NASCAR 2022/2023 Off Season Thread

88,638 Views | 1360 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Bell Tower Grey
Bell Tower Grey
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.jayski.com/2022/08/10/noah-gragson-to-drive-42-for-petty-gms-in-2023/
ncsupack1
Bell Tower Grey said:

https://www.jayski.com/2022/08/10/noah-gragson-to-drive-42-for-petty-gms-in-2023/

Good for Noah. Petty-GMS have got themselves a nice team going.
PossumJenkins
Seats are filing up. Kyle Busch is either taking a massive pay cut or he's not gonna be driving next year. Crazy.
TraCha4
If Kyle Busch doesn't resign with JGR I bet he ends up in the 41.
PossumJenkins
Cole Custer ain't going anywhere. His dad runs the team. There's a possibility he ends up in the 10…that was early on talk though and that's dried up. I've been out west for a few weeks so haven't heard the latest. But will be back next week to get the updates.
ncsupack1
PossumJenkins said:

Cole Custer ain't going anywhere. His dad runs the team. There's a possibility he ends up in the 10…that was early on talk though and that's dried up. I've been out west for a few weeks so haven't heard the latest. But will be back next week to get the updates.

Have heard that it is possible that Cole could slide to RWR to make room for Kyle in the 41. A lot has to happen in order for that. Cole's dad may be the boss but Gene owns the car.
PossumJenkins
Oh I'm clear where the money comes from. But Gene doesn't do much that Joe's not a part of. That would surprise me but crazier things happen every day so. Ill get the updates this weekend or Monday from my different folks. I'll say due to a little real estate issue
I heard about…Kyle needs to be in a seat somewhere earning some money wherever it is
Bell Tower Grey
I was always taught to live within my means. That lesson should apply to everyone. Based on your comment, apparently somene forgot about the memo. Life has twists and turns, many unexpected. Need to be ready.
Wolfer79
Saturday, August 13
3 a.m., NASCAR Auto Racing: 1986 Miller High Life 400, FS2
8 a.m., Refuse to Lose: Jeff Gordon and the 1997 Daytona 500 (re-air), FS1
9 a.m., Best of Radioactive: Richmond (re-air), FS1
10 a.m., NASCAR Auto Racing Classics: 1998 Hardee's 250, FS1
1:30 p.m., Austin Dillon's Life in the Fast Lane (re-air), FS1
2 p.m., IMSA Auto Racing: Super Trofeo (re-air), USA Network
3 p.m., IMSA Auto Racing: Pilot Challenge (re-air), USA Network
3 p.m., NASCAR Camping World Truck Series practice/qualifying at Richmond Raceway, FS1
5 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series practice/qualifying at Richmond Raceway, USA Network, NBC Sports App
7 p.m., NASCAR RaceDay: NCWTS Richmond, FS1
8 p.m., NASCAR Camping World Truck Series: Worldwide Express 250 from Richmond, FS1

On MRN:
5 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Pole Qualifying
7:30 p.m., NASCAR Camping World Truck Series: Worldwide Express 250
ncsupack1
PossumJenkins said:

Oh I'm clear where the money comes from. But Gene doesn't do much that Joe's not a part of. That would surprise me but crazier things happen every day so. Ill get the updates this weekend or Monday from my different folks. I'll say due to a little real estate issue
I heard about…Kyle needs to be in a seat somewhere earning some money wherever it is
I get what you're saying, just that with someone like Kyle you have to make moves. I personally feel like JGR makes it happen, but at some point, someone needs to make a move. The info I read about seems to come from a pretty good source that has been right on a lot of things here of late. It will be interesting to see what you hear.
PossumJenkins
ncsupack1 said:

PossumJenkins said:

I get what you're saying, just that with someone like Kyle you have to make moves. I personally feel like JGR makes it happen, but at some point, someone needs to make a move. The info I read about seems to come from a pretty good source that has been right on a lot of things here of late. It will be interesting to see what you hear.
Oh I 100% agree with you. It's why the discussions to SHR in the beginning made total sense. Gene is the only guy who could and would stroke that kind of check without having a sponsor locked in (couple other guys that could but wouldn't). I think they make it happen at JGR as well at a significantly reduced number...but they 100% have all the leverage at the moment.
Bell Tower Grey
Trucks are rolling in Richmond.
ncsupack1
Bell Tower Grey said:

Was wasn't the best. Sometimes someone hits on the set up. I'm ready to see what cup does today now that the teams have a notebook there.
TheStorm
Glasswolf said:

Just never got all that excited about Michigan. Seems to be a "follow the leader" race.
Sorry about going backwards here guys, but in thinking about this a little more... I remember Roger Penske purchasing the track way back in the early 70's when it was just a few years old and making changes to it multiple times... Penske was exclusively USAC (Indy Cars) at the time, and I think the changes were more geared towards that series rather than NASCAR.

In the old days, always seemed to be a setup track for NASCAR. If you hit it you could be dominant (I remember DJ being so when he drove there for Yates).

Never thought of it as a good NASCAR track, but then of course they went out and copied it for both California and then Texas.
Wolfer79
Sunday, August 14
7:30 a.m., Best of Radioactive: Richmond (re-air), FS1
8 a.m., NASCAR Camping World Truck Series: Worldwide Express 250 (re-air), FS1
12 p.m., NASCAR RaceDay, FS1
2 p.m., Countdown to Green, USA Network
2:50 p.m., IMSA Auto Racing, Peacock
3 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series Federated Auto Parts 400 from Richmond, USA Network, NBC Sports App
6:30 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series post-race show, USA Network

On MRN Radio:
3 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Federated Auto Parts 400
Bell Tower Grey
ncsupack1 said:

Bell Tower Grey said:

Was wasn't the best. Sometimes someone hits on the set up. I'm ready to see what cup does today now that the teams have a notebook there.
Yeah, it became a snoozer pretty quick. Trucks are typically more entertaining than last night. Like you, I hope the cup race is better.
caryking
Somebody… please put Hamlin in the wall!
On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
Bell Tower Grey
caryking said:

That would not be the politically correct thing to do to little woke denny, and you know it.
PossumJenkins
PossumJenkins said:

ncsupack1 said:

PossumJenkins said:

Oh I 100% agree with you. It's why the discussions to SHR in the beginning made total sense. Gene is the only guy who could and would stroke that kind of check without having a sponsor locked in (couple other guys that could but wouldn't). I think they make it happen at JGR as well at a significantly reduced number...but they 100% have all the leverage at the moment.

Turns out we were both wrong. It ain't gonna be JGR.
caryking
Look out! A sleeping giant may be woken up…
On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
Packchem91
caryking said:

Was golfing today so missed the race, but he is really dislikeable on the track.
Have heard he is witty and funny away from it .
ncsupack1
PossumJenkins said:

PossumJenkins said:

ncsupack1 said:

PossumJenkins said:

Wow…any idea on a announcement?
ncsupack1
Let's hope!
TheStorm
Wife unexpectedly hijacked my entire afternoon yesterday, and I didn't get to even watch one damn lap - or one stroke of golf either for that matter... maybe next week. With football season right around the corner it seemed like the no resistance concession was probably the best way to respond.
Glasswolf
TheStorm said:

Wife unexpectedly hijacked my entire afternoon yesterday, and I didn't get to even watch one damn lap - or one stroke of golf either for that matter... maybe next week. With football season right around the corner it seemed like the no resistance concession was probably the best way to respond.
Of topic but it's related to wives hijacking stuff. My in laws want me to drive them to Boiling Springs, SC to see my brother in law. When I asked them when they said early Sept. I told them that was football season. Wasn't going to happen. Said it needed to be by at least August 27th.
Wolfer79
Monday, August 15
6 p.m., NASCAR Race Hub, FS1
6 p.m., NASCAR America Motormouths, Peacock

Tuesday, August 16
7:30 a.m., NASCAR Race Hub (re-air), FS1

Wednesday, August 17
7:30 a.m., NASCAR Race Hub (re-air), FS1
8 a.m., NASCAR Camping World Truck Series: Worldwide Express 250 (re-air), FS1
6 p.m., NASCAR America Motormouths, Peacock

Thursday, August 18
7:30 a.m., Best of Radioactive: 2022 season (re-air), FS1
6 p.m., NASCAR Race Hub: Boundless: Betty Skelton, FS1
6 p.m., Dale Jr. Download, Peacock
7 p.m., Game Night: Xfinity Series Edition, FS1
9:30 p.m., Austin Dillon's Life in the Fast Lane: To Catch a Prankster, USA Network
12:02 a.m., Austin Dillon's Life in the Fast Lane (r-air), USA Network
12:33 a.m., Austin Dillon's Life in the Fast Lane (re-air), USA Network

Friday, August 19
5 p.m., NASCAR Race Hub, FS1
6 p.m., ARCA Menards Series: General Tire Delivers 100, FS1

On MRN:
6 p.m., ARCA Menards Series: General Tire Delivers 100

Saturday, August 20
6 a.m., ARCA Menards Series: General Tire Delivers 100 (re-air), FS1
8:30 a.m., ARCA Menards Series: General Tire Delivers 100 (re-air), FS1
12:30 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series practice/qualifying at Watkins Glen International, USA
2 p.m., Austin Dillon's Life in the Fast Lane (r-air), USA Network
2:30 p.m., Countdown to Green, USA Network
3 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series race at Watkins Glen, USA Network
5:30 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series post-race show, USA Network
1:30 a.m., Austin Dillon's Life in the Fast Lane (re-air), USA Network

On MRN:
12 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Pole Qualifying
2:30 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series race at Watkins Glen

Sunday, August 21
12:30 p.m., NASCAR RaceDay, FS1
2 p.m., Countdown to Green, USA Network
3 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Go Bowling at The Glen from Watkins Glen, USA Network, NBC Sports App
5:30 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series post-race show, USA Network

On MRN:
2 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Go Bowling at The Glen from Watkins Glen
PossumJenkins
ncsupack1 said:

PossumJenkins said:

PossumJenkins said:

ncsupack1 said:

PossumJenkins said:

Nothing is done yet...but the info I got was he has four offers...and none of those four are JGR
ncsupack1
PossumJenkins said:

ncsupack1 said:

PossumJenkins said:

PossumJenkins said:

ncsupack1 said:

PossumJenkins said:

Nothing is done yet...but the info I got was he has four offers...and none of those four are JGR

See I can believe that. Every time I hear either TRD's David Wilson or Coach, they seem to be over shooting the love for Kyle. Seems fake, just my take. As for yesterday's race, as a 4 guy I'm happy and had a great time. Love Richmond.
Bell Tower Grey
Glasswolf said:

TheStorm said:

Of topic but it's related to wives hijacking stuff. My in laws want me to drive them to Boiling Springs, SC to see my brother in law. When I asked them when they said early Sept. I told them that was football season. Wasn't going to happen. Said it needed to be by at least August 27th.
Exactly. Weddings, special events, vacation trips, even funerals, need to be cautious of football season. There is a memorial service at 10 am for my closest cousin on the day of the ecu game. Her husband originally wanted it at 2 pm, and when he mentioned that to me, he graciously changed the time once I told him it was the beginning of football season.
ncsupack1
Bell Tower Grey said:

Glasswolf said:

TheStorm said:

Exactly. Weddings, special events, vacation trips, even funerals, need to be cautious of football season. There is a memorial service at 10 am for my closest cousin on the day of the ecu game. Her husband originally wanted it at 2 pm, and when he mentioned that to me, he graciously changed the time once I told him it was the beginning of football season.

I plan my weekend around NASCAR. We go to 8 a year and as for the ones we don't, I watch everything. I know strange…I also always try to hit my local track up Friday nights.
Wolfer79
Friday, August 19
5 p.m., NASCAR Race Hub, FS1
6 p.m., ARCA Menards Series: General Tire Delivers 100, FS1

On MRN:
6 p.m., ARCA Menards Series: General Tire Delivers 100
Wolfer79
As @KyleBusch has previously stated publicly, he is drawing interest from other NASCAR teams who could sign him if he doesnt return to JGR.

Teams that have been mentioned as possible fits in recent weeks include @RCRracing, @23XIRacing, @KauligRacing and @StewartHaasRcng. https://t.co/WRmsN94c9Q
ncsupack1
Well it isn't the 10 now that A2 and Smithfield is coming back. I guess maybe the 41?
Packchem91
ncsupack1 said:

Well it isn't the 10 now that A2 and Smithfield is coming back. I guess maybe the 41?
i thought I"d read like just yesterday that the 41 was solid, and the only possibility on that team would be the 10?
ncsupack1
Packchem91 said:

ncsupack1 said:

i thought I"d read like just yesterday that the 41 was solid, and the only possibility on that team would be the 10?

Aric and Smithfield just resigned. The only possibility is that Cole goes to RWR.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.