NASCAR 2022/2023 Off Season Thread

88,845 Views | 1360 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Bell Tower Grey
Bell Tower Grey
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ncsupack1 said:

Bell Tower Grey said:

Any update on how he's doing?

If you are talking about the truck driver, he was released with second degree burns on knees,neck and arms i think
Yes, I was. Thank you for the info. Will pray for the young man to have a full and swift recovery.
ncsupack1
Bell Tower Grey said:

ncsupack1 said:

Bell Tower Grey said:

Any update on how he's doing?

If you are talking about the truck driver, he was released with second degree burns on knees,neck and arms i think
Yes, I was. Thank you for the info. Will pray for the young man to have a full and swift recovery.

No problem. Not sure if he is going to make it back before season end. Scary for sure.
Wolfer79
.@NBC got a a 1.64 rating and 2.827 million viewers for Sunday's NASCAR Cup Series race at Talladega.

Last year's race got pushed to a Monday (0.77 rating, 1.16 million viewers), while the 2020 edition got a 1.92 rating and 3.1 million viewers.

Wolfer79
Friday, Oct. 7
12 a.m., NASCAR Auto Racing Classics: 2011 Coca-Cola 600 (re-air), FS2
1:01 a.m., Race for the Championship: All or Nothing (re-air), USA Network
6 p.m., NASCAR Race Hub, FS1
9 p.m., NASCAR Auto Racing Classics: 2011 Coca-Cola 600 (re-air), FS2
Wolfer79
.@JeffGordonWeb says that @NASCAR and the teams are far apart in their talks on the financial split of the sport's next media rights deal.

@RaceTeamAllianc leaders say that they sent NASCAR a proposal months ago and received an answer last week that was not to their liking.

ncsupack1
^ strange spot for NASCAR, I see both sides of the coin. If you give the teams more money than well, they are just going to spend more. Keep things the same and the teams take it to the media. What is needed is a spending cap.
Wolfer79
Saturday, Oct. 8
12 a.m., NASCAR Race Hub Best of Radioactive: Charlotte (re-air), FS2
6 a.m., NASCAR Auto Racing Classics: 2011 Coca-Cola 600 (re-air), FS2
9 a.m., NASCAR Race Hub Best of Radioactive: Charlotte (re-air), FS2
9:30 a.m., Unrivaled: Earnhardt vs. Gordon (re-air), FS2
10 a.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series practice at Charlotte Motor Speedway road course, NBC Sports App
10:30 a.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series qualifying at Charlotte Motor Speedway road course, NBC Sports App
Noon, NASCAR Cup Series qualifying at Charlotte Motor Speedway road course, NBC Sports App
12:30 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series qualifying at Charlotte Motor Speedway road course (in-progress), USA Network
3 p.m., Countdown to Green: Charlotte, NBC
3:30 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series: Drive for the Cure 250 at Charlotte Motor Speedway road course, NBC (simulcast on Peacock)

On PRN:
2:30 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series: Drive for the Cure 250 at Charlotte Motor Speedway road course
TheStorm
Saw earlier this week that Byron won part of his appeal and got his points back... needs a solid race this weekend to advance.
PossumJenkins
NASCAR has had a rough week.

They completely bungled the Byron thing…didn't call a penalty in race, handed down a penalty after the race, ran a playoff race and then changed playoff points after running that race. Inexcusable.

They are taking a ton of heat on safety for the new car

And then the slow response to teams on tv deal. In my opinion it's not about the teams then just spending more money. The old business model and current percentages is broken. Tracks can literally not sell a single ticket and still make money on an event weekend. Why? Because Nascar owns half of the tracks. Team owners aren't looking for more so they can just spend it. JGR had to let Kyle Busch walk out the door. The days of the $20 mil a year sponsor deals are long gone. If you want a healthy sport you need healthy teams and those guys need some security to be able to run their business.
Bell Tower Grey
Nascar has no one to blame for the place they find themselves in but themselves, including whatever France's might still be involved, their predecessors, as well as any of their minions that are still trying to have a say in how things are done. They drove a once seemingly good product straight into the ground. Greed is a *****. Suck it up.
ncsupack1
Bell Tower Grey said:

Nascar has no one to blame for the place they find themselves in but themselves, including whatever France's might still be involved, their predecessors, as well as any of their minions that are still trying to have a say in how things are done. They drove a once seemingly good product straight into the ground. Greed is a *****. Suck it up.

What is NASCAR supposed to do? The teams will never save/cut costs. Any money that the teams get, will go straight to competition. Anyone remember the air gun? Not arguing with you just that these teams need spending caps .
Bell Tower Grey
ncsupack1 said:

Bell Tower Grey said:

What is NASCAR supposed to do? The teams will never save/cut costs. Any money that the teams get, will go straight to competition. Anyone remember the air gun? Not arguing with you just that these teams need spending caps .
Oh, I agree that teams need a spending cap. Without a doubt.

I was opining about the beginning of this situation....things that started years ago that have ultimately led to things as they are today.
PossumJenkins
Eh…the people in charge now are much better than the BZF era. And also…they didn't need to change at that time. The biz model was different and supported it. Everyone was greedy. I can promise you i remember millions of dollars of deals on the team side and we weren't even guaranteed in the race. And companies paid it.

Times have changed. As i said…i don't agree teams are simply gonna spend all the money they get. Actually i can promise you from the personnel loves i know of it's not true. And the new car may help. Hasn't yet. But we'll see. But the rev split has to change or the teams won't be healthy. They spent in the past because they could make it up with sponsorship. They can't anymore. You lose a Kyle Busch cause you can't pay him but you can pay your grandson 1/10 of that. That won't sustain the sport
ncsupack1
I'm not saying you're wrong. But the teams haven't shown me that they are capable of spending within their means. The model needs to change that I agree with, but NASCAR can't become the piggy bank for the teams. Hopefully they can strike a balance.
Wolfer79
Sunday, Oct. 9
10:30 a.m., NASCAR Race Hub Best of Radioactive: Charlotte (re-air), FS1
11:30 a.m., NASCAR RaceDay: Charlotte, FS1
1 p.m., Countdown to Green: Charlotte, NBC
2 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Bank of America ROVAL 400 at Charlotte Motor Speedway road course, NBC

On PRN:
1 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Bank of America ROVAL 400 at Charlotte Motor Speedway road course
Wolfer79
NASCAR
NASCAR Cup Series Playoffs: Round of 12
Bank of America Roval 400, Charlotte Motor Speedway: Road Course, Concord, NC
Race NBC, 2 p.m.
NASCAR RaceDay: Charlotte FS1, 11:30 a.m.
Countdown to Green NBC, 1 p.m.
Wolfer79
Advancing to the round of eight were: Bell, Briscoe, Elliott, William Byron, Denny Hamlin, Joey Logano, Ross Chastain and Ryan Blaney.
Wolfer79
Monday, Oct. 10
10 a.m., IMSA: Prototype Challenge at Road Atlanta (tape delay), USA
11 a.m., IMSA: Michelin Pilot Challenge at Road Atlanta (tape delay), USA
1 p.m., ARCA Menards Series West: NAPA Auto Care 150 at All American Speedway (tape delay), USA

Wednesday, Oct. 12

Thursday, Oct. 13
10 p.m., Race for the Championship: The Cutoff, USA

Friday, Oct. 14
1:01 a.m., Race for the Championship: The Cutoff (re-air), USA
7:30 p.m., Whelen Modified Tour at Thompson Speedway (tape delay), USA
8:30 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series: Qualifying at Las Vegas Motor Speedway, USA

Saturday, Oct. 15
12:30 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Qualifying at Las Vegas Motor Speedway, USA
3:30 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series: Alsco Uniforms 302 at Las Vegas Motor Speedway, NBC

On PRN:
2:30 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series: Alsco Uniforms 302 at Las Vegas Motor Speedway,

Sunday, Oct. 16
6 a.m., NASCAR Race Hub: Best of Radioactive Las Vegas Motor Speedway, FS2
7 a.m., NASCAR Race Hub: Best of Features 2022 season, FS2
8 a.m., NASCAR Race Hub: Boundless Betty Skelton, FS2
9 a.m., NASCAR Race Hub: Best of Radioactive Las Vegas Motor Speedway (re-air), FS2
Noon, NASCAR RaceDay: Las Vegas Motor Speedway, FS1
2 p.m., Countdown to Green, NBC
2:30 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: South Point 400 at Las Vegas Motor Speedway, NBC

On PRN:
1:30 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: South Point 400 at Las Vegas Motor Speedway
Wolfer79
.@NASCAR is interested in possibly selling a slice of its next media rights package to a digital streaming company, per sources, another example of how the league is re-imagining huge parts of its business.

Wolfer79
.@JoeGibbsRacing president @PERNSKI on the constant hunt for sponsorship under NASCAR's current model: "I'm terrified of what happens after Coach (Joe Gibbs) is gone I'm talking about survival."

Wolfer79
.@Dodge's talks with @NASCAR about re-entering the series as the fourth OEM have stalled, per sources.

Dodge says that it is focused on the NHRA and "not expanding our efforts into other forms of racing at this time."

ncsupack1
Sounds like RFK was the only team they talked with. So not surprised that they are not coming back. I guess they still could at some point.
Wolfer79
.@NASCAR will pay for the Next Gen car update including buying the initial new parts for teams, as @BoziTatarevic first said tonight, a departure from its usual procedure.

Teams typically pay for new parts themselves, but NASCAR appears to be extending an olive branch here.

Wolfer79
.@DaleJr on TV money dispute: "It made me go, 'I need to wait and pause.' ... I don't want to buy this charter now because it's not a successful business venture. ... Everyone is wondering if that $28-30 million (charter) valuation is real or a bubble."

Wolfer79
.@TonyStewart to @AP: "I'm so mad at NASCAR right now, I'm not talking about it. ... If it weren't for the fact that I've got a couple of appearances that I have to make, I wouldn't be in another NASCAR race the rest of the year. Wouldn't waste my time."

Glasswolf
Payton Wilson on what he thought of Carter Finley: Drunk Crazy Crowded

Wolfer79
Friday, Oct. 14
1:01 a.m., Race for the Championship: The Cutoff (re-air), USA
7:30 p.m., Whelen Modified Tour at Thompson Speedway (tape delay), USA
8:30 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series: Qualifying at Las Vegas Motor Speedway, USA
PossumJenkins
Glasswolf said:

This is accurate. Ole RC made them call his bluff and they didn't.
ncsupack1
PossumJenkins said:

Glasswolf said:

This is accurate. Ole RC made them call his bluff and they didn't.

I can believe that. Works out for everyone.
Wolfer79
Saturday, Oct. 15
12:30 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Qualifying at Las Vegas Motor Speedway, USA
3:30 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series: Alsco Uniforms 302 at Las Vegas Motor Speedway, NBC

On PRN:
2:30 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series: Alsco Uniforms 302 at Las Vegas Motor Speedway,
Wolfer79
.@KurtBusch says he will step away from full-time @NASCAR competition after this season.

Wolfer79
@TylerReddick will join @23XIRacing next season and drive the No. 45 Toyota after reaching a buy-out agreement with @RCRracing.

Wolfer79
.@MonsterEnergy says no comment yet on what its plan is for after this @NASCAR season/whether it plans to stay with @23XIRacing.

ncsupack1
I see Monster going in with the 18. As for Kurt it sucks, he has made every team better when he was in the organization.
Bell Tower Grey
ncsupack1 said:

I see Monster going in with the 18. As for Kurt it sucks, he has made every team better when he was in the organization.
I'd love to see him get a ride with Trackhouse. Probably won't happen, but he'd be a great addition to an already good group.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.