakleen 150 at Pocono Raceway (re-air), FS2

On MRN:
2:30 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: M&M's Fan Appreciation 400 at Pocono Raceway
Bell Tower Grey
Does anyone actually watch that Austin Dillon show? Having seen the commercials for it, I feel like it may take a special person to watch and enjoy it. Then again, I don't care for him anyhow.
Wolfer79
Bell Tower Grey said:

Does anyone actually watch that Austin Dillon show? Having seen the commercials for it, I feel like it may take a special person to watch and enjoy it. Then again, I don't care for him anyhow.

I tried Saturday flipping through channels
gave it 5 minutes
changed the channel
thought it might have been bad segment
it was not

just not something that interested me
TheStorm
Bell Tower Grey said:

BTG, the only poster that I know that watches it religiously right now is CaryKing... and he denies it of course... but it is also well known that he also used to claim that he had never seen Melrose Place before.

Of course, on the other hand, there is video of him on the net doing otherwise.

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/8cd8c99c-ad72-4bfb-a6a5-e76fc7455969
Bell Tower Grey
Wolfer79
NEWS: @KurtBusch has not been cleared to race at @PoconoRaceway following an evaluation this morning in the infield care center.
caryking
TheStorm said:

Bell Tower Grey said:

BTG, the only poster that I know that watches it religiously right now is CaryKing... and he denies it of course... but it is also well know that he also used to claim that he had never seen Melrose Place before.

Of course, on the other hand, there is video of him on the net doing otherwise.

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/8cd8c99c-ad72-4bfb-a6a5-e76fc7455969
Damn Storm… that's funny as crap!

Joe Biden
ncsupack1
Hate that. Be interesting to see how Ty takes advantage of the chance. Keep the car in one piece.
Bell Tower Grey
Hamlin rode Chastain into the wall, then held on to win. I've grown to dislike Hamlin over time, but this Chastain thing has cemented my opinion of him. Quit *****footing around, get out of the car, and fight it out like men...of course, Hamlin is too much corporate pretty boy and scared to take an ass whipping to do that. I hope someone rails him early at Indy next weekend.
Glasswolf
The #11 and #18 were disqualified. Chase Elliott is your winner
Bell Tower Grey
Gotta hate that, lol.
Packchem91
Glasswolf said:

The #11 and #18 were disqualified. Chase Elliott is your winner

Wow, I thought you were joking about this. I hate Hamlin and Busch so this is funny
ncsupack1
Wow…interesting. So this year we have Ford and Toyota getting popped for something. I guess Chevy is just that much faster? Lol
caryking
So, not only was Hamlin cheating, he wrecked Chastain while doing so…

Joe Biden
Wolfer79
Monday, July 25
12:30 a.m., NASCAR Camping World Truck Series: CRC Brakleen 150 at Pocono Raceway (re-air), FS2
4:30 a.m., ARCA Menards Series: General Tire Delivers 200 at Pocono Raceway (re-air), FS2
6 p.m., NASCAR America Motormouths, Peacock

Tuesday, July 26
12:02 a.m., Austin Dillon's Life in the Fast Lane: V-Day Do-Over (re-air), USA Network
12:32 a.m., Austin Dillon's Life in the Fast Lane: Daddy Daycare (re-air), USA Network
2:30 a.m., NASCAR Camping World Truck Series: CRC Brakleen 150 at Pocono Raceway (re-air), FS1
7 p.m., NASCAR Presents: Beyond the Wheel (re-air), FS1

Wednesday, July 27
11 a.m., NASCAR Camping World Truck Series: CRC Brakleen 150 at Pocono Raceway (re-air), FS2
6 p.m., NASCAR America Motormouths, Peacock
8 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: 1994 Brickyard 400 (re-air), FS1

Thursday, July 28
9:31 p.m., Austin Dillon's Life in the Fast Lane: Counting Cards and Cars, USA Network
10:03 p.m., Austin Dillon's Life in the Fast Lane: Start Your Engines Supersized, USA Network

Friday, July 29
12:34 a.m., Austin Dillon's Life in the Fast Lane: Counting Cards and Cars (re-air), USA Network
4 a.m., NASCAR Camping World Truck Series: CRC Brakleen 150 at Pocono Raceway (re-air), FS2
3 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series: Qualifying at Indianapolis Motor Speedway Road Course, USA Network
4:30 p.m., NASCAR Camping World Truck Series: Qualifying at Lucas Oil Indianapolis Raceway Park, FS1
4:30 p.m., Austin Dillon's Life in the Fast Lane: Counting Cards and Cars (re-air), USA Network
5:30 p.m., NASCAR Race Hub, FS1
6 p.m., ARCA Menards Series: Reese's 200 at Lucas Oil Indianapolis Raceway Park, FS1
8 p.m., NASCAR RaceDay: NCWTS at IRP, FS1
9 p.m., NASCAR Camping World Truck Series: TSport 200 at Lucas Oil Indianapolis Raceway Park, FS1

On MRN:
6 p.m., ARCA Menards Series: Reese's 200 at Lucas Oil Indianapolis Raceway Park
8:30 p.m., NASCAR Camping World Truck Series: TSport 200 at Lucas Oil Indianapolis Raceway Park

Saturday, July 30
3 a.m., ARCA Menards Series: Reese's 200 at Lucas Oil Indianapolis Raceway Park (re-air), FS1
6 a.m., Austin Dillon's Life in the Fast Lane: Counting Cards and Cars (re-air), USA Network
9:30 a.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Qualifying at Indianapolis Motor Speedway Road Course, USA Network
10 a.m., NASCAR Camping World Truck Series: TSport 200 at Lucas Oil Indianapolis Raceway Park (re-air), FS1
3 p.m., Countdown to Green, NBC
3:30 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series: Pennzoil 150 at the Brickyard, NBC

On PRN and IMS Radio:
3 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series: Pennzoil 150 at the Brickyard

Sunday, July 31
12:32 a.m., Austin Dillon's Life in the Fast Lane: Counting Cards and Cars (re-air), USA Network
9 a.m., NASCAR Camping World Truck Series: TSport 200 at Lucas Oil Indianapolis Raceway Park (re-air), FS2
Noon, NASCAR RaceDay: NCS at Indianapolis, FS1
2 p.m., Countdown to Green, NBC
2:30 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Verizon 200 at the Brickyard, NBC

On PRN and IMS Radio:
1:30 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Verizon 200 at the Brickyard
TheStorm
caryking said:

I'm pretty sure that Ross "just ran out of track" there...
caryking
TheStorm said:

caryking said:

I'm pretty sure that Ross "just ran out of track" there...
Every week, I'm becoming more of a Ross C fan. The guy is really good!

Joe Biden
Wolfer79
'Judging by Sunday's crowd, Pocono is almost certain of keeping at least one Cup race on the NASCAR schedule for years to come.' - @MCall https://t.co/Om5gvHdPnn

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.