NASCAR 2022/2023 Off Season Thread

88,780 Views | 1360 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Bell Tower Grey
Wolfer79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Wolfer79
Steve Williams
Staff
Probably the most entertaining 600 I've ever watched. Really fun race to watch.
ncsupack1
Yes it was. I don't need 600 miles every week, but I'm good with what I saw last night. I also have been a season ticket holder their for a long time and I can't remember a car barrel rolling before on the front stretch.
caryking
Damned if I didn't fall a sleep and missed the final segment (100 laps)…. Watched highlights and have to say: how in the hell did Kyle Larson get competitive at the end? His night sucked while I was awake.
On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
ncsupack1
That guy surprised me with what he did as well.
Packchem91
ncsupack1 said:

Yes it was. I don't need 600 miles every week, but I'm good with what I saw last night. I also have been a season ticket holder their for a long time and I can't remember a car barrel rolling before on the front stretch.
I know it was partly caution-induced, but the lead changes and position swaps thru the field are what people want to see, and had clearly been missing from the 1.5 mile speedways over the past half dozen+ years. Sunday was more like the earlier vintages of the all-star race, just played out over 600 laps.

And someone on here suggested the new guy to get behind that is not just a bought up clone is Ross Chastain...well, I think I'm on board.
Steve Williams
Staff
Packchem91 said:

ncsupack1 said:

I know it was partly caution-induced, but the lead changes and position swaps thru the field are what people want to see, and had clearly been missing from the 1.5 mile speedways over the past half dozen+ years. Sunday was more like the earlier vintages of the all-star race, just played out over 600 laps.

And someone on here suggested the new guy to get behind that is not just a bought up clone is Ross Chastain...well, I think I'm on board.
Chastain has been the hottest driver on the circuit of late.
Packchem91
Steve Williams said:

Packchem91 said:

ncsupack1 said:

I don't know how the technology of it works, but this new car has certainly made for a more balanced result. Sometimes the crafty veterans like Hamlin / Busch are going to hang around and still win, but pretty much all the top 20-25 drivers have a shot at every race, not just the 4 restrictor track races.
ncsupack1
I won't get into details…too long to type, but this new car is amazing. I've seen this car three times in person and it's really cool sounding and looks good. But if you have time one day read up on the car.
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
.@FoxTV got a 2.2 rating and 3.869 million viewers for Sunday's @CocaCola 600, down a tick from a 2.3 rating and 4.061 million viewers last year.

For the Fox broadcast races this year (so not including @FS1), NASCAR averaged 4.59 million viewers, up 10% over last year. https://t.co/C04Vxxf7X5
Wolfer79
PossumJenkins
Steve Williams said:

Packchem91 said:

ncsupack1 said:

Haha...that was me. I literally texted him and his manager on group thread we're on Sunday night and joking said "This Chastain &%*@er...every time I turn on the race" It's been crazy to watch how competitive he's been every single race it seems.
caryking
PossumJenkins said:

Steve Williams said:

Packchem91 said:

ncsupack1 said:

Haha...that was me. I literally texted him and his manager on group thread we're on Sunday night and joking said "This Chastain &%*@er...every time I turn on the race" It's been crazy to watch how competitive he's been every single race it seems.
I like Chastain! He brings a grittiness to NASCAR we need. Too many of the top drivers (even though I pull for a few) are stale. We need drivers that don't mind mixing it up.

BTW, the Austin Dillon move late in the race was awesome to see…

Joe Biden
caryking
Wolfer79 said:

That's a good looking car. Man, I wish RCR would win a few races this year.

Joe Biden
caryking
Wolfer79 said:

You know you're getting old when older women are hot looking. Shannon Spake does it for me…

Joe Biden
Wolfer79
Friday, June 3
5 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Practice at World Wide Technology Raceway, FS1
6 p.m., NASCAR Camping World Truck Series: Qualifying at World Wide Technology Raceway, FS1
7:30 p.m., NASCAR Race Hub: Weekend Edition Portland, FS1
8 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series: Qualifying at Portland International Raceway, FS1

On MRN:
5 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Practice at World Wide Technology Raceway
Wolfer79
Saturday, June 4
1:30 a.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Practice at World Wide Technology Raceway (re-air), FS1
2:30 a.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series: Qualifying at Portland International Raceway (re-air), FS1
4 a.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Practice at World Wide Technology Raceway (re-air), FS2
5 a.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series: Qualifying at Portland International Raceway (re-air), FS2
11 a.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Qualifying at World Wide Technology Raceway, FS1
12:30 p.m., NASCAR RaceDay: NCWTS at Gateway, FS1
1:30 p.m., NASCAR Camping World Truck Series: Toyota 200 at World Wide Technology Raceway, FS1
4 p.m., NASCAR RaceDay: NXS at Portland, FS1
4:30 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series: Pacific Office Automation 147 at Portland International Raceway, FS1
11:30 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series: Pacific Office Automation 147 at Portland International Raceway (re-air), FS1

On MRN:
11 a.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Qualifying at World Wide Technology Raceway
1 p.m., NASCAR Camping World Truck Series: Toyota 200 at World Wide Technology Raceway
4 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series: Pacific Office Automation 147 at Portland International Raceway
7:30 p.m., ARCA Menarda Series: Portland 100
ncsupack1
Full day for sure. Not sure how feel about Portland. Didn't see any of it yesterday. Looks like smoking ribs and watching racing today.
ncsupack1
Car looks good. I'm surprised that they haven't yet. I'm a Ford guy but with the way Chevy has run, kinda surprised.
Bell Tower Grey
Rain run today. Interesting. Grooved tires and wipers on a road course.
ncsupack1
I'm not a fan of racing anything in the rain, but that's me. This race has been boring…IMO
Bell Tower Grey
I just turned to that channel. Have been watching the women's US Open golf tournamet @ PIne Needles.

I'm not a fan of road courses, but this rain running is interesting.
Wolfer79
Sunday, June 5
2 p.m., NASCAR RaceDay: NCS at Gateway, FS1
3:30 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Enjoy Illinois 300 at World Wide Technology Raceway, FS1

On MRN:
2:30 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Enjoy Illinois 300 at World Wide Technology Raceway
caryking
Hamlin's an ass!

Joe Biden
Packchem91
caryking said:

Hamlin's an ass!

We agree! I hope the favor is returned in the playoffs and cause him to miss advancing
ncsupack1
Not a 11 fan but the 1 was making no friends. The 1 even admitted that he messed up. You know you are making bad decisions when you can get the 11 and 9 working together. I think that the 1 had 11,9,19 all mad at him. But I will say for Hamlin either wreck the 1 or move on….either way funny to watch…lol
caryking
ncsupack1 said:

Not a 11 fan but the 1 was making no friends. The 1 even admitted that he messed up. You know you are making bad decisions when you can get the 11 and 9 working together. I think that the 1 had 11,9,19 all mad at him. But I will say for Hamlin either wreck the 1 or move on….either way funny to watch…lol
You have to admit, Chastain's post race interview was very admirable... Ross is slowly becoming one of my favorite drivers.

Joe Biden
Packchem91
ncsupack1 said:

he did for sure...and I have no issue with Hamlin seeking payback 1 time. But how many times did he slow down the 1 even though Hamlin was no longer a factor. So I just hope when he's needing a good finish to advance in the POs, Chastain returns the favor and purposefully slows him down.

**I will say, Hamlin's interview, he at least acknowledged it was just part of the learning process and that they'd all been thru it.

***Also, it is great for the broadcast to have that type of stuff going on. I just don't like Hamlin (nor the Bushes, not Lagano, nor Harvick, nor Kes lol)
Wolfer79
"I owe half the field an apology ... I can't believe that I continue to make the same mistakes."

@JamieLittleTV talks with Ross Chastain after his run-ins with competitors at Gateway. https://t.co/o3XicpVLJ0
Wolfer79
Monday, June 6
4:30 a.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Enjoy Illinois 300 at World Wide Technology Raceway (re-air), FS1
8:30 a.m., Renegades: The Bad Boys of NASCAR (re-air), FS2
9:30 a.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series: Pacific Office Automation 147 at Portland International Raceway (re-air), FS2
11:30 a.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Enjoy Illinois 300 at World Wide Technology Raceway (re-air), FS2
6 p.m., NASCAR Race Hub, FS1
6 p.m., Motormouths, Peacock

Tuesday, June 7
3:30 a.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Enjoy Illinois 300 at World Wide Technology Raceway (re-air), FS1
11 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series:Enjoy Illinois 300 at World Wide Technology Raceway (re-air), FS2

Wednesday, June 8
6 p.m., Motormouths, Peacock

Thursday, June 9
12 a.m., NASCAR Camping World Truck Series: Toyota 200 at World Wide Technology Raceway (re-air), FS2
4 a.m., The NASCARcade (re-air), FS2
7 p.m., NASCAR Race Hub Best of Radioactive: Road Courses, FS1

Friday, June 10
9 a.m., NASCAR Race Hub Best of Radioactive: Talladega Superspeedway, FS2
9:30 a.m., NASCAR Cup Series: 1989 Banquet Frozen Foods 300 (re-air), FS2

Saturday, June 11
8 a.m., NASCAR Cup Series: 1989 Banquet Frozen Foods 300 (re-air), FS1
11 a.m., NASCAR Race Hub Best of Radioactive: Road Courses (re-air), FS1
2 p.m., NASCAR Camping World Truck Series: Qualifying at Sonoma Raceway, FS1
5 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Qualifying at Sonoma Raceway, FS2
6:30 p.m., Unrivaled: Earnhardt vs. Gordon (re-air), FS2
7 p.m., NASCAR RaceDay: NCWTS at Sonoma Raceway, FS1
7:30 p.m, NASCAR Camping World Truck Series: Sonoma Raceway FS1
10 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Qualifying at Sonoma Raceway (re-air), FS1

On MRN:
2:30 p.m., ARCA Menards Series: General Tire 200 at Sonoma Raceway
7 p.m., NASCAR Camping World Truck Series: DoorDash 250 at Sonoma Raceway

Sunday, June 12
12 a.m., NASCAR Camping World Truck Series: DoorDash 250 at Sonoma Raceway (re-air), FS1
1 a.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Qualifying at Sonoma Raceway (re-air), FS2
2:30 a.m., NASCAR Camping World Truck Series: DoorDash 250 at Sonoma Raceway (re-air), FS2
4:30 a.m., NASCAR Race Hub Best of Radioactive: Road Courses (re-air), FS2
5:30 a.m., The NASCARcade (re-air), FS2
6 a.m., NASCAR Cup Series: 1989 Banquet Frozen Foods 300 (re-air), FS2
9 a.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Qualifying Toyota/Save Mart 350 at Sonoma Raceway, FS2
10:30 a.m., NASCAR Camping World Truck Series: DoorDash 250 at Sonoma Raceway (re-air), FS2
2 p.m., NASCAR RaceDay: Sonoma Raceway, FS1
4 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Toyota/Save Mart 350 at Sonoma Raceway, FS1

On PRN:
3 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Toyota/Save Mart 350 at Sonoma Raceway
metcalfmafia
Blaney's pit crew continues to lose him races...
ncsupack1
To a point but he is no longer a underdog. He can't play both sides…JMO but yes he man up.
Wolfer79
Thursday
Lightning @ Rangers
8pm
espn
series tied 2-2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.