Grilling Thread

139,420 Views | 1158 Replies | Last: 10 days ago by Seawolf2010
Whitetailpack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Smoked Turkey Breast on indirect charcoal with soaked apple wood chunks on the 'ol 25 year old Weber!

These turned out delicious!
Bell Tower Grey
ncsupack1 said:

Bell Tower Grey said:

Put some "state fair size" turkey legs on the smoker this morning, so I'd have something to snack on.

Mind if I ask you were you got those bad boys? Look great.
Thank you. I picked them up at our local butcher shop. Had them 3 to a pack; not sure what I paid for them, but they weren't expensive. Used some cajun seasoning and a little smoked paprika on them for smoking. When I pulled them off, I drizzled them with Mike's Hot Honey before serving.
Bell Tower Grey
Whitetailpack said:

Smoked Turkey Breast on indirect charcoal with soaked apple wood chunks on the 'ol 25 year old Weber!

These turned out delicious!

Excellent. With all the technology out there today for grilling and smoking, I still love my Weber. With a smoke stick and vortex, I can do about anything I want. Plus, there's a lot of comfort that comes just sitting outside with something on the charcoal grill, an adult beverage, my dog, and good music playing.
ncsupack1
Thanks for replying. Gonna have to see if my butcher has those.
Mormad
Bacon wrapped turkey breast today with leftovers
ncsupack1
Doing some ribs today. Sides are beans and rolls...nothing fancy...beer in hand as I type this. Beautiful day.
Bell Tower Grey
Prime Rib Roast is ready for tomorrow.

ncsupack1
Hit the ol' butcher up today. Gonna do bacon burgers tonight with home fries and poppers. Jack in hand after a afternoon of yard work. Tomorrow will be bratwurst. All on the Weber.
TheStorm
Bell Tower Grey said:

Damn. That even looks better than the first one!
Bell Tower Grey
Bell Tower Grey said:

I decided to save the prime rib since we had way more food than was eaten on Sunday. So, I wrapped it overnight and left it in the microwave. On Sunday morning, I took it out and sliced it into four servings, about 1.5 to 2 in. thick. Wrapped each piece in saran wrap, then placed them into a zip lock freezer bag.

Today, I took 2 out to thaw for dinner tonight. I fixed a pan of au jus, then warmed the thawed slices in the pan of au jus until the chill was knocked off.

The meat had a nice, smoky flavor with the hint of the apple wood it was cooked with. It looks a little more done than rare, but it was fork tender to cut. I must say, for a frozen piece of meat, it was as good as restaurant ready. There are two more pieces in the freezer that probably won't be there after this coming weekend.

statefan91
Anyone have experience replacing components of a Weber Spirit grill? The igniter isn't working (already replaced the battery), and think I need to replace the grates and flavorizer bars under the grate.

Not sure if it's worth it to do all that or just get a new grill. Really wanting to get a flat top grill...
packgrad
statefan91 said:

Anyone have experience replacing components of a Weber Spirit grill? The igniter isn't working (already replaced the battery), and think I need to replace the grates and flavorizer bars under the grate.

Not sure if it's worth it to do all that or just get a new grill. Really wanting to get a flat top grill...

I did the grates and flavorizer bars on mine a couple of times before it finally rusted out on me. They are easy and relatively cheap, compared to new grill, to do. I gave up on the igniter.

I have 2 flat tops. I enjoy them, but I'm more a charcoal guy so use that substantially more . I definitely enjoy cooking on them though.
TheStorm
Bell Tower Grey said:

Bell Tower Grey said:

I decided to save the prime rib since we had way more food than was eaten on Sunday. So, I wrapped it overnight and left it in the microwave. On Sunday morning, I took it out and sliced it into four servings, about 1.5 to 2 in. thick. Wrapped each piece in saran wrap, then placed them into a zip lock freezer bag.

Today, I took 2 out to thaw for dinner tonight. I fixed a pan of au jus, then warmed the thawed slices in the pan of au jus until the chill was knocked off.

The meat had a nice, smoky flavor with the hint of the apple wood it was cooked with. It looks a little more done than rare, but it was fork tender to cut. I must say, for a frozen piece of meat, it was as good as restaurant ready. There are two more pieces in the freezer that probably won't be there after this coming weekend.

I see someone's tongue hanging out! *How did he like it?
Bell Tower Grey
TheStorm said:

Bell Tower Grey said:

Bell Tower Grey said:

I see someone's tongue hanging out! *How did he like it?
Lol, he enjoyed it immensely. Made me a member of the clean plate club after I finished.
Bell Tower Grey
It's not grilling today, but I just put on a pot of navy beans with ham hock, to simmer all day until supper. We've got fresh collards (compliments of one of the neighbors), sweet potatoes and Mrs. BTG is fixing her better than her mama's lace cornbread to go with it.

Gonna fry up some link sausage from Smith's and fix a pan of cat heads for breakfast.
Tootie4Pack
Bell Tower Grey said:

It's not grilling today, but I just put on a pot of navy beans with ham hock, to simmer all day until supper. We've got fresh collards (compliments of one of the neighbors), sweet potatoes and Mrs. BTG is fixing her better than her mama's lace
cornbread to go with it.

Gonna fry up some link sausage from Smith's and fix a pan of cat heads for breakfast.

Dang, that sounds delicious !

What time do you want us over for supper ?
Bell Tower Grey
Tootie4Pack said:

Bell Tower Grey said:

It's not grilling today, but I just put on a pot of navy beans with ham hock, to simmer all day until supper. We've got fresh collards (compliments of one of the neighbors), sweet potatoes and Mrs. BTG is fixing her better than her mama's lace
cornbread to go with it.

Dang, that sounds delicious !

What time do you want us over for supper ?
Y'all come on, pal. Got enough left for lunch Thursday.
johntom
I'm sure this has been asked at some point in this thread, but anyone have a wood pellet grill? I have a vertical propane smoker now and I'm thinking about upgrading.
Bell Tower Grey
Weather today was too nice not to take advantage of it. Grilled these legs and wings with the vortex

statefan91
packgrad said:

statefan91 said:

I did the grates and flavorizer bars on mine a couple of times before it finally rusted out on me. They are easy and relatively cheap, compared to new grill, to do. I gave up on the igniter.

I have 2 flat tops. I enjoy them, but I'm more a charcoal guy so use that substantially more . I definitely enjoy cooking on them though.

Just as a follow up, I replaced the igniter and was able to get Weber to send me some new grates. Need to get some flavorizer bars but the igniter replacement was relatively easy

What make/model flat tops do you have?
ncsupack1
If the rain every lets up, I got a nice pork tenderloin for dinner. Also, picked up some ribs as well.
packgrad
statefan91 said:

packgrad said:

statefan91 said:

Just as a follow up, I replaced the igniter and was able to get Weber to send me some new grates. Need to get some flavorizer bars but the igniter replacement was relatively easy

What make/model flat tops do you have?
Blackstone 22" and 36".
Pacfanweb
Not exactly grilling, although I do use them on the grill, but I just busted my big cast iron pan.

Haven't used this one in years, decided to clean it up and season it. Had it in the garage, using a wire brush on my die grinder to clean off old crust, and it fell. Cracked the side wall a bit.

$%#&$*%^$%#!!!

On a side note, it's only the side wall, so I'm going to attempt to weld it. Have watched several "how to" weld cast iron pan videos, so it can be done. Will bone up on the process and give it a try, I guess. Dammit.

ncsupack1
Butcher has ribeye on sale. Gonna pick a couple up for dinner. Poppers and baked potato as well.
JocoPack
Here we go
JocoPack
Let's hope it's good boys. Family Christmas tonight...Merry Christmas from the Young family to my grilling Wolfpackers!
Bell Tower Grey
JocoPack said:

Let's hope it's good boys. Family Christmas tonight...Merry Christmas from the Young family to my grilling Wolfpackers!

Looks like it turned out great. Merry Christmas from all of us to all of y'all, too.
Tootie4Pack
JocoPack said:

Man, that looks delicious for sure. And you know how to make a beautiful presentation with the parsley garnishment.

Merry Christmas to you and your family. I know that y'all are eating good !
packgrad
Venison for dinner.

JocoPack
Thank you Tootie, it turned out great and everyone enjoyed it. Hope you and yours enjoy a Merry Christmas!

After everyone left I retired to my "wolf den" and enjoyed some of the Christmas candy my wife and girls made along with some salted caramel Crown Royal. Good end to the night!
ncsupack1
Looks good. Was gonna smoke some ribs today but a little wet. Instead, will be a pork tenderloin in the oven.
Bell Tower Grey
We had make your own personal pizza tonight. Wife made fresh garlic infused dough. Added tomato basil sauce that she had canned this summer; mozz and parm, sausage, bacon, beef and pepperoni. Baked on the stone in the oven.

Pacfanweb
Smoked a couple racks of baby backs today. 3-2-1 method. Came out great.

KKandDD
johntom said:

I'm sure this has been asked at some point in this thread, but anyone have a wood pellet grill? I have a vertical propane smoker now and I'm thinking about upgrading.

Just got a Traeger recently. It's pretty damn cool. I still like using the green egg because of the experience, but when I want to do a long cook during the week but can't babysit it like the egg, it's awesome. Did ribs recently and they were the best I've ever made.
ncsupack1
KKandDD said:

johntom said:

Just got a Traeger recently. It's pretty damn cool. I still like using the green egg because of the experience, but when I want to do a long cook during the week but can't babysit it like the egg, it's awesome. Did ribs recently and they were the best I've ever made.
Can't help ya with the pellet grills....I've heard that Pitt Boss are good as well. But like I said, I've never used one.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.