NASCAR 2022/2023 Off Season Thread

88,913 Views | 1360 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Bell Tower Grey
ncsupack1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Bell Tower Grey said:

ncsupack1 said:

I see Monster going in with the 18. As for Kurt it sucks, he has made every team better when he was in the organization.
I'd love to see him get a ride with Trackhouse. Probably won't happen, but he'd be a great addition to an already good group.

Agree. He adds a lot to teams. Only makes them better. I know that it would not happen but I wished he go back to SHR. That was some of their best years.
Wolfer79
Sunday, Oct. 16
6 a.m., NASCAR Race Hub: Best of Radioactive Las Vegas Motor Speedway, FS2
7 a.m., NASCAR Race Hub: Best of Features 2022 season, FS2
8 a.m., NASCAR Race Hub: Boundless Betty Skelton, FS2
9 a.m., NASCAR Race Hub: Best of Radioactive Las Vegas Motor Speedway (re-air), FS2
Noon, NASCAR RaceDay: Las Vegas Motor Speedway, FS1
2 p.m., Countdown to Green, NBC
2:30 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: South Point 400 at Las Vegas Motor Speedway, NBC

On PRN:
1:30 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: South Point 400 at Las Vegas Motor Speedway
caryking
Dang near everything has happened in this race today…
On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
ncsupack1
Agree.
TheStorm
Missed the entire thing... don't even know who won yet.

How sad is that?
Wolfer79
Monday, Oct. 17
6 p.m., NASCAR Race Hub, FS1
6 p.m., NASCAR America Motormouths, Peacock
11 p.m., Race for the Championship, The Cutoff (re-air), USA Network

Tuesday, Oct. 18
6 pm., NASCAR Race Hub, FS1

Wednesday, Oct. 19
2 p.m., NASCAR's Greatest Races: 1999 Pennzoil 400 at Homestead-Miami Speedway (re-air), FS2
5 p.m., NASCAR Race Hub Best of Radioactive: Homestead (re-air), FS2
6 p.m., NASCAR Race Hub Best of Radioactive: Homestead (re-air), FS2
7:15 p.m., NASCAR Race Hub, FS1
8:30 p.m., NASCAR's Greatest Races: 1999 Pennzoil 400 at Homestead-Miami Speedway (re-air), FS1

Thursday, Oct. 20
6 p.m., Dale Jr. Download, Peacock
10 p.m., Race for the Championship, Playoff Pitfalls, USA Network

Friday, Oct. 21
1:01 a.m., Race for the Championship, Playoff Pitfalls (re-air), USA Network
5 p.m., ARCA Menards Series West at the Las Vegas Bullring (re-air), USA Network
6 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series practice and qualifying at Homestead-Miami Speedway, USA Network

Friday, Oct. 21
5 p.m., ARCA Menards Series West at the Las Vegas Bullring (re-air), USA Network
6 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series practice and qualifying at Homestead-Miami Speedway, USA Network

Saturday, Oct. 22
11 a.m., NASCAR Race Hub Best of Radioactive: Homestead (re-air), FS1
12 p.m., NASCAR RaceDay: NCWTS at Homestead, FS1
1 p.m., NASCAR Camping World Truck Series: Baptist Health 200 at Homestead-Miami Speedway, FS1
4 p.m., NASCAR Countdown to Green: Xfinity Series, USA Network
4:30 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series: Contender Boats 300 at Homestead-Miami Speedway, USA Network
7:30 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series post-race show, USA Network

On MRN:
10 a.m., NASCAR Cup Series qualifying at Homestead-Miami Speedway
12:30 p.m., NASCAR Camping World Truck Series: Baptist Health 200 at Homestead-Miami Speedway
4 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series: Contender Boats 300 at Homestead-Miami Speedway

Sunday, Oct. 23
4 a.m., NASCAR Camping World Truck Series: Baptist Health 200 at Homestead-Miami Speedway (re-air), FS2
12 p.m., NASCAR RaceDay: Homestead, FS1
1:30 p.m., NASCAR Countdown to Green: Cup Series, NBC
2:30 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Dixie Vodka 400 at Homestead-Miami Speedway, NBC
11 p.m., NASCAR Camping World Truck Series: Baptist Health 2o0 at Homestead-Miami Speedway (re-air), FS2

On MRN:
1:30 p.m. ET, NASCAR Cup Series: Dixie Vodka 400 at Homestead-Miami Speedway
Wolfer79
caryking
Wolfer79 said:

I'm becoming a big Chastain fan! I thought he raced real good at the end of the race. He put up enough blocking until he couldn't anymore. Just good racing…

Joe Biden
ncsupack1
caryking said:

Wolfer79 said:

I'm becoming a big Chastain fan! I thought he raced real good at the end of the race. He put up enough blocking until he couldn't anymore. Just good racing…

Agree, he has come a long way with how he races. I'm not a big fan of him, but respected how he raced at Vegas.
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
.@NBC earned a 1.57 rating and 2.619 million viewers for Sunday's #SouthPoint400 at Las Vegas, up from a 1.21 rating and 2.095 million last year but that race was on NBCSN.

This is the first playoff race of 2022 with an increase.

Wolfer79

"That could've been the end of Kyle Larson's career. That, to me, was what was on the line. Or his life."

@joeylogano shared his strong thoughts on the incident at Las Vegas involving Bubba Wallace and Larson #NASCAR

"There's no room for that. You can't do that."

Wolfer79
Bubba Wallace suspended from the next NASCAR Cup Series Championship event after Las Vegas incident.
Bell Tower Grey
Wolfer79 said:

Bubba Wallace suspended from the next NASCAR Cup Series Championship event after Las Vegas incident.
Good. After the season, I'd pay to watch Larson give him a much deserved, past due, ass beating. Darrell is no better than any other man at the track, regardles of how much he thinks of himself.
Steve Williams
Staff
We had this discussion the other night- if Larson had been injured in that crash and the telemetry showed it was intentional, could Bubba have faced criminal charges? BTW, I like Bubba. I've pulled for him since the truck series. Wrecking Larson was wreckless. And dangerous. However, I certainly didn't have a problem with him confronting Larson afterwards. That's been a staple of NASCAR for years. But again, that's just me.
Steve Williams
Staff
Bell Tower Grey said:

Wolfer79 said:

Good. After the season, I'd pay to watch Larson give him a much deserved, past due, ass beating. Darrell is no better than any other man at the track, regardles of how much he thinks of himself.
I don't know, Larson looks like he weighs about a buck 20 soaking wet. I'm not sure how many ass whoopings he's capable of. Lol
Bell Tower Grey
Steve Williams said:

Bell Tower Grey said:

Wolfer79 said:

I don't know, Larson looks like he weighs about a buck 20 soaking wet. I'm not sure how many ass whoopings he's capable of. Lol
Little guys don't fight fair, they fight to win. One of the worst ass whippings I ever took came from a little guy about 125 or so, that broke a pool stick over my back just to "make it a fair fight" as he said later.

He was even more pissed once he realized not only had he lost a couple of hundred to me playing pool, but he had also broken his prized custom pool stick. He looked like a windmill in a hurricane coming at me with that thing.
Packchem91
Steve Williams said:

We had this discussion the other night- if Larson had been injured in that crash and the telemetry showed it was intentional, could Bubba have faced criminal charges? BTW, I like Bubba. I've pulled for him since the truck series. Wrecking Larson was wreckless. And dangerous. However, I certainly didn't have a problem with him confronting Larson afterwards. That's been a staple of NASCAR for years. But again, that's just me.
I am in same boat -- I've pulled for Bubba and like him as well. That said, just from afar, some of his quotes lately seem a bit like they are part of "a show".
I mean, I'm thinking he doesn't go marching up on Kevin Harvick Sunday...but he outweighs Larson by 40-50 pounds and looked like 4-5 inches. And the whole quote after....come on, man. It's almost like he's gotten some type of messaging to be "a badazzzz" character, and I'm not sure thats what he is, which makes it come across really awkward.

I know thats part of what NASCAR is, and most fans want some of that gruff mixed in with the racing....but just some of his actions the last couple months have bothered me a little.
caryking
Bubba has tarnished his name further than his last issue. I know he is saying that the steering broke; however, some are reporting that NBC telemetry is showing his throttle was wide open when heading towards Larson.

I actually enjoy a good scuffle, but... Joey Lagano's comments are so correct. Bubba would have a really big black cloud over him if something would have happened to Larson. Bubba really needs (hopefully he is) to think about those actions and reflect.

It's kind of like being a gun owner, as I am. I have them to protect my family; however, I never, never want to use them on another person. That would be something that would never clear my mind. Bubba needs to think the same way…

Joe Biden
TheStorm
I don't disagree with any of the prevailing opinion that what happened Sunday was unnecessary and could have resulted in a tragedy. Thankfully it did not.

What I find comical about it though here today, is the irony of Logano lecturing about taking out another driver since he has one of the very worst track records of doing such a thing.
ncsupack1
I'm okay with the one race park. IMO..,that is a big penalty, sponsors spend big money for those race weekends. Bubba lost his cool for sure.
caryking
TheStorm said:

I don't disagree with any of the prevailing opinion that what happened Sunday was unnecessary and could have resulted in a tragedy. Thankfully it did not.

What I find comical about it though here today, is the irony of Logano lecturing about taking out another driver since he has one of the very worst track records of doing such a thing.
Storm, I'm no Logano fan, at all... That said, trying to compare some of Logano actions (the ones I remember) to Bubba's is a tough one for me.

Joe Biden
TheStorm
The point is that no one knows what is going to happen when they intentionally wreck someone at a high rate of speed. Weird things can happen with the angles and physics of a wreck. The results are not under anyone's direct control.

Think back to the wreck that took Dale Earnhardt's life. (not an example of intentional, but)

I applaud the advances that NASCAR has made with Driver Safety.

Bubba was wrong with what he did Sunday both in the car and after he got out of it afterwards... I don't condone that whatsoever.

I'm just saying that I get a chuckle out of Logano of all people, calling the kettle black.
PossumJenkins
Man…so close Sunday. I will say, had dinner with Ross after the race and he was in great spirits. Feel really good about homestead.

I hear what you're saying about Logano. But i think the point of no one knows what is going to happen at a high rate of speed is fair to some degree. I think the difference is you absolutely know what will happen if you hook someone in the right rear. They are either going head first or driver side into the fence at a high rate of speed. That can almost be guaranteed.

Also agree with others about. It's like Bubba is playing some role or character. Have never felt it was very authentic.
Wolfer79
@MoneyGram is the new title sponsor of @HaasF1Team, in a three-year deal being announced this morning and starting in 2023.

Financial terms are not being disclosed, but a title sponsor asset for a team like Haas is valued around $40 million annually, per source.

Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Friday, Oct. 21
Wolfer79
NASCAR
NASCAR Xfinity Series Playoffs Round of 8
Contender Boats 300, Homestead-Miami Speedway, Homestead, FL
Qualifying USA Network, 6 p.m.
Wolfer79
Saturday, Oct. 22
11 a.m., NASCAR Race Hub Best of Radioactive: Homestead (re-air), FS1
12 p.m., NASCAR RaceDay: NCWTS at Homestead, FS1
1 p.m., NASCAR Camping World Truck Series: Baptist Health 200 at Homestead-Miami Speedway, FS1
4 p.m., NASCAR Countdown to Green: Xfinity Series, USA Network
4:30 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series: Contender Boats 300 at Homestead-Miami Speedway, USA Network
7:30 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series post-race show, USA Network

On MRN:
10 a.m., NASCAR Cup Series qualifying at Homestead-Miami Speedway
12:30 p.m., NASCAR Camping World Truck Series: Baptist Health 200 at Homestead-Miami Speedway
4 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series: Contender Boats 300 at Homestead-Miami Speedway
Wolfer79
NASCAR
NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Playoffs Round of 8
Baptist Health 200, Homestead-Miami Speedway, Homestead, FL
Race FS1, 1 p.m.
NASCAR RaceDay: NCWTS Setup FS1, noon
NASCAR Xfinity Series Playoffs Round of 8
Contender Boats 300, Homestead-Miami Speedway, Homestead, FL
Race USA Network, 4:30 p.m.
Countdown to Green USA Network, 3 p.m.
Post-Race Show USA Network, 7:30 p.m.
Wolfer79
Sunday, Oct. 23
4 a.m., NASCAR Camping World Truck Series: Baptist Health 200 at Homestead-Miami Speedway (re-air), FS2
12 p.m., NASCAR RaceDay: Homestead, FS1
2:30 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Dixie Vodka 400 at Homestead-Miami Speedway, NBC
11 p.m., NASCAR Camping World Truck Series: Baptist Health 2o0 at Homestead-Miami Speedway (re-air), FS2

On MRN:
1:30 p.m. ET, NASCAR Cup Series: Dixie Vodka 400 at Homestead-Miami Speedway
ncsupack1
Got a beer open and ready to watch a good 1.5 race.
caryking
I'm probably going to watch the F1 race today!

Joe Biden
Wolfer79
Monday, Oct. 24
4 p.m., NASCAR Masters of the Clock: The Legend of Martinsville (re-air), FS2
5 p.m., NASCAR Race Hub Best of Radioactive: Martinsville (re-air), FS2
7 p.m., NASCAR Race Hub Best of Radioactive: Martinsville (re-air), FS1
11 p.m., Race for the Championship, Playoff Pitfalls (re-air), USA Network

Tuesday, Oct. 25
12:30 p.m., NASCAR Race Hub Best of Radioactive: Martinsville (re-air), FS2
1 p.m., NASCAR's Greatest Races: 2010 Goody's Fast Pain Relief 500 at Martinsville Speedway (re-air), FS2
4 p.m., NASCAR Camping World Truck Series: Baptist Health 2o0 at Homestead-Miami Speedway (re-air), FS2
Wednesday, Oct. 26

Thursday. Oct. 27
1 a.m., NASCAR's Greatest Races: 2010 Goody's Fast Pain Relief 500 at Martinsville Speedway (re-air), FS1
6 p.m., Dale Jr. Download, Peacock
8 p.m., NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour: Virginia is for Racing Lovers 250 at Martinsville Speedway, FloRacing
10 p.m., Race for the Championship, USA Network

On MRN:
8 p.m., NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour: Virginia is for Racing Lovers 250 at Martinsville Speedway

Friday, Oct. 28
12:57 a.m., Race for the Championship (re-air), USA Network
6 a.m., NASCAR Race Hub Best of Radioactive: Martinsville (re-air), FS2
6:30 a.m., NASCAR's Greatest Races: 2010 Goody's Fast Pain Relief 500 at Martinsville Speedway (re-air), FS2
4 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series practice/qualifying at Martinsville Speedway, USA Network

Saturday, Oct. 29
1 a.m., Race for the Championship (re-air), USA Network
12 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series practice, NBC Sports App
12:30 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series practice/qualifying at Martinsville Speedway, USA Network
2 p.m., Dale Jr. Download (re-air), USA Network
2:30 p.m., NASCAR Countdown to Green: Xfinity Series, NBC
3:30 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series Dead On Tools 250 at Martinsville Speedway, NBC, Peacock
11 p.m., NASCAR's Greatest Races: 2010 Goody's Fast Pain Relief 500 at Martinsville Speedway (re-air), FS2

On MRN:
12 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series qualifying at Martinsville Speedway
2:30 p.m. NASCAR Xfinity Series Dead On Tools 250 at Martinsville Speedway

Sunday, Oct. 30
11:30 a.m., NASCAR RaceDay: Martinsville, FS1
2 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series Xfinity 500 at Martinsville Speedway, NBC

On MRN:
1 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series Xfinity 500 at Martinsville Speedway
ncsupack1
Not a bad weekend of racing. Enjoyed it for sure. Now, hopefully Martinsville is better than the spring race.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.