NASCAR 2022/2023 Off Season Thread

90,626 Views | 1360 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Bell Tower Grey
Bell Tower Grey
How long do you want to ignore this user?
caryking said:

Truck series gives great racing…
They've had the best overall racing the past few years. Always a good show when they race.
Wolfer79
NASCAR
NASCAR Xfinity Series
A Race That Goes Left for 300 Miles, Daytona International Speedway, Daytona Beach, FL
Race FS1, 5 p.m.
NASCAR Race Hub: Daytona FS1, 1 p.m.
NASCAR RaceDay: Xfinity at Daytona FS1, 4 p.m.
NASCAR Xfinity Series Post-Race Show: Daytona FS1, 7:30 p.m.
Wolfer79
Wolfer79 said:

NASCAR
NASCAR Xfinity Series
A Race That Goes Left for 300 Miles, Daytona International Speedway, Daytona Beach, FL
Race FS1, 5 p.m.
NASCAR Race Hub: Daytona FS1, 1 p.m.
NASCAR RaceDay: Xfinity at Daytona FS1, 4 p.m.
NASCAR Xfinity Series Post-Race Show: Daytona FS1, 7:30 p.m.
"Beef It's What for Dinner 300"
Wolfer79
Filed from #Daytona500:

Not a #NASCAR expert? Here's all you need to know, from favorites to sleepers (and those in between), best storylines to fun factoids, we've got you covered for the 64th running of the Daytona 500.

Wolfer79
@UniWatch About 1/2 way down @bobpockrass article, short video on Villeneuve having to cover champion patch on race suit with tape (b/c F1 champ not NASCAR)

2022 Daytona 500: Jacques Villeneuve, Team Hezeberg clinch their spot | FOX Sports

https://twitter.com/drpottel/status/1495015301099966466?t=qqMap0aY1PktMG-_Ga7WVg&s=19
Bell Tower Grey
Daytona Paint Schemes Bray
Bell Tower Grey
ARCA race time!

https://www.si.com/tv/nascar/arca-lucas-oil-200-feb-19-live-stream-watch-online-free
Bell Tower Grey
Bell Tower Grey said:

ARCA race time!

https://www.si.com/tv/nascar/arca-lucas-oil-200-feb-19-live-stream-watch-online-free
Corey Heim wins in the kindergarten circuit....He's 18; seems like they all are in their teens. Congrats to him.

https://www.speedwaydigest.com/index.php/news/racing-news/67243-arca-corey-heim-wins-lucas-oil-200-five-in-a-row-for-venturini-at-daytona#:~:text=Corey%20Heim%20started%20on%20the,his%20eighth%20career%20ARCA%20win.
Bell Tower Grey
Austin Hill won a pretty good busch (Xfinity) race today. Looks like RCR has another up and comer in their stable. The big wreck came on the last lap.....car in the air, engine ripped out, driver walked away with just a limp.

https://www.speedcafe.com/2022/02/20/video-last-lap-airborne-crash-in-nascar-xfinity-series/

ncsupack1
Bell Tower Grey said:

Austin Hill won a pretty good busch (Xfinity) race today. Looks like RCR has another up and comer in their stable. The big wreck came on the last lap.....car in the air, engine ripped out, driver walked away with just a limp.

https://www.speedcafe.com/2022/02/20/video-last-lap-airborne-crash-in-nascar-xfinity-series/

That was crazy to see. Glad to see nobody was hurt. If I'm in those busses I'm thinking about moving next year....lol
Wolfer79
NASCAR
NASCAR Cup Series
Daytona 500, Daytona International Speedway, Daytona Beach, FL
Race Fox, 2:30 p.m.

NASCAR RaceDay: Daytona 500 FS1, 11 a.m.
NASCAR RaceDay: Daytona 500 Fox, 1 p.m.
Steve Williams
Staff
ncsupack1 said:

Bell Tower Grey said:

That was crazy to see. Glad to see nobody was hurt. If I'm in those busses I'm thinking about moving next year....lol
Wow. Unreal. Reminds me of a wreck Michael Waltrip had years ago where he hit the wall bordering pit road and his car just disintegrated.
Bell Tower Grey
Steve Williams said:

ncsupack1 said:

Bell Tower Grey said:

Wow. Unreal. Reminds me of a wreck Michael Waltrip had years ago where he hit the wall bordering pit road and his car just disintegrated.
1990 in Bristol. Given safety advancements since then, he's lucky to be alive. Says a lot for the cages they're in, even back then.

Better clip

PossumJenkins
Excited for today's race with so many unknowns. Not excited that i think the Fords have a pretty distinct advantage and all my friends are in Chevy's
ncsupack1
I would to see a Ford win…the 4 to be honest. Got a beer in hand and watching the pre race stuff.
Bell Tower Grey
Damnit, damnit, damnit......hate Burton got taken out. He was running a good race for a rookie. On to Fontana.

Oh well, maybe Kyle Larson will come through now.
Bell Tower Grey
Piss on keselowski...he knew he was pushing it. Hope he gets his today and not later.

metcalfmafia
Bell Tower Grey said:

Piss on keselowski...he knew he was pushing it. Hope he gets his today and not later.

Yeah then in the audio he was saying how when he was a rookie he could handle that push LOL
Bell Tower Grey
metcalfmafia said:

Bell Tower Grey said:

Yeah then in the audio he was saying how when he was a rookie he could handle that push LOL
I hope someone knocks those bucky beaver teeth down his throat....where's Juwan Howard when you need him?
Bell Tower Grey
keselowski has done it again......I can't stand that yankee midwest hybrid *****.
Wolfer79
Austin Cindric, in his 8th Cup start EVER wins the #DAYTONA500
Bell Tower Grey
Wolfer79 said:

Austin Cindric, in his 8th Cup start EVER wins the #DAYTONA500
Did what he had to do. Seems like a good guy. Penske has now won 5 Daytona 500's with 5 different drivers. Impressive streak for him.
metcalfmafia
Team Penske goes out the window when you are staring down the finish. Happy for Cindric and happy for Blaney almost making a winning move. That was fun.
metcalfmafia
That race is just another example of why Keslowski has the reputation he has.
TraCha4
Brad K is an idiot. And he is genuinely shocked that he has no fans.
caryking
HMS cars not really a threat most of the race
On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
Bell Tower Grey
caryking said:

HMS cars not really a threat most of the race
Maybe...they seem to race smart. Not sure what Chevy has this year yet unless they are sandbagging so far.

I thought the Wood Brothers had a good car today that could be there at the end till that takeout happened. My second guy is Larson, a HMS guy, and he may have been there except for guess who.....
hokiewolf
Not a BK fan but Larson took himself out really, although not much he or Harvick could have done
Packchem91
TraCha4 said:

Brad K is an idiot. And he is genuinely shocked that he has no fans.
He just caused 2 accidents....what does everyone want from teh guy. Its worse because he caused 2 but suffered virtually no damage in either. I think Tony Stewart wanted to really call him out, lol.
Steve Williams
Staff
I think Cindric is going to be a force. He's got a good ride and is a helluva driver.
Packchem91
Steve Williams said:

I think Cindric is going to be a force. He's got a good ride and is a helluva driver.
But its just so difficult to know for sure from Daytona. The announcers mentioned several times how a 1-car team could now compete and evidenced by one of the guys up front.....but Daytona and Talladega always have "unheard" of drivers in teh top 10, especially once all the top guys get shredded in wrecks.

Will be real interesting to see now as they go into the next races---is this car going to be better than previous?
Also, will guys like cindric be competitive (I agree with you in general though, he's in a good ride) AND even is a guy like Bubba going to experience a bump from having a full offseason with his team, or was today just teh result of a super speedway?
TheStorm
Not only did that son-of-a-***** Keselowski personally ruin my race for me (William Byron methodically had climbed from a #23 starting position to #3), he also took out Kyle Busch, flipped Harrison Burton and he gets out of it totally unscathed.

Then he purposefully does it exactly the same way again at the end of the race and is totally unapologetic for doing so.

***** should have literally been tarred and feathered for that sht... Reminded me of the time that he took Gordon out of The Chase that year.

Cindric never wins that race without the wreckfest... usually it's some scrub that is responsible for it, but this time it was somebody that should actually be better than that.
Steve Williams
Staff
Packchem91 said:

Steve Williams said:

But its just so difficult to know for sure from Daytona. The announcers mentioned several times how a 1-car team could now compete and evidenced by one of the guys up front.....but Daytona and Talladega always have "unheard" of drivers in teh top 10, especially once all the top guys get shredded in wrecks.

Will be real interesting to see now as they go into the next races---is this car going to be better than previous?
Also, will guys like cindric be competitive (I agree with you in general though, he's in a good ride) AND even is a guy like Bubba going to experience a bump from having a full offseason with his team, or was today just teh result of a super speedway?
Good point. Can't help but think of Trevor Bayne.
caryking
Steve Williams said:

Packchem91 said:

Steve Williams said:

Good point. Can't help but think of Trevor Bayne.
The 21 car, when Bayne was driving, was not very competitive, as I recall. BTW, why did Bayne just get out of racing (behind the wheel)?
On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
Wolfer79
Monday, Feb. 21
3 a.m., Refuse to Lose: Jeff Gordon and the 1997 Daytona 500 (re-air), FS1
4 a.m., 100,000 Cameras; Clash at the Coliseum (re-air), FS1
4:30 a.m., NASCAR Cup Series Daytona 500 (re-air), FS1
Noon, NASCAR Cup Series Daytona 500 (re-air), FS2
6 p.m. NASCAR Race Hub, FS1
9 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series Daytona 500 (re-air), FS2

Tuesday, Feb. 22
12:30 a.m., NASCAR Auto Racing Classics: Daytona 500, FS1
3:30 a.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series Beef. It's What's for Dinner. 300. (re-air), FS1
5:30 a.m., NASCAR Camping World Truck Series, NextEra Energy 250 (re-air), FS1
9:30 a.m., ARCA Menards Series Lucas Oil 200 (re-air), FS2
11:30 a.m., NASCAR Camping World Truck Series, NextEra Energy 250 (re-air), FS2
1:30 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series Beef. It's What's for Dinner. 300. (re-air), FS2
6 p.m., NASCAR Race Hub, FS1

Wednesday, Feb. 23
1:30 p.m., NASCAR Race Classic: The 1997 Daytona 500, FS2
2 p.m., NASCAR Race Hub Best of Radioactive: Daytona, FS2
3 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series Daytona 500 (re-air), FS2

Thursday, Feb. 24

Friday, Feb. 25
10 a.m., IMSA Auto Racing: Michelin Pilot Challenge (tape delay), USA/NBC Sports App
Noon, NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour at New Smyrna Speedway (tape delay), USA/NBC Sports App
1 p.m., ARCA Menards Series East at New Smyrna Speedway (tape delay), USA/NBC Sports App

Saturday, Feb. 26
10 a.m., NASCAR Presents Beyond the Wheel, FS1
Noon, NASCAR Xfinity Series practice/qualifying, FS1
1:30 p.m., NASCAR Race Hub Weekend Edition, FS1
2 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series practice/qualifying, FS1
4 p.m. NASCAR Raceday: Xfinity Series Fontana, FS1
5 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series Production Alliance 300, FS1

On MRN
2 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series practice/qualifying
4:30 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series Production Alliance 300

Sunday, Feb. 27
12:30 a.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series Production Alliance 300 (re-air), FS1
2:30 a.m., NASCAR Cup Series qualifying (re-air), FS1
5:30 a.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series Production Alliance 300 (re-air), FS2
7:30 a.m., NASCAR Presents This Racing Life, FS1
8 a.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series Production Alliance 300 (re-air), FS1
2 p.m., NASCAR RaceDay: Fontana, FS1
3 p.m., NASCAR RaceDay: Fontana, FOX
3:30 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series Wise Power 400, FOX

On MRN
2:30 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series Wise Power 400

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.