Grilling Thread

140,962 Views | 1158 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Seawolf2010
Steve Videtich
How long do you want to ignore this user?
FlossyDFlynt said:

Nice. Ive been using Phillips Blackening seasoning, which I like, but those looked real good

It's the best blackened seasoning I've found.
Bell Tower Grey

Picked up this tuna on Friday from a fishmonger in Wanchese. Just cut it into steaks earlier today and will grill it later this afternoon.
Bell Tower Grey
Not sure why the filter flagged cut, uncooked tuna steaks, but it did.

Here's the finished product:

Bell Tower Grey
Had to pick up some things for the Mrs. this morning in Greenville. I was hungry, so I stopped in at B's a little after 10 am. The guys had the hot coals going low and slow, and smoke rolling around the birds. The bbq and chicken combo plate was just what I needed for a late breakfast.

ncsupack1
Wow, that looks great!
ncsupack1
Gonna smoke ribs today and a pork shoulder tomorrow. Loving this weather.
Bell Tower Grey
ncsupack1 said:

Gonna smoke ribs today and a pork shoulder tomorrow. Loving this weather.
This weather could last all year, as far as I'm concerned. I picked up ribeyes (tiger meat) to grill tonight and bone in chops for tomorrow.
ncsupack1
Agree. Gonna do a brisket instead of the shoulder tomorrow.
ncsupack1
Good morning all. Cooked eggs, bacon, and toast this am....Coffee in hand. Now gonna take the day in and got a nice brisket already going.
Steve Videtich
Will be putting some baby backs on the grill later today! Going to be a good day!
WolfInTheWeeds
I got a grad student from Brazil who introduced me to picanha. If you like ribeyes, you should give it a try. Very flavorful piece of beef.
WolfInTheWeeds
I got a grad student from Brazil who introduced me to picanha. If you like ribeyes, you should give it a try. Very flavorful piece of beef.
Bell Tower Grey
WolfInTheWeeds said:

Wasn't sure what that was until I looked it up. I will be talking to our butcher this week about getting one cut to try. Thanks for that tip.
ncsupack1
Interesting…brisket turned out great…ready for the race.
Bell Tower Grey
ncsupack1 said:

Interesting…brisket turned out great…ready for the race.
Looking forward to seeing if anything happens tonight with Harvick and Elliott. Have a feeling they will be watched closely and if anything does happen, fines and suspensions will be doled out.
Then again, they may wait till Talladega.
Steve Videtich
Here they are!

Bell Tower Grey
Steve Videtich said:

Here they are!

Do you ship cross country?
Steve Videtich
Bell Tower Grey said:

Steve Videtich said:

Here they are!

Do you ship cross country?

Not yet, lol!
ncsupack1
I see the Roval or Martinsville being where something could happen.
Bell Tower Grey
ncsupack1 said:

I see the Roval or Martinsville being where something could happen.
Makes sense

Got any pics of that brisket?
ncsupack1
I'll try …not good with uploading…lol
Bell Tower Grey
Sprinkled some wings with Smokin Guns Hot rub then grilled them over the vortex on Sunday. Turned out great, with crispy skin and good flavor.

ncsupack1
Looks great!
packedout
anybody have any experience with sous vide? I was just gifted this gadget and accessories.
johntom
packedout said:

anybody have any experience with sous vide? I was just gifted this gadget and accessories.

Yes. I've loved using it for homemade carne asada. Put a skirt or flank steak in a marinade earlier in the day. Put it in the sous vide in the bag you're marinating in for however long the directions say. Finish it by searing it on the grill. Perfect medium rare carne asada and more tender than normal.

You can basically use it to reverse sear a steak too. I had good luck doing this but I like cooking my steaks the old fashioned way more.
WolfInTheWeeds
Have a friend who used one to cook a prime rib, then finished on grill. It was awesome!
ncsupack1
Race weekend and gonna smoke some nice pork ribs Sunday. Found some nice Smithfield ones.
Mormad
Beer can chicken, rubbed in garlic, onion powder, paprika, brown sugar, cayenne, kosher, pepper and sprayed every 10 with olive oil, black cherry balsamic, apple juice
Mormad
Sweet potatoes roasted in orange juice, water, cinnamon, vanilla extract, kosher, butter, brown sugar and bourbon on the bge
Bell Tower Grey
Mormad said:

Sweet potatoes roasted in orange juice, water, cinnamon, vanilla extract, kosher, butter, brown sugar and bourbon on the bge

That sounds interesting. I thought it was bbq boiled potatoes for a second.
ncsupack1
That looks good!
ncsupack1
Picked up a couple of ribeye today for dinner. Sides are homemade cream potatoes, steamed broccoli, and Mac and cheese. Just poured double vodka number one.
packgrad
Went hard at the tailgate today. Started the day when we first got there and cooked up some salmon. Brought rice we had cooked at home. Cut up some cucumber and avocado. Little squirt of kewpie Mayo and sriracha. Put out some Costco nori snacks and people could make their own salmon hand rolls. Thank you TikTok

Followed that up with some Korean short ribs on the grill.

Followed that up with some pork bulgogi on the flat top.

Made some Korean slaw and cucumber banchan apps too for the tailgate.

'Twas legit.
ncsupack1
Wow…you did go all in.
Steve Videtich
packgrad said:

Went hard at the tailgate today. Started the day when we first got there and cooked up some salmon. Brought rice we had cooked at home. Cut up some cucumber and avocado. Little squirt of kewpie Mayo and sriracha. Put out some Costco nori snacks and people could make their own salmon hand rolls. Thank you TikTok

Followed that up with some Korean short ribs on the grill.

Followed that up with some pork bulgogi on the flat top.

Made some Korean slaw and cucumber banchan apps too for the tailgate.

'Twas legit.

Dang, if I ever get back that way, I'm tailgating with you for sure!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.