NASCAR 2022/2023 Off Season Thread

86,221 Views | 1360 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Bell Tower Grey
Bell Tower Grey
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ncsupack1 said:

Not a bad weekend of racing. Enjoyed it for sure. Now, hopefully Martinsville is better than the spring race.
D. Wallace going to be back in his car this weekend?

If so, God forbid it's a typical Martinsville race with all hard rubbing and loving going on.....if he gets knocked out, or damaged to the back of the race, I can't imagine how bad he'll be whining then.
TheStorm
I enjoyed watching the Homestead race this past weekend. I enjoy watching a dominant car like that, as it's very rare to be able to watch someone come back through the field with limited laps left on a track where it's hard to pass.

Byron was set up for a nice points day, but the crew completely blew it with the setup going into the final stage... he was fortunate to finish as high as he did to be honest with you.

Martinsville is the final transfer race, right?
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
1) NASCAR (@NBC): 1.42 rating, 2.311 million viewers
2) F1 (@ABCNetwork) 0.64, 1.113 million

But the F1 number from @ShowBuzzDaily includes the pre-race show, which lowers the average; ESPN will release a race-specific number later today

Wolfer79
NASCAR
NASCAR Xfinity Series Playoffs Round of 8
Dead On Tools 250, Martinsville Speedway, Martinsville, VA
Qualifying USA Network, 4 p.m.
NASCAR Race Hub FS1, 6 p.m.
Wolfer79
Saturday, Oct. 29
1 a.m., Race for the Championship (re-air), USA Network
12 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series practice, NBC Sports App
12:30 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series practice/qualifying at Martinsville Speedway, USA Network
2 p.m., Dale Jr. Download (re-air), USA Network
2:30 p.m., NASCAR Countdown to Green: Xfinity Series, NBC
3:30 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series Dead On Tools 250 at Martinsville Speedway, NBC, Peacock
11 p.m., NASCAR's Greatest Races: 2010 Goody's Fast Pain Relief 500 at Martinsville Speedway (re-air), FS2

On MRN:
12 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series qualifying at Martinsville Speedway
2:30 p.m. NASCAR Xfinity Series Dead On Tools 250 at Martinsville Speedway
Wolfer79
NASCAR
NASCAR Cup Series Playoffs Round of 8
Xfinity 500, Martinsville Speedway, Martinsville, VA
Qualifying USA Network, 12:30 p.m.
NASCAR Xfinity Series Playoffs Round of 8
Dead On Tools 250, Martinsville Speedway, Martinsville, VA
Race NBC/Peacock, 3 p.m.
Dale Jr. Download USA Network, 2 p.m.
ncsupack1
Wolfer79 said:

What a sad time. IMO, Mars should have stayed.
TheStorm
ncsupack1 said:

Wolfer79 said:

Trying to remember, but didn't Ernie have M&M's on the 38 (not 100% sure about that number) after he was released from the Yates 28 car?
ncsupack1
TheStorm said:

ncsupack1 said:

Wolfer79 said:

Trying to remember, but didn't Ernie have M&M's on the 38 (not 100% sure about that number) after he was released from the Yates 28 car?

Not sure, sounds right…going to go look.
Bell Tower Grey
Interesting Busch race today. Ty Gibbs didn't make any friends with his win. Ol' Joe gonna have to have a hard talk with his teams.
Glasswolf
TheStorm said:

ncsupack1 said:

Wolfer79 said:

Payton Wilson on what he thought of Carter Finley: Drunk Crazy Crowded

ncsupack1
Wow…Gibbs…
Bell Tower Grey
https://www.jayski.com/2022/10/29/ty-gibbs-wrecks-teammate-brandon-jones-on-final-lap-to-win-martinsville/

PossumJenkins
Bell Tower Grey said:

Interesting Busch race today. Ty Gibbs didn't make any friends with his win. Ol' Joe gonna have to have a hard talk with his teams.

Where do you think it comes from? Coach has been a hypocrite hiding behind his Christianity for years. Grandson gets it honest. The Christianity i learned looks a lot different than theirs
Bell Tower Grey
As a Christian, I understand your point. Coach Gibbs has always had a somewhat "Joel Osteen smugness" about him..... entitlement, maybe? IDK, but from what I've seen his grandson is nothing more than a spoiled little dick that needs a good ass whipping or two.
PossumJenkins
ncsupack1
Life has a way of fixing things. IMO…we won't see this from Gibbs next year. If he thinks that his way will work in Cup, then his career will not be long. The drivers have a way of fixing these things.
Wolfer79
Sunday, Oct. 30
11:30 a.m., NASCAR RaceDay: Martinsville, FS1
1:30 p.m., NASCAR Countdown to Green: Cup Series, NBC
2 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series Xfinity 500 at Martinsville Speedway, NBC

On MRN:
1 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series Xfinity 500 at Martinsville Speedway
Wolfer79
NASCAR
NASCAR Cup Series Playoffs Round of 8
Xfinity 500, Martinsville Speedway, Martinsville, VA
Race NBC, 2 p.m.
NASCAR RaceDay: Martinsville FS1, 11:30 a.m.
NASCAR Countdown to Green NBC, 1:30 p.m.
Bell Tower Grey
ncsupack1 said:

Life has a way of fixing things. IMO…we won't see this from Gibbs next year. If he thinks that his way will work in Cup, then his career will not be long. The drivers have a way of fixing these things.
Hope so. I miss the days of Cale Yarborough trying to whip every Allison inside the track.
ncsupack1
Bell Tower Grey said:

ncsupack1 said:

Hope so. I miss the days of Cale Yarborough trying to whip every Allison inside the track.

The kid is good, but not stupid. I think he knows what he can and can't get away with.
caryking
unbelievable ending!!!!!
On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
Packchem91
One of the most unbelievable endings I've ever seen. It truly doesn't even look real
Glasswolf
Not sure what I just saw RC do right there

SniderFC
I'm not a nascar fan by any means, just happened to flip over at halftime of the LA-SF game and that was one of the most incredible things I've seen ever among any sporting events. Truly a video game like ending.
PossumJenkins
I have never gone from so low to so high in such a short period. My guy just sent it. Unreal
Bell Tower Grey
Mrs. and I have been traveling today and got home in time to see the last 20 or so laps. When the 1 pulled that move, we both loooked at each other and were speechless. Good on him for giving it a try. He gained a ton of new fans today. Hamlin looked like he was in disbelief in his post race interview. Love it!
Steve Williams
Staff
Holy crap. Man, they'll be talking about that move 50 years from now. Unbelievable.
Steve Williams
Staff
Glasswolf
Kyle Larson already crying about it saying it was embarrassing.

Bell Tower Grey
And yet, if he had the balls to try something like that and it worked, all would be right with the world. Sour grapes on his part. Maybe he and Darrell Wallace can split a bottle of wine and commiserate together.
PossumJenkins
Larson literally tried the same thing LAST YEAR! And has tried it multiple times before. Most of these guys don't like Ross. And I'm saying that having known Kyle since the group i was with brought him into Nascar. I'll actually give DH credit. He said it was a heck of a move. Haterade is a strong mix tonight.

Only thing Larson needs to be embarrassed about it getting treated like a rag doll on the front stretch of LVMS and not doing a single thing.
ncsupack1
Congrats to Bell, drove great. Also, nice crowd yesterday, was nice to worry about traffic.
TheStorm
Yeah, I wasn't a big fan of his move on the road course at Indy earlier in the year... but that move he pulled off yesterday was ****ing incredible! Dude has the biggest balls of anybody I've ever seen after that one. That was Hall-of-Fame worthy right there. Thus my comment a couple of weeks back at Talladega, if they hadn't of had that late caution I firmly believe that he was going to make something happen and win that race as well... he was set up perfectly for someone like him with the balls to make a bold move.

And did you hear him say in the interview, NASCAR '05 video game and that he used to pull that move off there and always was waiting to try it in real life? Well, he picked a pretty damn good time and that's all I'm going to say about that.

Shout out for a good season to William Byron in my #24, made it to the round of 8 but never was really in the picture to advance yesterday. Getting better every year though, and I look forward to seeing him again in 2023.

Next week is going to be exciting.

Logano. Bell. Elliott. Chastain.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.