NASCAR 2022/2023 Off Season Thread

49,286 Views | 1312 Replies | Last: 5 days ago by Wolfer79
Bell Tower Grey
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Here you go, wolfer. Season officially kicks off two weeks from today

https://www.nascar.com/news-media/2022/01/13/2022-busch-light-clash-at-the-coliseum-tv-schedule-entry-list-format-and-more/


https://www.nascar.com/gallery/groundbreaking-los-angeles-busch-light-clash-at-the-coliseum/
Glasswolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Really excited about this new car. Looking forward to the new season
Bell Tower Grey
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Glasswolf said:

Really excited about this new car. Looking forward to the new season
So am I. Hopefully it is better than the last one they templated. Daytona will be interesting; I don't think we will see much out of them racing on a converted football field. Then again, that might be one of the best demolition derbys ever.

eta: Also interested to see how much time will be shaved off pit stops since the wheels now have that single lug system like Indy cars have.
ncsupack1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm pumped as well. Almost here.
TheStorm
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm in the new thread and ready for the action to start. Time for the #24 to take that next step.
Glasswolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Bell Tower Grey said:

Glasswolf said:

Really excited about this new car. Looking forward to the new season
So am I. Hopefully it is better than the last one they templated. Daytona will be interesting; I don't think we will see much out of them racing on a converted football field. Then again, that might be one of the best demolition derbys ever.

eta: Also interested to see how much time will be shaved off pit stops since the wheels now have that single lug system like Indy cars have.

I heard a interview with Larry McReynolds and he stated it would take a few seconds off but not as much as fans think
Bell Tower Grey
How long do you want to ignore this user?
nascar is monkeying with penalties to begin the season. Wonder how much the rules will change during the season following some of these penalties being handed out.....

https://www.jayski.com/2022/01/24/nascar-stiffens-up-penalty-system-for-2022-cup-series-schedule/
Bell Tower Grey
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Busch Light Clash at the Coliseum

Los Angeles Coliseum

6:00pm/et, Sunday, February 6
TV: FOX
Radio: MRN, SiriusXM

Practice: 12:00pm/et. Saturday, Feb 5. TV: FS2

Qualifying: 8:00pm/et, Saturday Feb 5. TV: FS1

Heat Races and Last Chance Qualifying Races: 3:00pm/et, Sunday, Feb 6. TV: Fox

Entry List
TraCha4
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Excited for the season. Let's go 48!
caryking
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Bell Tower Grey said:

nascar is monkeying with penalties to begin the season. Wonder how much the rules will change during the season following some of these penalties being handed out.....

https://www.jayski.com/2022/01/24/nascar-stiffens-up-penalty-system-for-2022-cup-series-schedule/
NASCAR has done an excellent job of being an autocratic organization. This is probably one of the reason the fan support is luke warm.

Fortunately for NASCAR, the new car is going to be enough to keep fans, like me, still engaged and possibly bring back some old fans… otherwise, they have been digging their own grave with so many fairness rules.
The Administrative State - Rise of the Fourth Reich!!
Wolfer79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
NASCAR

NASCAR Presents Beyond the Wheel FS2, 4 p.m.
Wolfer79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Adam Stern

.@NASCAR has added a new partner in Atlanta-based computer hardware re-seller Southern Computer Warehouse the category is official technology value-added reseller.

The company will provide NASCAR with access to its products and also says it expects to sponsor a team/driver.

https://twitter.com/A_S12/status/1486004732816769027?t=-E0_WyT3kL7Valbkq2cxtg&s=19
Wolfer79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
.@NASCAR has boosted the purse for the Busch Light Clash by $750,000 to just under $2 million total, per sources, to compensate for the larger field and further travel than usual for that race this year.

https://twitter.com/A_S12/status/1486485601490767886?t=pCcp4La9S8hUjNorejlzSg&s=19
TheStorm
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Wolfer79 said:

.@NASCAR has boosted the purse for the Busch Light Clash by $750,000 to just under $2 million total, per sources, to compensate for the larger field and further travel than usual for that race this year.

https://twitter.com/A_S12/status/1486485601490767886?t=pCcp4La9S8hUjNorejlzSg&s=19
William Byron is just getting his appetite ready for that extra cash right about now...
Bell Tower Grey
How long do you want to ignore this user?
FOX broadcasters for their programming this year:

https://www.jayski.com/2022/01/28/fox-sports-announces-full-broadcaster-lineup-for-2022-nascar-season/
Wolfer79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Auto Racing
IMSA
24 Hours at Daytona, Daytona International Speedway, Daytona Beach, FL
Start NBC, 1:30 p.m.
Entire Race Peacock, 1:30 p.m.
Late Afternoon Into Evening USA Network, 4 p.m.
Late Night USA Network, 10 p.m.
Morning USA Network, 6 a.m. (Sunday)

Roar Before the Daytona 24 USA Network, 11 a.m.
Wolfer79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
NASCAR

NASCAR Race Hub: 2022 Season Preview Fox, 1 p.m.
ncsupack1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Wolfer79 said:

Auto Racing
IMSA
24 Hours at Daytona, Daytona International Speedway, Daytona Beach, FL
Start NBC, 1:30 p.m.
Entire Race Peacock, 1:30 p.m.
Late Afternoon Into Evening USA Network, 4 p.m.
Late Night USA Network, 10 p.m.
Morning USA Network, 6 a.m. (Sunday)

Roar Before the Daytona 24 USA Network, 11 a.m.
Looking forward to it. We usually have it on for most of the race.
Glasswolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ncsupack1 said:

Wolfer79 said:

Auto Racing
IMSA
24 Hours at Daytona, Daytona International Speedway, Daytona Beach, FL
Start NBC, 1:30 p.m.
Entire Race Peacock, 1:30 p.m.
Late Afternoon Into Evening USA Network, 4 p.m.
Late Night USA Network, 10 p.m.
Morning USA Network, 6 a.m. (Sunday)

Roar Before the Daytona 24 USA Network, 11 a.m.
Looking forward to it. We usually have it on for most of the race.
Always enjoy watching this
ncsupack1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Agree!
Wolfer79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ryan McGee

Annual tweet: Story I wrote in 2009, when I stayed up all night with a pit crew at the #Rolex24. Seemed like a good idea at the time.

https://twitter.com/ESPNMcGee/status/1487457838033158153?t=GjBlJR7-Ab2M0tb7NAN6nw&s=19
ncsupack1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Having some Buds and watching the 24. Racing is here! Going to do ribeye later on the grill.
Wolfer79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
IMSA
24 Hours at Daytona, Daytona International Speedway, Daytona Beach, FL
Finish NBC, noon
Wolfer79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
@CheddarsKitchen

is rolling out its 2022 NASCAR paint scheme on National Croissant Day in the U.S.

https://twitter.com/A_S12/status/1487802812293648384?s=20&t=BFfe1HjgV8HpclGDSx_gzA
Bell Tower Grey
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Wolfer79 said:

@CheddarsKitchen

is rolling out its 2022 NASCAR paint scheme on National Croissant Day in the U.S.

https://twitter.com/A_S12/status/1487802812293648384?s=20&t=BFfe1HjgV8HpclGDSx_gzA
Nice looking ride
Wolfer79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
NASCAR
NASCAR Race Hub FS1, 6 p.m.
NASCAR Race Hub: 2022 Season Preview FS1, 7 p.m.
Wolfer79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Adam Stern

About 50,000 people are expected to attend the Busch Light Clash @LAColiseum this Sunday.

@FoxSports says it will use its Sky Cam along with drones to help shoot the event. https://t.co/qrCkNXmQLl
Wolfer79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
53 years ago today, Richard Petty won the 1969 Motor Trend 500 @ Riverside, Petty's 1st NASCAR Grand National (Cup) race driving a Ford. https://t.co/GjVKpaBNjP
hokiewolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Bell Tower Grey said:

Wolfer79 said:

@CheddarsKitchen

is rolling out its 2022 NASCAR paint scheme on National Croissant Day in the U.S.

https://twitter.com/A_S12/status/1487802812293648384?s=20&t=BFfe1HjgV8HpclGDSx_gzA
Nice looking ride
Damn right I'm going to cheer for the croissant car.
Wolfer79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Doing research ahead of #BuschLightClash because I'm a nerd & that's how I roll. By my count LA Coliseum is 16th California facility to host a #NASCAR Cup event (first non-points paying) & 7th in SoCal, joining Ascot, Fontana, Gardena, Ontario, Riverside, Lancaster. My list:

https://twitter.com/ESPNMcGee/status/1488544486674337795?t=fCuJG-ARRFEhbMAZOgm2PQ&s=19
Wolfer79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
.@UFC President @DanaWhite today is announcing a new deal with NASCAR's @TeamTrackhouse, which will carry the @HowlerHead whiskey that White is a co-owner of as a primary sponsor this weekend @LAColiseum.

The Coliseum primary is the first part of a broader new collaboration.

https://twitter.com/A_S12/status/1488554082344353795?t=oEmM15tkz_D_UUymqYwihg&s=19
Wolfer79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Adam Stern

@FloydMayweather is officially announcing his move into @NASCAR, as @TMTRacing50 will attempt to qualify at the Daytona 500 with @PitViperShades and @KazGrala.

: 'I love fast cars and I love to compete. I know NASCAR will not be easy, but anything easy isn't worth doing.'

https://twitter.com/A_S12/status/1488603100239777805?t=CSSnFn_bT_7NAY3hKrYCMA&s=19
ncsupack1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Interesting. Forgot about some of those tracks.
TheStorm
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I watched the 2 hour season preview last night… really enjoyed it. While I would still rather watch the Clash on the Daytona Oval, I have to admit that they've done a damn good job hyping the Coliseum venue (showed how they built the track, etc.). Still have a feeling that I'll be disappointed in the racing product but hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised. Watching it regardless though.

Six road course races this year, which I think is a good number… last year was too many.
Wolfer79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Adam Stern

.@NASCAR is reviving plans to shoot a docuseries with @NBCUniversal, with filming starting this weekend; it will focus on the '22 season and be released on @USA_Network later this year.

There originally was going to be a series based on last year's playoffs but it got delayed. https://t.co/n5kVp9aFRf
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.