Grilling Thread

140,849 Views | 1158 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Seawolf2010
Steve Videtich
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ncsupack1 said:

Have the day off and thinking of hitting up my local butcher to see what he's got going. Wanting to grill later today.

Cash post gifs, so in my best Ben Stiller voice, "Do it... do it!"
ncsupack1
It's gonna be surf and turf later today...picked up the Mrs a nice Filet mignon, I'm having ribeye...also got two lobster tails to grill. Be a nice treat after cleaning the boat up for Sunday.
Bell Tower Grey
Can't believe this thread seems to be dying here.

Burgers and dogs tonight. Saturday, may be dinner out. However, Sunday should be good, and I will post pics.
Tootie4Pack
BTG, I picked up some extra thick bone -in pork chops at Acre Station this week when down there with my work. Going to grill one of the next two nights. Along with your seasoning suggestion on some grilled shrimp. I will report in ....I know it will be smacking good. And the cooler temps will make it even better !!
FlossyDFlynt
Pizza on the grill tonight. One of my favorite meals
Civilized
100%.

Nothing like that 800 degree charred pizza crust.

How do you do your crust or do you buy it? Lilly's Pizza in Raleigh sells theirs. Hard to beat.

What toppings?
FlossyDFlynt
Civilized said:

100%.

Nothing like that 800 degree charred pizza crust.

How do you do your crust or do you buy it? Lilly's Pizza in Raleigh sells theirs. Hard to beat.

What toppings?
Doing store bought because I am just feeling too lazy to make my own. I have a really good recipe I got from a client (Ill post it if I can find the email). Doing pepperoni and prosciutto for sure. I have some salami and sausage as well, but havent decided if I am going to use them. Gonna see how I feel after my round
FlossyDFlynt
Couldn't find the email, but I printed it out. All his words, but its a very tasty pizza
packgrad
Is that all purpose flour or bread flour? Thanks for the recipe. May give it a shot this week.
FlossyDFlynt
I believe it was AP flour, but I think either would work
Bell Tower Grey
FlossyDFlynt said:

Late to this conversation, but do you use AP flour?

Could the flour your client uses possibly be semolina flour? Wife and I were discussing it at lunch today (over pizza), and she's ordered some semolia in order to begin making her own pizza dough and pastas. Apparently this product makes great pizza dough and pastas.

She's a great cook, so I'm all for this experiment. Her comment was "I'll make the dough and you grill them for us". Works for me.
Tootie4Pack
Interesting , my wife has stated making her own dough since the shut down. Pretty dog gone good. Made homemade pizza last night. Not cooked on the grill, but on the brick in the oven. Very good pizza. In trying to be healthy , we use chicken meat balls and turkey pepperoni and Canadian bacon , along with fresh veggies.

Home made pizza sounds like a popular meal on here. And my wife is a excellent cook, too.
Civilized
Lucky man!
Bell Tower Grey

Two bags of this were just delivered. I don't read Italian, nor do I bake. However, I'm looking forward to finding out how this tastes in dough and other Italian dishes.
Bell Tower Grey
Tootie4Pack said:

Interesting , my wife has stated making her own dough since the shut down. Pretty dog gone good. Made homemade pizza last night. Not cooked on the grill, but on the brick in the oven. Very good pizza. In trying to be healthy , we use chicken meat balls and turkey pepperoni and Canadian bacon , along with fresh veggies.

Home made pizza sounds like a popular meal on here. And my wife is a excellent cook, too.
I"m a carnivore and love pizza loaded with meats. Your chicken meat balls pie sounds good. My wife prefers veggies, so we usually have one of each type.

She's almost through with her canning now, and has said she's shifting into "baking mode" over the next few weeks. Blessed more than I deserve.
FlossyDFlynt
Turned out very good
Bell Tower Grey
FlossyDFlynt said:

Turned out very good

Great looking pizza. Nice job.
packgrad
FlossyDFlynt said:

Turned out very good

That crust looks great.
FlossyDFlynt
Bell Tower Grey said:

FlossyDFlynt said:

Late to this conversation, but do you use AP flour?

Could the flour your client uses possibly be semolina flour? Wife and I were discussing it at lunch today (over pizza), and she's ordered some semolia in order to begin making her own pizza dough and pastas. Apparently this product makes great pizza dough and pastas.

She's a great cook, so I'm all for this experiment. Her comment was "I'll make the dough and you grill them for us". Works for me.
I have actually never made it myself. He was using AP as far as kneading the dough, then using semolina for the board once the dough was rolled out.

I dont have a stand mixer and doing the whole thing by hand seems like a ton of work. Also the amount it would make is enough to feed a crowd, so basically just looking for an excuse to have people over at some point to make it.
Tootie4Pack
Grilled those extra thick chops last night. Outstanding! Wife cooked sweet potatoes , fresh brown sugar crowder peas, and new potatoes. She cooked a Vivian Howard recipe tomato pie since she is a pescatarian. The tomato pie is delicious.

And that grilled pizza looked mighty good !
Civilized
I don't know how that pie tasted but it looks perfect!
FlossyDFlynt
Civilized said:

I don't know how that pie tasted but it looks perfect!
It was very tasty. Harris Teeter dough, sauce from a can (cant remember the brand name), prosciutto, red pepper flake, grated parmesan layer, layer of mozzarella, layer of pepperoni, topped with oregano. Really enjoyed the flavor profile
metcalfmafia
Had a steak cooked for me at Franks in Pawleys Island the other night. Does that count?

Bell Tower Grey
Tootie, I chuckled when I saw your post about chops from Acre Station. I picked up chops and steaks on Friday from our butcher.

Chops are 1.5 in, pocketed. Going to stuff and grill them later this afternoon. Steaks on Monday.
Bell Tower Grey
metcalfmafia said:

Had a steak cooked for me at Franks in Pawleys Island the other night. Does that count?

Depends on how done the steak was, and if it was good or not.
metcalfmafia
Bell Tower Grey said:

metcalfmafia said:

Depends on how done the steak was, and if it was good or not.

Medium and delicious.
Bell Tower Grey

1.5" chop, grilled over charcoal. Stuffed with diced apple, bacon, onion, Mascarpone cheese and a little brown sugar. Side salad and French bread..
Tootie4Pack
Dad gum that looks delicious ! Well done !
JocoPack
Chops from last night
Bell Tower Grey
Looks good, JoCo. Been missing your posts. You been helping Trent get things ready for 2 weeks at the farm?
Steve Videtich
Good looking chops guys! Looks like I'm doing the pork loin sandwiches again from about a month ago. Happy Labor Day!
JocoPack
Thanks BTG! I've been so busy lately I haven't even had the chance to help him out. Hopefully it will be good weather though and he'll have a crowd out there.
Bell Tower Grey
JocoPack said:

Thanks BTG! I've been so busy lately I haven't even had the chance to help him out. Hopefully it will be good weather though and he'll have a crowd out there.
We're planning to go. Maybe we will see you there.
Bell Tower Grey
It was storming outside so I didn't get to grill these, but Mrs. and daughter decided to make pizza tonight and cooked them on the stone in the oven.

They had fresh mozz, basil and tomatoes. I had sausage, beef, pancetta, mushrooms and mozz.

Civilized
Bell Tower Grey said:

It was storming outside so I didn't get to grill these, but Mrs. and daughter decided to make pizza tonight and cooked them on the stone in the oven.

They had fresh mozz, basil and tomatoes. I had sausage, beef, pancetta, mushrooms and mozz.
That's restaurant quality right there!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.