Grilling Thread

140,543 Views | 1158 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Seawolf2010
FlossyDFlynt
How long do you want to ignore this user?

TheStorm
Flossy knew who he was talking to...
FlossyDFlynt
The blue mark on threads with direct replies helps
TheStorm
FlossyDFlynt said:

The blue mark on threads with direct replies helps
LOL. I know... I was just trying to give BTG a little grief (only the recipient sees the blue bars)... he was all too ready to accept that compliment!

Honestly, everything that I see on this thread is far better than what I can produce... I'd eat any of it anytime without any question... and try to invite myself back for seconds if at all possible!
Mormad
Bone-in chicken breasts soaked in Thomas's sauce for 2 days and buffalo wings from the local butcher tonight. I'm sure I'll post pics.
TheStorm
Mormad said:

Bone-in chicken breasts soaked in Thomas's sauce for 2 days and buffalo wings from the local butcher tonight. I'm sure I'll post pics.

Bone-in are soooo much better than boneless... completely different taste and juiciness.
Mormad

Bell Tower Grey
Appetizer batch of race wings off the smoker Lemon-pineapple now. Sweet hot for later.

ncsupack1
Those look good. May have to do some myself next weekend.
packgrad
Smoked beef short ribs. Best version of these yet.

Edit. Pictures didn't load in proper order, but you can figure it out.

Bell Tower Grey
packgrad said:

Smoked beef short ribs. Best version of these yet.

Edit. Pictures didn't load in proper order, but you can figure it out.

Those look great! Makes me miss Darryl's even more.... "sigh"....
ncsupack1
Where do you find your short ribs? I have a hard time finding good ones. Gonna grill chicken wings today for the race.
packgrad
HT. They usually sell the ribs already sliced, then cut in half for braising. I just ask for the full rack before they've cut it up.
ncsupack1
packgrad said:

HT. They usually sell the ribs already sliced, then cut in half for braising. I just ask for the full rack before they've cut it up.

Thanks. Will have to make a trip to ours and see what they got.
packgrad
I've got some venison meatloaf on the smoker. Will post pics later.
ncsupack1
Please do. About to fire up the Weber on grill some chicken wings for the race. Beer in hand.
packgrad
Turned out fantastic.

ncsupack1
Smoked ribs yesterday that turned out great..forgot pics. Today is gonna be grilled chicken for some sandwiches and homemade fries.
Bell Tower Grey
ncsupack1 said:

Smoked ribs yesterday that turned out great..forgot pics. Today is gonna be grilled chicken for some sandwiches and homemade fries.
I reverse seared a ribeye for me and a filet for my wife last night. When she's willing to try red meat now, filet seems not to bother her too much. Thankfully, she was able to enjoy her meal last night.

She's asked that I grill chicken today for Mother's Day. So, I'm gonna hook her up. Will try to get pics for later.
Mormad

Bell Tower Grey
Recently refurbished a Char-Griller barrel cooker for one of my kids. He's not picked it up yet so I broke it out for a test run on the chicken yesterday. Cooker worked fine and the bird was good.

griff17matt
Anyone know of a good butcher shop in the Smithfield area?
Bell Tower Grey
griff17matt said:

Don't know of a dedicated butcher shop there, but the Town Market in Pine Level has a very good one. They will custom cut whatever you want. I enjoy going there and am usually in there once or twice a month.

Not sure how far you are from Angier, but there is a place called Carolina Butcher Shop there. I don't know much about it, but my brother in law goes there occasionally. He's been pleased with the products he's gotten there.
griff17matt
Bell Tower Grey said:

griff17matt said:

Don't know of a dedicated butcher shop there, but the Town Market in Pine Level has a very good one. They will custom cut whatever you want. I enjoy going there and am usually in there once or twice a month.

Not sure how far you are from Angier, but there is a place called Carolina Butcher Shop there. I don't know much about it, but my brother in law goes there occasionally. He's been pleased with the products he's gotten there.
Pine Level is right down the road from me. Thanks! I'll be sure to give them a try.
ciscopack
griff17matt said:

Sims - https://www.google.com/search?q=butcher+shop+in+sims%2C+nc&client=firefox-b-1-d&ei=dPCZYJXTH5fdtQb9yaPQBA&oq=butcher+shop+in+sims%2C+nc&gs_lcp=Cgdnd3Mtd2l6EAwyBQghEKsCOgcIABBHELADOggIIRAWEB0QHlCgKFifL2DEPWgBcAJ4AIAB2wGIAa0FkgEFMS4zLjGYAQCgAQGqAQdnd3Mtd2l6yAEIwAEB&sclient=gws-wiz&ved=0ahUKEwiV3bfqzsDwAhWXbs0KHf3kCEoQ4dUDCA0#lrd=0x89ac23f10818ddb5:0x995d19d9ae5c13e5,1,,,
Cthepack
Memphis in May, World Championship BBQ contest this weekend. Of course not in the contest but in honor I will be doing ribs and a Boston butt. Anyone else got something going on the grill this weekend?
FlossyDFlynt
Burgers tonight
Chicken Spiedies on Sunday

Might do something tomorrow night as well, havent really decided
packgrad
FlossyDFlynt said:

Burgers tonight
Chicken Spiedies on Sunday

Might do something tomorrow night as well, havent really decided

Dang. Haven't used Spiedies in a while. I need to fix that. Love that smell.
Bell Tower Grey
Cthepack said:

Memphis in May, World Championship BBQ contest this weekend. Of course not in the contest but in honor I will be doing ribs and a Boston butt. Anyone else got something going on the grill this weekend?
Got a buddy cooking at MIM. Will let y'all know how he fares.

I'm putting ribs on for Saturday. Right now, Sunday is tbd.
Bell Tower Grey
Bell Tower Grey said:

Cthepack said:

My buddy Mat cooks with the Mixon boys, and they sponsor his personal cooking rig. They finished first in whole hog and were named overall Grand Champion at the MIM event last night.

I've got the ribs and chops on now; did the burgers last night.
Cthepack
Bell Tower Grey said:

Bell Tower Grey said:

Cthepack said:

My buddy Mat cooks with the Mixon boys, and they sponsor his personal cooking rig. They finished first in whole hog and were named overall Grand Champion at the MIM event last night.

I've got the ribs and chops on now; did the burgers last night.
Congratulation. MM is always a mix of serious teams and teams that want to party.
Bell Tower Grey
The ribs and chops turned out good. Cooked over hardwood charcoal, with applewood pellet smoke. Finished off with a sauce Mrs. BTG made (I asked, she wouldn't tell me what was in it). Sides of corn on the cob, garlic bread. Dessert is homemade fried apple pies that she made yesterday, with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream.

Cthepack
Bell Tower Grey said:

The ribs and chops turned out good. Cooked over hardwood charcoal, with applewood pellet smoke. Finished off with a sauce Mrs. BTG made (I asked, she wouldn't tell me what was in it). Sides of corn on the cob, garlic bread. Dessert is homemade fried apple pies that she made yesterday, with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream.

Look fantastic
Tootie4Pack
I'll second what CthePack said....they look fantastic !!
packgrad
The KJ put in work this weekend. Butt and Chuck roast Friday night overnight. Butt was for my BIL's people. Chuck roast was for us. Ate with chimichurri. Sunday morning ribs and chicken wings. Good eats.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.