NASCAR 2022/2023 Off Season Thread

86,291 Views | 1360 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Bell Tower Grey
Glasswolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
caryking said:

TheStorm said:

caryking said:

So, not only was Hamlin cheating, he wrecked Chastain while doing so…
I'm pretty sure that Ross "just ran out of track" there...
Every week, I'm becoming more of a Ross C fan. The guy is really good!

I really like Ross
ncsupack1
Wolfer79 said:

'Judging by Sunday's crowd, Pocono is almost certain of keeping at least one Cup race on the NASCAR schedule for years to come.' - @MCall https://t.co/Om5gvHdPnn

Was a very healthy crowd for sure.
Packchem91
caryking said:

TheStorm said:

caryking said:

I agree. And I think with the way he handled yesterday, he won over more fans (well, except for the hardcore folks who think every infringement should be met with a fight on the track etc).

And Hamlin got boo'd yesterday, and I think that will grow more as well.

Ultimately, the conflict overall is good for the sport, and assuming Hamlin is done, it happened at a good time for Chastain, before the POs.
And maybe Harvick who's playoff chances are on the edge, will get angry that Hamlin cost him about 20 pts yesterday by wrecking Chastain at the front of a crowded pack and get Hamlin back now.
ncsupack1
Packchem91 said:

caryking said:

TheStorm said:

caryking said:

I agree. And I think with the way he handled yesterday, he won over more fans (well, except for the hardcore folks who think every infringement should be met with a fight on the track etc).

Ultimately, the conflict overall is good for the sport, and assuming Hamlin is done, it happened at a good time for Chastain, before the POs.
And maybe Harvick who's playoff chances are on the edge, will get angry that Hamlin cost him about 20 pts yesterday by wrecking Chastain at the front of a crowded pack and get Hamlin back now.

I'm a big Harvick fan and yesterday after that wreck he didn't say much of anything. To which I found interesting. He was quite on the scanner.
Packchem91
ncsupack1 said:

Packchem91 said:

caryking said:

TheStorm said:

caryking said:

I'm a big Harvick fan and yesterday after that wreck he didn't say much of anything. To which I found interesting. He was quite on the scanner.
Seems maybe Harvick doesn't quite have the hunger he used to have? I know that (1) it is tough to measure, (2) it does happen as drivers/athletes get older, have families, etc, But I'd have expected him to be po'd yesterday given his position in the standings and the fact he was damaged due to petulance (everyone knew Hamlin would/had to at some point push back on Chastain, but do you do that on the front row of a restart??)
PossumJenkins
Harvick has actually become a big Ross fan. He really likes the aggressiveness he races with.
ncsupack1
Packchem91 said:

ncsupack1 said:

Packchem91 said:

caryking said:

TheStorm said:

caryking said:

Seems maybe Harvick doesn't quite have the hunger he used to have? I know that (1) it is tough to measure, (2) it does happen as drivers/athletes get older, have families, etc, But I'd have expected him to be po'd yesterday given his position in the standings and the fact he was damaged due to petulance (everyone knew Hamlin would/had to at some point push back on Chastain, but do you do that on the front row of a restart??)

I could see him not saying anything and just doing something down the road. Last year NASCAR talked to him about the roval thing with Chase. I think Harvick still has it but SHR and Ford in general have had problems this year.
Packchem91
ncsupack1 said:

Packchem91 said:

ncsupack1 said:

Packchem91 said:

caryking said:

TheStorm said:

caryking said:

I could see him not saying anything and just doing something down the road. Last year NASCAR talked to him about the roval thing with Chase. I think Harvick still has it but SHR and Ford in general have had problems this year.
Fair point....could absolutely have just filed it away.
Bell Tower Grey
Packchem91 said:

ncsupack1 said:

Packchem91 said:

ncsupack1 said:

Packchem91 said:

caryking said:

TheStorm said:

caryking said:

Fair point....could absolutely have just filed it away.
Yep....Harvick misses the playoffs, they start and maybe Hamlin has a great car to win a certain day. Harvick suddenly has a tire going down while he's next to Hamlin and can't help putting Hamlin in the wall..... I like it.
Packchem91
Glasswolf said:

The #11 and #18 were disqualified. Chase Elliott is your winner

NASCAR reveals why Denny Hamlin's Pocono-winning car was disqualified | Fox News

Have no idea what the effect of that tape would be, but given it was under the decal, seems fairly blatant?
ncsupack1
Packchem91 said:

Glasswolf said:

The #11 and #18 were disqualified. Chase Elliott is your winner

NASCAR reveals why Denny Hamlin's Pocono-winning car was disqualified | Fox News

Have no idea what the effect of that tape would be, but given it was under the decal, seems fairly blatant?

Correct. That piece of the car is made from an outside vendor. Teams can not mess/altar that part.
Bell Tower Grey
Damn....Front Row got popped hard.

https://www.jayski.com/2022/07/27/pocono-penalties-no-34-team-penalized-100-points-fined-100000/
Wolfer79
Filed to ESPN: The Brickyard 400 is gone. After nearly three decades of #NASCAR on the oval, being at Indy and not turning left all day is weird. But that doesn't mean racers don't still want to kiss the bricks. https://t.co/eU2KCC2L5y
ncsupack1
Indy, no matter what track they race at isn't great to me. With that being said, would like to see how this new car works on the oval.
Wolfer79
Friday, July 29
12:34 a.m., Austin Dillon's Life in the Fast Lane: Counting Cards and Cars (re-air), USA Network
4 a.m., NASCAR Camping World Truck Series: CRC Brakleen 150 at Pocono Raceway (re-air), FS2
3 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series: Qualifying at Indianapolis Motor Speedway Road Course, USA Network
4:30 p.m., NASCAR Camping World Truck Series: Qualifying at Lucas Oil Indianapolis Raceway Park, FS1
4:30 p.m., Austin Dillon's Life in the Fast Lane: Counting Cards and Cars (re-air), USA Network
5:30 p.m., NASCAR Race Hub, FS1
6 p.m., ARCA Menards Series: Reese's 200 at Lucas Oil Indianapolis Raceway Park, FS1
8 p.m., NASCAR RaceDay: NCWTS at IRP, FS1
9 p.m., NASCAR Camping World Truck Series: TSport 200 at Lucas Oil Indianapolis Raceway Park, FS1

On MRN:
6 p.m., ARCA Menards Series: Reese's 200 at Lucas Oil Indianapolis Raceway Park
8:30 p.m., NASCAR Camping World Truck Series: TSport 200 at Lucas Oil Indianapolis Raceway Park
caryking
Wolfer79 said:

Filed to ESPN: The Brickyard 400 is gone. After nearly three decades of #NASCAR on the oval, being at Indy and not turning left all day is weird. But that doesn't mean racers don't still want to kiss the bricks. https://t.co/eU2KCC2L5y
I need help understanding what's actually happening at Indy…
On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
ncsupack1
If I understand you correctly NASCAR isn't running on the oval. The racing/fan interest had dropped. So they started running on the road course. I personally aren't a fan of either, but would like to see the new car on the oval.
Wolfer79
NASCAR
NASCAR Xfinity Series
Brickyard 150, Indianapolis Motor Speedway, Indianapolis, IN
Qualifying USA Network, 3 p.m.

NASCAR Camping World Truck Series
TSport 200, Indianapolis Raceway Park, Brownsburg, IN
Qualifying FS1, 4:30 p.m.
Race FS1, 9 p.m.

NASCAR RaceDay: NCWTS Setup FS1, 8 p.m.
TheStorm
ncsupack1 said:

If I understand you correctly NASCAR isn't running on the oval. The racing/fan interest had dropped. So they started running on the road course. I personally aren't a fan of either, but would like to see the new car on the oval.
Another road course race. Yuck.

And instead of running on the historic 2.5 mile oval. Double yuck.
PossumJenkins
ncsupack1 said:

Indy, no matter what track they race at isn't great to me. With that being said, would like to see how this new car works on the oval.
I know what you are meaning here...big track or road course...but the one track in Indy they need to race at is IRP...man that place has some great races. No way the infrastructure supports a Cup race...but at least send the Xfinity cars back. The truck race should be the best race of the weekend.
Wolfer79
PossumJenkins said:

ncsupack1 said:

I know what you are meaning here...big track or road course...but the one track in Indy they need to race at is IRP...man that place has some great races. No way the infrastructure supports a Cup race...but at least send the Xfinity cars back. The truck race should be the best race of the weekend.

thank you
will try to watch truck race
ncsupack1
Agree
PossumJenkins
JHN still a whiny little…well they don't let me type the word here…
Wolfer79
Saturday, July 30
3 a.m., ARCA Menards Series: Reese's 200 at Lucas Oil Indianapolis Raceway Park (re-air), FS1
6 a.m., Austin Dillon's Life in the Fast Lane: Counting Cards and Cars (re-air), USA Network
9:30 a.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Qualifying at Indianapolis Motor Speedway Road Course, USA Network
10 a.m., NASCAR Camping World Truck Series: TSport 200 at Lucas Oil Indianapolis Raceway Park (re-air), FS1
3 p.m., Countdown to Green, NBC
3:30 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series: Pennzoil 150 at the Brickyard, NBC

On PRN and IMS Radio:
3 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series: Pennzoil 150 at the Brickyard
ncsupack1
PossumJenkins said:

JHN still a whiny little…well they don't let me type the word here…

Agree…not a big JH fan.
Wolfer79
NASCAR
NASCAR Cup Series
Brickyard 200, Indianapolis Motor Speedway (Road Course), Indianapolis, IN
Qualifying USA Network, 9:30 a.m.

NASCAR Xfinity Series
Brickyard 150, Indianapolis Motor Speedway (Road Course), Indianapolis, IN
Race NBC/Peacock, 3;30 p.m.

Countdown to Green NBC, 3 p.m.
Wolfer79
ncsupack1
Pretty cool picture for sure. Also, Xfinity has been okay so far.
Wolfer79
Sunday, July 31
12:32 a.m., Austin Dillon's Life in the Fast Lane: Counting Cards and Cars (re-air), USA Network
9 a.m., NASCAR Camping World Truck Series: TSport 200 at Lucas Oil Indianapolis Raceway Park (re-air), FS2
Noon, NASCAR RaceDay: NCS at Indianapolis, FS1
2 p.m., Countdown to Green, NBC
2:30 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Verizon 200 at the Brickyard, NBC

On PRN and IMS Radio:
1:30 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Verizon 200 at the Brickyard
Wolfer79
Ratings roundup:
-- F1 posts rare decline last weekend, but French GP still nears high
-- NASCAR on USA up from last year on NBCSN for third-straight week
-- Plus: PGA Tour, IndyCar, SRX finale, Tour de France
https://t.co/cb85CjFoWz

F1 French GP viewership dips, still third-most watched
Last Sunday's Formula 1 French Grand Prix averaged a 0.58 rating and 1.058 million viewers on ESPN, down slightly from last year (0.60, 1.064M) but still the third-largest audience in the history of the race. The high water mark is 1.3 million for tape delayed coverage on FOX in 2007. Despite the overall decline, viewership increased 11% in adults 18-49 (471K) and the race topped the same day NASCAR Cup Series race on USA Network in both 18-49 (0.36 to 0.34) and 18-34 (0.33 to 0.18).

NASCAR on USA tops NBCSN for third-straight week
NASCAR Cup Series racing from Pocono (Pa.) averaged a 1.6 rating and 2.59 million viewers on USA Network last Sunday, up a tick in ratings and 4% in viewership from last year on NBCSN (1.5, 2.49M) but down 3% in both measures from two years ago on FS1 (1.6, 2.66M). It was the most-watched sporting event of last weekend.

USA Network has carried three races that aired on NBCSN last year and all three have posted an increase in ratings and viewership.

The previous day's Xfinity Series race at Pocono drew a 0.57 and 914,000 on USA Network down from last year's race, which aired on a Sunday leading into the Cup Series event (0.7, ~1.1M).
Glasswolf
OK that was a fun race to watch. Still not thrill with nascar going away from traditional races like Daytona in July and Indy being a oval, but that was enjoyable
Payton Wilson on what he thought of Carter Finley: Drunk Crazy Crowded

Glasswolf
And that wreck between Larson and Ty Dillon was brutal. Glad both walked away. Felt bad for AJ having to race without his cool suit all race and being out of water the entire last stage. He looked absolutely exhausted after the race
Payton Wilson on what he thought of Carter Finley: Drunk Crazy Crowded

Bell Tower Grey
Yep. And my guy Harrison brings home a third! Glad to see him finally get a top 5 finish.
metcalfmafia
I think what made it fun for a road course was the way the track is mapped out. I enjoyed that.
ncsupack1
It was okay I guess. Probably better than the oval but I kinda want to see what this new car can do on it.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.