Grilling Thread

140,586 Views | 1158 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Seawolf2010
ncsupack1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Nice!
ncsupack1
Burgers turned out great....wife's fries as well. Thinking about doing a pork tenderloin later.
Mormad
Try BTG's tenderloin marinade. It was good.
ncsupack1
Will give it a try. Went to HT, decided with doing some short ribs today for the race.
Mormad
Nice! Enjoy! Never done short ribs. I've gotta do them soon.
Bell Tower Grey
I ground up two DemKota ribeyes along with a piece of chuck steak for burgers for our son, his wife, and myself tonight.

Ground up some turkey breast along with some pork tenderloin, and mixed in sausage seasoning with that, for burgers for Mrs. BTG.

Grilled all of that along with foil packets of diced yukon gold potatoes, onion and applewood bacon with a pat of butter, as a side. Turned out good for an "on the fly" meal with drop in guests (son and d-i-l).

Paired it with a wash tub of PBR in ice bath with a rock salt accelerated cooler, and Sunday On The Beach then the Craig Woolard Show on the radio. A great evening..
Cthepack
Tried a pellet grill mainly due to people posting about them here. Ribs came out great.
Mormad

SexualChocolate
Thinking about selling my Green Egg, and moving to a Traeger. Anybody have an experience with both and can compare pros and cons?
Cthepack
SexualChocolate said:

Thinking about selling my Green Egg, and moving to a Traeger. Anybody have an experience with both and can compare pros and cons?

Depends what you use your egg for. If you are doing pizza or steaks on your egg you will not get the high temperature in a pellet grill. If only for smoking you will be fine. I bought an Oklahoma Joe pellet grill (not the dual gas pellet) because it says max temp at 650 and was able to cook burgers and steaks ( reverse sear) with no problem. Trager only gets to 500.
SexualChocolate
Cthepack said:

SexualChocolate said:

Depends what you use your egg for. If you are doing pizza or steaks on your egg you will not get the high temperature in a pellet grill. If only for smoking you will be fine. I bought an Oklahoma Joe pellet grill (not the dual gas pellet) because it says max temp at 650 and was able to cook burgers and steaks ( reverse sear) with no problem. Trager only gets to 500.

Great info, thanks. I use my Weber for Steaks and I've done pizza on the Egg and it works great but going to try Pizza on my Wilmington Gas because it does get up to 600 and to see if it's just as good. Looks like a lot of people prefer the Wood pellet grills to the Egg when smoking.
Cthepack
SexualChocolate said:

Cthepack said:

SexualChocolate said:

Great info, thanks. I use my Weber for Steaks and I've done pizza on the Egg and it works great but going to try Pizza on my Wilmington Gas because it does get up to 600 and to see if it's just as good. Looks like a lot of people prefer the Wood pellet grills to the Egg when smoking.

I prefer the egg. But bought the pellet for the beach because I wanted to try one and I want more ease when away from home.
SexualChocolate
Yea I'm thinking the same thing. Going to get a pellet grill for the beach. Got a Blackstone and Wilmington gas grill down there already so this will be a welcome addition. Thanks for the input.
Bell Tower Grey
Had the carnivore attack tonight. Rubbed some wings with a mix of Cimarron Docs Sweet Rib Rub & BBQ Seasoning and Smokin Guns Hot then grilled them over the vortex. Served with bbq rolls, a salad and a Highland Gaelic Ale.

packgrad
Just trimmed and rubbed a 16.5# packer. Planning on throwing it on late tomorrow night and having for dinner Saturday.

We've got a pretty good eating weekend ahead of us. Grilling some salmon for dinner tomorrow night. Have some tuna as well. Deciding whether to make some spicy tuna poke as an app, or grill it as an entree as well. Brisket Saturday night. Ham and collards on Sunday.

We've been dieting since 1/4. This weekend the wheels are coming off.
Bell Tower Grey
Sounds great, grad. If you're gonna have a wreck, you might as well take out the entire field.
Looking forward to the pics.
packgrad
Forgot to take pics of the fish last night. We did a pepper marinated salmon from Fresh Market. Baked at 400 for 15-20 minutes. Was great. For an app we made a tuna poke with ponzu sauce with a healthy dollop of wasabi. Did not suck.

Brisket was put on around midnight last night. Wrapped in brown paper around 6. Hopefully flat finishes in a couple hours so I can separate it from the point, wrap in foil, put in cooler, and cube up point before heading to play 18.

Here's a pic of the beaut as she began her voyage.

ncsupack1
Going to hit up my butcher later this morning. In the mood to throw some meat on the Ol' Smoker.
ncsupack1
Beautiful day, gonna drink some Jack and chill on the property. Gonna grill some wings later...wanna do something easy.
Mormad
Roasted carrots in olive oil, thyme, garlic, salt, pepper

Marinated Costco pork tenderloin overnight in olive oil, red wine vinegar, coconut aminos, onion powder, pepper, honey mustard, garlic

Hope y'all don't get sick of my pics. I blame it on the four roses.

Mormad
Most important ingredient: 3 shots four roses small batch select, 1/2 shot homemade demarara simple syrup, orange bitters, and a luxardo cherry

Yeah baby

Both my babies home, wifey doing the sides, rent-in-laws in tow. Gonna be a nice night.
packgrad
Forgot to post a pic of the brisket yesterday. Flat came out great. I separated it before heading to play 18 in neighborhood tournament. Wife and BIL apparently didn't keep an eye on the burnt ends and took the name a bit too literally. They weren't terrible, but were not ideal. Still a nice meal and a good day. Wife prepared slaw, green beans, and a baked potato to go with the brisket.

Bell Tower Grey
packgrad said:

Forgot to post a pic of the brisket yesterday. Flat came out great. I separated it before heading to play 18 in neighborhood tournament. Wife and BIL apparently didn't keep an eye on the burnt ends and took the name a bit too literally. They weren't terrible, but were not ideal. Still a nice meal and a good day. Wife prepared slaw, green beans, and a baked potato to go with the brisket.

Good sous chefs are hard to find.

Thanks for the pics. Looks like good grub.
FlossyDFlynt
Seattle Grilled Chicken Teriyaki. Will definitely be added to the rotation
Bell Tower Grey
Not sure why this thread is dying out.

But, I've got an 8 # pork butt going on the smoker over hickory pellets and oak wood in the morning. It's past due for me to make some good bbq. .
Bell Tower Grey
Just checked the progress of that butt. A couple more hours to go.

Tootie4Pack
Bell Tower Grey said:

That looks smacking good!

A couple of hours you say? See you around 5:00 pm.
Bell Tower Grey
Tootie4Pack said:

Bell Tower Grey said:

Bring more beer, please.
Tootie4Pack
And I'll bring plenty of ice to keep it cold.
Mormad
Bell Tower Grey said:

Tootie4Pack said:

Bell Tower Grey said:

Bring more beer, please.

Can i bring some bourbon and 3 beautiful women (my fam)?

That looks outstanding
Bell Tower Grey
Mormad said:

Bell Tower Grey said:

Tootie4Pack said:

Bell Tower Grey said:

Bring more beer, please.

Can i bring some bourbon and 3 beautiful women (my fam)?

That looks outstanding
Absolutely. And, thank you.and Tootie.
Bell Tower Grey
Shredded with bear claws then sauced with Scott's. About half of it was gone when I took the picture; Mrs. BTG had carried some to the neighbors, and our daughter's boyfriend ate a couple of sandwiches before they headed out for the night. So far, no one has keeled over, so I think I did ok with it.

Andrew4343
What was the recipe for this one? Looks amazing!
Bell Tower Grey
Andrew4343 said:

What was the recipe for this one? Looks amazing!
Thank you.

No big recipe. 8# pork butt. Salted down last night. Smoked over oak charcoal and hickory pellets for about 9 hours. Taken off the heat, wrapped for an hour. Shredded and sauced. .

Just finished a sandwich of my own, and, it is pretty damn good bbq, even if I was the pit master.
Bell Tower Grey
Mrs. BTG fixed "real" banana pudding for dessert. Kicked it up with a little splash of spiced rum in the banana custard. Served in individual ramekins. She had the hit of dinner.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.