Grilling Thread

140,976 Views | 1158 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Seawolf2010
packgrad
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Not the grill, but we cooked a stew today. With more than 10 people. From more than one family.

Tootie4Pack
That looks delicious! Hard to beat a bowl of warm brunswick stew on a cold day.
packgrad
Not the grill, but doing Feast of Seven Fishes for Christmas Eve dinner tonight.

Smoked whitefish spread and crackers
Sashimi tuna in ponzu sauce
Crab cakes
Shrimp scampi
Cioppino with mussels, clams, and striped bass
Mormad
Doing a 5lb beef tenderloin from my butcher on the BGE today. Keeping it simple... Kosher salt, pepper, olive oil, maybe cover with dijon mustard.
Mormad

Bell Tower Grey
Great job, brother. Looks perfect.
Bell Tower Grey
Had the butcher cut me a couple of 2 in. rib eyes yesterday, Pulled them off the coals a little earlier.

Paired with grilled sweet potatoes, homemade yeast rolls with compound honey butter, broccoli and a new recipe my wife is trying for Alabama chocolate pie. And Bulleit.
Mormad
Bell Tower Grey said:

Had the butcher cut me a couple of 2 in. rib eyes yesterday, Pulled them off the coals a little earlier.

Paired with grilled sweet potatoes, homemade yeast rolls with compound honey butter, broccoli and a new recipe my wife is trying for Alabama chocolate pie. And Bulleit.

I mean, dayum!
Mormad

packgrad
Well done. Beautiful.
Bell Tower Grey

Took a little of the fat cap bark off removing it from the smoker, but it still turned out good. No complaints so far.

And, the sandwiches ahd homemade onion rings turned out great!
Tootie4Pack
Grilled some chops last night for my parents and my Mother's care giver.

Here are some more thick chops from Acre Station that I just took off the grill for tonight.
Along with sweet potatoes casserole and fresh green beans and Mrs Schubert's rolls. Mighty tasty !
Mormad
This thread makes me hongry. You guys grill up some beautiful stuff.
ncsupack1
That's what I'm talking about! Looks good.
ncsupack1
Looks like ribeye, shrimp, and some steamed broccoli. I need to learn how to post pics.
Bell Tower Grey
ncsupack1 said:

Looks like ribeye, shrimp, and some steamed broccoli. I need to learn how to post pics.
Look on page 16 of this thread. Tootie asked. While I"m not the tech guy, I tried to help him out. See if it works for you if you wish. Based on what you typically cook, we'd love to see some. Good luck.
Tootie4Pack
Bell Tower Grey said:

ncsupack1 said:

Look on page 16 of this thread. Tootie asked. While I"m not the tech guy, I tried to help him out. See if it works for you if you wish. Based on what you typically cook, we'd love to see some. Good luck.

BTG gave me simple instructions ( thank goodness) and I was able to follow them.

Looking forward to seeing your delicious sounding meals !
ncsupack1
Will do. Thanks
JocoPack
Oyster Rockefeller tonight to close out 2020!
Bell Tower Grey
JocoPack said:

Oyster Rockefeller tonight to close out 2020!

I was just in JoCo today....and no invite. Damn, man.... lol
JocoPack
Haha you've got to ring the bell when you're down here!
Cthepack

Boston Butt. Just off grill/smoker. 9 hours 57 mins at around 235. Very lucky, I did not want to do it overnight (issues with blower and temps) so put it on this morning and did not have a stall. Typically takes between 13 and 14 hours. I seldom crutch. Will be chopped and being a Greenville boy, ENC style.
ncsupack1
Hit my butcher up this am and got some nice ribeye and poppers for the Rolex 24. Sides are gonna be simple, baked potatoes....also popped beer one just a few minutes ago. Cheers.
Bell Tower Grey
Just pulled these 1.5" chops off the grill; Mrs. made a pan of homemade yeast rolls and a salad.

Mormad
Is that yeast rolls recipe available? They look really really nice.
ncsupack1
Smoked some nice spare ribs yesterday, turned out pretty dang good. May do something simple today like wings.
Tootie4Pack
You know , one day when people can gather together and share delicious food and conversation , I hope that us IPS folks plan some type of get together.

We have certainly got some excellent cooks and chefs on here that continually show us pics of some incredible looking food. I hope that if there is an IPS get together , we can get some of these folks to bring their grills and other cooking tools to where ever we hold this IPS community gathering and serve up some of this food. From main courses to side dishes, we got some folks on here who can serve it up.

And I'm sure that there are enough other IPS folks who could provide their favorite beverages, too. And we haven't even talked about dessert.

If we do have a gathering one day and if you leave hungry, it will be your own fault.
Mormad
ncsupack1 said:

Smoked some nice spare ribs yesterday, turned out pretty dang good. May do something simple today like wings.

Yep. Doing wings today
Bell Tower Grey
Mormad said:

Is that yeast rolls recipe available? They look really really nice.
I will ask. One of our daughters has embraced her love of baking. Both she and my wife collaborated on the rolls - lol, my wife brushed the butter on them when they came out of the oven.

We've pared back our game day menu today due to a couple not being able to be here due to illness, but daughter is fixing garlic knots to go with wings.

I'm blessed, and proud of my gals because they enjoy cooking good food. I'm just a field filler in the kitchen when they are in there working.
ncsupack1
Easy on the ol Weber.
Bell Tower Grey
ncsupack1 said:

Easy on the ol Weber.
I was at Grillbillies in Wendell yesterday, both browsing and picking up a few things. I looked at a PK grill. Talked with one of the guys about them; he has one that he replaced a Weber kettle with five years ago. Said he likes the heat retention more with the PK, as well as bigger hot and cool zones and 4 vents instead of 2. Love my Weber, but I'm going to research the PK more before I buy anything. Will probably buy one or the other before spring is over.
ncsupack1
Interesting. Let us know what you find and or think. I don't if I'll ever own anything but a Weber but who knows?
Bell Tower Grey
Shrimp, lump crabmeat and bacon, with mozz and parm, grilled on the stone over kettle vortex. I watched it from inside my den and took it off just in time....too cold to stand outside tonight.

ncsupack1
Yesterday smoked short ribs, turned out great. Got a shoulder on as we speak for race day. Today is sit back have a few beers, like yesterday and enjoy the day. Hopefully my driver can get to victory lane.
ncsupack1
Probably gonna grill wings today for the race. Wow...what a beautiful day...just standing outside with coffee in hand.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.