NASCAR 2022/2023 Off Season Thread

88,170 Views | 1360 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Bell Tower Grey
ncsupack1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Bell Tower Grey said:

ncsupack1 said:

Nice looking car! I love the drink myself.
Yep. It can bring out the best in the worst of booze.

Lol…never thought about that.
metcalfmafia
Sun Drop is the ultimate mixer.

I do miss the old formula though. Wood pulp and all
Bell Tower Grey
ncsupack1 said:

Bell Tower Grey said:

ncsupack1 said:

My late, former father in law used it as a mixer for a hideous corn whiskey called "Mellow Corn". The first and last time I ever tried it left me hung over and sicker than a woman pregnant with twins. But, the 7 Up did its job, and got me drunker than Cooter Brown. Never again, and that was over 40 years ago.
caryking
Bell Tower Grey said:

ncsupack1 said:

Bell Tower Grey said:

ncsupack1 said:

My late, former father in law used it as a mixer for a hideous corn whiskey called "Mellow Corn". The first and last time I ever tried it left me hung over and sicker than a woman pregnant with twins. But, the 7 Up did its job, and got me drunker than Cooter Brown. Never again, and that was over 40 years ago.
BTG, great post!
On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
Wolfer79
Michigan International Speedway has sold out of infield camping for a NASCAR race weekend for the first time since 2012. - @TDesOrmeau https://t.co/3Nj2hB9SKY
Wolfer79
Friday, August 5
12:33 a.m., Austin Dillon's Life in the Fast Lane: Plenty of Pit Stops (re-air), USA Network
1 p.m., NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour: Clash at Claremont 150, USA Network
6 p.m., NASCAR Race Hub, FS1
7 p.m., NASCAR Race Classic: 1998 Daytona 500, FS1
9 p.m., NASCAR Race Classic: 1994 Brickyard 400, FS2
Wolfer79
Saturday, August 6
3 p.m., Countdown to Green, USA Network
3:30 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series: New Holland 250 from Michigan, USA Network, NBC Sports App
6 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series post-race show, USA Network

On MRN:
12:30 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Pole Qualifying
3 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series: New Holland 250
6:30 p.m., ARCA Menards Series: Henry Ford Health 200
ncsupack1
Wolfer79 said:

Michigan International Speedway has sold out of infield camping for a NASCAR race weekend for the first time since 2012. - @TDesOrmeau https://t.co/3Nj2hB9SKY

Hopefully the stands are full as well.
Glasswolf
ncsupack1 said:

Wolfer79 said:

Just never got all that excited about Michigan. Seems to be a "follow the leader" race.
Bell Tower Grey
Glasswolf said:

ncsupack1 said:

Wolfer79 said:

Just never got all that excited about Michigan. Seems to be a "follow the leader" race.
Given that Michigan was the center of automobile production for years, I am still disappointed that the track isn't more of a super speedway track like Daytona and Talladega. The racing there is difficult for me to watch and always has been.
ncsupack1
Bell Tower Grey said:

Glasswolf said:

ncsupack1 said:

Wolfer79 said:

Given that Michigan was the center of automobile production for years, I am still disappointed that the track isn't more of a super speedway track like Daytona and Talladega. The racing there is difficult for me to watch and always has been.

I'm hoping we will see the 3-5 wide racing as before. I like the track…jmo
Packchem91
Bell Tower Grey said:

Glasswolf said:

ncsupack1 said:

Wolfer79 said:

Same. It, California, NH, and Dover are tracks I've just chosen to ignore in the past
Maybe the new car makes it better
Wolfer79
Sunday, August 7
Noon, IMSA Auto Racing, USA Network
12:30: NASCAR RaceDay, FS1
2:30, Countdown to Green, USA Network
3 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series FireKeepers 400 from Michigan, USA Network, NBC Sports App
6 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series post-race show, USA Network

On MRN Radio:
2 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series FireKeepers 400
ncsupack1
Finally. Let's race.
Bell Tower Grey
Gonna start with it and see how it goes. No rubber on the track might make it worth watching for a while.
ncsupack1
Bell Tower Grey said:

Gonna start with it and see how it goes. No rubber on the track might make it worth watching for a while.
That was some really hard rain there.
TheStorm
What a shame...
metcalfmafia
TheStorm said:

What a shame...

That honestly is just horrible luck to me. That tire randomly bounced off the wall back to the track.
TheStorm
I'm talking about the 41... really tough break.
metcalfmafia
TheStorm said:

Oh sorry thought you were talking about Ross.
ncsupack1
TheStorm said:

Crazy fire there.
TheStorm
Kind of a strange race... whoever was upfront had the best car, and everyone had a turn it seemed.

Not a Harvick fan in general, but didn't mind seeing him win either... I know that the Ford execs are happy.
Bell Tower Grey
Yeah. Looked like the cars in clean air got faster than I've seen them in a while. Glad to see Harvick score one for the older guys. Wouldn't be surprised to see him retire after this season.
Packchem91
TheStorm said:

Kind of a strange race... whoever was upfront had the best car, and everyone had a turn it seemed.

Not a Harvick fan in general, but didn't mind seeing him win either... I know that the Ford execs are happy.
I was pulling for Wallace there, and have not been a Harvick fan, but after watching his post race, glad he got it done.

I think it was ncsupack i was chatting with on this just a week or two ago if harvick could get it done and get a win to get into the POs....and darned if the guy stepped up.

Agree on the race though -- that was like the aero races where one guy in the lead just drives away from everyone.
Wolfer79
Today marked Michigan International Speedway's best attendance since 2016. https://t.co/mMuwiuhNqK
PossumJenkins
Love Dale Jr in the booth and his perspective…but really don't like the role they have him in. He should be more on the color side than the play by play role
Glasswolf
Jr is almost as excited calling a race as he was running a race. Love his broadcast. His dirty mo podcast is a must listen to also. Yesterday was a better race than I thought it would be.
TheStorm
PossumJenkins said:

Love Dale Jr in the booth and his perspective…but really don't like the role they have him in. He should be more on the color side than the play by play role
Yeah, got to agree with that all the way around... he's really good at the role that they have him in, but you know that he'd be even better as the color guy.
TheStorm
Packchem91 said:

TheStorm said:

I was pulling for Wallace there, and have not been a Harvick fan, but after watching his post race, glad he got it done.

I think it was ncsupack i was chatting with on this just a week or two ago if harvick could get it done and get a win to get into the POs....and darned if the guy stepped up.

Agree on the race though -- that was like the aero races where one guy in the lead just drives away from everyone.
I wouldn't have had a problem with Bubba winning either, the way that he drove away from the field at the start was similar to the way that Harvick drove away at the end.

Taking the entire race in and watching a lot of different cars upfront that no one could pass, I'd have to say that (in no certain order) Harvick, Wallace and Chastain probably had the three best cars... would have been interesting if all three of them had been up there on that last restart.
Wolfer79
Monday, August 8
9:30 a.m., NASCAR Auto Racing Classics: 1994 Brickyard 400, FS2
12:30 p.m., NASCAR Auto Racing Classics: 1986 Miller High Life 400, FS2
6 p.m., NASCAR America Motormouths, Peacock
7 p.m., NASCAR Auto Racing Classics: 1986 Miller High Life 400, FS1
10 p.m., Best of Radioactive: Richmond, FS1
11 p.m., Best of Features 2022 Season, FS1

Tuesday, August 9
6 a.m., Best of Radioactive: Richmond (re-air), FS1
7 p.m., Best of Radioactive: Richmond (re-air), FS1

Wednesday, August 10
1:38 a.m., Austin Dillon's Life in the Fast Lane (re-air), USA Network
6 p.m., NASCAR America Motormouths, Peacock

Thursday, August 11
6 p.m., Dale Jr. Download, Peacock
9:31 p.m., Austin Dillon's Life in the Fast Lane: The Dadchelor Party, USA Network

Friday, August 12
12:34 a.m., Austin Dillon's Life in the Fast Lane (re-air), USA Network
7 p.m., Best of Radioactive: Richmond (re-air), FS1
10 p.m., NASCAR Race Classic: 1986 Miller High Life 400, FS1

Saturday, August 13
3 a.m., NASCAR Auto Racing: 1986 Miller High Life 400, FS2
8 a.m., Refuse to Lose: Jeff Gordon and the 1997 Daytona 500 (re-air), FS1
9 a.m., Best of Radioactive: Richmond (re-air), FS1
10 a.m., NASCAR Auto Racing Classics: 1998 Hardee's 250, FS1
1:30 p.m., Austin Dillon's Life in the Fast Lane (re-air), FS1
2 p.m., IMSA Auto Racing: Super Trofeo (re-air), USA Network
3 p.m., IMSA Auto Racing: Pilot Challenge (re-air), USA Network
3 p.m., NASCAR Camping World Truck Series practice/qualifying at Richmond Raceway, FS1
5 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series practice/qualifying at Richmond Raceway, USA Network, NBC Sports App
7 p.m., NASCAR RaceDay: NCWTS Richmond, FS1
8 p.m., NASCAR Camping World Truck Series: Worldwide Express 250 from Richmond, FS1

On MRN:
5 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Pole Qualifying
7:30 p.m., NASCAR Camping World Truck Series: Worldwide Express 250

Sunday, August 14
7:30 a.m., Best of Radioactive: Richmond (re-air), FS1
8 a.m., NASCAR Camping World Truck Series: Worldwide Express 250 (re-air), FS1
12 p.m., NASCAR RaceDay, FS1
2 p.m., Countdown to Green, USA Network
2:50 p.m., IMSA Auto Racing, Peacock
3 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series Federated Auto Parts 400 from Richmond, USA Network, NBC Sports App
6:30 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series post-race show, USA Network

On MRN Radio:
3 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Federated Auto Parts 400
ncsupack1
Packchem91 said:

TheStorm said:

I believe that was me. I was happy as heck as a 4 fan. Overall pretty good weekend of racing. Good time for that team to start winning, but lots of work still to be done. Also, the 5 gave the 4 one heck of a push.
ncsupack1
Bell Tower Grey said:

Yeah. Looked like the cars in clean air got faster than I've seen them in a while. Glad to see Harvick score one for the older guys. Wouldn't be surprised to see him retire after this season.

I'd be surprised if he did. When he does talk he doesn't sound like he is thinking of stepping down. I think next year is it.
Wolfer79
.@USA_Network earned a 1.54 rating and 2.621 million viewers for Sunday's race at Michigan, up from both last year's event there in late August and the comparable weekend in 2021 at Watkins Glen.

It was the second highest rated sport event of the weekend after @NFL HOF game. https://t.co/V3qnZMlhuM
Wolfer79
Asking prices for NASCAR charters have reached $20 million, per sources, despite continuing skepticism from some in the industry over the true value of the sport's version of franchises.

That's up 48% from the $13.5M that 23XI paid just last year.

: https://t.co/R7hhW7uxlU https://t.co/979YKfH5vJ
Wolfer79
.@NASCAR later this month will break ground on a $28.5 million, 58,000-square foot production facility next to its R&D Center in Concord, N.C., per @Ourand_SBJ.

: https://t.co/57datJzrj6 https://t.co/jwWCFkKNXC

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.