NASCAR 2022/2023 Off Season Thread

88,834 Views | 1360 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Bell Tower Grey
Wolfer79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The NASCAR Cup Series race at Daytona International Speedway was rained out Saturday night and rescheduled for Sunday.

The 400-mile race, the regular-season finale that will decide the last two playoff spots, will now begin at 10 a.m. EDT. It will air on CNBC. Weather forecasts call for 40% chance in the morning, increasing to 70% in the afternoon.
TheStorm
Wolfer79 said:

The NASCAR Cup Series race at Daytona International Speedway was rained out Saturday night and rescheduled for Sunday.

The 400-mile race, the regular-season finale that will decide the last two playoff spots, will now begin at 10 a.m. EDT. It will air on CNBC. Weather forecasts call for 40% chance in the morning, increasing to 70% in the afternoon.
10:00 AM? What a perfect way to spend a Sunday morning... (now I just have to figure out what channel number here is CNBC)
ncsupack1
I'm looking forward to a early one.
Glasswolf
Back in the day the race use to start at 11:00 AM. On what ever day July 4th fell on. It wasn't always on a Saturday.
Payton Wilson on what he thought of Carter Finley: Drunk Crazy Crowded

Glasswolf
TheStorm said:

Wolfer79 said:

10:00 AM? What a perfect way to spend a Sunday morning... (now I just have to figure out what channel number here is CNBC)
355 on Direct TV

Wolfer79
Glasswolf said:

TheStorm said:

Wolfer79 said:

355 on Direct TV

channel 205 on Spectrum in Triangle
Glasswolf
Daytona gonna Daytona.

Glasswolf
Austin Dillon may be the luckiest man alive

TheStorm
Glasswolf said:

Austin Dillon may be the luckiest man alive
Sucked. That's the only way ******* like that ever win.

McDowell being up front with 0 tires (hunting for a "rain win"), and everyone around him taking 4, was the beginning of the end for the competitive cars.
ncsupack1
They trying like heck to run this bad boy.
Glasswolf
I'll give Dillon credit. He won it on the track

Wolfer79
Fourteen drivers had previously locked up playoff spots by winning races in 2022: Christopher Bell, Alex Bowman, Chase Briscoe, Kyle Busch, William Byron, Ross Chastain, Cindric, Chase Elliott, Hamlin, Harvick, Kyle Larson, Joey Logano, Reddick and Suarez.

Austin Dillon avoided a massive wreck in the rain to win at Daytona International Speedway and snag a playoff spot in the Cup Series' regular-season finale Sunday

Martin Truex Jr. was the biggest loser. Truex looked like he would secure the final postseason berth when the skies opened up, but he faded once the race restarted and allowed Ryan Blaney to make up ground in a wild points scramble.

Blaney finished seven spots behind Truex in the race but three points ahead in the standings.

https://www.espn.com/racing/nascar/story/_/id/34477720/austin-dillon-ryan-blaney-earn-last-two-nascar-playoff-spots-rain-soaked-daytona
ncsupack1
He did…what a wild regular season.
Glasswolf
ncsupack1 said:

I hate it for Truex but I've been silently pulling for Blaney this year.

ncsupack1
Glasswolf said:

ncsupack1 said:

Same. Was hoping yesterday that Ryan would get in. Nothing against the 19. This past weekend down there was something…lol
Wolfer79
Monday, Aug. 29
6 p.m., NASCAR Race Hub, FS1
6 p.m., NASCAR America Motormouths, Peacock
11 p.m., Race for the Championship: Countdown to Premiere, USA Network

Tuesday, Aug. 30
5:30 p.m., Austin Dillon's Life in the Fast Lane: Horsepower and Baby Shower (re-air), USA Network
8 p.m., NASCAR Auto Racing Classics: 2007 Daytona 500 (re-air), FS2

Wednesday, Aug. 31
1:37 a.m., Austin Dillon's Life in the Fast Lane: It's a Swan-derful Life (re-air), USA Network
6 p.m., NASCAR America Motormouths, Peacock

Thursday, Sept. 1
12 p.m., IMSA Auto Racing: Prototype Challenge (re-air), USA Network
1 p.m., IMSA Auto Racing: Lamborghini Super Trofeo (re-air), USA Network
6 p.m., Dale Jr. Download, Peacock
10 p.m., Race for the Championship: Dawn of a New Era, USA Network

Friday, Sept. 2
1 a.m., Race for the Championship: Dawn of a New Era (re-air), USA Network

On MRN:
5 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Pole Qualifying
7 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series race at Darlington

Saturday, Sept. 3
12:30 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series Cook Out Southern 500 qualifying, USA Network
2 p.m., Austin Dillon's Life in the Fast Lane: It's a Swan-derful Life (re-air), USA Network
2:30 p.m., Countdown to Green: Darlington, USA Network
3 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series Sport Clips Haircuts VFW 200, USA Network
5 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series Post-race Show: Darlington, USA Network
5:30 p.m., Race for the Championship: Dawn of a New Era (re-air), USA Network

On MRN:
12 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series Cook Out Southern 500 pole qualifying
2:30 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series Sport Clips Haircuts VFW Help a Hero 200

Sunday, Sept. 4
12:35 a.m., Race for the Championship: Dawn of a New Era (re-air), USA Network
1:35 a.m., Austin Dillon's Life in the Fast Lane: It's a Swan-derful Life (re-air), USA Network
2 p.m., IMSA Virginia is for Racing Lovers Grand Prix Michigan Pilot Challenge, USA Network
3 p.m., NASCAR RaceDay, FS1
4 p.m., NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour, USA Network
5 p.m., Countdown to Green: Darlington, USA Network
6 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series Cook Out Southern 500 from Darlington Raceway, USA Network
10 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series Post-Race Show: Darlington, USA Network
10:30 p.m., Race for the Championship: Dawn of a New Era (re-air), USA Network
11:35 p.m., Austin Dillon's Life in the Fast Lane: It's a Swan-derful Life (re-air), USA Network

On MRN:
5 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series Cook Out Southern 500
Packchem91
Glasswolf said:

ncsupack1 said:

What's funky is, he squeezed in by 3 points, but will be the 7 seed in the POs.
Granted, other than the top 5 of Chase, Logano, Chastain, Larson and Byron, the other 11 are all grouped within 11 points, so Darlington could result in a huge shakeup
Wolfer79
Kyle Busch and Joe Gibbs both denied a week ago that any final decision has been made and both declined to give any meaningful updates while at Daytona. Both Richard Childress and Matt Kaulig owners of Chevrolet teams have indicated they have been among those who have had talks with Busch but wouldn't give any hints of how close they are to a deal.

https://www.foxsports.com/stories/nascar/toyota-enters-playoffs-with-busch-brothers-still-in-limbo-nascar-newsletter
ncsupack1
Packchem91 said:

Glasswolf said:

ncsupack1 said:

What's funky is, he squeezed in by 3 points, but will be the 7 seed in the POs.
Granted, other than the top 5 of Chase, Logano, Chastain, Larson and Byron, the other 11 are all grouped within 11 points, so Darlington could result in a huge shakeup

I'm looking forward to Darlington.
caryking
Wolfer79 said:

Kyle Busch and Joe Gibbs both denied a week ago that any final decision has been made and both declined to give any meaningful updates while at Daytona. Both Richard Childress and Matt Kaulig owners of Chevrolet teams have indicated they have been among those who have had talks with Busch but wouldn't give any hints of how close they are to a deal.

https://www.foxsports.com/stories/nascar/toyota-enters-playoffs-with-busch-brothers-still-in-limbo-nascar-newsletter
Wow! I hadn't read that. Actually, I think Kyle going to Kaulig would be good for the sport. Kaulig appears committed to building a championship team, like Trackhouse. I think it would be good to have another power team, along with JGR, HMS, Penske, and hopefully RFK racing.

We need more players in the sport…
On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
ncsupack1
caryking said:

Wolfer79 said:

Wow! I hadn't read that. Actually, I think Kyle going to Kaulig would be good for the sport. Kaulig appears committed to building a championship team, like Trackhouse. I think it would be good to have another power team, along with JGR, HMS, Penske, and hopefully RFK racing.

Not sure if Kyle would mesh with that group.. I don't know anything about either side but they are more positive vibes, whatever that means? Lol
Packchem91
ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

Wolfer79 said:

Not sure if Kyle would mesh with that group.. I don't know anything about either side but they are more positive vibes, whatever that means? Lol
From the snippets I've seen over the past week/two, has Kyle ever appeared so chipper before. Its clear he knows he's being evaluated for fit and teams don't necessarily want the snarly, snarky, jack-leggy Kyle anymore.
ncsupack1
Packchem91 said:

ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

Wolfer79 said:

From the snippets I've seen over the past week/two, has Kyle ever appeared so chipper before. Its clear he knows he's being evaluated for fit and teams don't necessarily want the snarly, snarky, jack-leggy Kyle anymore.

Very much agree with you there. He has been very different here of late.
WarrenPeace
Anyone going to North Wilkesboro to watch Dale Jr race Late Models tomorrow or Wednesday?
ncsupack1
WarrenPeace said:

Anyone going to North Wilkesboro to watch Dale Jr race Late Models tomorrow or Wednesday?

We talked about it but decided not to. You?
WarrenPeace
ncsupack1 said:

WarrenPeace said:

We talked about it but decided not to. You?

Kids sports took priority.
caryking
WarrenPeace said:

I would love to..

I hope somebody films it, YouTube, or something, so I can see. The Sundrop car is just great looking.

Joe Biden
Wolfer79
U.S. motorsports viewership from this past weekend:

1) NASCAR (@CNBC): 0.88 rating, 1.406 million viewers
2) F1 (@ESPN-2): 0.57 rating, 1.045 million

Wolfer79
Packchem91
What a cool moment. Have always been a Junior fan. He's just a regular guy. And a fam of history

caryking
Packchem91 said:

What a cool moment. Have always been a Junior fan. He's just a regular guy. And a fam of history

He is the best!!

Joe Biden
ncsupack1
Pretty cool. I'm okay with Jr, but my wife is a big Jr fan. The guy has done a lot for the sport that is for sure.
Wolfer79
Friday, Sept. 2
1 a.m., Race for the Championship: Dawn of a New Era (re-air), USA Network

On MRN:
5 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Pole Qualifying
7 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series race at Darlington
Wolfer79
.@KyleBusch re-affirmed to reporters at NASCAR playoff media day yesterday that he has multiple contract offers for next year and that he's looking to make a decision ASAP.

@23XIRacing, @KauligRacing or @RCRracing continue to be seen as his most likely destination.

Wolfer79
Saturday, Sept. 3
12:30 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series Cook Out Southern 500 qualifying, USA Network
2 p.m., Austin Dillon's Life in the Fast Lane: It's a Swan-derful Life (re-air), USA Network
2:30 p.m., Countdown to Green: Darlington, USA Network
3 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series Sport Clips Haircuts VFW 200, USA Network
5 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series Post-race Show: Darlington, USA Network
5:30 p.m., Race for the Championship: Dawn of a New Era (re-air), USA Network

On MRN:
12 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series Cook Out Southern 500 pole qualifying
2:30 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series Sport Clips Haircuts VFW Help a Hero 200

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.