NASCAR 2022/2023 Off Season Thread

88,874 Views | 1360 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Bell Tower Grey
Steve Williams
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
I think I saw one pass for the lead yesterday. Please just stop with the road courses. Bring back Daytona on the 4th.
Wolfer79
Monday, July 4
6 p.m., NASCAR Race Hub, FS1,
6 p.m., Motormouths, Peacock
11:31 p.m., Austin Dillon's Life in the Fast Lane (re-air), USA Network

Tuesday, July 5
6 p.m., NASCAR Race Hub, FS1
7 p.m., NASCAR Race Hub: Best of Radioactive Atlanta Motor Speedway, FS1
7:30 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: 2005 Golden Corral 500 at Atlanta Motor Speedway (re-air), FS1

Wednesday, July 6
7 p.m., The Day: Richard Petty's last race, FS1

Thursday, July 7
2 a.m., Austin Dillon's Life in the Fast Lane (re-air), USA Network
2:30 a.m., Austin Dillon's Life in the Fast Lane (re-air), USA Network
6 p.m., Dale Jr. Download, Peacock
7 p.m., NASCAR Race Hub: Best of Radioactive Atlanta Motor Speedway (re-air), FS1
9:31 p.m., Austin Dillon's Life in the Fast Lane, USA Network
12:32 p.m., Austin Dillon's Life in the Fast Lane (re-air), USA Network

Friday, July 8
12:32 a.m., Austin Dillon's Life in the Fast Lane (re-air), USA Network
Noon, IMSA Michelin Pilot Challenge: Canadian Tire Motorsport Park 120 (re-air), USA Network
3:30 p.m., NASCAR Camping World Truck Series: Qualifying at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course, FS1
4:30 p.m., NASCAR Race Hub: Weekend Edition Mid Ohio, FS1
5 p.m., ARCA Menards Series: Dawn 150 at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course, FS1
7 p.m., The Day: Richard Petty's Last Race, FS1
11 p.m., NASCAR Camping World Truck Series: Qualifying at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course (re-air), FS2

On MRN:
5 p.m., ARCA Menards Series: Dawn 150 at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course

Saturday, July 9
Midnight, NASCAR Camping World Truck Series: Qualifying at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course (re-air), FS1
5 a.m., The Relentless, FS2
5:30 a.m., ARCA Menards Series: DAWN 150 at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course (re-air), FS2
8 a.m., NASCAR Race Hub: Best of Radioactive Atlanta Motor Speedway (re-air), FS1
9 a.m., ARCA Menards Series: Dawn 150 at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course (re-air), FS1
Noon, NASCAR Cup Series: Qualifying at Atlanta Motor Speedway, USA Network (Coverage starts at 11:30 a.m. ET on NBC Sports App.)
1 p.m., NASCAR RaceDay: CWTS at Mid-Ohio, FS1
1 p.m., Austin Dillon's Life in the Fast Lane (re-air), USA Network
1:30 p.m., NASCAR Camping World Truck Series: O'Reilly Auto Parts 150 at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course, FS1
4:30 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series: Countdown to Green, USA Network
5 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series: Alsco Uniforms 250 at Atlanta Motor Speedway, USA Network
7:30 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series Post-Race Show, USA Network

On MRN:
1 p.m., NASCAR Camping World Truck Series: O'Reilly Auto Parts 150 at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course

On PRN:
4:30, NASCAR Xfinity Series: Alsco Uniforms 250 at Atlanta Motor Speedway

On PRN:

Sunday, July 10
10 a.m., NASCAR Camping World Truck Series: O'Reilly Auto Parts 150 at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course (re-air), FS1
Noon, IMSA: Michelin Pilot Challenge, USA Network
Noon, NASCAR RaceDay: Cup Series at Atlanta Motor Speedway, FS1
1 p.m., ARCA Menards Series West: Napa Auto Parts 150 (re-air), USA Network
2 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Countdown to Green, USA Network
3 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Quaker State 400 at Atlanta Motor Speedway, USA Network
6:30 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Post-Race Show, USA Network

On PRN:
2 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Quaker State 400 at Atlanta Motor Speedway
Bell Tower Grey
Watched about 20 minutes of it before finding something else to do. Reminded me of how much I dislike road course racing. Glad 8 finally won a race; RCR needed that.

Like others here, nascar needs to bring the July 4 race back where it belongs - at Daytona.
PossumJenkins
I loved and love Daytona on the 4th. They just fought so many rain delays and washouts for so many years with the summer thunder storms. I know why they moved it…but i agree it doesn't feel right.
Packchem91
metcalfmafia said:

Road courses suck. There I said it.
Yeah, there is one good finish every 6-8 road courses (surely due to a caution), and NASCAR suddenly thinks we need 1/3 of the races.

I do think the boredom taht was the 1.5 mile tracks led to trying something different. But the new car seems to do well on those tracks (so far) so hopefully they'll change course
Packchem91
caryking said:

Glasswolf said:

I understand change and progress but I cannot get use to the July 4th race not being at Daytona.
Completely agree!!! Firecracker 400!!!
I miss it. But didn't they move it to be the last race before the round of 16? The craziness of the super speedway race makes all those last minute gambles worth something -- with a realistic chance a guy who hasn't won all year can win to get in (like a Bubba).

From that perspective, it makes sense....but I've spent 45 years associating the 4th of July with the Firecracker and looking forward to that race
caryking
Packchem91 said:

caryking said:

Glasswolf said:

I understand change and progress but I cannot get use to the July 4th race not being at Daytona.
I miss it. But didn't they move it to be the last race before the round of 16? The craziness of the super speedway race makes all those last minute gambles worth something -- with a realistic chance a guy who hasn't won all year can win to get in (like a Bubba).

From that perspective, it makes sense....but I've spent 45 years associating the 4th of July with the Firecracker and looking forward to that race
Chem, just curious… why did you chose Bubba as your example?
On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
Packchem91
caryking said:

Packchem91 said:

caryking said:

Glasswolf said:

because he won at Dega (similar to Daytona) in the post-season last year. He could have won at Daytona in February. And he has pretty much been bad the rest of the season --- but he gets a wildcard at Daytona in that last race, which adds a level of excitement IMO (along with Michael McDowell, Austin Dillon, and potentially even Kevin Harvick).
If the transfer race were Texas or Atlanta or Richmond......the potential list of winners would be about 6-7...and those would almost surely be guys who've already won during the season, because that is who tends to do well at those tracks.

But make that race one of the 2 super speedways...and its 30+ drivers have a shot at winning.

Two....I'd like to see Bubba do well.
caryking
Packchem91 said:

caryking said:

Packchem91 said:

caryking said:

Glasswolf said:

because he won at Dega (similar to Daytona) in the post-season last year. He could have won at Daytona in February. And he has pretty much been bad the rest of the season --- but he gets a wildcard at Daytona in that last race, which adds a level of excitement IMO (along with Michael McDowell, Austin Dillon, and potentially even Kevin Harvick).
If the transfer race were Texas or Atlanta or Richmond......the potential list of winners would be about 6-7...and those would almost surely be guys who've already won during the season, because that is who tends to do well at those tracks.

But make that race one of the 2 super speedways...and its 30+ drivers have a shot at winning.

I'm sure Bubba is probably a good guy; however, that one win was a true gift. We have so many other good drivers that don't get the media attention Bubba gets. You know why he gets it…

Joe Biden
Packchem91
caryking said:

Packchem91 said:

caryking said:

Packchem91 said:

caryking said:

Glasswolf said:

I'm sure Bubba is probably a good guy; however, that one win was a true gift. We have so many other good drivers that don't get the media attention Bubba gets. You know why he gets it…
Ok. But is ok for me to like him, right?

And the point is still valid -- and he may be the best example anyway. A guy who has struggled, has no shot of making the final 16, BUT can win on a super speedway and shake things up.
It may have been a gift, but he was leading on the final lap at Daytona in FEB...

As for the media attention he gets, I don't blame NASCAR. I'd be looking to get more eyes on my sport as well. Now, if he turns out to be more Danica than not, it won't last much longer. I don't think Denny Hamlin will suffer a guy who continually makes mistakes when there are other up-and-coming drivers out there. But also hard to throw away if you have sponsors willing to put up $$$$
caryking
Packchem91 said:

caryking said:

Packchem91 said:

caryking said:

Packchem91 said:

caryking said:

Glasswolf said:

And the point is still valid -- and he may be the best example anyway. A guy who has struggled, has no shot of making the final 16, BUT can win on a super speedway and shake things up.
It may have been a gift, but he was leading on the final lap at Daytona in FEB...

As for the media attention he gets, I don't blame NASCAR. I'd be looking to get more eyes on my sport as well. Now, if he turns out to be more Danica than not, it won't last much longer. I don't think Denny Hamlin will suffer a guy who continually makes mistakes when there are other up-and-coming drivers out there. But also hard to throw away if you have sponsors willing to put up $$$$
Chem, all of us root for who we like. No problem from me. Heck, I like Chastain!!

Also, Hamlin has a partner in that venture and he has shown that he's not capable of putting a winning product on the court. My hunch is: he would do no different, in Nascar. Bubba is not going to be Danica. Bubba has more talent, based on what I can see...

Joe Biden
Packchem91
caryking said:

Packchem91 said:

caryking said:

Packchem91 said:

caryking said:

Packchem91 said:

caryking said:

Glasswolf said:

Chem, all of us root for who we like. No problem from me. Heck, I like Chastain!!

Also, Hamlin has a partner in that venture and he has shown that he's not capable of putting a winning product on the court. My hunch is: he would do no different, in Nascar. Bubba is not going to be Danica. Bubba has more talent, based on what I can see...

Actually, I like Chastain as well. Since Junior retired, I've had an issue finding someone, but like what Chastain brings to table so far

And agree, I think Bubba is an ok driver but not a great one who can overcome adversity and still get a good finish. I think he has some team issues taht are creating the adversity

As for MJ, he's a good business guy though, amd as long as the sponsor $ come in….
Wolfer79
Motorsports on Sunday:

1) NASCAR (Road America, USA Network): 1.15 rating, 1.930 million viewers

2) F1 (Silverstone, ESPN2): 0.64 rating, 1.239 million viewers

3) IndyCar (Mid-Ohio, NBC): 0.57 rating, 877,000 viewers

F1 had the most viewers in the 18-49 category with 643K.

Wolfer79
Sunday marked the first NASCAR Cup race this season on @USA_Network, and viewership was down sharply from last year's event on @NBC (1.930 million Sunday versus 3.078 million last year).

Still, Road America was the second most-viewed sport event of the weekend after @WWE.

ncsupack1
NBC needs better promotion. Their product is better but I have always felt that they lack promoting the race. Also, they say NASCAR on NBC, but it's actually USA. I'm also confident that the 4th played a part. jMO
TheStorm
ncsupack1 said:

NBC needs better promotion. Their product is better but I have always felt that they lack promoting the race. Also, they say NASCAR on NBC, but it's actually USA. I'm also confident that the 4th played a part. jMO
I had to look around to figure out what channel it was eventually going to be on... then didn't get to watch it anyway.
Wolfer79
Friday, July 8
12:32 a.m., Austin Dillon's Life in the Fast Lane (re-air), USA Network
Noon, IMSA Michelin Pilot Challenge: Canadian Tire Motorsport Park 120 (re-air), USA Network
3:30 p.m., NASCAR Camping World Truck Series: Qualifying at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course, FS1
4:30 p.m., NASCAR Race Hub: Weekend Edition Mid Ohio, FS1
5 p.m., ARCA Menards Series: Dawn 150 at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course, FS1
7 p.m., The Day: Richard Petty's Last Race, FS1
11 p.m., NASCAR Camping World Truck Series: Qualifying at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course (re-air), FS2

On MRN:
5 p.m., ARCA Menards Series: Dawn 150 at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course
Wolfer79
Chicago alderman Brian Hopkins "fears a city-sanctioned [@NASCAR] race would 'egg on' participants in a sub-culture that thrives on becoming celebrities by posting daredevil stunts on social media." - @SunTimes https://t.co/TpN292Qkzf https://t.co/zgeBuyxo7b
ncsupack1
I really don't want this. But I guess I'm not the one making the call.
Wolfer79
Saturday, July 9
Midnight, NASCAR Camping World Truck Series: Qualifying at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course (re-air), FS1
5 a.m., The Relentless, FS2
5:30 a.m., ARCA Menards Series: DAWN 150 at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course (re-air), FS2
8 a.m., NASCAR Race Hub: Best of Radioactive Atlanta Motor Speedway (re-air), FS1
9 a.m., ARCA Menards Series: Dawn 150 at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course (re-air), FS1
Noon, NASCAR Cup Series: Qualifying at Atlanta Motor Speedway, USA Network (Coverage starts at 11:30 a.m. ET on NBC Sports App.)
1 p.m., NASCAR RaceDay: CWTS at Mid-Ohio, FS1
1:30 p.m., NASCAR Camping World Truck Series: O'Reilly Auto Parts 150 at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course, FS1
4:30 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series: Countdown to Green, USA Network
5 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series: Alsco Uniforms 250 at Atlanta Motor Speedway, USA Network
7:30 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series Post-Race Show, USA Network

On MRN:
1 p.m., NASCAR Camping World Truck Series: O'Reilly Auto Parts 150 at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course

On PRN:

On PRN:
Wolfer79
Auto Racing
Camping World SRX Series
Week 4, Nashville Fairgrounds, Nashville, TN
Race CBS, 8 p.m.
ncsupack1
Yesterday's Xfinity race was okay, not sure if it was the weather or something else but wasn't as good as the spring. Hopefully today for Cup we get some good racing.
Wolfer79
Sunday, July 10
10 a.m., NASCAR Camping World Truck Series: O'Reilly Auto Parts 150 at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course (re-air), FS1
Noon, IMSA: Michelin Pilot Challenge, USA Network
Noon, NASCAR RaceDay: Cup Series at Atlanta Motor Speedway, FS1
1 p.m., ARCA Menards Series West: Napa Auto Parts 150 (re-air), USA Network
2 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Countdown to Green, USA Network
3 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Quaker State 400 at Atlanta Motor Speedway, USA Network
6:30 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Post-Race Show, USA Network

On PRN:
2 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Quaker State 400 at Atlanta Motor Speedway
caryking
I missed the first Atlanta race…. So far, this is crazy good!

Joe Biden
ncsupack1
Agree. So far this one is going the same way. So far so good, not sure what happen to the crowd…place was sold out in the spring. I'm thinking that the rain scared people.
Steve Williams
Staff
Really good race. Man I wanted Lajoie to win.
ncsupack1
That was a story in the making…may never get that close again.
caryking
Yea, a Lajoie win would have been nice to see. His interview was outstanding…

Joe Biden
PossumJenkins
Two of my best friends own Spire…that would have been such a cool win for Corey, Spire and even the sport.
Wolfer79

Monday, July 11
5:30 a.m., NASCAR Camping World Truck Series: O'Reilly Auto Parts 150 (re-air), FS1
11 a.m., NASCAR Camping World Truck Series: O'Reilly Auto Parts 150 (re-air), FS2
6 p.m., NASCAR Race Hub, FS1,
11:31 p.m., Austin Dillon's Life in the Fast Lane (re-air), USA Network

Tuesday, July 12
4:30 a.m., NASCAR Camping World Truck Series: O'Reilly Auto Parts 150 (re-air), FS2

Wednesday, July 13
12:38 a.m., Austin Dillon's Life in the Fast Lane (re-air), USA Network

Thursday, July 14
9:31 p.m., Austin Dillon's Life in the Fast Lane, USA Network

Friday, July 15
12:30 a.m., Austin Dillon's Life in the Fast Lane (re-air), USA Network
5 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series: Practice/Qualifying at New Hampshire Motor Speedway, USA Network
6:30 p.m., NASCAR Race Hub, FS1
6:30 p.m., NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour: Jersey Shore 150 at Wall Stadium Speedway (re-air), USA Network
7 p.m., NASCAR Race Hub, FS1
7:30 p.m., Austin Dillon's Life in the Fast Lane (re-air), USA Network

Saturday, July 16
Noon, NASCAR Cup Series: Qualifying at New Hampshire Motor Speedway, USA Network
1:30 p.m., Austin Dillon's Life in the Fast Lane (re-air), USA Network
2:30 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series: Ambetter Get Vaccinated 200 at New Hampshire Motor Speedway, USA Network
5 p.m., IMSA SportsCar Championship: Northeast Grand Prix, USA Network

On PRN:
2 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series: Crayon 200 at New Hampshire Motor Speedway

Sunday, July 17
12:30 p.m., NASCAR RaceDay, FS1
12:30 p.m., Austin Dillon's Life in the Fast Lane (re-air), USA Network
1:30 p.m., Austin Dillon's Life in the Fast Lane (re-air), USA Network
3 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Ambetter 301 at New Hampshire Motor Speedway, USA Network
6:30 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series Post-Race Show, USA Network
7 p.m., Austin Dillon's Life in the Fast Lane (re-air), USA Network
7:30 p.m., Austin Dillon's Life in the Fast Lane (re-air), USA Network

On PRN:
2 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Ambetter 301 at New Hampshire Motor Speedway
caryking
PossumJenkins said:

Two of my best friends own Spire…that would have been such a cool win for Corey, Spire and even the sport.
Completely agree!!

Joe Biden
Wolfer79
'@NASCAR today is announcing a multiyear deal with @SeatGeek, which becomes the official ticket marketplace of the sanctioning body and its owned tracks. https://t.co/GIj6pubrUk
Wolfer79
.@USA_Network earned a 1.51 rating and 2.626 million viewers for Sunday's NASCAR race at Atlanta, up from a 1.47 rating and 2.513 million viewers last year on NBCSN.

Sunday's rating beats all races last year on NBCSN, and the race was the highest-rated event last weekend. https://t.co/aVdd4f8Vir
Wolfer79
Just finished this from @kylepetty. I've actually read it twice already. So great. Honest, funny, heartfelt. 100% Kyle. Drops August 9.

Wolfer79
NEWS: Denny Hamlin announces Tyler Reddick will be a "future member" of 23XI Racing starting in 2024.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.