Grilling Thread

139,453 Views | 1158 Replies | Last: 10 days ago by Seawolf2010
Bell Tower Grey
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Skylitdrive said:

Mormad is gonna be disappointed he didn't wait for this one -
If I called my dog "bad boy" as much as the pitchman did that grill, my dog would be depressed for weeks. My dog has never been a bad boy.
Skylitdrive
Haha. That guy was reminiscent of the "Sham Wow " guy lol. I noticed that too. Fortunately he didn't turn me off from a potential sale !
ncsupack1
Thinking of Jesse Jones and homemade fries. Jack in hand this afternoon.
Bell Tower Grey
ncsupack1 said:

A good hot dog is tough to beat, especially grilled over charcoal at home. JJ's aren't bad; I prefer Stevens' or Bright Leaf. The Stevens' aren't quite as spicy as Bright Leaf, which makes some of kid's wives happy when they come home and we have dogs and burgers.
ncsupack1
Bell Tower Grey said:

ncsupack1 said:

A good hot dog is tough to beat, especially grilled over charcoal at home. JJ's aren't bad; I prefer Stevens' or Bright Leaf. The Stevens' aren't quite as spicy as Bright Leaf, which makes some of kid's wives happy when they come home and we have dogs and burgers.

I prefer Bright Leafs but my youngest wanted JJ. But agree, love a good hotdog over charcoal.
ncsupack1
Grilled ribeye last night, wife made homemade mac and cheese with potatoes, very good. Tonight, is homemade pizza for the games with beers to go along.
Sierrawolf
ncsupack1 said:

Bell Tower Grey said:

ncsupack1 said:

I prefer Bright Leafs but my youngest wanted JJ. But agree, love a good hotdog over charcoal.

Where can I buy Bright Leaf dogs in Raleigh? I didn't see them in Harris Teeter last time I looked.
ncsupack1
Sierrawolf said:

ncsupack1 said:

Bell Tower Grey said:

ncsupack1 said:

Where can I buy Bright Leaf dogs in Raleigh? I didn't see them in Harris Teeter last time I looked.

I've seen them in Foodlion, Lowe's Food, and Harris Teeter. We live in southern Wake so not sure if that's a reason or not. Strange cause I believe that they are made in Smithfield.
Bell Tower Grey
ncsupack1 said:

Sierrawolf said:

ncsupack1 said:

Bell Tower Grey said:

ncsupack1 said:

I've seen them in Foodlion, Lowe's Food, and Harris Teeter. We live in southern Wake so not sure if that's a reason or not. Strange cause I believe that they are made in Smithfield.
Carolina Packers, producers of Bright Leaf products, has a retail store at their facility. It is located on Highway 301 South, just outside Smithfield, between there and Four Oaks.
ncsupack1
Burgers and dogs later on the Weber. Homemade fries for the side.
Tootie4Pack
Bell Tower Grey said:

ncsupack1 said:

Sierrawolf said:

ncsupack1 said:

Bell Tower Grey said:

ncsupack1 said:

Carolina Packers, producers of Bright Leaf products, has a retail store at their facility. It is located on Highway 301 South, just outside Smithfield, between there and Four Oaks.
When I was growing up, my Father had met a couple who owned a small grocery / convenience store just outside of Clayton. They stocked Bright Leaf products by the case / box. That is how he bought the Bright Leaf hot dogs and red hots. We kept a mixed case of both in the fridge. There was always time for a BL product in our house growing up. If we were out of hot dog rolls, and had hamburger rolls, the red hots got cooked, cut in half, and served on a hamburger bun. No joke. And it was some good eating.
ncsupack1
Tootie4Pack said:

Bell Tower Grey said:

ncsupack1 said:

Sierrawolf said:

ncsupack1 said:

Bell Tower Grey said:

ncsupack1 said:

When I was growing up, my Father had met a couple who owned a small grocery / convenience store just outside of Clayton. They stocked Bright Leaf products by the case / box. That is how he bought the Bright Leaf hot dogs and red hots. We kept a mixed case of both in the fridge. There was always time for a BL product in our house growing up. If we were out of hot dog rolls, and had hamburger rolls, the red hots got cooked, cut in half, and served on a hamburger bun. No joke. And it was some good eating.

That sounds good.
Bell Tower Grey
Tootie4Pack said:

Bell Tower Grey said:

ncsupack1 said:

Sierrawolf said:

ncsupack1 said:

Bell Tower Grey said:

ncsupack1 said:

Been there, brother. Most of the time ours were fried up and served to us on a piece of light bread with mustard - didn't matter if it was hot dogs, red hots or an occasional burger. My mom, God rest her soul, didn't exactly know her way around the kitchen like my grandma (God rest hers, too) did.
Wufpack17
Sierrawolf said:

ncsupack1 said:

Bell Tower Grey said:

ncsupack1 said:

Definitely food lion. The HT off 401/Ten Ten does not have them, but the Food Lion does.
Tootie4Pack
Bell Tower Grey said:

Tootie4Pack said:

Bell Tower Grey said:

ncsupack1 said:

Sierrawolf said:

ncsupack1 said:

Bell Tower Grey said:

ncsupack1 said:

Been there, brother. Most of the time ours were fried up and served to us on a piece of light bread with mustard - didn't matter if it was hot dogs, red hots or an occasional burger. My mom, God rest her soul, didn't exactly know her way around the kitchen like my grandma (God rest hers, too) did.
I have eaten a many a hotdog on a single piece of white bread, with mustard and whatever else was around. That is some good, fast, and easy eating right there.
Wufpack17
Every hot dog that you eat takes 36 minutes off of your life.

I'm a real life zombie.
Bell Tower Grey
Tootie4Pack said:

Bell Tower Grey said:

Tootie4Pack said:

Bell Tower Grey said:

ncsupack1 said:

Sierrawolf said:

ncsupack1 said:

Bell Tower Grey said:

ncsupack1 said:

I have eaten a many a hotdog on a single piece of white bread, with mustard and whatever else was around. That is some good, fast, and easy eating right there.
Several years ago when I was passing through, I stopped in at Percy Flowers' Store (the Grocery Bag) on Hwy 42. Tommy Fitzgerald was still living then; we had been friends for years. I told him I wanted a shoe box full with mustard and chili. He grinned, but the gals behind the counter had that "wth" look on their faces. Tommy told them I wanted a dozen, which I did. Ordered several of those over time when there. Regretably, age and medical issues have knocked that 12 down to an occasional one or two.
ncsupack1
Bell Tower Grey said:

Tootie4Pack said:

Bell Tower Grey said:

Tootie4Pack said:

Bell Tower Grey said:

ncsupack1 said:

Sierrawolf said:

ncsupack1 said:

Bell Tower Grey said:

ncsupack1 said:

Several years ago when I was passing through, I stopped in at Percy Flowers' Store (the Grocery Bag) on Hwy 42. Tommy Fitzgerald was still living then; we had been friends for years. I told him I wanted a shoe box full with mustard and chili. He grinned, but the gals behind the counter had that "wth" look on their faces. Tommy told them I wanted a dozen, which I did. Ordered several of those over time when there. Regretably, age and medical issues have knocked that 12 down to an occasional one or two.

Love those hotdogs.
Tootie4Pack
ncsupack1 said:

Bell Tower Grey said:

Tootie4Pack said:

Bell Tower Grey said:

Tootie4Pack said:

Bell Tower Grey said:

ncsupack1 said:

Sierrawolf said:

ncsupack1 said:

Bell Tower Grey said:

ncsupack1 said:

Love those hotdogs.
Me too. When my brother was living, he had a couple of guys working with him as they cut down trees and did other types of landscaping work. At least once a week, he would go to his favorite place in Washington, Bill's Hot Dogs, and get a "Sack Full" of hot dogs. The ladies knew that meant a dozen all the way. Wish he was still with us so he could enjoy one of those dogs, along with my Grandfather. Used to take him some while he was at the rest home. Great memories.
ncsupack1
Bell Tower Grey said:

Tootie4Pack said:

Bell Tower Grey said:

Tootie4Pack said:

Bell Tower Grey said:

ncsupack1 said:

Sierrawolf said:

ncsupack1 said:

Bell Tower Grey said:

ncsupack1 said:

On my way home today I stopped and had two! Awesome as always. It had been a minute since I had some.
910wolf
My Cumberland/Bladen County people know the best place to get a red hot dog is Cain's Grill in White Oak.
ncsupack1
Been busy with work lately, going to hit up our butcher today for something on grill later.
Bell Tower Grey
Just received a call from a friend of mine that lives in Winterville. Said that Bum Dennis, the owner of Bum's Restaurant in Ayden, died yesterday. I'd met Mr. Dennis several times, and he was a true Southern Gentleman. Easy going, smart and considerate of everyone around him. He will be missed by a lot of folks. It was a pleasure to have made his acquaintance.

Their bbq is some of the best in that bbq rich area, but they are equally well known for their collards. Next time you're in the area, you should make a point to stop in.
ncsupack1
Bell Tower Grey said:

Just received a call from a friend of mine that lives in Winterville. Said that Bum Dennis, the owner of Bum's Restaurant in Ayden, died yesterday. I'd met Mr. Dennis several times, and he was a true Southern Gentleman. Easy going, smart and considerate of everyone around him. He will be missed by a lot of folks. It was a pleasure to have made his acquaintance.

Their bbq is some of the best in that bbq rich area, but they are equally well known for their collards. Next time you're in the area, you should make a point to stop in.
Sad to hear, have never ate there, may have to make a trip if work takes me out that way.
packgrad
Finally used my fireboard. Took 3 pounds of venison hamburger. Stuffed most of it into some casings to make snack sticks. Thought I didn't have much left in the stuffer so I didn't put more casing on, and was wrong… ended up pumping out another half pound, or so, that I'm calling a hybrid, skinless snack stick/jerky.

Long story short, it worked wonderfully. Set it on 200. Got the fire going and hooked up the fan. It brought me up to temp pretty quick and held there for about 4 hours. Looking forward to playing with it more over the holiday.

Not the best pics, but all I got.

ncsupack1
Looks good.. I admit that I have never ate it…wish I have
Bell Tower Grey
Never have been a fan of jerky myself, but, good job.
ncsupack1
Going simple today. Going to pick up burgers for later. Wife is going to do her homemade fries to go with them.
SexualChocolate
Christmas vacation has started! Lobster tails and filets tonight with cabbage and a salad.
Bell Tower Grey
Little tidbit of news for the Weber Grill fans here

https://www.wsj.com/articles/grill-maker-weber-to-be-taken-private-in-3-7-billion-deal-with-debt-11670858942
ncsupack1
Bell Tower Grey said:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/grill-maker-weber-to-be-taken-private-in-3-7-billion-deal-with-debt-11670858942

Can't read it, what's the re cap?
Bell Tower Grey
ncsupack1 said:

Bell Tower Grey said:

Weber Inc. WEBR 0.00%increase; green up pointing triangle on Monday said it agreed to a sweetened buyout from BDT Capital Partners LLC, the private-equity firm that took the grill maker public in 2021 and had remained the company's majority owner.
BDT agreed to pay $8.05 a share, a 24% premium to Weber's closing price Friday, for the rest of the Palatine, Ill.-based company that it doesn't own. BDT holds a more-than 85% stake in Weber.
The deal values Weber at roughly $2.3 billion based on the number of its shares outstanding. Weber put the deal's enterprise value at $3.7 billion, which includes debt.
BDT's go-private deal comes as grill makers struggle to reclaim the growth they reported during the pandemic-era boom in outdoor cooking. This year, Weber cut its outlook twice, replaced its chief executive and withdrew its financial guidance as restaurants across the nation reopened to full capacity.
Through the nine months ended June 30, Weber had lost $45 million. Weber has said it would report the final quarter of its fiscal year on Wednesday.
Weber's board has already approved the deal, and interim CEO Alan Matula said the transaction provides "immediate and fair value" to the company's minority shareholders.
Weber said it expects the deal to close in the first half of 2023 pending regulatory approvals.
The deal price is 60% above the stock's Oct. 24 closing price of $5.03, before BDT revealed an initial bid of $6.25 each for the Weber shares it doesn't already own.
Weber shares rose 23% to $8.02 in trading Monday. Before Monday, the stock had fallen about 50% this year.
The barbecue brand, in business for 70 years, went public in August 2021 and closed its first day of trading at $16.50 a share, an 18% premium above its opening price in what had been a robust IPO market. At the time, the company's former chief executive said that "people fell in love with grilling again" after the company reported a 60% rise in sales during the six-month period ended March 31, 2021, amid quarantine and social-distancing orders.
In November 2021, the stock fell below the company's initial-public-offering price of $14, where it has remained since, falling to as low as $4.82 in October.
BDT is affiliated with merchant bank BDT & Co., which specializes in advising and investing in family- and founder-led businesses. Its founder, Byron Trott, is a former Goldman Sachs Group Inc. executive and is known as a favorite banker of famed investor Warren Buffett.
SexualChocolate
Bell Tower Grey said:

ncsupack1 said:

Bell Tower Grey said:

Weber Inc. WEBR 0.00%increase; green up pointing triangle on Monday said it agreed to a sweetened buyout from BDT Capital Partners LLC, the private-equity firm that took the grill maker public in 2021 and had remained the company's majority owner.
BDT agreed to pay $8.05 a share, a 24% premium to Weber's closing price Friday, for the rest of the Palatine, Ill.-based company that it doesn't own. BDT holds a more-than 85% stake in Weber.
The deal values Weber at roughly $2.3 billion based on the number of its shares outstanding. Weber put the deal's enterprise value at $3.7 billion, which includes debt.
BDT's go-private deal comes as grill makers struggle to reclaim the growth they reported during the pandemic-era boom in outdoor cooking. This year, Weber cut its outlook twice, replaced its chief executive and withdrew its financial guidance as restaurants across the nation reopened to full capacity.
Through the nine months ended June 30, Weber had lost $45 million. Weber has said it would report the final quarter of its fiscal year on Wednesday.
Weber's board has already approved the deal, and interim CEO Alan Matula said the transaction provides "immediate and fair value" to the company's minority shareholders.
Weber said it expects the deal to close in the first half of 2023 pending regulatory approvals.
The deal price is 60% above the stock's Oct. 24 closing price of $5.03, before BDT revealed an initial bid of $6.25 each for the Weber shares it doesn't already own.
Weber shares rose 23% to $8.02 in trading Monday. Before Monday, the stock had fallen about 50% this year.
The barbecue brand, in business for 70 years, went public in August 2021 and closed its first day of trading at $16.50 a share, an 18% premium above its opening price in what had been a robust IPO market. At the time, the company's former chief executive said that "people fell in love with grilling again" after the company reported a 60% rise in sales during the six-month period ended March 31, 2021, amid quarantine and social-distancing orders.
In November 2021, the stock fell below the company's initial-public-offering price of $14, where it has remained since, falling to as low as $4.82 in October.
BDT is affiliated with merchant bank BDT & Co., which specializes in advising and investing in family- and founder-led businesses. Its founder, Byron Trott, is a former Goldman Sachs Group Inc. executive and is known as a favorite banker of famed investor Warren Buffett.

Thank you for posting this. Love my Weber. I think I'm on my 4th one in my lifetime.
WPNfamily
Skylitdrive said:

woooooweeeeee I am in love! Not being able to seer without ash has been my big complaint on pellet. I also love the flat top they have for this. This puppy checks all my boxes in one! Thanks for sharing.
Skylitdrive
WPNfamily said:

Skylitdrive said:

woooooweeeeee I am in love! Not being able to seer without ash has been my big complaint on pellet. I also love the flat top they have for this. This puppy checks all my boxes in one! Thanks for sharing.
Yes sir, I have 3 recteqs , absolutely love them.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.