Grilling Thread

141,082 Views | 1158 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Seawolf2010
ncsupack1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Bell Tower Grey said:

ncsupack1 said:

Bell Tower Grey said:

Little tidbit of news for the Weber Grill fans here

https://www.wsj.com/articles/grill-maker-weber-to-be-taken-private-in-3-7-billion-deal-with-debt-11670858942

Can't read it, what's the re cap?
Weber Inc. WEBR 0.00%increase; green up pointing triangle on Monday said it agreed to a sweetened buyout from BDT Capital Partners LLC, the private-equity firm that took the grill maker public in 2021 and had remained the company's majority owner.
BDT agreed to pay $8.05 a share, a 24% premium to Weber's closing price Friday, for the rest of the Palatine, Ill.-based company that it doesn't own. BDT holds a more-than 85% stake in Weber.
The deal values Weber at roughly $2.3 billion based on the number of its shares outstanding. Weber put the deal's enterprise value at $3.7 billion, which includes debt.
BDT's go-private deal comes as grill makers struggle to reclaim the growth they reported during the pandemic-era boom in outdoor cooking. This year, Weber cut its outlook twice, replaced its chief executive and withdrew its financial guidance as restaurants across the nation reopened to full capacity.
Through the nine months ended June 30, Weber had lost $45 million. Weber has said it would report the final quarter of its fiscal year on Wednesday.
Weber's board has already approved the deal, and interim CEO Alan Matula said the transaction provides "immediate and fair value" to the company's minority shareholders.
Weber said it expects the deal to close in the first half of 2023 pending regulatory approvals.
The deal price is 60% above the stock's Oct. 24 closing price of $5.03, before BDT revealed an initial bid of $6.25 each for the Weber shares it doesn't already own.
Weber shares rose 23% to $8.02 in trading Monday. Before Monday, the stock had fallen about 50% this year.
The barbecue brand, in business for 70 years, went public in August 2021 and closed its first day of trading at $16.50 a share, an 18% premium above its opening price in what had been a robust IPO market. At the time, the company's former chief executive said that "people fell in love with grilling again" after the company reported a 60% rise in sales during the six-month period ended March 31, 2021, amid quarantine and social-distancing orders.
In November 2021, the stock fell below the company's initial-public-offering price of $14, where it has remained since, falling to as low as $4.82 in October.
BDT is affiliated with merchant bank BDT & Co., which specializes in advising and investing in family- and founder-led businesses. Its founder, Byron Trott, is a former Goldman Sachs Group Inc. executive and is known as a favorite banker of famed investor Warren Buffett.
Thanks for sharing. Not sure what that means, but I do like my Weber.
Bell Tower Grey
Like mine, too. Hopefully, it means they will bring all their production back to the USA. Some of their products had been outsourced.
ncsupack1
Bell Tower Grey said:

Like mine, too. Hopefully, it means they will bring all their production back to the USA. Some of their products had been outsourced.

Agree. We are grilling steaks tonight on the gas grill…didn't want to do charcoal tonight. Wanted to drink a bunch of beers…lol
Sierrawolf
ncsupack1 said:

Bell Tower Grey said:

Agree. We are grilling steaks tonight on the gas grill…didn't want to do charcoal tonight. Wanted to drink a bunch of beers…lol

Too funny…wanting to drink a bunch of beers is my reason FOR using charcoal over anything else.

Stuck in a rut of wings, steaks and pork chops so trying to figure out what to grill for dinner tonight. Any quick ideas? Thinking about some sort of seafood.
ncsupack1
Sierrawolf said:

ncsupack1 said:

Bell Tower Grey said:

Too funny…wanting to drink a bunch of beers is my reason FOR using charcoal over anything else.

Stuck in a rut of wings, steaks and pork chops so trying to figure out what to grill for dinner tonight. Any quick ideas? Thinking about some sort of seafood.

Missed seeing this. Hopefully you found something to grill. I personally love some seafood.
Bell Tower Grey
Tuna, scallops ?
ncsupack1
Grilling some bbq chicken tonight with broccoli and mac and cheese.
Sierrawolf
ncsupack1 said:

Sierrawolf said:

ncsupack1 said:

Bell Tower Grey said:

Missed seeing this. Hopefully you found something to grill. I personally love some seafood.

Ended up doing wings again…I think we're officially winged out. On a side note we have been trying a bag of Bayou Classic lump charcoal and it is awful. Pieces are either dust or big logs. Hasn't been the easiest to work with.
ncsupack1
Sierrawolf said:

ncsupack1 said:

Sierrawolf said:

ncsupack1 said:

Bell Tower Grey said:

Ended up doing wings again…I think we're officially winged out. On a side note we have been trying a bag of Bayou Classic lump charcoal and it is awful. Pieces are either dust or big logs. Hasn't been the easiest to work with.

I get it, we are ribbed out at the moment. Interesting and thanks for the heads up.
Bell Tower Grey
Sierrawolf said:

ncsupack1 said:

Sierrawolf said:

ncsupack1 said:

Bell Tower Grey said:

Jealous Devil is the best I've found as far as consistency. No trash, nice size pieces. Burns hot with very little ash.
TheStorm
This thread is getting very frustrating to those of us "on the outside looking in" without pictures.

Cut a brother a break.
Skylitdrive
It the best pics for presentation but did these last week when we down on the outer banks for the week. Packed my trailer up with my 2 smokers and a freezer and hauled them down so I could cook for everyone.

Shrimp with a Cajun seasoning and also a separate batch with a simple citrus seasoning. Crab legs brushed with Cajun butter during cooking and a lemon butter for dipping. Oysters smoked with a bourbon butter sauce with the Tabasco smoked Chipotle sauce.

ncsupack1
Skylitdrive said:

It the best pics for presentation but did these last week when we down on the outer banks for the week. Packed my trailer up with my 2 smokers and a freezer and hauled them down so I could cook for everyone.

Shrimp with a Cajun seasoning and also a separate batch with a simple citrus seasoning. Crab legs brushed with Cajun butter during cooking and a lemon butter for dipping. Oysters smoked with a bourbon butter sauce with the Tabasco smoked Chipotle sauce.

Looks good.
ncsupack1
Picked some meat this morning to grill/smoke at a later date, but this evening thinking of grill a pork tenderloin. Haven't had one in a while.
Skylitdrive
ncsupack1 said:

Picked some meat this morning to grill/smoke at a later date, but this evening thinking of grill a pork tenderloin. Haven't had one in a while.
Man, if you happen to like Jamaican jerk flavoring, there is a recipe on myrecipes.com for one and everytime I make it it's a hit. It also calls for habanero peppers. I usually add about 4-5 depending on how spicy you like it.
ncsupack1
Skylitdrive said:

ncsupack1 said:

Man, if you happen to like Jamaican jerk flavoring, there is a recipe on myrecipes.com for one and everytime I make it it's a hit. It also calls for habanero peppers. I usually add about 4-5 depending on how spicy you like it.
Have never had it. Picked up some nice ribeye's to throw on the Weber later today. Sides are easy, baked potatoes and Texas toast. Plenty of beer as well.
packgrad
Random... I used FOGO in the black bag I got from HD or Lowes a couple weeks ago for a long smoke, 11 or so hours. I filled the chamber in my Big Joe. Didn't pull the heat shields off after the cook to clean up or look at anything. Went to cook on it again this week. Pulled off the heat shields and I had barely made a dent in the charcoal. I fired it up again to grill on Valentines Day. Got up to 450 quickly, my preferred grilling temp for steaks 450-475. Shut it down without looking at it, but checked again yesterday. I still have a good bit of charcoal left. I am quite pleased with that charcoal.

Thinking about smoking something this weekend. I've got some sausage, from Smiths Red & White in Dortches, and venison in the freezer. Thinking about doing a big smoke and making a few venison meatloafs, smoked sausage, and some babybacks. Probably better see if I can get some people to come over and help eat all of it. The meatloafs I can also freeze and give away.
ncsupack1
Bbq wings today for Daytona, sides Mac and cheese and fried okra. Tomorrow throwing a Smithfield shoulder on for the 500. As for sides looks like baked beans and Kings Hawaiian rolls.
Bell Tower Grey
ncsupack1 said:

Bbq wings today for Daytona, sides Mac and cheese and fried okra. Tomorrow throwing a Smithfield shoulder on for the 500. As for sides looks like baked beans and Kings Hawaiian rolls.
Sounds good. I'm taking chemo right now, so my grilling / smoking enjoyment is currently on hold. Living vicariously through the rest of you guys!
Tootie4Pack
Bell Tower Grey said:

ncsupack1 said:

Sounds good. I'm taking chemo right now, so my grilling / smoking enjoyment is currently on hold. Living vicariously through the rest of you guys!

Hang in there. Your grill is waiting for you to return soon and in good health !
ncsupack1
Bell Tower Grey said:

ncsupack1 said:

Wow that sucks, sorry to hear. I must of missed that. Best of luck to you.
Cthepack
Bell Tower Grey said:

ncsupack1 said:

Doing a stupid Keto / Low cal diet and was debating smoking a boston butt for some variety. Your post motivated me to get one on the grill. Hope things get better and you are back to grilling in no time.
ncsupack1
Tomorrow for race day id beef ribs smoked with grilled beans. Anyone else with plans?
ncsupack1
Picked up some ribeye and T bones for tomorrow from our local spot. Farm fresh.
ncsupack1
T-bones and ribeye are getting ready for the grill later. Baked potatoes and steamed broccoli for sides. First Vodka pour of the day for the race.
ncsupack1
Not grilling related but the wife is going to make chili and corn bread. Great day to sit inside have some Maker's and watch racing.
ncsupack1
Hopefully the rain either holds off or gone by dinner. Thinking of grilling some sausage, peppers, and the works for dinner. Wife is going to make homemade fries.
FlossyDFlynt
Just picked up a Blackstone. Gonna season it today and probably cook on it the rest of the week. Pretty excited for it
ncsupack1
FlossyDFlynt said:

Just picked up a Blackstone. Gonna season it today and probably cook on it the rest of the week. Pretty excited for it
So far how do you like it? Picked up a couple of bone in choice ribeye from our local butcher shop this am. Sides are toasted bread and baked potatoes. What is everyone else doing for Easter meals? And yes, that is our meal for tomorrow.
SexualChocolate
FlossyDFlynt said:

I have one at the beach and that's all I cook on except for my Webber. My favorite things to cook on the blackstone…,

Smash burgers
Hibachi
Breakfast
Stir fry
ncsupack1
SexualChocolate said:

FlossyDFlynt said:

I have one at the beach and that's all I cook on except for my Webber. My favorite things to cook on the blackstone…,

Smash burgers
Hibachi
Breakfast
Stir fry

I'd love to do breakfast or some shrimp on one of those.
FlossyDFlynt
ncsupack1 said:

FlossyDFlynt said:

So far how do you like it? Picked up a couple of bone in choice ribeye from our local butcher shop this am. Sides are toasted bread and baked potatoes. What is everyone else doing for Easter meals? And yes, that is our meal for tomorrow.
Absolutely love it so far, but only done burgers on it. Doing chicken fajitas tonight and plan on doing breakfast at least once on it this weekend
ncsupack1
FlossyDFlynt said:

ncsupack1 said:

FlossyDFlynt said:

Absolutely love it so far, but only done burgers on it. Doing chicken fajitas tonight and plan on doing breakfast at least once on it this weekend

Let us know how it goes. Sounds good.
Skylitdrive
Just letting you know, anyone interested in a pellet grill, Recteq has a 15 % of sale right now. Just ordered my 4th one.
ncsupack1
I must be honest, I've never seen or used one. How are they?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.